PDA

View Full Version : ALCS Thread: Boston vs Cleveland

Tippecanoe
10-08-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm thinking boston in 6.

SrA Husker
10-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Who cares, the Yankees are out :)

I now have no real rooting interest (for or against) in either CS, other than maybe cheering on Boston because it would make it that much worse for the damnyankees.

Erect as a Bull
10-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Go Indians.
Fuck Boston :)

Rockies/Indians WS.

Melmart1
10-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Go Indians.
Fuck Boston! :flipoff

Horry For 3!
10-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Boston will win

Thunder Dan
10-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Indians in 6.

I can't wait to see more people become "Red Sox fans" I thought 2004 was bad, te bandwagon is going to be packed this year. Like I said before, nobody outside of Boston gave a shit about the Red Sox till 2004.

Jimcs50
10-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Boston will win series. It will be a good series, but I thinh their team is the healthiest it has been in months and they are playing like they did in April, May and June again.

Jimcs50
10-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Indians in 6.

I can't wait to see more people become "Red Sox fans" I thought 2004 was bad, te bandwagon is going to be packed this year. Like I said before, nobody outside of Boston gave a shit about the Red Sox till 2004.

I think there are only about 5 Boston fans in this forum, so I do not get your statement at all. It is not like we had 20 fans come in here in 04.

:rolleyes

Holt's Cat
10-09-2007, 08:54 AM
http://www.realliving.com/b.kachenko/images%5CIndians.jpg

TRIBE

DarkReign
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Tribe in 6. Becket and Schilling get their wins, thats it.

Thunder Dan
10-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I think there are only about 5 Boston fans in this forum, so I do not get your statement at all. It is not like we had 20 fans come in here in 04.

I'm saying Red Sox "Nation" is a bunch of front runners since this Nation didn't appear when they had mediorce playoff teams in the 90's. Nobody gave 2 craps about the Sox back then. Now all of a sudden everyone is infatuated with them. I wasn't talking about this board, I'm talking about how everyone in this country is Red Sox fans now that they won a World Series. It's just become a way to show others that you hate the Yankees.

O-Factor
10-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Sox got this one

BeerIsGood!
10-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I hope this is a great one. Sabathia and Carmona vs. Beckett and Schilling. Possibly the best two one-two punch pitcher tandems in the league. I want the Indians to win, but it's going to be a toss up to see who get's beaten down by the Rockies in the WS. :)

T Park
10-09-2007, 05:38 PM
This will be a fantastic series, great pitching and hitting vs great pitching and hitting.

The rightfull teams made it no question.

that being said, Im ROOTING for the Cleveland Indians.

The fans really deserve a ring after all these years.

ducks
10-09-2007, 07:06 PM
cleveland only chance at ring is basebball not basketball or football

dirk4mvp
10-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Not much of a baseball fan, but I'm going for the Red Sox since my grandpa has been a huge Sox fan since the Ted Williams days.

DOMINATOR
10-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Carmona is going to OWN the bosox.

Thunder Dan
10-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Carmona is going to OWN the bosox.

He already has a complete game shutout this year against them. CC lost a 1-0 game the night before.

Carmona will be tough on the Sox because they have alot of right handed bats. You should have seen Manny's ABs against him in July...some of the worst swings I've ever seen. Manny at one point just looked at Carmona and started laughing. Like Torri Hunter said: right handers don't stand a chance against that sinker of his.

Jimcs50
10-10-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm saying Red Sox "Nation" is a bunch of front runners since this Nation didn't appear when they had mediorce playoff teams in the 90's. Nobody gave 2 craps about the Sox back then. Now all of a sudden everyone is infatuated with them. I wasn't talking about this board, I'm talking about how everyone in this country is Red Sox fans now that they won a World Series. It's just become a way to show others that you hate the Yankees.

I beg to differ. The Sox fans (like myself) have been some of the best fans in baseball for decades. They always sell out games at Fenway, their season tickets have been the hardest tickets to procure anywhere in sports. Also, their away games have been full of their fans for as long as I can remember. I went to some Ranger-Sox games back at the old Arlington Stadium in the 80s and also at The Ball Park the last 15 years or so and every time I go, 25-35% of the those in attendence were Red Sox fans like myself.

Thunder Dan
10-10-2007, 09:36 AM
I beg to differ. The Sox fans (like myself) have been some of the best fans in baseball for decades. They always sell out games at Fenway, their season tickets have been the hardest tickets to procure anywhere in sports. Also, their away games have been full of their fans for as long as I can remember. I went to some Ranger-Sox games back at the old Arlington Stadium in the 80s and also at The Ball Park the last 15 years or so and every time I go, 25-35% of the those in attendence were Red Sox fans like myself.

First, I won't argue anything saying that Sox fans are not good fans. They are good fans. The people I have a problem with are people that just jumped on the bandwagon. Obviously I'm not talking about fans in Boston. I'm talking about going to an Indians game and being cursed at by Red Sox fans that came from Akron. These fans didn't exsist in the 90's because being a die hard Red Sox fan wasn't cool back then. I once had a guy tell me he was a Red Sox fan for 2 reasons 1) he liked the hat and 2) he hated the Yankees. I mean there ARE people like this, and this is why the Red Sox Nation is a crock. It's the same as how all of a sudden the Colts are the second most popular team in the NFL. Everyone likes rooting for a winner. But back in 1995, when nobody expected anything out of Boston, the fans didn't travel to the games, they didn't lead SportCenter off with late breaking Red Sox news, the Yanks/Sox were not on TV 18 times a year....nobody cared. Now everyone not only cares, but they are "Red Sox Fans"

But the reason Fenway is always sold out isn't all about having good fans. For one, its the smallest stadium in the MLB and second, it's the oldest so they get tons of out of towners that don't even care about the team that go.

