10-07-2007, 05:01 PM
broncos gettin stomped

ducks
10-07-2007, 05:22 PM
rivers 8-8 in 3 quarter
this is charger football!

exstatic
10-07-2007, 05:25 PM
You've officially gotten your ass kicked when the network cuts away to a different "more competitive" game. :lmao

ducks
10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was enjoying a charger football game!

stretch
10-07-2007, 05:59 PM
lol, jay cutler

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-07-2007, 06:00 PM
:lol

dirk4mvp
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
lol, jay cutler

:lmao

Tippecanoe
10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
how does tomlinson not score a single touchdown. fuck.

Slinkyman
10-07-2007, 08:43 PM
rivers has looked awesome
lt has been lt

lt sets up everything nov!

lt sets up everything november? WTF? :lol

Fillmoe
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
jay cutler is a beast.... dont judge him by this game alone.... CUTLER >>>> SMITH, LEINART, VY

ducks
10-07-2007, 09:59 PM
lt sets up everything november? WTF? :lol
nov turner not november

Slinkyman
10-07-2007, 10:03 PM
nov turner not november

who the fuck is nov turner? that's classic. :lol

ducks
10-07-2007, 11:05 PM
the fucking coach

Erect as a Bull
10-08-2007, 04:28 AM
Ugh, This game fucking sucked. :lol
I sat through that 60 minutes of Hell but Damn.
Congrats Chargers. They were pissed at being 1-3 and they took it out on us them sons of bitches. :lol

Thank god for a fucking Bye week.
Damn.

Go Broncos.
Beat Pitt.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 08:33 AM
That sucked.

Hook Dem
10-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Bronco fans coming back down to earth! Gotta love it! :clap

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Bronco fans coming back down to earth! Gotta love it! :clap

Yeah, it hasn't been this bad since..........fuck, I don't remember when.

stretch
10-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Since Jay Cutler became the Broncos QB.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Since Jay Cutler became the Broncos QB.

See, now that's just ignorant.

Broncos had bad seasons while Elway, the greatest quarterback to ever play football was on the team as well.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Elway, the greatest quarterback to ever play football

there was this guy back in the day called Joe Montana, you oughta remember him since he kicked the dog shit out of Elway in the Super Bowl.

TheTruth
10-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Jay Cutler isn't even close to the problem. We have no one on defense that can stop a running back. Our special teams is terrible (and has been for years). Our WR corp is thin and can't hold on to the ball when they do catch it.

Shanny needs to realize he's not gonna win anything significant as is, and needs to blow things up on the defensive side of the ball. We have some potential with players like Moss, Doom, and Crowder. He needs to move DJ back to the outside and find a MLB that has actually played MLB before this season. The safeties are old and aren't that good (yeah you John Lynch), and we need to do something about that ASAP. Our defensive tackles aren't any good. Our CB's can only cover for so damn long.

This sucks. Good game chargers. Welcome back.

stretch
10-08-2007, 09:48 AM

there was this guy back in the day called Joe Montana, you oughta remember him since he kicked the dog shit out of Elway in the Super Bowl.
Can't fully agree with you on this one. Give Elway guys like Jerry Rice and John Taylor, and see what he does. Here is how I see it.

He led average teams to the Superbowl 3 times, and then when he finally got a consistent threat alongside him on offense (Terrell Davis), he won 2 straight.

He has won an MVP, 2 Super Bowls, a Super Bowl MVP, went to the pro bowl 9 times, has had numerous memorable clutch performances, and is a HOFer.

He has as complete of a career as anyone, and it is definitely arguable that he is the greatest QB of all time.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:02 AM
if you need one QB for one game, Elway doesn't even make my top 10

1. Montana
2. Brady
3. Favre
4. Staubach
5. Young
6. Marino
7. Manning
8. Namath
9. Unitas
10. Aikman

Elway didn't win shit until he was an old fart that simply had to be a caretaker. Besides dumping it off to Smith or McCaffrey, his most important task was not fucking up the handoff to Davis. When he was the most important player on the team, he was getting the piss beaten out of him come Super Bowl time.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:09 AM

1. Montana
2. Brady
3. Favre
4. Staubach
5. Young
6. Marino
7. Manning
8. Namath
9. Unitas
10. Aikman

Elway didn't win shit until he was an old fart that simply had to be a caretaker. Besides dumping it off to Smith or McCaffrey, his most important task was not fucking up the handoff to Davis. When he was the most important player on the team, he was getting the piss beaten out of him come Super Bowl time.

