PDA

View Full Version : Centers...Get one spurs!!!

duncan7721
10-06-2007, 05:00 AM
I think that the best thing that could possibly happen to the spurs is they get a guy like oden. They need a threat down low to take some attention of duncan. Give the guy a little rebounding help too. Get a guy like him a you can crown the spurs again! :king think about it, and the spurs problems, and what kinda guy could fix them. Bingo, oden, it would be the best if we could get a trade for him, but that would be almost impossible. The blazers want to keep him, therefore we should find a guy similar, i doubt we could find one as good as oden. The need a pure big guy. Duncan is a power forward, and he will produce more at that position. Get a big guy!!!!

Obstructed_View
10-06-2007, 05:07 AM
I think that the best thing that could possibly happen to the spurs is they get a guy like oden.
Maybe they could get Francsico Elson to volunteer for microfracture surgery. Then they could make money fall from the sky so they could afford to bring Tiago Splitter over a year early to remind you that the Spurs did actually draft a center in the first round.

duncan7721
10-06-2007, 06:11 AM
The only problem with tiago is that he is a pf. He does provide a good amount of help and i was surprised that he was drafted that late but we will have to get him to learn more center fundamentals.

SRJ
10-06-2007, 06:26 AM
Talent at a given position runs in cycles, and center has been in a down phase for some time now. Additionally, centers are always so coveted that even total stiffs will get several years in the league.

What I'm trying to say is that it's going to be difficult to acquire a center with any significant ability, and we could do worse than the two-headed monster we have right now. In fact, it's an upgrade over the previous two-headed monster the Spurs had at the position.

To borrow from Rick Pitino, David Robinson isn't walking through that door.

raspsa
10-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Wonder if Rasho's available?

SenorSpur
10-06-2007, 08:02 AM

If he's not, I'm sure Nazr Mohammed certainly is.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-06-2007, 08:04 AM
The only problem with tiago is that he is a pf.
Then rotate Duncan to center. Problem solved.

We born to be bad
10-06-2007, 09:06 AM
If he's not, I'm sure Nazr Mohammed certainly is.

Is Oberto still in the Spurs team? nobody respects or remembers him in San Antonio.
I think he played well with Tim last season.I like Tiago too. Though neither as Oden but Fabri fits ok in the team and Tiago is a strong player.

zepn
10-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Tiago is a PF/C, one of the reasons they went with him instead of The Argentine Who Must Not Be Named.

inspurated
10-06-2007, 09:34 AM
I think you should call R.C. or Pop and tell them! It's obvious that since they haven't won back to back championship they need better advise.

angel_luv
10-06-2007, 09:48 AM

Toronto won't let you have him.

We born to be bad
10-06-2007, 09:48 AM
:lol
Tiago is a PF/C, one of the reasons they went with him instead of The Argentine Who Must Not Be Named.

Oberto? oh, this is the reason for nobody respects him...Not? :devil oh, I gather that, is Sc... :sleep The argentine who must not be named is a pure PF like Boozer not a center as Tiago.

"the argentine who must not be named" is the basic rule in ST? :rolleyes why? Steve, Amare, Boris, could to be named? :lol

Kori Ellis
10-06-2007, 09:57 AM
"the argentine who must not be named" is the basic rule in ST? :rolleyes why? Steve, Amare, Boris, could to be named? :lol

:lol It was a joke. There are dozens of Scola threads started every week.

Kori Ellis
10-06-2007, 09:59 AM
I think that the best thing that could possibly happen to the spurs is they get a guy like oden. They need a threat down low to take some attention of duncan. Give the guy a little rebounding help too. Get a guy like him a you can crown the spurs again! :king think about it, and the spurs problems, and what kinda guy could fix them. Bingo, oden, it would be the best if we could get a trade for him, but that would be almost impossible. The blazers want to keep him, therefore we should find a guy similar, i doubt we could find one as good as oden. The need a pure big guy. Duncan is a power forward, and he will produce more at that position. Get a big guy!!!!

What's the point of starting a thread about a guy that Spurs can't get? At least make a suggestion of who you would like them to target who is available for trade. That's not Oden.

And if you want Tim to produce more, he can do that whatever position he plays. But he defers to Tony/Manu because he has that luxury.

Anyway, the Spurs don't need another big. They have Oberto/Elson right now and Mahinmi/Splitter waiting.

If anything, they need a young wing player, or an athlete PF/long SF.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2007, 12:05 PM
They need a threat down low to take some attention of duncan.We had one of the best centers in NBA history playing with Duncan and we parked him in the key on offense.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-06-2007, 12:09 PM
I wonder if we could get that James guy from Cleveland to be Bruce's replacement.

Mister Sinister
10-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Who, Lord Scoldamort?