But I'm not personally attacking you or any others, but I'm just saying that there are people in this world that are:Red Sox, Spurs, Colts/Patriots/ and USC fans that have no other reason for liking them other than they are good. See Lebron James.

tlongII
10-10-2007, 10:16 AM

I lived in Boston back in '83 and I had no trouble getting into Fenway. Their sellouts are a relatively recent phenomenon in my opinion.

I think Boston will win this series because they have home-field advantage. It should go 7 games.

Tippecanoe
10-12-2007, 10:32 PM
CC gets pounded. sox take game 1

up next, carmona vs schilling

DOMINATOR
10-12-2007, 10:42 PM
BOSTON SUCKS

Go Carmona

ducks
10-12-2007, 11:17 PM
david and manny are like 29-36
if they do not cool off they will win it all
what playoff performers

sa_kid20
10-14-2007, 12:30 AM
this thing is over

Erect as a Bull
10-14-2007, 12:34 AM
:lol :lol

Tippecanoe
10-14-2007, 12:38 AM
series tied 1-1

next up: daisuke vs westbrook

T Park
10-14-2007, 12:39 AM
:lol

If the Indians take game 3, this thing is ovah.

leemajors
10-14-2007, 12:54 AM
do strange fans still want gagne back?

Erect as a Bull
10-14-2007, 12:57 AM

I want him back in Boston. :elephant:

DOMINATOR
10-14-2007, 12:57 AM
i wouldn't mind the astros picking him up for the right price.

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-14-2007, 01:30 AM
I was at a bar tonight, and every time the Indians scored a run in extra innings, the place erupted in applause.
Eat shit, Red Sux!!!
:flipoff

monosylab1k
10-14-2007, 10:56 AM
hell yes. It's like he's purposely tanking in order to tell people "I'm only happy in Texas". Next year he'll be with the Rangers, happy, and back to being a badass.

FromWayDowntown
10-14-2007, 12:45 PM
hell yes. It's like he's purposely tanking in order to tell people "I'm only happy in Texas". Next year he'll be with the Rangers, happy, and back to being a badass.

and at a somewhat reduced cost, perhaps . . . .

Melmart1
10-14-2007, 01:02 PM
and at a somewhat reduced cost, perhaps . . . .
Which is the best part. I would take him back in a heartbeat. We don't know what is happening with Aki, and Wash has said he wants someone experienced, which means nobody in the current bullpen. Gagne would fill the closer role and cheaply, methinks.

Erect as a Bull
10-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Gagne is a worthless piece of fucking dogshit.

T Park
10-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Can't all be on Gagne.

Youklis had a chance to win it and pushed the at bat to double digits in pitches thrown.

So its not ALL on Gagne or the loss.

DarkReign
10-15-2007, 01:27 PM
I was wrong. Schilling lost. Tribe in 5.

Thunder Dan
10-15-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm still not too sure about the Tribe. The Sox have been having very good at bats which hurts our starting pitching. It's almost like they go up there looking for walks. Goodthing we have a good bullpen, but if the series goes 6-7 it could wear on our bullpen. I think the Tribe needs to do the same with the Boston starters so we can have equal wear on their pen.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Dice-K isn't that good.

He throws too many pitches and nibbles too much, much like Zito did against the Tigers in last year's ALCS.

Thunder Dan
10-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Dice-K isn't that good.

He throws too many pitches and nibbles too much, much like Zito did against the Tigers in last year's ALCS.

as we saw in the first 2 games, the umps won't let pitchers nibble in the playoffs

10-15-2007, 07:10 PM
He's thrown 60 pitches through 3 innings.

DarkReign
10-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Tribe take series lead. I very much expect them to be up 3-1 going back to "Bah-stin".

Thunder Dan
10-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Tribe take series lead. I very much expect them to be up 3-1 going back to "Bah-stin".

they play 3 in a row in Cleveland. One last night one tonight and one Thursday

Jimcs50
10-16-2007, 11:46 AM
I think we should start pressing the panic button and pitch Becket on short rest tonight. His pitch count in game 1 was only 80 and if he pitches tonight and wins, then we will have him for game 7 on a full rest.

On the flip side, if we pitch Wakefield tonighht and win, then we can take command of the series in game 4 with Becket on full rest and if he wins, we go back to Boston with a 3-2 edge.

Melmart1
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Pitch Wakes.

Jimcs50
10-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Pitch Wakes.

ok, I have faith.

:hungry:

BeerIsGood!
10-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Wakefield's gonna get HAMMERED tonight. I can sense it.

Melmart1
10-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Even the best knuckleballers can be a crapshoot. Weather has too much of an influence on the pitches. Quite frankly, they can be scary but Wakes is one of the best and I think that he is going to come through. He won't be unhittable but I think he will give the Sox a really good chance to win.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!

10-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Tribe hammers TW the second time through.

I'd be surprised if TW or Byrd lasted longer than 5 innings.

ducks
10-16-2007, 07:36 PM
G. Sizemore walked awesome pitching

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Perhaps it was just a matter of time.

Byrd, it appears, will have provided the Indians with two monsterously important starts this post-season.

And now Lofton holds the record for post-season steals.

Melmart1
10-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Ugh. Sickening. But the Sox are not out of it, not at all. And they have come back from worst deficits in a series.

Spurminator
10-16-2007, 09:22 PM
And now Lofton holds the record for post-season steals.

Which, as Joe Buck was careful and enthusiastic to point out, only happened because Lofton had the benefit of divisional series.

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Which, as Joe Buck was careful and enthusiastic to point out, only happened because Lofton had the benefit of divisional series.

Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest anything else. Henderson is one short in steals but had almost half as many plate appearances as Lofton has accumulated to this point.

I just had happened to look at Lofton's post-season numbers the other day and discovered that he's been one non-Yankee (for the most part -- Lofton did play 4 postseason games for the Yankees in 2004) who has been a major beneficiary of the expanded playoff format.

With his start tonight, there are only 5 players in baseball history who've played in more postseason games than Lofton's 92 -- Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, David Justice, Tino Martinez and Jorge Posada. Only Jeter, Williams, and Justice have more at-bats than Lofton and only Jeter and Williams have more hits.

