PDA

View Full Version : Attn ATT Uverse users- Your help please

angel_luv
10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
My land lady signed us up for their cable and Internet which I was super excited about until I came home and saw that I have no sports channels.

We need a package for those and she hasn't ordered it yet.

So tell me, especially you locals, what package could I get by with as a Sports lover.

I need my Espn and FSN at least. I nearly cried when I came home and did not have them anymore.

Any of you have package 400? How much better is that than package 200?
What is the price difference?

Do you actually get all the channels listed under package 400 or do some of those depend on where you live?

The brochure is confusing and my land lady, not being a sports fan ( Horror I know) did not think to ask about the sports package.

Thanks in advance for the help.

angel_luv
10-08-2007, 06:39 PM
We are leaning towards bundle 200.

Thoughts?

Oh my room mates are making fun of me.

One even said, " No Sports channels, that's no big deal."

Who are these people! :shudder

Viva Las Espuelas
10-08-2007, 07:31 PM
i have the 400 and i'm quite content. i don't know what the price difference is compared to the 200 package. with the fastest internet they offer, and hd receiver i'm paying about $120 a month. it's about the same i paid with time warner, but way more channels. way better picture and more shows to record.

angel_luv
10-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Do you have any black out issues with the espn and fsn southwest?

My land lady and I don't have a ton of money so I doubt I will be getting the 400 pack.
I'll be happy to just have my normal sports channels back.

Thank God we did this before the basketball season started!

Viva Las Espuelas
10-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Do you have any black out issues with the espn and fsn southwest?

My land lady and I don't have a ton of money so I doubt I will be getting the 400 pack.
I'll be happy to just have my normal sports channels back.

Thank God we did this before the basketball season started!i haven't experienced any black outs yet, but i don't know what sport you are talking about. plus i'm in dallas. we may have different blackout issues, if any.

angel_luv
10-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Ah! Hopefully all my channels will work. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the info.

PakiDan
10-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I have the 200 - I have all of the Sports Channels - ESPN, FOX Regional, ESPN News, Classic, HSN, Etc. I have never had a blackout issue.

angel_luv
10-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I have the 200 - I have all of the Sports Channels - ESPN, FOX Regional, ESPN News, Classic, HSN, Etc. I have never had a blackout issue.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy now!

Thanks Paki. :)

SAtoDallas
10-10-2007, 01:06 PM
i haven't experienced any black outs yet, but i don't know what sport you are talking about. plus i'm in dallas. we may have different blackout issues, if any.

Hey Viva I'm in Dallas too and have UVerse how are you going to watch Spurs games since they don't offer NBA League Pass? I'm just wondering cause I might have to go back to DirecTV if I can't get any Spurs games up here.

inconvertible
10-10-2007, 01:26 PM
100% better

inconvertible
2 times better

inconvertible
200 channels better

Viva Las Espuelas
10-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey Viva I'm in Dallas too and have UVerse how are you going to watch Spurs games since they don't offer NBA League Pass? I'm just wondering cause I might have to go back to DirecTV if I can't get any Spurs games up here.I pretty much am at the mercy of the national broadcast. if you get the U400 package you get all of the fox sports station and could probably catch most of the games there. i just laugh during the mavs games in the mean time.

SAtoDallas
10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
^^^ I have the U400 I just hope the games aren't blacked out. Sorry I can't watch the Mavs unless they play the Spurs,they just don't interest me.

angel_luv
10-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I have sports channels!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been so happy to see football games in my entire life! :lol

Whisky Dog
10-11-2007, 05:04 PM
No league pass? I can't go without league pass for as long as the Spurs are winning titles.

angel_luv
10-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Oh my gosh- all these channels.

I have ESPN, ESPN Classic, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN 2, FSN Southwest, NFL network, Golf Channel, Speed channel,

I have two versions of TNT, TBS, FX, Cartoon Network

I have USA. I have BRAVO, MTV, Lifetime, plus a ton of music stations.

And all this in addition the the local big network stations.

I need to take a week off and just watch t.v.

Fantabulous! :elephant :elephant

:lol

ORION
10-11-2007, 05:21 PM
don't move to New Braunfels because we are still in the stone age. We ain't gots no ATT like you city folk with your fibriptic cables and what not

xrayzebra
10-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh my gosh- all these channels.

I have ESPN, ESPN Classic, ESPNews, ESPNU, ESPN 2, FSN Southwest, NFL network, Golf Channel, Speed channel,

I have two versions of TNT, TBS, FX, Cartoon Network

I have USA. I have BRAVO, MTV, Lifetime, plus a ton of music stations.

And all this in addition the the local big network stations.

I need to take a week off and just watch t.v.

Fantabulous! :elephant :elephant

:lol

I have the U300. The only one, other than the PPV, which
I wont pay for, is CSTV.

You are going to love UVerse, great picture and great
support from ATT, I mean that sincerely. If they
can solve it at Tech Support, you will have a tech on
site in no time flat. And none of the old TW crap, it's
your TV, they find out what the problem is and fix it.
No this is not a paid commercial. I just like it very much.

angel_luv
10-11-2007, 09:27 PM
The picture is great, and the rep we had help us with getting the 200 package was very helpful- stayed on the phone with us until we were sure all the televisions worked properly.

So far, so good.

Sorry Manu. I am NOT a time warner customer.

Bug
11-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Bad news about U-verse and local games. They have major blackout problems. FSN, ESPN and others. Here in Houston I could not watch the Yao vs. Yi matchup because of so called contractual agreements between ATT and FSN. :madrun

angel_luv
11-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Bad news about U-verse and local games. They have major blackout problems. FSN, ESPN and others. Here in Houston I could not watch the Yao vs. Yi matchup because of so called contractual agreements between ATT and FSN. :madrun

Was the game not on a local Houston television station as well?

S_A_Longhorn
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
ANGEL LUV - Are you in San Antonio? Like you, I'm no fan of Time Warner, and I don't want the hassle of satellite, so I'm wiating impatiently for U-Verse to come to my side of town. I live in the Sea World area.

S_A_Longhorn
11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Nevermind, U-Verse is in my area now! Hopefully I won't have the install problems that SPURFECT had. Got the NFL Network for Thanksgiving along with U200 and HBO. Got free HD programming for a year, and other incentives. Call the main number for info 1800-288-2020.

F.U. Time Warner!