ChumpDumper
10-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Wolkowyski.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-06-2007, 12:22 PM
IMO The Spurs need someone to make them better.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Toronto won't let you have him.
Thank God.

nfg3
10-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Like who? Not many out there available that fit our system IMO. I wish I could telaport back in time and bring back DRob at age 25 but that nots going to happen. Decent centers are few and our system doesn't necessary need an above average one. Just one to fill the role of defender/rebounder and be TD's help. LEt's see awhat Tiagoand Ian bring in the next year or two.

I agree with Kori - we need wings and SFs more.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty happy with out big man situation right now, though we could always use more rebounding and shot blocking. We're operating under the hope that Ian can fulfill his potential and Elson and Bonner can catch a second season clue, but neither is out of the realm of possibility.

SenorSpur
10-06-2007, 03:09 PM
What's the point of starting a thread about a guy that Spurs can't get? At least make a suggestion of who you would like them to target who is available for trade. That's not Oden.

And if you want Tim to produce more, he can do that whatever position he plays. But he defers to Tony/Manu because he has that luxury.

Anyway, the Spurs don't need another big. They have Oberto/Elson right now and Mahinmi/Splitter waiting.

Ah! The infamous Derrick McKey type player,

Speaking of which, does anyone think that the Spurs will target one of so-called unrestricted FA swingmen next offseason (i.e. Pietrus, Maggette)? I'm not sure what other possible swingmen would be available.

Walter Craparita
10-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Bring in some raw talent. Having nba noobs grow up with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili in pressure situations = continued dynasty.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2007, 03:31 PM
The hell is going on with Viktor? If he's just sitting on his ass in Georgia, bring him over and let's try to force the league's hand to get him on the Toros. If for some reason they are dicks about it, have him sign with the CBA team in the valley to rub it in their faces.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2007, 03:35 PM
We had one of the best centers in NBA history playing with Duncan and we parked him in the key on offense.
I still haven't seen anyone explain to me how having two guys in the low post is going to be practical, let alone result in a winning team. The last time I saw it was the olympic team where Boozer kept fronting Tim Duncan while they were on the floor together.

Oink Oink
10-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I wonder if we could get that James guy from Cleveland to be Bruce's replacement.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6489/ljspurah1.jpg

duncan7721
10-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Duncan plays better at power forward. I'm not saying that we need oden, just someone who can score 10 points a game and a few rebounds. A sf would help, i agree, but not as much as a pure center.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Duncan plays better at power forward. I'm not saying that we need oden, just someone who can score 10 points a game and a few rebounds. A sf would help, i agree, but not as much as a pure center.
Duncan plays both. It's just a matter of whether or not you prefer the term center or power forward, but whatever you designate him as he does the same thing every night.

duncan7721
10-07-2007, 12:58 AM
He can play both, but he's better at power forward by a bit. Every bit counts....

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-07-2007, 01:00 AM
He can play both, but he's better at power forward by a bit. Every bit counts....
Try reading what I said.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-07-2007, 01:15 AM

Rack it.

Silly thread. We don't need another post player at all.

Trainwreck2100
10-07-2007, 01:27 AM

Impossible...................I refuse to have Yankees fans on our team.

toosmallshoes
10-07-2007, 02:13 AM
I think that the best thing that could possibly happen to the spurs is they get a guy like oden.
Yea. I agree. Getting an amazingly talented franchise player would definitely be the best possible thing that could happen to the Spurs. In fact, It's happened three times now.

clubalien
10-07-2007, 03:36 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/6489/ljspurah1.jpg
According to SNL this guy swept the spurs in the NBA Finals

clubalien
10-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Yea. I agree. Getting an amazingly talented franchise player would definitely be the best possible thing that could happen to the Spurs. In fact, It's happened three times now.
I am guessing
iceman
david-admiral
tim duncan

but just for clafication who takes over after duncan, tony parker, ian,futedraft pick?

Dex
10-07-2007, 03:57 PM
If the Spurs could get a center that thinks like Oberto, defends like Rasho, runs like Elson, and dunks like Mohammad....that'd be perfect.

What is Dr. Frankenstein up to these days?

bdictjames
10-07-2007, 04:01 PM
What's wrong with Fab?

zepn
10-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Who, Lord Scoldamort?

:toast

wildchild
10-08-2007, 09:25 AM
What's wrong with Fab?

Nothing.
They underrate his ability (nice passer, good moves without the ball,tipping, drawing offensive fouls, IQ basketball, play in the right place in the right time).For some guys isn't enough, every day you could read down on Oberto post in the ST forum.
We'll see in this season. I expect they give him more confidence, he deserves that.

Reggie Miller
10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
What's wrong with Fab?

Nothing. The Spurs need a center who:

1. Understands how to play in the Spurs system (mostly defensive rotations);
2. Rebounds;
3. Able to score when Duncan is doubled;
4. Moves well without the ball; and
5. Doesn't turn the ball over.