There's no doubt that Lofton is thriving on longevity and having been a part of a number of good teams -- he's made the playoffs with 7 different franchises.

10-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Played out like I thought it would.

BoSox starters have been overrated all year. Outside of Beckett, they have a bunch of 4/5 guys in their rotation.

Byrd does just enough to keep the Tribe in games and he rarely walks anyone.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-16-2007, 11:20 PM
This series is over. Unless the Indians stop playing their game, Boston is fucked. Their pitching blows and the Indians are not the 2004 Yanks so dont expect another magical comeback. Indians pitching and bullpen>>>>>>>>>Red Sox pitching and bullpen. In the playoffs that is what wins you championships. Thursday night will be electric at Jacobs Field as those fans will watch their team clinch a world series birth.

leemajors
10-16-2007, 11:24 PM
football on sunday has been great without joe buck!

Spurminator
10-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest anything else. Henderson is one short in steals but had almost half as many plate appearances as Lofton has accumulated to this point.

I just had happened to look at Lofton's post-season numbers the other day and discovered that he's been one non-Yankee (for the most part -- Lofton did play 4 postseason games for the Yankees in 2004) who has been a major beneficiary of the expanded playoff format.

With his start tonight, there are only 5 players in baseball history who've played in more postseason games than Lofton's 92 -- Derek Jeter, Bernie Williams, David Justice, Tino Martinez and Jorge Posada. Only Jeter, Williams, and Justice have more at-bats than Lofton and only Jeter and Williams have more hits.

There's no doubt that Lofton is thriving on longevity and having been a part of a number of good teams -- he's made the playoffs with 7 different franchises.

Agreed on all counts, I just thought Joe Buck was overly dismissive of the accomplishment.

DarkReign
10-17-2007, 07:58 AM
I hate the Sox almost as much as I hate the Yankees.

Good to see the entire northeastern coast crying in their beers. May neither of your teams ever sniff success in baseball ever again.

Anyone else sick of seeing Epstein in the stands? Did you see his "baseball braintrust" sitting with him as well? He is everything thats wrong with baseball. When you can hire a money-man who knows less about baseball than his manager to run a storied franchise like the Sox, the business has transcended the game. You could have lumped those three guys sitting together and not equal the age or wisdom of Gammons. And this guy runs the Red Sox?? He is a dollars and cents guy, thats it. He doesnt need to know shit about baseball, he can buy what he wants. Must be good with agents.

Im so glad neither the Yanks or Sox are in the WS. Im sure the MLB isnt happy about it, but fuck them too. Bu-bye Sox.

Thunder Dan
10-17-2007, 08:10 AM
I got tickets on Monday for game 5 for $60 hoping it would be a clincher game Thursday..that place will be so crazy

Jimcs50
10-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Im so glad neither the Yanks or Sox are in the WS. Im sure the MLB isnt happy about it, but fuck them too. Bu-bye Sox.

Anyone who exhibits this much hatred over sports needs to get a life. Please seek some therapy. You have a lot of anger in you, obviously.

And unless I am mistaken, I think you have to win 4 games to win a series.

Melmart1
10-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Please seek some therapy. You have a lot of anger in you, obviously. Anyone who exhibits this much hatred over sports needs to get a life also, btw.

No shit! I was just about to say the same thing. Don't be too sure this is over. The Sox have come back from 0-3 to win a series. Not saying they will but they are much too proud to just bend over. And one of the hardest things to do is close out a series against a tough opponent. The wounded animal will come out and I say the Sox take the next game and send it back to Boston.

I'm not saying they will win the series but to already give Cleveland the World Series berth is absurd.

Jimcs50
10-17-2007, 09:30 AM
No shit! I was just about to say the same thing. Don't be too sure this is over. The Sox have come back from 0-3 to win a series. Not saying they will but they are much too proud to just bend over. And one of the hardest things to do is close out a series against a tough opponent. The wounded animal will come out and I say the Sox take the next game and send it back to Boston.

I'm not saying they will win the series but to already give Cleveland the World Series berth is absurd.

They also came back from being down 0-2 to Oakland to win series 3-2 in 04 divisional series as well.

As I said yesterday, I wish Becket would have pitched last night, but now the Sox have to win 2 games w/o him to win this series, rather than 1 game....it will be tough. We need production from someone other than Manny, Papi and Lowell to win, this is a must.

Melmart1
10-17-2007, 10:04 AM
I think Pedroia is ready to bust out, he never slumps for long. And can JD Drew PLEASE get a hit when it counts?! And not some cheap infield single when the game is already won or out of reach? :pctoss

Melmart1
10-17-2007, 10:07 AM
As for Beckett, he wouldnt even answer questions regarding whether he would have been healthy enough to go last night, which leads me to believe he wasn't ready. Despite the outcome, I still think starting Wakes was a good idea. Delcarman really imploded, which didn't help.

degenerate_gambler
10-17-2007, 10:07 AM
...can JD Drew PLEASE get a hit when it counts?!

that would be a first..

Thunder Dan
10-17-2007, 10:14 AM
As for Beckett, he wouldnt even answer questions regarding whether he would have been healthy enough to go last night, which leads me to believe he wasn't ready. Despite the outcome, I still think starting Wakes was a good idea. Delcarman really imploded, which didn't help.

Beckett has a bad back. There is an article about it on foxsports.com

Jimcs50
10-17-2007, 12:07 PM
I think Pedroia is ready to bust out, he never slumps for long. And can JD Drew PLEASE get a hit when it counts?! And not some cheap infield single when the game is already won or out of reach? :pctoss

Look for Kielty to start in RF tomorrow and perhaps Ellsbury to start for Crisp. Kielty has CC's number and Ellsbury is better hitter than Crisp and not that much worse on defense....Francona has to mix it up, I think.

