PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo is the son of dog...

exstatic
10-08-2007, 10:25 PM
:madrun

Viva Las Espuelas
10-08-2007, 10:59 PM
:madrunhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gif

Steve Irwin
10-08-2007, 10:59 PM
you are an idiot now

exstatic
10-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Romo played like ass and got bailed out by a kicker who scored more points than Romo had INTs...barely.

K-State Spur
10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
WTF defense was that by Buffalo on the second to last play? Their DC should be fired on the spot. He completely gave the Cowboys exactly what they wanted.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
That would be the prevent defense.

They only rushed 3.

NBA Junkie
10-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Romo showed everyone what a mentally tough QB he really is!

BushDynasty
10-08-2007, 11:02 PM
WTF defense was that by Buffalo on the second to last play? Their DC should be fired on the spot. He completely gave the Cowboys exactly what they wanted.

Exactly. All they had to do was deny the sideline and let Romo throw it as far downfield as he wanted. The Buffalo Boobs strike again.

exstatic
10-08-2007, 11:05 PM

They only rushed 3.
You can rush 3, and still cover the fucking sideline. Thanks, Buffalo.

popshark86
10-08-2007, 11:07 PM
harrington >>>>>>>>>>>>> romo

so u homos still believe he is still the next farve, even tough he can't complete a 20 yard pass

T Park
10-08-2007, 11:11 PM
When has Joey Harrington done the things hes done?

homos?

So now we have derogetory homophobic crap to fall back on because your jealous of another team's QB?

Lovely.

stretch
10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Major props to Tony Romo for keeping his head up, and leading a game winning drive, despite throwing 5 picks. The guy is a winner, and has now proven he is mentally tougher than many thought he was, and is a clutch playmaker.

Phenomanul
10-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Clifford!!!!!

popshark86
10-08-2007, 11:13 PM
I knew this guy's luck was gonna run out sooner or later. All that two stepping he did against my team and gotta away with it. Then that play with the snap over his head and he runs back 30yds, I knew it was gonna run out sooner or later and the bad plays would come....sure enough they did.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Leading a game winning drive?

He threw two passes for 12 yards.

Props go to the D for not buckling under Romo's 4 TOs not turned into points and to Folk for nailing the game winner twice.

They won in spite of Romo, not because of him.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Romo put his team in position to win the game when it mattered most. He got alot of help from Sam Hurd and Folk, but he still did his job at the most crucial moment. Romo is greatness, but it looks like when it rains it pours for him.

btw is T.O. a full blown choker at this point? He's been shit in every clutch situation the past 2 years.

O-Factor
10-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Wow, on our worst day offensively, as much help as we gave the Bills, we as a team are still better than the Bills!

popshark86
10-08-2007, 11:18 PM

Props go to the D for not buckling under Romo's 4 TOs not turned into points and to Folk for nailing the game winner twice.

lol

the bills defensive coordinator should get fired for letting romo complete two passes for 12

we all know he can't throw deep

bad play calling

popshark86
10-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Wow, on our worst day offensively, as much help as we gave the Bills, we as a team are still better than the Bills!

barely
:p:

pats 42
cowboys 7

Walter Craparita
10-08-2007, 11:22 PM
barely
:p:

pats 42
cowboys 7

no shit.

exstatic
10-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Romo put his team in position to win the game when it mattered most. He got alot of help from Sam Hurd and Folk, but he still did his job at the most crucial moment. Romo is greatness, but it looks like when it rains it pours for him.

btw is T.O. a full blown choker at this point? He's been shit in every clutch situation the past 2 years.
I'm not thrilled about it, but TO needs touches early to get into the game. Even with the shitty game he had, if that 2 point conv had been thrown 12-18 inches higher, I think he snags it and brings it in before the DB can try for the strip.

Oh, and the spike penalty on him was bullshit.

K-State Spur
10-08-2007, 11:23 PM

They only rushed 3.

they could have rushed 0. prevent defense is the right call there. but you don't give them the sideline 10 yards downfield. you gotta play the sideline and funnel everything towards the middle of the field. it was obvious that dallas was not playing for the hail marry, so there was no reason to back off THAT far and give them the 10 yard out on the outside.

unbelievable that a person with a working brain could call the defensive set in that situation.

scott
10-08-2007, 11:24 PM
I knew this guy's luck was gonna run out sooner or later. All that two stepping he did against my team and gotta away with it. Then that play with the snap over his head and he runs back 30yds, I knew it was gonna run out sooner or later and the bad plays would come....sure enough they did.

Yep... you nailed it... his luck finally ran out and the Cowboys lost because of him... oh, wait.

2centsworth
10-08-2007, 11:24 PM
all players have bad games no matter how good your are. Tom Brady has had his fair share of 4 int ball games.