Since Elway has more career wins then anyone on your list other then Favre and you said earlier......

However, he had the most important part of any QB stat line - W

Then I'm calling your list nonsense and nominating you as just another Elway hater.

stretch
10-08-2007, 10:11 AM

1. Montana
2. Brady
3. Favre
4. Staubach
5. Young
6. Marino
7. Manning
8. Namath
9. Unitas
10. Aikman

It's not easy going up against teams like the 80's 49ers or those loaded Giants and Redskins teams when your best options are Vance Johnson and Kenny Winder. Come on now. We could make the same argument that all Joe Montana had to do was hand it off to Roger Craig or throw it up to Jerry Rice.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:12 AM
It's not easy going up against teams like the 80's 49ers or those loaded Giants and Redskins teams when your best options are Vance Johnson and Kenny Winder. Come on now. We could make the same argument that all Joe Montana had to do was hand it off to Roger Craig or throw it up to Jerry Rice.

I agree, but you could "would of, should of" this argument to death.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Then I'm calling your list nonsense and nominating you as just another Elway hater.
Elway led his team to zero SB wins (Terrell Davis did all the work) so the only guy that you could really dispute on that list is Marino. All those guys are bigger winners than Elway, not all of them played until they were 40.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Elway led his team to zero SB wins (Terrell Davis did all the work) so the only guy that you could really dispute on that list is Marino. All those guys are bigger winners than Elway, not all of them played until they were 40.

Ummmm, Elway didn't play until he was 40...........talking out your ass.

If Elway didn't lead his team to any SB wins, then you can now shut the fuck up about your Vince Young shit.

If all of those guys were bigger winners then Elway, then why does Elway have more wins then all but one of them?

Dude, the Montana argument is the only one you can put up there at this point and you're doing a piss poor job of it.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Ummmm, Elway didn't play until he was 40...........talking out your ass.

If Elway didn't lead his team to any SB wins, then you can now shut the fuck up about your Vince Young shit.

If all of those guys were bigger winners then Elway, then why does Elway have more wins then all but one of them?

Dude, the Montana argument is the only one you can put up there at this point and you're doing a piss poor job of it.

nobody even brought Vince Young up in this discussion until you did. why even mention him? the guy is in his second year and he's a winner. I fuckin guarantee you that he'll never get his ass beat 55-10 in a Super Bowl.

Like I said, not all those guys had the longevity of Elway, along with the luxury of being able to hand the ball off for 5 months and pick up a ring - they had to earn theirs.

fault them for not having as strong of bodies, but they're all better winners, with the exception of Marino, maybe.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
i'll just add that all those QB's are known for their Super Bowl heroics.....and Elway's greatest moments were comeback wins against the CLEVELAND BROWNS. enough said.

stretch
10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
nobody even brought Vince Young up until you did. why even mention him? they guy is in his second year and he's a winner. I fuckin guarantee you that he'll never get his ass beat 55-10 in a Super Bowl.

Like I said, not all those guys had the longevity of Elway, along with the luxury of being able to hand the ball off for 5 months and pick up a ring - they had to earn theirs.

fault them for not having as strong of bodies, but they're all better winners, with the exception of Marino, maybe.
Dude, he singlehandedly led teams to a superbowl. Without Elway, there is no way in hell they even get to those Superbowls. They probably would not have even made the playoffs. The guy is known for having great game-winning drives. He is a winner.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:29 AM
nobody even brought Vince Young up until you did. why even mention him? they guy is in his second year and he's a winner. I fuckin guarantee you that he'll never get his ass beat 55-10 in a Super Bowl.

fault them for not having as strong of bodies, but they're all bigger winners, with the exception of Marino, maybe.

:lol :lol

Dude, I brought up VY because you are constantly talking about all that matters is wins, but then when I point out that Elway is the second winningest QB of all time, suddenly it doesn't matter. I understand that arguments are only convenient when you make them, but come the fuck on, you can't have it both ways.

