PDA

View Full Version : Manu and Joey Crawford responsible for Dallas/Phoenix disappointment

SpursDynasty
10-06-2007, 04:26 PM
All we hear this summer is how Dirk and Amare want a championship oh so bad and how they wish they hadn't let their teams down. And how "oh, they'll be out to get revenge next season, that's for sure!". Yadda yadda yadda. "Dallas was "upset" by Golden State" or "If Amare hadn't left the bench the Suns would have a championship".

I've heard every excuse in the book for why these so-called elite teams should have been the champions.

Hopefully this will put an end to all that:

Manu and Joey Crawford are the ones responsible for the so-called "letdowns" of Dallas and Phoenix.

1. 99 times out of 100, a player of Dirk's scoring ability would not be fouled with under a full shot clock left and a 3-point lead held in a Game 7. Manu did it, thus opening the door for the NBA world to enter into a previously un-entered realm of "Dallas going for and being capable of winning the championship". I'm not stating this to say "Well if Manu didn't foul..." We've heard that 1,000 times. I'm just saying, Manu happened to make a 1/100 chance mistake here, erroneously opening a door that 99% of the time, wouldn't have been open...

That is why when Dallas loses a series that they shouldn't have been in to begin with (The NBA Finals), we shouldn't call it an "upset", rather we should call it "They should feel very fortunate to be there in the first place, win or lose". Same thing with this year. They did win 67, but compared to Phoenix and SA, the Western Conf. records are nearly identical between the three, while SA played careless vs. the East on many occasions and Dallas shut down 99% of its Eastern Conference reg. season opponents. In conclusion: Manu opened the door for the NBA world to use "Dallas" and "championship" in the same sentence. 99% of the rest of the time, that wouldn't have happened.

2. I'm sure my post is getting boring by now, but Joey Crawford is responsible for Phoenix's disappointment. Why? Because the Spurs were 25-3 heading into the game where Duncan got tossed while being on the bench. Dallas predictably ran away with that game, which the Spurs were winning until the 2nd half of the 4th quarter. Spurs lost, lost any chances of catching Phoenix, and tanked their last 2 games....If Duncan stayed, there's a 90% chance of SA winning that game, thus still being in the race for the #2 seed and a pretty good chance of winning the last two garbage games of the regular season vs. the Grizzlies and Nuggets. Conclusion: The Spurs would have had the same 61-21 record that Phoenix had if Crawford wasn't a dipshit by tossing Duncan. SA won the regular season series vs. Phoenix, and had a better Western Conf. record than Phoenix. But wait! Phoenix won 61, so they're the favorites, right?
So thank Joey Crawford for creating this false sense of Phoenix being a significantly better team than SA.

ChumpDumper
10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Timely.

monosylab1k
10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Looks like SpursDynasty is still hungover from last nights Josh Daniels Band gig after-party. I didn't realize you could get so crunk at a Buffalo Wild Wings.

Galileo
10-06-2007, 09:16 PM
All we hear this summer is how Dirk and Amare want a championship oh so bad and how they wish they hadn't let their teams down. And how "oh, they'll be out to get revenge next season, that's for sure!". Yadda yadda yadda. "Dallas was "upset" by Golden State" or "If Amare hadn't left the bench the Suns would have a championship".

I've heard every excuse in the book for why these so-called elite teams should have been the champions.

Manu and Joey Crawford are the ones responsible for the so-called "letdowns" of Dallas and Phoenix.

1. 99 times out of 100, a player of Dirk's scoring ability would not be fouled with under a full shot clock left and a 3-point lead held in a Game 7. Manu did it, thus opening the door for the NBA world to enter into a previously un-entered realm of "Dallas going for and being capable of winning the championship". I'm not stating this to say "Well if Manu didn't foul..." We've heard that 1,000 times. I'm just saying, Manu happened to make a 1/100 chance mistake here, erroneously opening a door that 99% of the time, wouldn't have been open...

That is why when Dallas loses a series that they shouldn't have been in to begin with (The NBA Finals), we shouldn't call it an "upset", rather we should call it "They should feel very fortunate to be there in the first place, win or lose". Same thing with this year. They did win 67, but compared to Phoenix and SA, the Western Conf. records are nearly identical between the three, while SA played careless vs. the East on many occasions and Dallas shut down 99% of its Eastern Conference reg. season opponents. In conclusion: Manu opened the door for the NBA world to use "Dallas" and "championship" in the same sentence. 99% of the rest of the time, that wouldn't have happened.

2. I'm sure my post is getting boring by now, but Joey Crawford is responsible for Phoenix's disappointment. Why? Because the Spurs were 25-3 heading into the game where Duncan got tossed while being on the bench. Dallas predictably ran away with that game, which the Spurs were winning until the 2nd half of the 4th quarter. Spurs lost, lost any chances of catching Phoenix, and tanked their last 2 games....If Duncan stayed, there's a 90% chance of SA winning that game, thus still being in the race for the #2 seed and a pretty good chance of winning the last two garbage games of the regular season vs. the Grizzlies and Nuggets. Conclusion: The Spurs would have had the same 61-21 record that Phoenix had if Crawford wasn't a dipshit by tossing Duncan. SA won the regular season series vs. Phoenix, and had a better Western Conf. record than Phoenix. But wait! Phoenix won 61, so they're the favorites, right?
So thank Joey Crawford for creating this false sense of Phoenix being a significantly better team than SA.

