PDA

View Full Version : Lebron pisses off Cleveland fans by wearing a Yankee cap to Indians/Yankees game.

O-Factor
10-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Wow, its like he's rubbing it in his fans faces. Why would he do that to the city of Cleveland? In cany case, that was stupid of him to do.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071004&content_id=2250946&vkey=ps2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

CLEVELAND -- LeBron James announced to millions during his recent appearance on "Saturday Night Live" his intention to root against his hometown Indians this week in the American League Division Series.
Man, he wasn't kidding.

In a move that provides quite the dilemma for Cleveland fans, James not only sported enemy gear to Thursday's Game 1 against the Yankees at Jacobs Field, but he even playfully taunted fans by doffing his Yankees cap and raising it in front of a camera during an interview with TBS.

James may be the city's biggest star who revived Cleveland basketball and brought the Cavaliers to the NBA Finals last season. But did he cross the line? Are some things best kept hidden?

"It's like [Indians ace] C.C. [Sabathia] walking out there with a Pistons hat," said Kevin Lowrie, 48, of Mentor. "Yeah, it's who he roots for, but does he have to brag about it like that? It's wrong."

"I think he should be traded for that," said 30-year-old Joe Dickinson, with a laugh. "Cheer in secret."

Even New York fans thought it was odd for the longtime Yankees fan to flaunt his team's colors in the town that idolizes him.

"I can't understand it," said Rob Fath, 19, of Yonkers, N.Y. "It's really pretty low of LeBron, to be honest. Why would he do that to his city?"

At least it offered the Yanks' faithful some needed humor -- and solace.

"That offers a lot of comfort," said Dave Molyneaux, a 42-year-old Yankees fan from Gainesville, Fla. "That's pretty stellar of him to wear that hat."

Yet in the end, the Indians and the sellout crowd of got the last laugh in a 12-3 victory. James eventually succumbed to the demands of nearby fans shouting for him to take off his hat. And as the Indians pulled away in the sixth inning, James summoned his entourage to the exits.

There is, of course, another side to this story. Some fans simply don't care.

"Who cares? I love LeBron. How can you not?" said 27-year-old Jason Maxey. "He can wear a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey for all I care. It has nothing to do with basketball."

"He can do whatever he wants. When he was young, the Tribe was bad, so what are you going to do?" said Derek Yurtz, 33, of Medina. "Whatever makes him happy. If rooting for the Yankees helps him shoot threes, he could vote for Satan."

Most fans, however, fell along the lines of Tribe Hall of Fame pitcher Bob Feller. Rooting for the Yankees? Fine. A Cleveland representative wearing Yankees gear? Not fine.

"I'm going to a Cavaliers game and sit right by their bench, wearing a Detroit Pistons cap. Let's see how LeBron likes that," Feller told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.

"Really," said Dickinson, "it's ridiculous."

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071005/capt.b52da54136af462cb2491c789ed2ea64.aptopix_yank ees_indians_baseball_ohmd122.jpg

Walter Craparita
10-05-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm tired of this guy.

Thank god the Spurs will keep him from winning a ring for a while.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-05-2007, 03:06 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071005/capt.b52da54136af462cb2491c789ed2ea64.aptopix_yank ees_indians_baseball_ohmd122.jpg
Look at how dejected Mike D'Antoni looks in that picture. He must be sad that Craig Sager did have any questions for him.

atxrocker
10-05-2007, 03:16 PM
i hate lebron

da_suns_fan__
10-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Look at how dejected Mike D'Antoni looks in that picture. He must be sad that Craig Sager did have any questions for him.

That was pretty funny.

Leinart sported a Kobe jersey during the Suns vs. Lakers series back in 2006 and most Phoenicians were upset, but we cut him some slack since he actually hadn't actually signed with the Cardinals yet (only had his draft rights).

My brother in law actually knows him (Leinart) and I swore if I ever met him that I would let him know that he needs to check his L.A. allegiance at the border.

But then I met him two weeks ago (for about two seconds) and I chickened out. :lol

da_suns_fan_
10-05-2007, 03:52 PM
My brother in law actually knows him (Leinart) and I swore if I ever met him that I would let him know that he needs to check his L.A. allegiance at the border.

But then I met him two weeks ago (for about two seconds) and I chickened out. :lol
http://www.noheat.com/images/Bullshit-Button.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
10-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I'd take LeBron on my team

Fillmoe
10-05-2007, 05:44 PM
That right there would the the GAY Z/Cockafella influence.

Jadakiss
10-05-2007, 05:47 PM
"I can't understand it," said Rob Fath, 19, of Yonkers, N.Y. "It's really pretty low of LeBron, to be honest. Why would he do that to his city?"

YONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Fillmoe
10-05-2007, 05:51 PM
lets see what Lebron has to say about this....

http://i21.tinypic.com/23ma0er.gif

dirk4mvp
10-05-2007, 05:57 PM
:lmao

Fillmoe
10-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Hes a bandwagon fan. He said his favorite teams growing up were the Cowboys, Yankees and Bulls. :lol

Thats quite and odd list for someone who grew up in AKRON.

Walter Craparita
10-05-2007, 06:33 PM
That was pretty funny.

Leinart sported a Kobe jersey during the Suns vs. Lakers series back in 2006 and most Phoenicians were upset, but we cut him some slack since he actually hadn't actually signed with the Cardinals yet (only had his draft rights).

Damn Paris Hilton of Sports. He's definitely not Spurs material.

Obstructed_View
10-05-2007, 07:02 PM
If Tom Brady can be a Yankees fan, then the Indians fans need to just shut up. I'm glad ESPN noticed that AI was wearing a Red Sox hat when he went on his "practice" tirade.

ShoogarBear
10-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Hes a bandwagon fan. He said his favorite teams growing up were the Cowboys, Yankees and Bulls. :lol

Thats quite and odd list for someone who grew up in AKRON.LeBron = peewee

Fillmoe
10-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Lebron is suicidal?

lefty
10-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Do you think Lebron has a secret Spurs cap?

NBA Junkie
10-06-2007, 03:30 AM
And just like his Cavs, the Yankees will also get swept.

SenorSpur
10-06-2007, 09:18 AM
His favorite teams growing up were

Yankees, Cowboys and Bulls.

Sounds like front-running, bandwagonner.

Maybe his favorite basketball team is now the Spurs.

KidCongo
10-06-2007, 09:29 AM
As a kid you could say he was bandwagonner but he isn't anymore, otherwise he'd go for Pats, Colts and Spurs

King
10-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Who cares? He wasn't wearing a Knicks hat. It's baseball and has absolutely no bearing on the Cavs or basketball at all.

G-Money
10-06-2007, 12:38 PM
I hate cleveland teams but as a player playing for the city, you can be a fan of the yankees but you shouldn't wear the hat that the city you play for is facing the same team that you are wearing that hat of.

That to me would be something similar if Chris Webber went to a michigan vs ohio state game, and even though he played for Michigan, he is wearing an ohio state shirt or somthing.

So in closing, Fuck Cleveland, Fuck Lebron, Fuck the Ohio State and most of all Fuck you!!

Thunder Dan
10-06-2007, 12:54 PM
I hate cleveland teams but as a player playing for the city, you can be a fan of the knicks but you shouldn't wear the hat that the city you play for is facing the same team that you are wearing that hat of.

That to me would be something similar if Chris Webber went to a michigan vs ohio state game, and even though he played for Michigan, he is wearing an ohio state shirt or somthing.

So in closing, Fuck Cleveland, Fuck Lebron, Fuck the Ohio State and most of all Fuck you!!

or Braylon Edwards doing the O-H-I-O thing to Hang on Sloopy during a Browns game...oh wait that was last week

StylisticS
10-06-2007, 03:30 PM
First off. Let me say this. Lebron was born and raised in Akron, Ohio. Cleveland is not his city. So he, as a grown ass man, can do whatever the fuck he wants. Just because you grow up and a certain place, does not mean you are obligated to root for that team. Do you know how many Spurs fans there are with young kids now that has never dreamt of going to Texas?

Second, he is a fan of the Cowboys, Yankees, and Bulls. He started to become a fan of those teams when he was 8 years old. The age when we all started to pick teams. When he was 8, who was winning championships and who was always on the tv? Those three teams.

Now, he's bandwagoning? What exactly is he bandwagoning? I hate to type this but the Cowboys haven't done shit since he was 11 fuckin years old. So that means he's bandwagoning a team that has won no playoff games in 10 years, has won the division twice since 1995, and has had 5 losing seasons in the last 10 years.

What is he bandwagoning in basketball? The Bulls? Thousands of people his age are bulls fans outside Chicago because the Bulls was the shit in the 90s. But they have done jackshit since 1998. They've had some of the worse seasons since 1998. We all see that they have just RECENTLY become a good team.

The same with the Yankees. Since 2000, he has seen his team choke the 2001 world series, the 2003 world series, the 2004 ALCS ( the biggest choke in sports history involving a series), and a team that is getting owned right now.

So he is bandwagoning teams that have won NO championships this century.

