PDA

View Full Version : USF in the national championship?

BUMP
10-06-2007, 11:41 PM
i've been thinking how real of a possibility this could be. they will move up to #4 after USC and Wisconsin lose. Cal should stumble along the way. that will move them up to #3. LSU plays in the SEC and Ohio State isnt that good but they could run the table. USF in the national championship would be AMAZING. this team was completely off the map two years ago.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-07-2007, 01:18 AM
if USF has to play someone like OU, they will get the living shit beaten out of them. Nonetheless I hope I am kinda wrong because I have slowly become a quiet USF fan.

leemajors
10-07-2007, 01:26 AM
if boise state had to play someone like OU, they will get the living shit beaten out of them.

Trainwreck2100
10-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Boise St. didn't get a NT bid and they ran the table. I don't think USF will be any different

Borosai
10-07-2007, 04:08 AM
I'm rooting for USF, but obviously they would have to win every game, while other top schools may get in with one loss. It helps that Cincinnati is ranked (and undefeated), but Rutgers is falling quickly, so a win against them won't be as helpful. However, if they do run the table, they will have a number of quality wins, so who knows.

NoMoneyDown
10-07-2007, 08:11 AM
The Big East finally getting SOME respect?

Hook Dem
10-07-2007, 08:24 AM
So now, nobody is laughing too hard at Texas when they had such a hard time with them?????

Holmes_Fans
10-07-2007, 09:58 AM
So now, nobody is laughing too hard at Texas when they had such a hard time with them?????
That was UCF. USF needs Cincinatti and Rutgers to do good. The big east is crappier then ever now and their wins over crappy WVU and UL don't mean much.

Thunder Dan
10-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Ohio State vs LSU.

Ohio State gives up a touchdown a game. Their defense is very very good and could hang with anyone. Purdue, a top 10 offense, was held to 272 yards and scored a touchdown with under 10 seconds left in the game.

NoMoneyDown
10-07-2007, 01:27 PM
That was UCF. USF needs Cincinatti and Rutgers to do good. The big east is crappier then ever now and their wins over crappy WVU and UL don't mean much.

LMAO! Keep up the hate. The Big East hears it every year and every year they prove idiots like you wrong.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-07-2007, 01:39 PM
LMAO! Keep up the hate. The Big East hears it every year and every year they prove idiots like you wrong.

If Rutgers and their now two game losing streak is your idea of 'proving the haters wrong', forgive me and others if we're not convinced. :lol

Holmes_Fans
10-07-2007, 02:34 PM

Prove us idiots wrong how? By not even appearing in a BCS national championship game ever?