Melmart1
10-17-2007, 12:11 PM
I agree, especially about Ellsbury. He is a much better hitter than Crisp and can steal bases as well. I was honestly hoping he would play a much larger role than pinch runner this series, so I would be thrilled to see him starting. Sometimes that one little change is all you need.

But definitely get Drew out of there :pctoss I am pretty much sick of him at this point.

tlongII
10-17-2007, 02:06 PM
The Sox are gripping and they are done. Regardless of what Mel or Jim say.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-17-2007, 02:12 PM
The Sox are gripping and they are done. Regardless of what Mel or Jim say.

The Indians are clearly the better team. Having a high powered offense and overrated pitching will ALWAYS catch up to you. Boston's only hope is that the Indians go away from their game.

DarkReign
10-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Anyone who exhibits this much hatred over sports needs to get a life. Please seek some therapy. You have a lot of anger in you, obviously.

Im going to be nice, but if you think I actually get emotionally charged about the demise of another team, youd be mistaken. I dont measure every post I compose.

But I do not like the Red Sox or Yankees. Do you assume I like the Indians?

10-17-2007, 11:26 PM
So does the President of Red Sox (Bandwagon) Nation get impeached if the Sox lose?

The RSN thing cracks me up. The Sox ranked 9th in attendance not less than 10 years ago.

In the AL.

Sorry, BoSox fans, the pink hats won't save you.

Go Tribe.

T Park
10-18-2007, 02:09 AM
And can JD Drew PLEASE get a hit when it counts?! And not some cheap infield single when the game is already won or out of reach?

The Braves Dodgers and Cardinals all said the same thing.

Thunder Dan
10-18-2007, 08:37 AM
So does the President of Red Sox (Bandwagon) Nation get impeached if the Sox lose?

The RSN thing cracks me up. The Sox ranked 9th in attendance not less than 10 years ago.

In the AL.

Sorry, BoSox fans, the pink hats won't save you.

Go Tribe.

LOL thats why I hate Sox fans. I find it ironic that there are some "die-hard" Sox fans in a Spurs forum... I mean that bandwagon must be a nice one to be on. I have no problem with fans in Boston rooting for the Sox, but the people outside of it with the reasons like "my grandpa was from Boston" or "I've been to Boston" are the people that only cheer when they are good. That's what this nation is all about, it's about jumping on the bandwagon.

Jimcs50
10-18-2007, 08:51 AM
LOL thats why I hate Sox fans. I find it ironic that there are some "die-hard" Sox fans in a Spurs forum... I mean that bandwagon must be a nice one to be on. I have no problem with fans in Boston rooting for the Sox, but the people outside of it with the reasons like "my grandpa was from Boston" or "I've been to Boston" are the people that only cheer when they are good. That's what this nation is all about, it's about jumping on the bandwagon.

Is that not how all fans become fans??? How many fans played for the team that they root for??? Do you not pass on your favorite team preference to your kids???? I have lived in Texas since I was 9 yrs old, but my dad and grand dad were from Connecticut and were life long Redskins and Red Sox fans, so naturally I always hated the Cowboys, even when all my friends loved them. Just because you live in the state does not mean you have to root for that team. Some people pick a team for no reason at all, but decide that they like that team.

Kori hated the Spurs for her whole life, she was a Suns fan, she did not like DRob at all and thought he was a pussy. Kori switched to SA when they drafted TD...is she a bandwagon fan???

Thunder Dan
10-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Is that not how all fans become fans??? How many fans played for the team that they root for??? Do you not pass on your favorite team preference to your kids???? I have lived in Texas since I was 9 yrs old, but my dad and grand dad were from Connecticut and were life long Redskins and Red Sox fans, so naturally I always hated the Cowboys, even when all my friends loved them. Just because you live in the state does not mean you have to root for that team. Some people pick a team for no reason at all, but decide that they like that team.

Kori hated the Spurs for her whole life, she was a Suns fan, she did not like DRob at all and thought he was a pussy. Kori switched to SA when they drafted TD...is she a bandwagon fan???

I just root for the teams around my town. I'm a Indians, Browns, and Cavs fan. They don't put teams in cities so you could root for a team that plays 3000 miles away from you. If that were the case it would be like pro wrestling and they would just travel from city to city each week.

The reason I have a problem with this Red Sox Nation is because nobody gave a shit about them before 2004 (and by nobody I mean 75% of the "Nation" and the national media). I went to games when the Indians played the Sox in the 95 and 99 playoffs...there was no Red Sox Nation then. I didn't get harrassed by Red Sox fans at Jacobs Field. Frankly nobody cared about them.

Then something happened in the early 2000s, these are the reasons the Red Sox gained their fan base. Henry bought the team and would basically treat them like the Yanks and try to buy championships (so people like that), ESPN latched onto the Yanks/Sox rivalry which didn't exsist outside of Boston/New York before 2002. The Red Sox gained support because people didn't like the Yankees (and still don't), but the reasoning for people not liking the Yanks are what the Red Sox have become. Basically, if you hate the Yankees (which is alot of people) and you don't really care about baseball, your a Red Sox fan.

10-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Some people pick a team for no reason at all, but decide that they like that team.

No problem with that unless you pick the team right after they win the championship and you're over age 15.

Then you're just a front running douchebag.

Every team has its bandwagon fans, but the Red Sox Nation is laughable and annoying. They elected a President, for cripes sake, and I have to hear it from the likes of Tim Russert. Pathetic.

Thunder Dan
10-18-2007, 09:21 AM
No problem with that unless you pick the team right after they win the championship and you're over age 15.

Every team has its bandwagon fans, but the Red Sox Nation is laughable and annoying. They elected a President, for cripes sake, and I have to hear it from the likes of Tim Russert. Pathetic.

Word.

