PDA

View Full Version : Williams or Mahinmi

picnroll
10-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Williams or Mahinmi, who will be more impressive in pre-season?

T Park
10-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Mahinmi, cause people looooooove dunks.

timvp
10-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Williams or Mahinmi, who will be more impressive in pre-season?Williams was horrible in summer league. Against real NBA competition, he could be scary bad. Williams probably should aim at being more impressive than the likes of Langford, Nwaelele and Fat Lever's kid.

objective
10-08-2007, 03:27 PM
who is in position to play more minutes?

Mahinmi at the PF/C when Duncan/Horry probably won't play much?

or Williams at the G/F behind when Ginobili/Bowen might not play much, and Udoka will probably get a good deal of time?

Darkwaters
10-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I think the better question is "between Williams and Mahinmi, who will average more points in preseason?"

Since neither players can shoot, it could be interesting.

picnroll
10-08-2007, 04:00 PM
I think the better question is "between Williams and Mahinmi, who will average more points in preseason?"

Since neither players can shoot, it could be interesting.
More interesting to me is defense since that is where both are supposed to be further along on the learning curve. I'm expecting both to suck offensively, and will be pleasently surprised if they don't, but if either sucks defensively, though they don't know the system, that would not be a real good sign.

ChumpDumper
10-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm expecting both to suck in every aspect of the game. Then maybe they'll get better later.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Mahinmi.

AFBlue
10-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Williams....

At least this kid played for a major college program and succeeded against major college competition.

I sincerely doubt he'll be overwhelmed by the stage. I expect he'll have less of a learning curve to being a better all-around player.

raspsa
10-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Guys like Williams and Mahinmi should count themselves fortunate to have signed contracts. By all indications, they are athletic with modest offensive skills. They would do well to take a lesson from Bruce Bowen. Not the most athletic player with a limited offensive game, he smartly focused on being the best defensive player possible, understanding that this would make him a more marketable commodity. The real question is if Mahinmi and Williams have the right attitude and patience to reinvent themselves into what the team needs and only time will tell. The answer to success in the NBA is right before their eyes in the form of Bowen and hopefully they learn from his carreer.

I was always doubtful that a high-flying dunker like James White would stick with the Spurs. Guys like him have grown up with this image of themselves as flashy scorers and these are a dime a dozen.. couldn't make the transistion to a defense-oriented player. A pity because he had all the physical tools and more. That's why I'm so encouraged by Bruce's positive statements on Udoka calling him a warrior. Ime realizes he's a defensive player first and any scoring he brings is a bonus.

urunobili
10-09-2007, 01:49 AM
Williams was horrible in summer league. Against real NBA competition, he could be scary bad. Williams probably should aim at being more impressive than the likes of Langford, Nwaelele and Fat Lever's kid.

RC Said he has been working on his game a lot and that they were pleased with the fast improvement... we'll c if you or RC were right...