Also, there is something to be said about Elway's longevity as well, just because other QB's were injured right into retirement should say even more about the toughness of Elway who was sacked more then your mother.

Not to mention, the first year they won the super bowl with TD, Elway had a hell of a season throwing for 3600 yeards and a +17 TD to interception ratio.

Oh, and the "they had to earn theirs" thing, that was priceless by the way. Because none of those other quarterbacks had any other talent on their teams besides the QB themselves. Fuck, I remember Aikman throwing the ball deep, running down field, catching his own pass, blocking for himself, and scoring on the way to another super bowl.

You're an idiot.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Dude, he singlehandedly led teams to a superbowl. Without Elway, there is no way in hell they even get to those Superbowls. They probably would not have even made the playoffs. The guy is known for having great game-winning drives. He is a winner.
He could out-duel Bernie Kosar. That's impressive.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:34 AM
:lol :lol

Dude, I brought up VY because you are constantly talking about all that matters is wins, but then when I point out that Elway is the second winningest QB of all time, suddenly it doesn't matter. I understand that arguments are only convenient when you make them, but come the fuck on, you can't have it both ways.

Also, there is something to be said about Elway's longevity as well, just because other QB's were injured right into retirement should say even more about the toughness of Elway who was sacked more then your mother.

Not to mention, the first year they won the super bowl with TD, Elway had a hell of a season throwing for 3600 yeards and a +17 TD to interception ratio.

Oh, and the "they had to earn theirs" thing, that was priceless by the way. Because none of those other quarterbacks had any other talent on their teams besides the QB themselves. Fuck, I remember Aikman throwing the ball deep, running down field, catching his own pass, blocking for himself, and scoring on the way to another super bowl.

You're an idiot.

you can't judge a 15+ year veteran to a guy in his second season. and good for him for getting all those regular season wins. Too bad he racked up all those Super Bowl teabaggings as well.

john elway was a nice QB with a great arm but the bottom line is that he couldn't get the job done and had to wait until Terrell Davis bailed him out.

mardigan
10-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Elway was a great qb. I dont consider him the best ever, but I could see how someone else could. I'll take Manning or Brady right now over just about anyone ever.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:35 AM
you can't judge a 15+ year veteran to a guy in his second season. and good for him for getting all those regular season wins. Too bad he racked up all those Super Bowl teabaggings as well.

john elway was a nice QB with a great arm but the bottom line is that he couldn't get the job done and had to wait until Terrell Davis bailed him out.

Couldn't get the job done?????????????????????????

Alright dude, I've had the QB argument with many, many people. It never ends with anyone swaying the other.

I will say though, your argument was hands down the worst.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Elway was a great qb. I dont consider him the best ever, but I could see how someone else could. I'll take Manning or Brady right now over just about anyone ever.

I agree. I think when all is said and done, Manning and Brady will be the new argument over the best ever.

monosylab1k
Couldn't get the job done?????????????????????????
55-10

stretch
He could out-duel Bernie Kosar. That's impressive.
Again. The guy played in a tough era of football, with minimal talent. I would like to see how he could have done with guys like Michael Irvin, Jerry Rice, or a completely loaded defensive roster.

The fact is, he still won 2 superbowls, is second in all-time wins, has many high passing statistics, and did it all with minimal talent.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
55-10

One game.

Enough dude, you've proven that you have no argument.

stretch
10-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Not to mention a Super Bowl win over the great Brett Favre in his prime.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:39 AM
One game.
42-10
39-20

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
42-10
39-20

What about the other two?

Not bad to get to the Super Bowl for a 1/3 of your total career. 15 seasons, five super bowls, two super bowl wins.

Again, you can't just use statistics when they suit your argument, throw them all out there.

I did it in the VY thread and acknowledged that I lost the argument, you should do the same.

monosylab1k
Not to mention a Super Bowl win over the great Brett Favre in his prime.
Terrell Davis

stretch
42-10
39-20
Man, those teams were also just flat out better than the Broncos. No one can deny that the Broncos really did not belong in those Superbowls, but Elway found a way to get them there. No QB could have QBed the Broncos to victories over those loaded teams.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Terrell Davis

Weak argument.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:43 AM
What about the other two?

Not bad to get to the Super Bowl for a 1/3 of your total career. 15 seasons, five super bowls, two super bowl wins.

