PDA

View Full Version : Across the Universe

Jimcs50
10-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Go see it!

You do not even have to be middle aged or a Beatles' fan to enjoy it. My son and his date loved it as well(16 yrs old). Pure emotion. From beginning to end the film takes you on a psychedelic beatle ride that grips you by the ears, the heart and the soul and never lets go, evwn hours after the projector was shut off and we left the theater. Every song adaptation interpretation and setting is exactly as it should have been. Fans of the Beatles will recognize that every detail in the directors images recall an instance, a photograph, a line or a quote from the band. Even the girl that comes in through the bathroom window. :lol Amazing. One of the best films of the year.

Bono was fantastic, and his rendition of I am the Walrus was Grammy worthy.

Jim Sturgess(plays Jude) and Evan Rachel Wood(plays Lucy) are sure fire stars in the making, both are young, great looking and very talented.

angel_luv
10-07-2007, 11:04 AM
I saw it last Saturday with my friend Jenni.

We both loved it-good thing as we had driven all the way to Austin to see it.

We stopped and bought the sound track before leaving Austin and had a sing-a-long all the way home.

Great film. The ending- loved it!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimcs50
10-08-2007, 08:16 AM
I saw it last Saturday with my friend Jenni.

We both loved it-good thing as we had driven all the way to Austin to see it.

We stopped and bought the sound track before leaving Austin and had a sing-a-long all the way home.

Great film. The ending- loved it!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you liked it too Angel.

BTW, for you Salma Hayek fans, you will like her scene where she is dressed as a very sexy nurse. Wowza. :hungry:

peewee's lovechild
10-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Evan Rachel Wood is already somewhat of an accomplished actor.

Have you seen the movie Thirteen?

tlongII
10-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Did Duff go with you?

Jimcs50
10-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Did Duff go with you?

yeah, and he "forgot" his wallet too.

:)

Jimcs50
10-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Evan Rachel Wood is already somewhat of an accomplished actor.

Have you seen the movie Thirteen?

No, but I saw Running with Scissors and she was good in that part as well.