Good analysis.

The Spurs have also led the NBA in point differential 4 consecutive years. If you include the palyoffs, 5 consecutive years.

yourcheatinheart
10-06-2007, 09:24 PM

what a fucking bag of wind you are, not to mention a bag a douche :sleep

SenorSpur
10-07-2007, 12:54 AM

A good summation. That must have taken a lot of thought.

Manu's unnecessary foul on Dirk will live in as much infamy as the Derek Fisher .04 shot. Aside from preventing an almost certain repeat championship, it also, as you've stated, removed a mental roadblock that had existed for in the minds of Mavs players and coaches for so long when it came to competing against our Spurs. That play and the resulting loss ultimately was responsible for removing any doubt about the Mavs championship aspirations. The good thing is that their meltdown versus the Heat brought many of those same doubts back into the forefront.

Mister Sinister
10-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Looks like SpursDynasty is still hungover from last nights Josh Daniels Band gig after-party. I didn't realize you could get so crunk at a Buffalo Wild Wings.
He was just drinking the booze he's supposed to drink.

Findog
10-07-2007, 01:34 AM
A good summation. That must have taken a lot of thought.

Not really. Are you new around here?

Manu's unnecessary foul on Dirk will live in as much infamy as the Derek Fisher .04 shot. Aside from preventing an almost certain repeat championship, it also, as you've stated, removed a mental roadblock that had existed for in the minds of Mavs players and coaches for so long when it came to competing against our Spurs

Dallas won the next 5:17. The Spurs had the last possession of regulation and were outplayed in overtime. Dallas earned that win. Nothing more, nothing less.

SenorSpur
10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Not really. Are you new around here?

No. But you must be.

Dallas won the next 5:17. The Spurs had the last possession of regulation and were outplayed in overtime. Dallas earned that win. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course they earned the win. No one can dispute that. Dallas' play in the overtime not withstanding, without that unnecessarily stupid Manu foul, the game never goes into overtime.

The point is, the Spurs win that game and the series and the Mavs are still questioning whether they can overcome Mt. San Antonio. Read the quote in its entirety next time.

TMTTRIO
10-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Get over it. What's done is done and we can't change it. Don't you think Manu lives with that everyday and wishes he could go back and change it. Yes Manu made a stupid mistake that got Dallas over the top but we were already about to loose that game anyways the way we were playing that night.

Findog
10-07-2007, 12:54 PM
No. But you must be.

You do know that SpursDynasty is trolling, right?

Of course they earned the win. No one can dispute that. Dallas' play in the overtime not withstanding, without that unnecessarily stupid Manu foul, the game never goes into overtime.

The Spurs strategy was to let Dallas have an easy two and force them to foul. The game would've turned into a free-throw shooting contest over the last 20 seconds. There's no way you can say San Antonio would've surely won or Dallas would've surely lost. And if you wanna play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game, if Jason Terry keeps his hands off Mike Finley's junk, that series probably ends in six games.

SpursDynasty
10-07-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm not trolling.

I didn't post that to say "Well we would've won if blah blah blah"

I'm just offering an explanation for the whole spiel of Dallas and Phoenix's supposed "let downs". There are no let downs to begin with. Things just played out certain ways bc of Manu and Crawford.

I don't know where to draw the line in analyzing what if's and what if not's.

I do know that Phoenix and Dallas lost to teams they were supposed to lose to. :lol

SpursDynasty
10-07-2007, 01:18 PM
You do know that SpursDynasty is trolling, right?

The Spurs strategy was to let Dallas have an easy two and force them to foul. The game would've turned into a free-throw shooting contest over the last 20 seconds. There's no way you can say San Antonio would've surely won or Dallas would've surely lost. And if you wanna play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game, if Jason Terry keeps his hands off Mike Finley's junk, that series probably ends in six games.

One hit wonders don't decide a series. (Jason Terry)

Findog
10-07-2007, 01:28 PM
One hit wonders don't decide a series. (Jason Terry)

When will the Josh Daniels Band have a hit? You guys have to raise your game and start playing, you know, actual clubs instead of fast-food restaurants.

Shank
10-07-2007, 03:11 PM
We're closer to the beginning of the new season than we are to the end of the previous one. You'd think SD would get over it eventually.

bdictjames
10-07-2007, 03:59 PM
SD wrote this? That was almost an interesting read.

SpursDynasty
10-07-2007, 04:47 PM
When will the Josh Daniels Band have a hit? You guys have to raise your game and start playing, you know, actual clubs instead of fast-food restaurants.

Tell that to the guys in that band then.

cornbread
10-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Get over it.

ShoogarBear
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
High Larry Us.

resistanze
10-07-2007, 07:54 PM
SD is really making a serious push for that POTY award.

RonMexico
10-07-2007, 08:27 PM
SD is really making a serious push for that POTY award.

I'd put his chances on par with Oden's 07-08 ROY of the chances.