PDA

View Full Version : Apartment

thispego
10-09-2007, 10:53 AM
I live in an apartment that is three storie with breezeways running through. I live in the 3rd story and a neighbor below me, on the opposite side of the breezeway leaves their trashcan outside their front door. I usually go down the staircase on my side and when I pass the second level I get that faint trash smell. When I go down the other staircase I straight up have to hold my breath until I get all the way down. There was even a dirty diaper in there one day!! :vomit:

So what should I do?

BigBeezie
10-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Kick their door in and mushroom slap everyone in the apartment.

Summers
10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Ask the management to speak with them. Depending on your management, this is probably a minor lease violation and they can mention to the tenants that trash on the breezeway isn't cool.

whottt
10-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Challenge the dude to a game of basketball....if he loses, he has to stop that shit permanently. And carry your trash down all 3 stories for a month.

PS: When we having a GTG Brah? I'm ready. You still got the grill?

thispego
10-09-2007, 11:08 AM
damn, i just submitted it, how do i already have three responses?? my original poll option were too long!! but come on, ya'll dont think i should just kick their can over?

thispego
10-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Challenge the dude to a game of basketball....if he loses, he has to stop that shit permanently. And carry your trash down all 3 stories for a month.

PS: When we having a GTG Brah? I'm ready. You still got the grill?
I'm at the apt now so no grill, but there is a grill right down by the pool. first game of the season im down brah

jman3000
10-09-2007, 11:10 AM
first a and then b.

Summers
10-09-2007, 11:20 AM
:lol As an apartment manager, the only option I'm condoning is mine.

thispego
10-09-2007, 11:26 AM
:lol As an apartment manager, the only option I'm condoning is mine.
Oh yeah Summers! I forgot you were a apt manager! So you're saying i should kick their trash can over?

Axe Murderer
10-09-2007, 11:29 AM
PM me with their information, I'll take care of your problem for you.

BacktoBasics
Why do people insist on going above people for results. Write a small letter letting them know its a minor issue and tape it to their door. Nuff said. I'm sure they'll accomodate, if they don't then bitch to the apartment staff.

thispego
Kick their door in and mushroom slap everyone in the apartment.
hey what's mushroom slap and do you think this will do the trick?

thispego
10-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Why do people insist on going above people for results. Write a small letter letting them know its a minor issue and tape it to their door. Nuff said. I'm sure they'll accomodate, if they don't then bitch to the apartment staff.
well my first instinct is to go with option c, then a, then d, then b

thispego
10-09-2007, 11:31 AM
PM me with their information, I'll take care of your problem for you.
are you gonna do sketch comedy for them until they comply?

Sunshine
10-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm with taping a polite note to the door asking them to please not leave their trash in the breezeway as it doesn't smell very good and could potentially invite unwanted guests! (mice, roaches, ants)

At my apartments (which I'm moving out of this month...yea!) it's a lease violation to leave trash on your porch, although I AM guilty of doing this from time to time, especially if it's dark out and I don't want to walk to the dumpster by myself. My nextdoor neighbor and I had this little unwritten thing where if I was leaving my apartment, and he had a bag of trash by his door, I'd take it to the dumpster and he'd do the same for me. If there was a dirty diaper in the trash, then there could be a single mom living there who can't always run the trash down when it needs to go...leaving her baby alone might be an issue. But I'd be more tolerant of it if I knew that was the case as opposed to someone being just downright lazy and not wanting to trot their ass down the stairs and out to the dumpster.

Edited to add: I just reread your post and saw the part where they keep the can outside...as in all the time! I thought maybe they just put a trashbag out now and then...that's different! Yeah, they need to keep it inside.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Move.

thispego
10-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm with taping a polite note to the door asking them to please not leave their trash in the breezeway as it doesn't smell very good and could potentially invite unwanted guests! (mice, roaches, ants)

At my apartments (which I'm moving out of this month...yea!) it's a lease violation to leave trash on your porch, although I AM guilty of doing this from time to time, especially if it's dark out and I don't want to walk to the dumpster by myself. My nextdoor neighbor and I had this little unwritten thing where if I was leaving my apartment, and he had a bag of trash by his door, I'd take it to the dumpster and he'd do the same for me. If there was a dirty diaper in the trash, then there could be a single mom living there who can't always run the trash down when it needs to go...leaving her baby alone might be an issue. But I'd be more tolerant of it if I knew that was the case as opposed to someone being just downright lazy and not wanting to trot their ass down the stairs and out to the dumpster.

