ducks
10-05-2007, 10:38 PM
when yankees were good they developed their own players
when is the last time they did that

DOMINATOR
10-05-2007, 11:04 PM
when yankees were good they developed their own players
when is the last time they did that
man i hate defending the yankees but you are wrong. Robinson Cano, Phillip Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, Vizcaino, Melky Cabrera, shelley duncan and some other pitcher forgot his name kennedy maybe. all young and good, last few years they spent rebuilding their farm system and are now starting to show it.

ducks
10-05-2007, 11:06 PM
well they must be taking lessons from dbacks

they might be good

I wonder if they are hoping alex opts out

DOMINATOR
10-05-2007, 11:10 PM
well they must be taking lessons from dbacks

they might be good

I wonder if they are hoping alex opts out
are you a spurs fan also a dbacks fan? ok... not like the dbacks are innovating when it comes to drafting and producing young talent. all teams do that some are better than others. marlins are the best IMO. giants have the best pitching scouts. angels are pretty good too.

ducks
10-05-2007, 11:12 PM
yes I am a spur fan
dbacks fan
chargers fan

I live in yuma and watched chargers and dbacks enough to start to care for them

I can not stand the suns

not a big baseball fan

I usually fall asleep 3 or 4 innings each time I WATCH it

K-State Spur
10-05-2007, 11:14 PM
VASTLY improve defensively.

when their normal line-up is healthy and Giambi is at 1b, they are only above average at 3b & CF (unless Damon is in CF, then they are below average there as well).

**and if anybody tries to throw jeter's gold gloves at me as evidence to the contrary, i'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

ducks
10-05-2007, 11:18 PM
do they go after bonds?

Walter Craparita
10-06-2007, 01:41 AM
quit thinking $$$$$$ equals wins.

T Park
10-06-2007, 03:23 AM
pitching pitching pitching

Thunder Dan
10-06-2007, 08:48 AM
match the Indians..Think about it, if the Yanks had a $61,000,000 payroll they might be the most successful business in sports (from a business standpoint). But no, they will just go out and spend spend spend, and never learn how to build a team.

JamStone
10-06-2007, 12:06 PM
They have some good young pitching that will probably be more ready to be consistent next year. Hughes and Chamberlain will likely be starters. They already have Wang and Petite as the veteran anchors. They need one more solid starting pitcher to balance the inconsistencies the young starters might have. But, starting pitching shouldn't be too bad for the Yankees next year. They do need another middle reliever and another set-up guy because they're moving Chamberlain into the rotation.

As for their line-up, it's too left-handed heavy. Jeter and A-Rod are their only quality right handed bats. All the others are lefties or switch hitters. They need a right handed bat that can hit for average lower in the line-up to protect all their lefties when they face a tough left handed pitcher or even a right handed pitcher that gets lefties out at a high rate.

They need to keep A-Rod. I don't care how bad he sucks in the post season, the Yankees are not even in the playoffs if they don't have A-Rod.

E20
10-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Sign Lebron.

lefty
10-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Sign Lebron.

:lol :lol

Horry For 3!
10-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Fuck the Yankees! They will always choke. Ever since they choked away a 3-0 lead to the Red Soxs which they went on to break the curse and won the World Series. They set a curse on the Yankees, which they won't ever win a World Series title for a long, long time.