Oberto is not the best rebounder in the world, but his "volleyball" style can be effective. In other words, he may not make too many spectacular plays, but he can make the routine plays consistently. He certainly doesn't hurt you, even though I still saw him rotate to the wrong man once or twice in the playoffs. (He wasn't the only Spur to do this, by the way.)

Oberto doesn't impress a lot of people becuase he defers to other players on scoring. (I imagine he was used to doing that on a team with Ginobili, Nocioni, and Scola.) His confidence is growing in this regard, and I expect him to show improvement again this season.

Fab is actually one of my favorite players on the team. It's pretty obvious that he is living his dream, and he would do anything to win.

mbass
10-08-2007, 02:06 PM

2. Rebounds;

Oberto is not the best rebounder in the world, but his "volleyball" style can be effective. In other words, he may not make too many spectacular plays, but he can make the routine plays consistently. He certainly doesn't hurt you, even though I still saw him rotate to the wrong man once or twice in the playoffs. (He wasn't the only Spur to do this, by the way.)

Oberto doesn't impress a lot of people becuase he defers to other players on scoring. (I imagine he was used to doing that on a team with Ginobili, Nocioni, and Scola.) His confidence is growing in this regard, and I expect him to show improvement again this season.

Fab is actually one of my favorite players on the team. It's pretty obvious that he is living his dream, and he would do anything to win.

Fab is my second favorite player but it's Duncan by a mile. I think that Fab is tough minded and works hard all the time - and Duncan appears to enjoy playing next to him.

LilMissSPURfect
10-08-2007, 03:16 PM
i didn't notice the need for a CENTER...I was blinded by all da BLING!!!!!

daAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNG!

duncan7721
10-09-2007, 05:51 AM

2. Rebounds;

That is exactly what i mean! exactly in every way. I appreciate Fab but he doesn't quite fill the rebounding shoes and scoring shoes. Pretty close, but not quite.

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2007, 07:16 AM
we shouldve tried and trade for reggie evans...or the mexican najera who can play multiple positions on the floor, good for small ball....

brendan haywood is still available

kwame brown is a FA i assume end of this season...

Extra Stout
10-09-2007, 08:09 AM
I love brilliant threads like this. I, too, have wondered why Pop & co. fail to bring in franchise players each offseason to buttress the team. The Spurs would be so much better if they did that!

Imagine this lineup:
PG: Parker, Nash
SG: Ginobili, Bryant
SF: Bowen, LBJ
PF: Duncan, Garnett
C: Yao, Oden

Are you telling me that team wouldn't go 82-0 and win the championship and be the most bestest team ever? I would collect all their basketball cards and have lots of posters in my room. It would be super awesome.

I don't know why Pop doesn't make this happen. I think I'll ask my mom.

ManuTastic
10-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Brilliant thread. Hey, let's get A-Rod too! Then we can win beat everyone in the NBA and MLB too!!

We born to be bad
10-09-2007, 09:01 AM
i didn't notice the need for a CENTER...I was blinded by all da BLING!!!!!

daAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNG!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oberto's silver grill is very ornate! BLING BLING! Not grill? He has only one silver tooth? :lol However, in the next playoffs Fabri'll tell blow it out your ass to the critics. are there too many critics here? :lol
If we could get Amare's back up with the Fabri's IQ... The last season we got...Pat Burke! Why? WHY? :bang
We won't need he scoring in the paint or running the floor (Amare so good in this job) we need a smart passer and hard D when Amare out. Oberto can do it, we couldn't care lees Mike thinks about ...Mike! we need defense and smart guy not only fast runner! :ihit

We born to be bad
10-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Brilliant thread. Hey, let's get A-Rod too! Then we can win beat everyone in the NBA and MLB too!!

You won't win this year in the NBA. This year the Suns'll rise and shine in the west. :smokin

mathbzh
10-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I love brilliant threads like this. I, too, have wondered why Pop & co. fail to bring in franchise players each offseason to buttress the team. The Spurs would be so much better if they did that!

Imagine this lineup:

Are you telling me that team wouldn't go 82-0 and win the championship and be the most bestest team ever? I would collect all their basketball cards and have lots of posters in my room. It would be super awesome.

The scrimmages would be great :lol

stéphane
10-09-2007, 09:20 AM

Imagine this lineup:

:lmao :nutkick:

E20
10-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Why don't we go up and dig up Wilt Chamberlain and have him play C. I'm sure he can still put up 30 and 15.

LilMissSPURfect
10-09-2007, 09:25 AM

Add Romo to the mix and then they'll call us a dynasty! :flag: :flag:

duncan7721
10-10-2007, 06:17 AM
We already are a dynasty...We have the most championships in this decade out of all professional sports.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
:lol N00b.

duncan7721
10-11-2007, 05:29 AM
Prove how we aren't a dynasty.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
He was being sarcastic n00b.

duncan7721
10-11-2007, 06:19 PM
oh...hard to read sarcasm.