Edited to add: I just reread your post and saw the part where they keep the can outside...as in all the time! I thought maybe they just put a trashbag out now and then...that's different! Yeah, they need to keep it inside.
yeah, the trash can is out there all day everyday. It's really their next door neighbor who I feel bad for. Everytime they walk out their front door there is that smelly trashcan. I think I'll just get really drunk tonight and go kick it over.

thispego
10-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Move.
out of the questions jb. i just moved in and it is a primo spot. Maybe the best apartment in the whole complex.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-09-2007, 12:41 PM
out of the questions jb. i just moved in and it is a primo spot. Maybe the best apartment in the whole complex.

Then going with Summers idea is probably your best bet.

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Next time you have to take the trash out, leave it in front of their door, and if someone says something, tell them that you were under the mistaken impression that it was a community drop-off point and that the tennants in that apt. would take it out the rest of the way to the dumpster.

whottt
10-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm at the apt now so no grill, but there is a grill right down by the pool. first game of the season im down brah

Ok sounds good. Game 1!

thispego
10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Next time you have to take the trash out, leave it in front of their door, and if someone says something, tell them that you were under the mistaken impression that it was a community drop-off point and that the tennants in that apt. would take it out the rest of the way to the dumpster.
good idea. that would save me time also

thispego
10-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Ok sounds good. Game 1!
alright, you bring the bbq and i'll supply the smoke

whottt
10-09-2007, 01:55 PM
I'll bring some of those fries too, the real ones.

Soul_Patch
10-09-2007, 01:59 PM
im all with dropping people in the grease...rat on em to the apartment managers!!!

Summers
10-09-2007, 02:25 PM
im all with dropping people in the grease...rat on em to the apartment managers!!!

It's not ratting out so much as taking care of the problem efficiently. In my experience as a manager, people who give a crap about what their neighbors think don't do things like leave their trash outside all day long. They're not going to get evicted over it; no need to feel badly.

Cry Havoc
10-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Asking first is always the best. If you go over their head, it might piss them off to their neighbors even if they don't know who asked.

If you ask them nicely, it might get taken care of without having to bug management about it.

ploto
10-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I think if you tell them how bad it smells, then they will probably tell you that this is why they have it outside!

Call me a skeptic, but if they are already that inconsiderate then talking to them will probably do no good. Then, when you go to management, they will know it was you. Best to go to management and let them handle it so these people don't know you are the one who complained.

thispego
10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
what if, instead of that, I prop the trash can up against their door, then when they open it up in the morning it falls in spilling at their feet. ehhh?? ehh???

whottt
10-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I think if you tell them how bad it smells, then they will probably tell you that this is why they have it outside!

Call me a skeptic, but if they are already that inconsiderate then talking to them will probably do no good. Then, when you go to management, they will know it was you. Best to go to management and let them handle it so these people don't know you are the one who complained.

Well...at least we know one of the people that complained about the troll forum now...

Good job pego.

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-09-2007, 03:09 PM
what if, instead of that, I prop the trash can up against their door, then when they open it up in the morning it falls in spilling at their feet. ehhh?? ehh???

:clap

thispego
10-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Well...at least we know one of the people that complained about the troll forum now...

Good job pego.
i does what i can

CavsSuperFan
10-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Try being very nice to your neighbor & calmly express your complaint...Maybe bring them a small gift, bottle of wine when you talk to them...I know it does not work when trying to get a date but it will work with your fellow apartment dwellers.....

thispego
10-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Try being very nice to your neighbor & calmly express your complaint...Maybe bring them a small gift, bottle of wine when you talk to them...I know it does not work when trying to get a date but it will work with your fellow apartment dwellers.....
get them a gift? what the fuck?