Again, you can't just use statistics when they suit your argument, throw them all out there.

I did it in the VY thread and acknowledged that I lost the argument, you should do the same.
The Broncos were a lost cause until TD came and breathed new life into them. Elway was just lucky to be there when it happened.

You can't say the same about Vince Young, even when he plays bad, it's his leadership that brought that team together.

johnsmith
10-08-2007, 10:43 AM
The Broncos were a lost cause until TD came and breathed new life into them. Elway was just lucky to be there when it happened.

You can't say the same about Vince Young, even when he plays bad, it's his leadership that brought that team together.

Jesus Christ you're a fucking retard.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Man, those teams were also just flat out better than the Broncos. No one can deny that the Broncos really did not belong in those Superbowls, but Elway found a way to get them there. No QB could have QBed the Broncos to victories over those loaded teams.
The Rams were flat out better than the Patriots. The Patriots still won.

The Rams were flat out better than the Titans, but at least they made a game of it.

No question I'll take Brady over Elway. I just might take McNair in his prime over Elway as well.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Jesus Christ you're a fucking retard.
too bad you can't argue my point.

stretch
10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
The Rams were flat out better than the Patriots. The Patriots still won.

The Rams were flat out better than the Titans, but at least they made a game of it.

No question I'll take Brady over Elway. I just might take McNair in his prime over Elway as well.
The Rams also had no defense. If they had an elite defense, they probably would have become the greatest team in NFL history.

Also, Brady didn't have to worry about Lawrence Taylor or Charles Haley being in his face every play, did he?

stretch
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
oh, and as for your argument that he wasn't known for being a clutch performer, that it was only the Browns comeback... Elway holds the record for most 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives with 47.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 10:58 AM
oh, and as for your argument that he wasn't known for being a clutch performer, that it was only the Browns comeback... Elway holds the record for most 4th quarter comebacks/game winning drives with 47.
game set match.

Have the broncos ever lost that badly at home to the bolts?

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 11:03 AM
great for him. he still couldn't win a Super Bowl.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-08-2007, 11:07 AM
I would just like to interject in this thread to say I'm glad Truth didn't harm himself after yesterday's game.

stretch
10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
great for him. he still couldn't win a Super Bowl.
nope. he won 2.

stretch
10-08-2007, 11:09 AM
game set match.

Have the broncos ever lost that badly at home to the bolts?
Not until Jay Cutler became their QB.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 01:20 PM
nope. he won 2.
http://www.thesportstruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/terrell-davis.jpg

stretch
10-08-2007, 01:54 PM
http://www.thesportstruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/terrell-davis.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/3.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/5.jpg

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-08-2007, 02:59 PM
If all that matters is Ws, you know the most important stat for QBs as I've been told, where is Otto Graham in these lists?

leemajors
10-08-2007, 03:25 PM
The Rams also had no defense. If they had an elite defense, they probably would have become the greatest team in NFL history.

Also, Brady didn't have to worry about Lawrence Taylor or Charles Haley being in his face every play, did he?
the rams d was fairly solid with lovie as coordinator. not elite, but they were good.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 03:32 PM
If all that matters is Ws, you know the most important stat for QBs as I've been told, where is Otto Graham in these lists?
playing without a face mask.

stretch
10-08-2007, 03:35 PM
the rams d was fairly solid with lovie as coordinator. not elite, but they were good.
IMO, they had an inflated statistical defense, due to their offense putting up so many points, thus opposing teams were forced to score as quickly as possible, often leading to forced passes and mistakes, much like the Colts D did the other year, when they were ranked in the top 5 in most all categories, although everyone knows that their defense truly was not that good, and it was exploited by Pittsburgh who was able to contain their offense, and werent forced to score quickly themselves. Or an easier example... the Suns defense, which everyone knows sucks, but statistically it looked good, but it was because they were scoring so efficiently, that opposing teams were forced to play their style, but were not capable of doing so, which is why teams like the Spurs always beat them, because they know how to contain their offense.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 04:27 PM
<<<<<<<<<<<< Proud fan of the team to give the Broncos their worst beatdown at home since the merger.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-08-2007, 04:47 PM
"Get the President because we are killing the Patriots" That was a Classic Sharpe Line. As for the hating on Elway, its pretty sad. Yes TD was the man in that superbowl but dont like Elway didnt play a HUGE role in that win. Plays that son of a bitch made in that game were HUGE. Remember when he flipped over after he dived to convert that 3rd down? What about the critical 3rd down and 6 pass to Shannon Sharpe in the afc title game to end the Steelers season? Or the dominating final game Elway ended his career on against the Falcons? ALL great players have had other GREAT players on their roster. Brady had an elite Defense and Vinaterri to help him win 3 of those superbowls. Without Vinaterri or that sick of a D, Brady hasnt won shit. Should he not be called a great qb because of that? It is weak to hate on Elways and claim how he is NOT one of the greatest qb's of all time.