Spurminator
10-18-2007, 10:24 AM
The reason I have a problem with this Red Sox Nation is because nobody gave a shit about them before 2004 (and by nobody I mean 75% of the "Nation" and the national media). I went to games when the Indians played the Sox in the 95 and 99 playoffs...there was no Red Sox Nation then. I didn't get harrassed by Red Sox fans at Jacobs Field. Frankly nobody cared about them.

Then something happened in the early 2000s, these are the reasons the Red Sox gained their fan base. Henry bought the team and would basically treat them like the Yanks and try to buy championships (so people like that), ESPN latched onto the Yanks/Sox rivalry which didn't exsist outside of Boston/New York before 2002. The Red Sox gained support because people didn't like the Yankees (and still don't), but the reasoning for people not liking the Yanks are what the Red Sox have become. Basically, if you hate the Yankees (which is alot of people) and you don't really care about baseball, your a Red Sox fan.

There were some great series that helped build up the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry at the end of the last decade and beginning of this one. I have to admit that while I remained an Astros fan, I bought into the Red Sox underdog mystique, and I loved watching those games because I felt like they were all historic.

Ever since 2004, though, I just don't care... I'd prefer neither team make the postseason.

T Park
10-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Well I am Cardinal fan due to my family growing up around St Louis, and my father's father being a Cardinal fan.

So, I guess that means I jumped on the bandwagon?

Melmart1
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Everyone's idea of what constitutes a bandwagon fan differs, but the truth is there is no definition. I am a Rangers fan, but I have been accused of being a bandwaggoner because I root for the Sox, particularly in the postseason.

Personally, I don't see the damage in pulling for a team when your team can't even sniff the playoffs. But to each their own, I guess. I am tired of people attacking and trying to get one up on each other around here instead of just debating the game like rational people.

10-18-2007, 05:13 PM
To most fans, BoSox Fan has become what they've hated for so long - Yankee Fan, except without all of the success to hang their hats on.

Normally, good teams and their bandwagon fans don't bother me. It crosses the line, IMO, when I have to hear or read about it incessantly. Guys like Gammons/Simmons and the company they work for make it almost unbearable for baseball fans of other teams not named Boston or New York.

The Indians close out the Yankees and what's the lead on ESPN? Torre and whether or not he comes back.

Perfect, just perfect.

Erect as a Bull
10-18-2007, 09:35 PM

:lol Great post.

And yea all of Red sox nation is bandwagon. Its too funny. I dont even think they have any true fans.
Fucking pathetic.. but funny at the same time :lol

Jimcs50
10-18-2007, 09:40 PM
:lol Great post.

And yea all of Red sox nation is bandwagon. Its too funny. I dont even think they have any true fans.
Fucking pathetic.. but funny at the same time :lol

If that is not the most idiotic post that I have ever seen, it is damn close. No true fans?

Are you retarded, please say you are, so I can at least understand that statement.

Erect as a Bull
10-18-2007, 09:42 PM
If that is not the most idiotic post that I have ever seen, it is damn close. No true fans?

Are you retarded, please say you are, so I can at least understand that statement.

I'm just saying something stupid like Manny does. :lol
Whats the difference?
Is Manny retarded?

And I just wanted to make dumbfucks like you respond.

It worked :elephant:

Jimcs50
10-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm just saying something stupid like Manny does. :lol
Whats the difference?
Is Manny retarded?

And I just wanted to make dumbfucks like you respond.

It worked :elephant:

dumbfuck?

Yeah, a million dollar a year practice and 2 million in the bank, I am a real dumbfuck. :lol

Jimcs50
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM
3-1 Sox :elephant

Comon Sox, let's get some more runs in the inning, then turn the game over to Jonathon in the 9th to close it out.

Erect as a Bull
10-18-2007, 09:49 PM
4-1 Boston :elephant:

Time for them to hurry up and Bring in Gagne :)

Jimcs50
10-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Nice ball called for a strike....just keep fucking Manny over and over....he will get even.

Jimcs50
10-18-2007, 10:27 PM
who says the Red Sox can not manufacture runs? A walk, an error, a bunt single and a passed ball for a run in the 8th.

Jimcs50
10-18-2007, 11:18 PM
3-2

:elephant

Curt needs to execute his pitches on Sat and we can take it to game 7...then the pressure falls back on The Tribe.

BeerIsGood!
10-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Is Beckett really that much of a bitch? He's actually going to run his mouth at Lofton for flipping his bat on a walk just one game after his teammate Manny makes an ass of himself showing up the Indians' pitcher? Where was Beckett blasting Manny in the media for acting like an ass? Bitch ass hypocrite.

Jimcs50
10-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Is Beckett really that much of a bitch? He's actually going to run his mouth at Lofton for flipping his bat on a walk just one game after his teammate Manny makes an ass of himself showing up the Indians' pitcher? Where was Beckett blasting Manny in the media for acting like an ass? Bitch ass hypocrite.

They have a history against each other when Beckett was with the Marlins. Lofton pisses off the opposition quite often, and after awhile people just get fed up.

You actually think Beckett is a bitch??? The most clutch playoff pitcher in baseball??

NBA Junkie
10-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Boston will complete the comeback from 3-1 down and will win it all.

CavsSuperFan
10-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I walked into a Dick's Sporting Goods and was shocked to see Indians World Series T-shirts on sale... There are also reports Wal-Mart is selling them too....Ohhh that sinking feeling has returned... :dramaquee

T Park
10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
If thats true, boo on Cleveland..

Man they go to the Finals and the ALCS and they think they are fuckin championship central.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Beckett was on fire last night. And his postgame interview was nice. :lol

BeerIsGood!
10-19-2007, 06:46 PM
They have a history against each other when Beckett was with the Marlins. Lofton pisses off the opposition quite often, and after awhile people just get fed up.

You actually think Beckett is a bitch??? The most clutch playoff pitcher in baseball??

You can be a great player and still act like a bitch. He's a hypocrite, he sat by and said nothing when his teammate shows up the other team but gets all hurt by a bat flip on a walk? His game is great but I lost all respect for the guy himself with the hypocracy.