Dallas the "TEAM" showed me a lot. BTW, Nick Folk might be the best kicker since Vinaterri.

stretch
10-08-2007, 11:26 PM

One ball was pretty underthrown, although he should have had that. But I was very pissed at the interference that they got away with on the 2pt conversion. I know they arent supposed to call that, but he wasnt even going for the ball whatsoever. he wasnt even looking at it. he just straight up mugged T.O.

monosylab1k
Sam Hurd is easily my favorite Cowboy. He's an awesome guy from what I've heard in interviews, and he plays balls out all the time.

stretch
Dallas 5-0

Dolphins 0-5

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 11:27 PM
One ball was pretty underthrown, although he should have had that. But I was very pissed at the interference that they got away with on the 2pt conversion. I know they arent supposed to call that, but he wasnt even going for the ball whatsoever. he wasnt even looking at it. he just straight up mugged T.O.
Yeah I was screaming "PASS INTERFERENCE" as soon as I saw it. I knew they weren't going to call it, but it was BLATANT.

monosylab1k
10-08-2007, 11:28 PM
but TO still shoulda come up with the ball. I also don't think it was too badly underthrown, it looked to me like TO mistimed his jump.

exstatic
10-08-2007, 11:31 PM
but TO still shoulda come up with the ball. I also don't think it was too badly underthrown, it looked to me like TO mistimed his jump.
No, he got up. Romo just hit him in the numbers/facemask area. You've GOT to put the ball where only your guy can touch it with arms extended. Romo didn't miss by much, but he was low, probably a foot...foot and a half. A lob like that has GOT to be above the helmet.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 11:47 PM
BTW, Nick Folk might be the best kicker since Vinaterri.Hasn't he only played 5 games as a pro?

VinnyTestesVerde
10-09-2007, 12:26 AM
bad teams make bad mistakes. sorry buffalo. cowboys are good enough to come back from 6 turnovers against a bills team that cannot survive 1. what a sad statement. if you can't win when your opponent turns it over 6 times, pack it up and go home.

a team with any business pulling off an upset would have sealed the deal and scored at least a FG rather than throwing a pick to terrence newman. had the bills done that, they're up by 2 scores and it's all over but the crying for the cowboys.

a good team like the cowboys will find a way to win despite the hole they may be in.

oh, and the dolphins blow. sad that the loss of trent green is actually a LOSS. just keep on holding on to that memory of 1972.

popshark86
10-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Goes to show you the difference in talent between the AFC and NFC

O-Factor
10-09-2007, 12:51 AM

so u homos still believe he is still the next farve, even tough he can't complete a 20 yard pass

And the ignorance continues.....

VinnyTestesVerde
10-09-2007, 01:24 AM

ok...romo may not quite be Jesus in a football uniform, but this comment is just absolute insanity.

harrington is a serious contender for tbe honor of "worst QB in the league". except for byron leftwich...who the falcons benched harrington for. :lol

btw, it's Brett FAVRE, not FARVE. recognize greatness man.

Dro210
10-09-2007, 05:05 AM
Nick "Br-br-br-br-that's all" FOLKs = PIMP

Something was wrong with Romo in this game tho... I didn't get to really see anything but the last 5 or so minutes, but I've heard too many people, including non-romo, non-cowboy fans saying that he just didn't look right out there, that you could see it in his face. Maybe he was sick or something? Took a bad hit early?

Oh well... We got the W, that's all that matters, hope everybody's 100% and ready to go next week, cause next week is gonna be rediculous

fyatuk
10-09-2007, 07:34 AM
I'm not thrilled about it, but TO needs touches early to get into the game. Even with the shitty game he had, if that 2 point conv had been thrown 12-18 inches higher, I think he snags it and brings it in before the DB can try for the strip.

Oh, and the spike penalty on him was bullshit.

No he wouldn't have. The bills player was inside his arms, into his chest, and pushing him backwards before the ball got there. Unless TO grabbed it with one hand, he wasn't catching it.

stretch
10-09-2007, 08:02 AM
And the ignorance continues.....
Don't bother. Here are the facts.

Dallas 5-0

Miami 0-5.

No other responses are neccesary.

Hook Dem
10-09-2007, 08:50 AM
ALL THIS COWBOY HATE IS NOTHING MORE THAN JEALOUSY! I love it! lol :clap

peewee's lovechild
10-09-2007, 08:56 AM

And, obviously, Miami isn't part of that talent.

Poopshark86
10-09-2007, 01:33 PM
ur still gay

BeerIsGood!
10-09-2007, 02:27 PM

The AFC has 2 great teams at the top, one good team after that, and a bunch of mediocre or shitty teams after the top 3.

The NFC has one great team at the top, a couple of possibly good teams then mediocre or shit teams after that.