All in all it takes a team to win. If you just have 1 star player and nothing but scrubs, you arent going to win. You need talent around you to do so.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 05:12 PM
What the fuck? Mono just deleted a retarded post.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 05:14 PM
It was something like this:

Elway was as responsible for the Broncos Superbowls as Roethlisberger was for the Steelers.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 05:16 PM
there's no point in furthering this.

I was never impressed with Elway and never will be. Riding Terrell Davis to two Super Bowls does nothing to change my opinion of him.

If everybody wants to talk about a few comeback victories against the fucking Cleveland Browns then have fun. He deserves credit for leading a comeback victory against the Browns. Woo fucking hoo. He's also the guy that got bukkaked by every NFC team he faced.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 05:16 PM
It was something like this:

Elway was as responsible for the Broncos Superbowls as Roethlisberger was for the Steelers.
:lmao Norv Turner

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Elway was as responsible for the Broncos Superbowls as Roethlisberger was for the Steelers.What made you delete it? Did you realize how stupid it sounded?

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 05:22 PM
What made you delete it? Did you realize how stupid it sounded?

Nothing stupid about it at all. It's a fact. He rode TD to two Super Bowl victories. He didn't play well in either Super Bowl, and they threw him a mercy MVP so that people would forget his complete failure in SUper Bowls past.

I just don't want every Elway apologist down my throat telling me that 55-10 wasn't his fault.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 05:22 PM
You have not answered the question. Why did you delete your post?

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 05:23 PM
You have not answered the question. Why did you delete your post?
I already answered it you stupid fuck, go back and fucking read.

38-14 cockbag.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I just don't want every Elway apologist down my throat telling me that 55-10 wasn't his fault.Was that the game where Elway also played Safety, Linebacker, Corner, and Defensive End?

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I already answered it you stupid fuck, go back and fucking read.

You keep editing your posts after I've responded, how in the hell am I to respond. Think before you post and we won't have these problems.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Was that the game where Elway also played Safety, Linebacker, Corner, and Defensive End?
no, that's the game where he threw 10-26 with two INT's and posted a Hall of Fame worthy 19.4 QB rating.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 05:27 PM
You keep editing your posts after I've responded, how in the hell am I to respond. Think before you post and we won't have these problems.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1994308&postcount=70

posted almost 10 minutes ago. try reading.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 05:27 PM
no, that's the game where he threw 10-26 with two INT's and posted a Hall of Fame worthy 19.4 QB rating.I was under the impression that the Elway defense gave up 55 points.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I was under the impression that the Elway defense gave up 55 points.
I was under the impression that poor play from the offense, especially when the greatest QB to ever live plays at a Kerry Collins/Rex Grossman level, would make things more difficult for the defense.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Nothing stupid about it at all. It's a fact. He rode TD to two Super Bowl victories. He didn't play well in either Super Bowl, and they threw him a mercy MVP so that people would forget his complete failure in SUper Bowls past.

I just don't want every Elway apologist down my throat telling me that 55-10 wasn't his fault.This was the post I questioned, and it was not posted ten minutes ago.

Whatever dude, just keep posting your ":lmao"'s and your ":lol"'s. It's a great comeback.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 05:30 PM
This was the post I questioned, and it was not posted ten minutes ago.

and I answered your question before that post, 10 minutes ago.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 05:32 PM
How did you answer........................"why did you delete your post?"

I opened the page, saw your comparison of Elway/Roethlisberger, and the next thing I know it was gone. I was just curious as to why you deleted it.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 05:33 PM
How did you answer........................"why did you delete your post?"