Melmart1
10-20-2007, 07:54 PM
And can JD Drew PLEASE get a hit when it counts?!
:lmao The Baseball Gods were listening to my prayers :lol Holy shit, as bad as he was all season, that was awesome and just put the Tribe on the offensive if they don't want to face a game 7.

Jimcs50
10-20-2007, 09:16 PM
:lmao The Baseball Gods were listening to my prayers :lol Holy shit, as bad as he was all season, that was awesome and just put the Tribe on the offensive if they don't want to face a game 7.

Another RBI for Drew.

It was only a matter of time for the bottom half of the order to get it going.....

Jimcs50
10-20-2007, 09:18 PM
I walked into a Dick's Sporting Goods and was shocked to see Indians World Series T-shirts on sale... There are also reports Wal-Mart is selling them too....Ohhh that sinking feeling has returned... :dramaquee

They will soon be in Africa joining all those Buffalo Bills Super Bowl championship tee shirts that were sent over there years ago.

Jimcs50
10-20-2007, 09:19 PM
10-1 Sox

Jimcs50
10-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I got tickets on Monday for game 5 for $60 hoping it would be a clincher game Thursday..that place will be so crazy

Hope you enjoyed your celebration.

John Rocker
10-20-2007, 09:40 PM
10-1 Sox

gotta love a Spurs/Red Sox fan, who is your favorite football team Colts or Patriots? But seriously you don't look like a bandwagon fan at all

Jimcs50
10-20-2007, 09:44 PM
gotta love a Spurs/Red Sox fan, who is your favorite football team Colts or Patriots? But seriously you don't look like a bandwagon fan at all

Redskins....yeah I am a bandwagon fan....I am still celebrating their 1991 Super Bowl.

:spin

Thunder Dan
10-20-2007, 09:49 PM
Hope you enjoyed your celebration.

man too bad I wasn't registered here in January, your probably a Florida fan because your grandpa once knew someone that lived in Florida.

Erect as a Bull
10-20-2007, 10:07 PM
:lol @ everyone.

This game was closer then I thought it would be.
I predicted 16-3 Boston :lol

Get some more runs Boston and make me get my prediction right on :elephant:

v2freak
10-20-2007, 10:24 PM

1 championship in 86 years is absolutely sizzling.

Are you serious? Freak injuries, curses and late season collapses are just some of the reasons a Sox fan's loyalty is constantly being tested.

Also, did anyone see Victor Martinez's HR today? He took longer to run the bases than Manny did in game 4. Victor Martinez is an idiot.

Just kidding

Thunder Dan
10-20-2007, 11:42 PM
1 championship in 86 years is absolutely sizzling.

Are you serious? Freak injuries, curses and late season collapses are just some of the reasons a Sox fan's loyalty is constantly being tested.

Also, did anyone see Victor Martinez's HR today? He took longer to run the bases than Manny did in game 4. Victor Martinez is an idiot.

Just kidding
he was letting his pitcher have some rest since it took him 40 pitches to get through the first. How often do you watch baseball?

Erect as a Bull
10-20-2007, 11:54 PM
:lol I hope someone hits a HR off Papelbon in Game 7 to take the lead and Ihope they walk backwards around the bases. :lol

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 07:31 AM
man too bad I wasn't registered here in January, your probably a Florida fan because your grandpa once knew someone that lived in Florida.

Yeah you registered her AFTER your loser Cavs finally did simething after 30 years of sucking cocks.

T Park
10-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Jim you said the Spurs weren't gonna win shit this year, wtf you talkin :lol

v2freak
10-21-2007, 03:42 PM
he was letting his pitcher have some rest since it took him 40 pitches to get through the first. How often do you watch baseball?

I was kidding...and what is the point of you asking me how often I watch baseball?

Thunder Dan
10-21-2007, 04:23 PM
I was kidding...and what is the point of you asking me how often I watch baseball?

just wondering because if you were serious about asking why he took so long the answer was obvious if you know how catchers control the game when they can

BeerIsGood!
10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
A friend of mine said he roots for the Red Sox because he hates the Yankees and for what they represent. I told him he's an idiot because the Red Sox are just as greedy/wasteful as the Yankees. How many delusional people out there cheer for the Red Sox because they have some misconception that they aren't just as evil as the Yankees?

Thunder Dan
10-21-2007, 08:13 PM
A friend of mine said he roots for the Red Sox because he hates the Yankees and for what they represent. I told him he's an idiot because the Red Sox are just as greedy/wasteful as the Yankees. How many delusional people out there cheer for the Red Sox because they have some misconception that they aren't just as evil as the Yankees?

yep that's Red Sox nation. They think that they are doing something meaningful by being anti-Yankee, but the Red Sox are doing the same thing. They cheer for the Sox because their hometown team isn't any good and they see that the Sox will spend money and that they will always be competitive. It's very easy to cheer for a team that is always in and around the playoffs. That is why Red Sox Nation is such a load of horse shit; the fans would just as rather root for the team in their city but they know that it could take years for them to ever be good, so they side with the Sox because it's a better option than being a Yankees fan. I won't hear any argument against it either. It's sort of what is happening with the Cubs. In 5 years people will be all over the Cubs after they go on spending sprees to try to buy wins.

Pro teams are in cities so you can cheer on your city, not to cheer for a team in a city you once visited on a family vacation.

v2freak
10-21-2007, 08:34 PM
As of 2006:
Yankees payroll: 194,663,079
Red Sox payroll: 120, 099,824

Red Sox do have a lot of money to spend, and I do not like that they were able to get Dice-K through means that not every team has access to. And yes Thunder Dan, there are a lot of bandwagon fans on a lot of teams. It's weird though, I don't know if the Celtics now have more fans than before but I don't like them as much. They don't nearly have the same charm as they did before. They may not have won games but they worked well together and the players were very likeable. Now West, Jefferson and Wally are gone.

T Park
10-21-2007, 09:24 PM
back to the series...