BTW, Allen Iverson wore Cowboy jerseys in a city that fuckin hates the Cowboys. He did that because he's a Cowboy fan. As well as Jay-Z and LL cool J.

Galileo
10-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Wow, its like he's rubbing it in his fans faces. Why would he do that to the city of Cleveland? In cany case, that was stupid of him to do.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071004&content_id=2250946&vkey=ps2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

WHAT A DUMBSHIT! THIS IS ALMOST AS STUPID AS WHAT VICK DID.

yourcheatinheart
10-06-2007, 09:26 PM

suns obsession, feel the heat baby!

Obstructed_View
10-06-2007, 09:48 PM
WHAT A DUMBSHIT! THIS IS ALMOST AS STUPID AS WHAT VICK DID.
Rooting for a team he's always rooted for is almost the same as running a dog fighting ring?

TheZackAttack!
10-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Lebron must be feeling pretty down today, now that his Yankees are out. I wonder if he is Pro-Torre???

inconvertible
10-09-2007, 09:02 PM
lebron is a real dumb ass. end of discussion.

703 Spurz
10-09-2007, 09:04 PM
I hate cleveland teams but as a player playing for the city, you can be a fan of the yankees but you shouldn't wear the hat that the city you play for is facing the same team that you are wearing that hat of.

Exactly. be a fan but don't wear Yankee bullshit to a cocksucking playoff game. Stupid motherfucker

honorindians
10-11-2007, 07:58 PM
HONORABLE MENTION: LeBRON JAMES

Honor Indians Institute would like to honor LeBron James for showing up to the Cleveland v. New York Yankee’s playoff game, in Cleveland, wearing a Yankee cap. King James says that he did so because he is a Yankee fan, and his friendship with Yankee icon Derek Jeter. Whatever his motivation, we honor him for refusing to wear the racist Indian caricature.
It will take at least one African American athlete of courage to stand up and say with word and/or action that Indian mascots are wrong. Honor Indians Institute would like to invite arguably the most recognizable African American athlete, LeBron James, aka, “King James,” to be that voice! Join with us in calling for education and alternatives to Indian mascots. Non-Indians dismiss Indian calls for education and change as “politically correct” garbage, and tell us to get over it and be “honored” by Indian mascots. Non-Indians, especially in Cleveland, will at least listen to you LeBron! JOIN US, KING JAMES!!!
For all you Indian mascot athletic supporters who can’t wait to tell Honor Indians Institute to get over it, go to counseling, or just shut up and be honored, please READ our position on Indian mascots at www.honorindians.com before responding.
http://honorindians.com/ www.honorindians.com (http://honorindians.com/)

dallaskd
10-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Dang a guy in cleveland who gets seats right next to lebron? lucky Sob.

dallaskd
10-11-2007, 08:29 PM
anyway, lebron is a dumbass

dirk4mvp
10-11-2007, 10:39 PM
If I were you I wouldn't exactly call anybody a dumbass, dumbass.

Findog
10-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Dang, this topic made it to two pages? WGAF?

Obstructed_View
10-12-2007, 05:48 AM
HONORABLE MENTION: LeBRON JAMES

Honor Indians Institute would like to honor LeBron James for showing up to the Cleveland v. New York Yankee’s playoff game, in Cleveland, wearing a Yankee cap. King James says that he did so because he is a Yankee fan, and his friendship with Yankee icon Derek Jeter. Whatever his motivation, we honor him for refusing to wear the racist Indian caricature.
It will take at least one African American athlete of courage to stand up and say with word and/or action that Indian mascots are wrong. Honor Indians Institute would like to invite arguably the most recognizable African American athlete, LeBron James, aka, “King James,” to be that voice! Join with us in calling for education and alternatives to Indian mascots. Non-Indians dismiss Indian calls for education and change as “politically correct” garbage, and tell us to get over it and be “honored” by Indian mascots. Non-Indians, especially in Cleveland, will at least listen to you LeBron! JOIN US, KING JAMES!!!
For all you Indian mascot athletic supporters who can’t wait to tell Honor Indians Institute to get over it, go to counseling, or just shut up and be honored, please READ our position on Indian mascots at www.honorindians.com before responding.
http://honorindians.com/ www.honorindians.com (http://honorindians.com/)

It's funny that anyone claiming to be sensitive would refer to themselves as "Indians". If I ever need a handout I'll be sure to start www.honoryankees.com.

:lol :lol :lol

Dre_7
10-12-2007, 10:09 AM
WTF?!?!? Who cares what team he likes?

So when the Cowboys and Bears play are Spurs fans gonna be pissed that Tim Duncan would want the Bears to win?

WGAF?