CavsSuperFan
10-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Flowers, Chocolates, bottle of JD...
Do something nice if you want them to work with you...It is better than walking past a pale of dirty diapers every morning...

tlongII
10-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Tell the manager. That way you can avoid having them know it was you that complained. That is what apt managers are for.

thispego
10-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Flowers, Chocolates, bottle of JD...
Do something nice if you want them to work with you...It is better than walking past a pale of dirty diapers every morning...
but wouldn't it be less expensive/more funny to scatter their waste on their welcome mat? I mean.. they won't know it was me, and they'll probably think "damn, guess we wont leave the trashcan outside anymore, someone will dump it again."

thispego
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Tell the manager. That way you can avoid having them know it was you that complained. That is what apt managers are for.
the thing is.. it's not a HUGE problem for me. I normally take the opposite staircase. But just as a matterof principle i should teach them a lesson the hard way. I mean that's just plain inconsiderate, there is no way they could have not considered their neighbors and just said 'fuck it' anyways.

ploto
10-09-2007, 06:59 PM

Good job pego.
I have NEVER complained about the troll forum- or anything else for that matter. People have called me a c&%$ and a b^%$# and sent me all kinds of messages and I have never sent one PM to Kori whining about it. You think I really care enough about what anyone thinks here to hide... Give me a break. This situation is about neighbors who live next to you and can cause you problems.

whottt
10-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Sure ploto...that's what they all say.

Cant_Be_Mated
10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
whottt hopes they clean that shit up before his next booty call i saiddddddddd

Cant_Be_Faded
10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
lol at gtownspur taking a break from licking ass to post as CBM
:tu

ploto
10-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Sure ploto...that's what they all say.
Ask Kori. I don't care. Why would I complain about the troll forum? The one person who wrote something "mean" to me there-- I sent him a PM to tell him it was really funny!

Cant_Be_Mated
10-09-2007, 07:24 PM
uh oh the truth hurts i saidddd

chode bloadded victoria irrelevant except for my dick sucking buddies

Cant_Be_Faded
10-09-2007, 07:29 PM
LOLOL You L too much A, i said.

whottt
10-09-2007, 07:30 PM
lol at gtownspur taking a break from licking ass to post as CBM

That troll's wit is a little too scathing for gtown...

gtown=idiot

I'm callin' MB.

MB=genuine shithead

I forget exactly which post he made that tipped me it was MB for certain...but trust me, there was one.

I'm like 95% on nailing MB trolls too...I think one time I thought a Chalupa troll was MB, other than that...

thispego
10-09-2007, 07:42 PM
do you nail them sexually?

Cant_Be_Mated
10-09-2007, 07:58 PM
whotgt wants to suck mb off isaiddiwish he'd do me again

Marcus Вryant
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
whotgt wants to suck mb off isaiddiwish he'd do me again

:rolleyes

you embarrass me personality 57

be gone

Shelly
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM

And for good measure, throw in a flaming bag o' poo!

thispego
10-09-2007, 11:02 PM

And for good measure, throw in a flaming bag o' poo!

i dont know, my apartments pretty close. that could get out of hand

BeerIsGood!
10-09-2007, 11:35 PM
alright, you bring the bbq and i'll supply the smoke

I want some smoke!

thispego
10-09-2007, 11:47 PM
I want some smoke!
If you're from Austin then you are welcome to join. Actually, you dont even have to be from Austin, just willing to travel there.

TDMVPDPOY
10-09-2007, 11:53 PM
lay a shit on there doorstep

thispego
10-09-2007, 11:56 PM
too risky

BeerIsGood!
10-09-2007, 11:57 PM
If you're from Austin then you are welcome to join. Actually, you dont even have to be from Austin, just willing to travel there.

Cool, I live in Dallas but still have family and friends in Austin and go back from time to time. Next time I go I'll see if y'all are doing anything.

BeerIsGood!
10-09-2007, 11:58 PM

Yep, that's going to improve the smell dramatically.

thispego
10-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Cool, I live in Dallas but still have family and friends in Austin and go back from time to time. Next time I go I'll see if y'all are doing anything.
sweeet

BeerIsGood!
10-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I know for sure I'll definitely be there in early March for the HS basketball championships but probably before then too

thispego
10-10-2007, 12:04 AM
whottts the meat man. ehhhhhhhhhh... for BBQ!