I opened the page, saw your comparison of Elway/Roethlisberger, and the next thing I know it was gone. I was just curious as to why you deleted it.
Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, what part of "there's no point in furthering this" doesn't answer why I would delete a post that furthers it?

mardigan
10-08-2007, 05:56 PM

I just don't want every Elway apologist down my throat telling me that 55-10 wasn't his fault.
He threw for almost 350 yards and scored 2 tds in their second Super Bowl victory. What else did you need him to do? No one says Peyton Manning sucks because his defense and runningbacks decided to play better in last years playoffs.

Fabbs
10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Sanity Annex,
This game in no way shape or form changed my views about Norv one bit.
1st half 20-3 lead very misleading. He still had an extremely inordinate amount of obvious run formations resulting in LT getting stuffed (22 for 63 on the day). Also a reciever outside of Gates and LT did not catch a pass in the 1st half. The kickoff forced fumble was huge, and Denvers pathetic defense allowing the final field goal was a joke.

Very happy with the win, don't get me wrong. But as of today Indy or Belicheat would still hand Norv his ass on a platter.

p.s. are you ever forced to listen to John SchlezRedNeck on lameassed 1090?
He and a couple of his clones were calling for Rivers to be benched after KC.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Sanity Annex,
This game in no way shape or form changed my views about Norv one bit.
1st half 20-3 lead very misleading. He still had an extremely inordinate amount of obvious run formations resulting in LT getting stuffed (22 for 63 on the day). Also a reciever outside of Gates and LT did not catch a pass in the 1st half. The kickoff forced fumble was huge, and Denvers pathetic defense allowing the final field goal was a joke.

Very happy with the win, don't get me wrong. But as of today Indy or Belicheat would still hand Norv his ass on a platter.

p.s. are you ever forced to listen to John SchlezRedNeck on lameassed 1090?
He and a couple of his clones were calling for Rivers to be benched after KC.

Norv definitely didn't win this one for them, but...........it did seem like they played as a "team" today and I heard many of them mention how much more focused they were coming into the game. I think a lot of them are still butthurt about Marty leaving, especially LT. It will take time for them to fully trust Norv, as it should.

I found it strange that no one outside of Gates or LT caught a pass and it kind of bugged me, but then I realized what the score was and didn't really give a shit. I'm happy to see Gates getting as many touches as he's been getting because last year I felt he wasn't utilized enough. I really like how Norv lines him up all over the field and exploits the mismatches. It will be nice when Parker comes back because he's a great route runner and possession receiver.

The defense played well, but I still think Merriman and Phillips are being sent into coverage way too much. That could be to cover up for the loss of Donnie Edwards pass coverage. I'd like to see Merriman and Phillips blitzing a lot more and putting pressure on the QB so our secondary can at least appear to be decent.

And no, I've never heard the redneck john you speak of.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Tom Nalen out for season.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Tom Nalen out for season.Karma http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/Shit/whoo.gif

Fabbs
10-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Norv definitely didn't win this one for them, but...........it did seem like they played as a "team" today and I heard many of them mention how much more focused they were coming into the game. I think a lot of them are still butthurt about Marty leaving, especially LT. It will take time for them to fully trust Norv, as it should.
I think LT is more into his own stats then he is a Bowl. Sorry, not a popular take in San Diego i know but that's what i sense. I hope Michael Turner continues to largely outgain him to further see if this is so.

Agree with you on Phillips and Merriman. However the other Lbs can't cover worth squat, it was only dropped passes by Donkey. It was nice to see overpaid Jammer finally put a hit on someone, even if the refs did burn him out of a force fumble.

TheSanityAnnex
10-09-2007, 12:45 AM
I think LT is more into his own stats then he is a Bowl. IMO, I don't think you could be further from the truth. This guy is no TO. All this guy wants is a ring.

A guy that is into his own stats as much as you seem to think does not call his entire Oline over first thing to celebrate last years touchdown milestone. No one that has coached or played with him has ever mentioned anything remotely close to what your claiming. But hey, to each his own.

TheSanityAnnex
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Agree with you on Phillips and Merriman. However the other Lbs can't cover worth squat, it was only dropped passes by Donkey. Agreed. I'll give them time though, both are starting full time for the first year. Wilhelm has also been injured.