PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo: Romo's toe was in the crease!!!

Solid D
10-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Go Spurs!

:madrun :madrun :madrun

lefty
10-08-2007, 11:04 PM
WTF ??? :lol

Kori Ellis
10-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Buffalo fans crying after the game was classic.

It's Week 5 not the Super Bowl :lol

sa_kid20
10-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Fuck it!

GO SPURS!!!

Solid D
10-08-2007, 11:12 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/photos/nhl1.jpg

http://photos.dallasstarsforever.com/albums/userpics/10003/normal_2gm6finals550.jpg

http://photos.dallasstarsforever.com/albums/userpics/10003/normal_matty8x6.jpg

Solid D
10-08-2007, 11:20 PM
I feel bad for the Buffalo fans and the Bills organization. They played their hearts out and their fans are as passionate as Spurs fans and twice as loud.

Samr
10-08-2007, 11:27 PM
That game was awesome. I got to see the Cowboys win.... twice.

And to anyone watching Tony Romo try to talk during his press conference, is it just me or does he act like he suffered a concussion? Dude is talking all loopy.

timvp
10-08-2007, 11:32 PM
their fans are as passionate as Spurs fans and twice as loud.Ticketmaster.com must work better up in Buffalo . . .

exstatic
10-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Props to the fans, but 3 returns does not a great game make, Bills.

AlamoSpursFan
10-09-2007, 01:24 AM
For the record, Hull #1 was forced into the crease by a defender and #2 was in what passes for "hot pursuit" of the puck by NHL standards. That makes the goal legal on 2 different fronts. Buffalo fans are too myopic to see the truth. They LOST!

K-State Spur
10-09-2007, 01:37 AM
there should be an investigation as to whether or not Jauron and the defensive coaches had money on the Cowboys with the defensive sets they put out there on the final drive.

PM5K
10-09-2007, 02:26 AM
there should be an investigation as to whether or not Jauron and the defensive coaches had money on the Cowboys with the defensive sets they put out there on the final drive.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about Romo, you almost have to try to play that badly..

Holt's Cat
10-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Neither team deserved to win. Of course, 'deserve' has nothing to do with it. Glad it worked out the way it did.

:smokin

Spurs Dynasty 21
10-09-2007, 11:20 AM
I feel bad for the Buffalo fans and the Bills organization. They played their hearts out and their fans are as passionate as Spurs fans and twice as loud.

Spurs fans don't even get riled up for playoffs games, let alone sell out a WCF home game

the Duncan era is being taken for granted

Duff McCartney
10-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Lost in all this Buffalo hoopla is the fact that their offense only managed to score 3 measly points. Terrible...you can't win a game like that.

FromWayDowntown
10-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Spurs fans don't even get riled up for playoffs games, let alone sell out a WCF home game

I spent part of my weekend transferring recordings of the 1999 Finals games from VHS to DVD and was struck by the raw emotions of the 1999 crowds -- far louder and more boisterous than I remembered. For comparison's sake, I put in a tape of Game 6 of the 2005 Finals and was struck by the difference. Of course, then I re-watched part of Game 7 in 2005 and felt much better about the effort of Spurs fans.

The notion that this era is being taken for granted, though, is absolutely correct. Spurs fans are spoi-yulled right now. They don't get into most regular season games and struggle to provide much of a home court advantage in some early-round playoff games. They were really good in the Western Conference Semi-Finals in 2007, though, so there's hope.

Cry Havoc
10-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Not to mention the HORRIFIC missed called that ruled T.O. was not pushed out, when clearly he would have had a very good chance to catch the ball inbounds for a huge gain.

LilMissSPURfect
10-09-2007, 12:15 PM
what crease and what toe we talkin bout

Solid D
10-09-2007, 01:27 PM
what crease and what toe we talkin bout

The Dallas Stars played the Buffalo Sabres in the NHL Stanley Cup Finals in 1999. It was a close, tough series and Dallas won in 6 games but there was a controversial ending to Game 6, a triple overtime affair that ended with Dallas' Brett Hull scoring the Cup-winning goal on a rebound with his left skate partially in the goal crease. At the time, NHL rules stated that goals were not allowed if a player shot the puck from inside the crease (rectangular box in front of the goal), with some judgment-type exceptions. The goal by Hull was allowed by the officials and upheld by the league.

Dallas has gotten the best of Buffalo in two Super Bowls, as well, and Buffalo's bad luck in sports is one of legend (see "Music City miracle"). The movie "Bruce Almighty" used this bad luck city tag as one of the underlying stories in that Jim Carrey flick.

This Cowboys miracle finish over Buffalo just adds to the legend.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-09-2007, 05:08 PM

So you're way of not taking it for granted is constantly talking about Scola. :tu

Phenomanul
10-09-2007, 06:36 PM
The Dallas Stars played the Buffalo Sabres in the NHL Stanley Cup Finals in 1999. It was a close, tough series and Dallas won in 6 games but there was a controversial ending to Game 6, a triple overtime affair that ended with Dallas' Brett Hull scoring the Cup-winning goal on a rebound with his left skate partially in the goal crease. At the time, NHL rules stated that goals were not allowed if a player shot the puck from inside the crease (rectangular box in front of the goal), with some judgment-type exceptions. The goal by Hull was allowed by the officials and upheld by the league.

Dallas has gotten the best of Buffalo in two Super Bowls, as well, and Buffalo's bad luck in sports is one of legend (see "Music City miracle"). The movie "Bruce Almighty" used this bad luck city tag as one of the underlying stories in that Jim Carrey flick.

This Cowboys miracle finish over Buffalo just adds to the legend.

Thanks for the clarification....

ShoogarBear
10-09-2007, 07:41 PM
WTF? Why are all you closet Mav Fans in here talking about the Cowboys? :flipoff

Holt's Cat
10-10-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCiQASnw6o

sa_butta
10-10-2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCiQASnw6oNice!!!:lol

Holt's Cat
10-10-2007, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmouuw8RSUo&NR=1

Extra Stout
10-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the clarification....
You'll be expected to retutn the favor when employing soccer references.