PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Looking for Intern

Kori Ellis
10-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Internet/New Media Intern

http://www.attcenter.com/center_information/web_intern.asp

GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Help with day-to-day maintenance and content creation for Spurs.com, SARampage.com, SASilverstars.com, ATTCenter.com and Spursclearance.com.

Responsibilities:
Assist in Spurs, Rampage and Silver Stars gamenight coverage.
Attend team practices and other non-game events to collect online materials (i.e. player quotes, features, breaking news).
Develop written content including gathering of materials for the content.
Assist in processing orders for Spursclearance.com.
Provide as needed maintenance on Spurs.com, SARampage.com, SASilverstars.com, ATTCenter.com and Spursclearance.com.

Qualifications:
Attending four-year college/university.
Working toward Journalism, Communications or IT degree.
Able to work full season (Sept. - End of the NBA Playoffs) including some nights and weekends.
Knowledge of the NBA, WNBA and AHL.
Knowledge of HTML, Javascript, Flash and other programming languages. Must be familiar with WYSIWYG HTML editors such as Dreamweaver and image editing programs such as Photoshop.
Highly organized and great attention to detail.
Self-starter, highly motivated individual.
Ability to work with all types of people.
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.

If you are interested in this position and you meet the above requirements, please fax your resume to 210-444-5003, attn: Human Resources or mail your resume to:

Spurs Sports & Entertainment
Attn: Human Resources
One AT&T Center
San Antonio, TX 78219
Or you may email your resume to [email protected]

angel_luv
10-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Neat opportunity. Would be awesome if someone from here landed that job.

TheSanityAnnex
10-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Internet/New Media Intern

http://www.attcenter.com/center_information/web_intern.asp

GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Help with day-to-day maintenance and content creation for Spurs.com, SARampage.com, SASilverstars.com, ATTCenter.com and Spursclearance.com.

Responsibilities:
Assist in Spurs, Rampage and Silver Stars gamenight coverage.
Attend team practices and other non-game events to collect online materials (i.e. player quotes, features, breaking news).
Develop written content including gathering of materials for the content.
Assist in processing orders for Spursclearance.com.
Provide as needed maintenance on Spurs.com, SARampage.com, SASilverstars.com, ATTCenter.com and Spursclearance.com.

Qualifications:
Attending four-year college/university.
Working toward Journalism, Communications or IT degree.
Able to work full season (Sept. - End of the NBA Playoffs) including some nights and weekends.
Knowledge of the NBA, WNBA and AHL.
Knowledge of HTML, Javascript, Flash and other programming languages. Must be familiar with WYSIWYG HTML editors such as Dreamweaver and image editing programs such as Photoshop.
Highly organized and great attention to detail.
Self-starter, highly motivated individual.
Ability to work with all types of people.
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.

If you are interested in this position and you meet the above requirements, please fax your resume to 210-444-5003, attn: Human Resources or mail your resume to:

Spurs Sports & Entertainment
Attn: Human Resources
One AT&T Center
San Antonio, TX 78219
Or you may email your resume to [email protected]

You should have just emailed this to ashbeeigh. Now she can again use the 100 more qualified people excuse.

Melmart1
10-08-2007, 11:53 PM
I am not attending college, and I am not working towards a journalism degree ... but I am going to apply anyways ... at least they would have my resume, and since I work with minor league sports press releases, maybe they will keep me in mind for the future. One never knows ... :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-09-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm really wondering if I should apply for this.

Melmart1
10-09-2007, 12:43 AM
I prefer Adidas waaaay more than Nike... but JUST DO IT!

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-09-2007, 12:44 AM
I prefer Adidas waaaay more than Nike... but JUST DO IT!

Ha. I just bought an Adidas track jacket.

Melmart1
10-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Adidas rocks! I haven't bought Nike in over a decade, its all Adidas or New Balance for me ...

Anyways, apply! Duh!

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Adidas rocks! I haven't bought Nike in over a decade, its all Adidas or New Balance for me ...

Anyways, apply! Duh!

Alright... I'll update the resume tomorrow.

jman3000
10-09-2007, 11:44 AM
i have the majority of that... except for the degree you need to be pursuing.

PakiDan
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM

WELL, IF YOU LIKE MAKING THE SAME MONEY YOU WOULD WORKING PART TIME AT BURGER KING, AND WORKING WITH COCKY 20 YEAR OLD S.O.B.'S THAN HAVE AT IT...

OH WAIT... THAT'S THEIR FULL TIME STAFF, I DON'T THINK INTERNS ARE PAID.

PakiDan
10-09-2007, 12:17 PM
I am not attending college, and I am not working towards a journalism degree ... but I am going to apply anyways ... at least they would have my resume, and since I work with minor league sports press releases, maybe they will keep me in mind for the future. One never knows ... :)

I LIKE THAT SONG BY SUPERTRAMP.... "DREAMER".

Melmart1
10-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I LIKE THAT SONG BY SUPERTRAMP.... "DREAMER".
No need to be a jerk :rolleyes At least I am not afraid of trying or getting knocked down.

O-Factor
10-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Im reminded of "Only in dreams" by Weezer

Oh, Gee!!
10-09-2007, 01:19 PM
so what will Beno do?

Summers
10-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I wonder if they'll consider a nursing school dropout who doesn't give a crap about hockey and just wants to hang out quietly in the locker room...

Summers
10-09-2007, 02:29 PM
In all seriousness, those of you qualified in the least should definitely apply! :)

ploto
10-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry, but a lot of Spurs internships are not good. I know someone who put in about 60 hours a week while going to school full time-- who got paid $500 a month. Another person I know did get offered a job with the Spurs after spending an entire season doing an internship and graduating from college- they offered her $7 per hour.

PakiDan
10-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Sorry, but a lot of Spurs internships are not good. I know someone who put in about 60 hours a week while going to school full time-- who got paid $500 a month. Another person I know did get offered a job with the Spurs after spending an entire season doing an internship and graduating from college- they offered her $7 per hour.

This person speaks the truth. Believe me - I worked there. You get great fringe benefits, but fringe benefits don't pay the bills.

ducks
10-09-2007, 07:19 PM
ducks will get it

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-09-2007, 08:07 PM
ducks will get it

If Pop when shooters go, so was CIA.

T-Pain
10-09-2007, 08:07 PM
i would definitely apply for this, but im not pursuing the right degree...
but i do know some HTML and have some writing skills.

Hey Kori, can "desire and motivation" for this job possibly trump the requirement of having a communcations degree?