3-2 Red sox bottom of the 5th.

This could be a classic.

I think the Red Sox pull it out.

I hope though its a multi extra inning deep into the night thriller!!!

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
I hope though its a multi extra inning deep into the night thriller!!!

fuck that...I have to get up at 6am.

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I have never heard so much whining about people who root for what team. What kind of girl are you, Dan? WTF cares how and why you are a fan???? You have so little life that you have to worry why the Sox have so many fans????

Get a life and stop being a little bitch.

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Damn, Lugo...what the hell was that? Manny had that ball easily. :bang

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Lugo is off the hook with that double play.

K-State Spur
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
so, how much money are the Sox paying the Indians 3rd base coach?

Inexplicable that this is not a tie game. Awful, awful coaching...

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Double plays

Cleveland 25

Boston 1

seems like :)

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 09:56 PM
so, how much money are the Sox paying the Indians 3rd base coach?

Inexplicable that this is not a tie game. Awful, awful coaching...

dude, he was lucky to even be on the basepads....Instant Karma

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Ironic.....Kevin Millar throws out the first pitch tonight and the player who now has his number (15), Dustin Pedroa hits his first post season HR.

5-2

Bring in the stud and let's end this thing.

K-State Spur
10-21-2007, 10:13 PM
it's not like the ball hit a bird and fell fair. lugo booted it pure and simple.

you better hope it's not karma. karma likes teams to pay for their errors - not get bailed out by a two-bill.

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 10:22 PM
3 more outs!!!!

:hungry:

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 10:24 PM
it's not like the ball hit a bird and fell fair. lugo booted it pure and simple.

you better hope it's not karma. karma likes teams to pay for their errors - not get bailed out by a two-bill.

All I am saying is he did not hit a ball that deserved to be rewarded with a run later in the inning....the pitcher did not deserve to lose the lead....right?

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 10:31 PM
JD comes though again :elephant

6-2

resistanze
10-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Indians have IMPLODED

Hank the Tank
10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
wow......it looks like this game is about to be wrapped up, bar some miracle.

....and i mean a miracle....

10-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I thought the Indians would win in 6 and lose in the WS.

CC looked gassed in the ALCS and Carmona is a better pitcher than he showed in G6.

Sizemore and Hafner have absolutely killed the Tribe in this series.

In the WS, the BoSox will be heavy favorites and I'm hoping they'll implode.

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 10:42 PM
IIn the WS, the BoSox will be heavy favorites and I'm hoping they'll implode.

care to make another wager?

:toast

K-State Spur
10-21-2007, 10:42 PM
All I am saying is he did not hit a ball that deserved to be rewarded with a run later in the inning....the pitcher did not deserve to lose the lead....right?

depends on your perspective. okijima certainly beat lofton, but the only mistake on the play belonged to the sox.

anyhow, play's over long ago.

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Pedroa is going to be the toast of the town.

Wow!!!

9-2

:elephant :elephant :elephant

Marklar MM
10-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Choke.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/antwaan12/choke.jpg

T Park
10-21-2007, 10:46 PM
congrats to the Red Sox.

They will win cause they spent more money. One of the things I hate about baseball.

Hank the Tank
10-21-2007, 10:47 PM
holy shit! blowout now! its officially over....

Marklar MM
10-21-2007, 10:47 PM
congrats to the Red Sox.

They will win cause they spent more money. One of the things I hate about baseball.

They will win because the Indians choked. And I hate Red Sox/Yankees.

T Park
10-21-2007, 10:49 PM
How did the Indians choke?

They were beat by a better team plain and simple.

T Park
10-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Im not counting the indians out, if the manager has a brainfart and puts Gagne in there the Indians have a shot.

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 10:51 PM

dat true

Marklar MM
10-21-2007, 10:52 PM

3-1 series lead...getting outscored 30-4 in the next 3 games.

Jimcs50
congrats to the Red Sox.

Your Cardinals had the 3rd highest payroll a couple of years ago....btw.

:)

Melmart1

I don't care if you are the underdog. If you are up 3-1, and you have three chances to win just ONE MORE game and you don't do it, you chocked. They were hardcore in the driver's seat, particularly with game 5 being in Cleveland. They blew it, pure and simple.

Hank the Tank
10-21-2007, 10:53 PM

that may be but being up 3-1 and having all the momentum to finish it in cle and with manny sayin what he said they should have finished it.

i consider it a huge choke job!

T Park
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
Your Cardinals had the 3rd highest payroll a couple of years ago....btw.

Yeah now at 100 million they are like 8th.

The Astros's payroll had to have been "right there"

don't care if you are the underdog. If you are up 3-1, and you have three chances to win just ONE MORE game and you don't do it, you chocked. They were hardcore in the driver's seat, particularly with game 5 being in Cleveland. They blew it, pure and simple.

not when said Cy Young dominating post season pitcher Beckett throws that game, and then game 6 your back at the toughest park to play at in baseball.

Hank the Tank
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
not over yet! haha.

T Park
10-21-2007, 10:55 PM
that may be but being up 3-1 and having all the momentum to finish it in cle and with manny sayin what he said they should have finished it.

i consider it a huge choke job!

They weren't gonna win cause of the way the pitching matched up.

Beckett Schilling, then the 100 million dollar man in game 7.

The odds were stacked against the Indians. Period.

Marklar MM
10-21-2007, 10:55 PM
not when said Cy Young dominating post season pitcher Beckett throws that game, and then game 6 your back at the toughest park to play at in baseball.

Am I not mistaken in that another Cy Young pitcher was facing him.

T Park
10-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Am I not mistaken in that another Cy Young pitcher was facing him.

when said other pitcher got blown out in game 1 and didn't have the postseason history that other said Cy Younger has my point is still valid.

Hank the Tank
.....well GO COLORADO!!!

....and wow...hell of a catch.

T Park
1 out more.