That said, anyone can still jump up and win a game if you give them a chance.

BeerIsGood!
10-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Nick "Br-br-br-br-that's all" FOLKs = PIMP

Something was wrong with Romo in this game tho... I didn't get to really see anything but the last 5 or so minutes, but I've heard too many people, including non-romo, non-cowboy fans saying that he just didn't look right out there, that you could see it in his face. Maybe he was sick or something? Took a bad hit early?

Oh well... We got the W, that's all that matters, hope everybody's 100% and ready to go next week, cause next week is gonna be rediculous

This was the game where I wasn't too impressed with Garrett's playcalling and really not impressed with Romo's ability to read the coverage. The Bills were taking away the middle of the field by doubling Witten and also taking the deep side away by rolling the safeties. What was open was the underneath stuff to the RB and FB, and it took Romo 5 int. before he realized this in the 2nd half and stopped forcing things over the middle. They finally adjusted and were able to get the TD drive to get within 2. The FB Deon Anderson and RB Marion Barber had several catches in the flats that took advantage of the weakness of the Bills' scheme.

BeerIsGood!
10-09-2007, 02:36 PM

He did lead the long TD drive to get within 2 before they final few yards after the onside. He finally stopped throwing into coverage and started hitting the backs in the flat on that last drive. If he had been doing that from the beginning the Cowboys would have won by double digits. The check downs were open all game and he didn't take advantage of it until late.

Poopshark86
10-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Dallas 5-0

Dolphins 0-5

ghey

Ur a bandwagoner...you didn't do nothin to make that 5-0....their weak azz skedule did.

mardigan
10-09-2007, 02:48 PM
ghey

Ur a bandwagoner...you didn't do nothin to make that 5-0....their weak azz skedule did.
Your not even funny, give it up

Poopshark86
10-09-2007, 02:49 PM
your mom was funny when she was slobbing my cok.

samikeyp
10-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Dude...your real name isn't funny...your troll name is even worse.

fitzgerald
10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
This was the game where I wasn't too impressed with Garrett's playcalling and really not impressed with Romo's ability to read the coverage. The Bills were taking away the middle of the field by doubling Witten and also taking the deep side away by rolling the safeties. What was open was the underneath stuff to the RB and FB, and it took Romo 5 int. before he realized this in the 2nd half and stopped forcing things over the middle. They finally adjusted and were able to get the TD drive to get within 2. The FB Deon Anderson and RB Marion Barber had several catches in the flats that took advantage of the weakness of the Bills' scheme.

This was the most knowledgeable post yet. Your assessment was dead on. You can bet your money that New England is going to do the same thing. Romo better get used to this. If he doesn't adjust then we will get beat. A seasoned veteran knows you have to take what the defense gives you. I hope Garrett gets through to Romo before Sunday.

mardigan
10-09-2007, 03:13 PM
My biggest problem with last nights game was the lack of a running game, which severely limited Garretts playcalling and forced Romo to make throws I dont think he normally would have. Something like 66 yards wont scare any team, and will let the pass rush loose. Got to run the ball better next week.

BeerIsGood!
10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
My biggest problem with last nights game was the lack of a running game, which severely limited Garretts playcalling and forced Romo to make throws I dont think he normally would have. Something like 66 yards wont scare any team, and will let the pass rush loose. Got to run the ball better next week.

The Bills did a good job of stopping the run early and the Cowboys got greedy and went for the big plays downfield instead of being patient in the running game and also incorporating some screens or check downs to the backs, which can be an extension of the running game. They could have hit the Bills for some decent gains by doing so and if they could have sustained drives then the Bills would have been forced to adjust and play a little tighter in the flats. Once that happens they could look more to Witten, Crayton, and TO in the middle or deep corners.

As it played out Romo forced throws, got the Cowboys in a hole, and was forced to throw the ball in the 2nd half playing from behind. He had 50 attempts, far more than we Cowboy fans want to see him throwing in a game. It was just one of those times when the offense and offensive coaching staff were off, thank God the defense was in championship caliber form for the 2nd week in a row.

popshark86
10-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Your not even funny, give it up

thats not me talking sh*t

my guess would be (peewee) (backtobasics)

not sure who poopshark86 is

leemajors
10-09-2007, 06:18 PM
this is what will be interesting next week - the boys should have a hard time rushing against the patties. hopefully they adjust quicker and better.

kskonn
10-09-2007, 09:29 PM

Exactly, this is the same thing that the pats used to do to Manning every year, until he finally got patient and realized there was nothing wrong with hitting the underneath route everytime and picking up first downs over and over. Romo just needs to realize that you don't have to prove how good you are by imposing your will on the defense, take what they give you. He should watch old Aikman footage, or Tom Brady footage, these guys were/are great at taking what was given to them.