Jimcs50
Great play by Crisp

T Park
Celebrate Boston.

T Park
10-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Thank the Cardinals for developing him Jim :)

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Thank the Cardinals for developing him Jim :)

I do.

:p:

I like him a lot, he just needs to get his bat going.

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Feel bad for the Cleveland players, they are a great group of guys, but they are young, they can get back and have another chance.

T Park
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
yeah that chuck Finley trade doesn't look too good now :lol

T Park
10-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Feel bad for the Cleveland players, they are a great group of guys, but they are young, they can get back and have another chance

I predict they pull a Tigers and don't make the postseason next year.

Erect as a Bull
10-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Well I knew they would come back from 3-1 :lol
Fucking Cleveland.
Always runner up somehow.
Funny shit.

Go Rockies though :elephant:

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 11:03 PM

I will take that bet

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Well I knew they would come back from 3-1 :lol

Go Rockies though :elephant:

Colorado is being touted in here a lot...I hate to break the bad news, but they have ZERO chance of winning the World Series.

Boston is by far the best team that they have faced in the last month, and even though they beat Boston in Fenway this year, they can not beat them in a 7 game series....that is a lead pipe lock.

T Park
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Ok Tim Donaghey :)

Melmart1
10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Jim, your predictions are KILLING ME! You better not jinx them! I will find you and hunt you down! How many dentists can there possibly be in College Station whose name is Jim? :lol

T Park
10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Colorado is being touted in here a lot...I hate to break the bad news, but they have ZERO chance of winning the World Series.

Boston is by far the best team that they have faced in the last month, and even though they beat Boston in Fenway this year, they can not beat them in a 7 game series....that is a lead pipe lock.

Nice job you jinxed your own team.

Now just think back to last year when the Cardinals went up against the hot juggernaut that was the Tigers and how it was all "Tigers in 3"

The Rockies have an equal lineup top to bottom, some spots better.

Definately better hitting at the shortstop position.

Heres the other thing, they have been an underdog since the playoff game.

They've got zippo to lose, they are Susan Lucci with the happy to be there.

I will give them a 40% chance to win. Boston should win in 6.

I'd like to see 6, if Boston wins, to see them win it in front of their fans.

Something they missed out on in 04.

resistanze
:lmao Even funnier now.

T Park
Jim, your predictions are KILLING ME! You better not jinx them! I will find you and hunt you down! How many dentists can there possibly be in College Station whose name is Jim

He will be like Louie Devo and fake his death on an airliner.

T Park
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
If thats true, boo on Cleveland..

Man they go to the Finals and the ALCS and they think they are fuckin championship central.

I will add on, thats also a stupid thing to do.

Now you just look like a city thats never been there before, when you actually HAVE been in 97.

T Park
10-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Ok if this was a choke.

Im not saying it is, I'll agree to disagree.

Wich is bigger.

This year, or the 04 Yankees.

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Not a choke

Baseball teams win and lose 3 straight all the damn time...it all depends on what pitcher gets hot at a given time. These teams were the best teams in baseball and it was destined to be an even seies...Boston got hot late, Cleveland early and only one game separated them.

Jimcs50
10-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Jim, your predictions are KILLING ME! You better not jinx them! I will find you and hunt you down! How many dentists can there possibly be in College Station whose name is Jim? :lol

Relax

Boston> Colorado

The best team will win.

dknights411
10-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Ok if this was a choke.

Im not saying it is, I'll agree to disagree.

Wich is bigger.

This year, or the 04 Yankees.

'04, because it's the only time in baseball history that someone blew a 3-0 series lead.

T Park
10-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Not a choke

Baseball teams win and lose 3 straight all the damn time...it all depends on what pitcher gets hot at a given time. These teams were the best teams in baseball and it was destined to be an even seies...Boston got hot late, Cleveland early and only one game separated them.

:clap

Thank you for agreeing with me.

Marklar MM
10-21-2007, 11:24 PM

Eh. I will say they pull a Cardinals and do the same.

T Park
10-21-2007, 11:25 PM
04, because it's the only time in baseball history that someone blew a 3-0 series lead.

Yeah didn't they lose game 3 like 12-3 or somethin like that?

I remember the Cardinals were up 2-0 in the series and I said "Man Cardinals Yankees replay of the 64 WS"

Then BAM.

Cardinals played and got smoked by the second hottest team in baseball history.

T Park
10-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Eh. I will say they pull a Cardinals and do the same.

Ah you see they can't cause they didn't win the World Series. :)

Small details my friend. :)

Marklar MM
10-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Ah you see they can't cause they didn't win the World Series. :)

Small details my friend. :)

But small details also say that Cleveland didn't make the World Series. :spin

Reggie Miller
10-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Getting into the playoffs from the AL Central is a major accomplishment in of itself. Ignoring the 2007 White Sox for the moment, there is only one weak sister in the division. Fans of AL Central teams also know that the Royals only win games against divisional opponents. Seriously, look at the splits from the last two seasons; it's sick.

Anyway, my point is that the Indians play in the overall toughest division, and getting back to this point will not be easy.

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Getting into the playoffs from the AL Central is a major accomplishment in of itself. Ignoring the 2007 White Sox for the moment, there is only one weak sister in the division. Fans of AL Central teams also know that the Royals only win games against divisional opponents. Seriously, look at the splits from the last two seasons; it's sick.

Anyway, my point is that the Indians play in the overall toughest division, and getting back to this point will not be easy.

It's not even out of the question for the White Sox to win 85 games next year and win the division. The Twins have 3-4 All Stars (if Hunter stays), Liriano will be back. The Tigers have an awesome team that was plauged by injuries, the Royals have great young talent (a pitcher that will be a stud for many years in Brian Bannister) and the White Sox have one of the biggest wallets in the league. So yeah it's a tough division to say the least.

DarkReign
10-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Props to the Sox, big ol' BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! to the Tribe.

That series almost looked like the choke job Detroit performed in the WS last year.

Almost.