PDA

View Full Version : The Official Brent Barry Playing Time Thread

ChumpDumper
12-17-2004, 10:50 PM
For those keeping track from December 17th on*

Games: 11

Total Minutes: 168

Minutes Per Game: 15.27

*due to injury, the following game is not included in the average: 12/30/04 vs. Portland (Ginobili)

whottt
12-17-2004, 10:55 PM
Actually we should start it at the game where he played 2 minutes or go back and start it from the Detroit game where he started getting yanked...

But whatever. If it's that close to where 1 game makes the difference I'll still be pissed..

By the way...you notice Parker, Manu, Bruce 0-6 from 3 point range...

This is exactly why I don't want guys like Barry and Horry dropped from the rotation.

timvp
12-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Whottt is going to get owned in this thread.

mattyc
12-17-2004, 10:57 PM
No-one is playing bad enough to have minutes taken away from them at the moment. Simple as that.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Actually we should start it at the game where he played 2 minutes or go back and start it from the Detroit game where he started getting yanked...Damn, trying to weasel already? That didn't take long.

Entertaining.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Sorry, but that lineup of Tim, Horry, Brent, Beno, and Manu owned the New Orleans zone, which had previously been kicking the shit out of our offense.

Let him play.

exstatic
12-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Don't you, like, have to admit a mistake on viewpoint to be owned? Or keep to a consistant position without flip flopping?

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:04 PM
LOL whatsamatta TimVP? Still chapped over your AJ poll?

As I told Chump earlier...when he/she/it said I would be forced to root against Barry getting minutes..Wrong. I don't work that way.

True, I love being right and letting others know about it...but what you will find out is that I never have a problem admitting I am wrong...you just don't see it because it doesn't happen that often. In this case..

I want Barry to get minutes, the Spurs winning the title is my ultimate goal.

If it happens I'll admit I was wrong and I will also be much happier, since our team will be better than the defensive stiff Pop usually likes to build...

By the way...you think Horry might be able to crack 59 in your grades for a change? I mean it's only fair since Malik can go 0-5 and still pull a 98.

timvp
12-17-2004, 11:06 PM
It sucks that Brent Barry is going to be this generation's Steve Kerr. Whenever the Spurs lose or aren't scoring at will, the "Why Isn't Brent Barry In The Game?" mantra will be heard from the whiny fans.

:shootme

Kori Ellis
12-17-2004, 11:07 PM
By the way...you think Horry might be able to crack 59 in your grades for a change? I mean it's only fair since Malik can go 0-5 and still pull a 98.

Pay attention.

Horry is averaging like an 84 on the season.

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Sorry, but that lineup of Tim, Horry, Brent, Beno, and Manu owned the New Orleans zone, which had previously been kicking the shit out of our offense.

Let him play.

AHF how dare you point out the Sours are a smarter and smoother team when guys like Horry and Barry are on the court...get off their nuts.

They deserve hate...only hate.

exstatic
12-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Horry played great tonight. I thought it was his best effort of the season, and not just because he banged down some treys. He actually looked like he was trying to get rebounds, instead of watching the action.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2004, 11:10 PM
From what I saw on GameChannel, the lineups sure favored PT for Horry -- and if Barry was trying on D as LJ said, this was a sucker bet.

timvp
12-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Yeah, Horry was rebounding tonight ... which was great to see. My only beef with him this year has been lack of rebounding, so if he can do that I'm all for him seeing playing time.

Whottt, on the other hand, agrees to bets he'll never win and has to make stuff up and switch the subject to try to be right.

Kori Ellis
12-17-2004, 11:12 PM
This was like Horry's second or third good game of the season. In the beginning of the year, he was horrible on both ends of the court.

My favorite lineup is actually Tim, Malik, Bowen, Barry, Beno (or Parker).

No offense to Manu.

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah, Horry was rebounding tonight ... which was great to see. My only beef with him this year has been lack of rebounding, so if he can do that I'm all for him seeing playing time.

Whottt, on the other hand, agrees to bets he'll never win and has to make stuff up and switch the subject to try to be right.

LOL I have no power to archive threads or change my title...If I did I would archive bet threads.

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:15 PM
It sucks that Brent Barry is going to be this generation's Steve Kerr. Whenever the Spurs lose or aren't scoring at will, the "Why Isn't Brent Barry In The Game?" mantra will be heard from the whiny fans.

:shootme

So what are you saying?

That the Kerr whiners were wrong? :shootyou

And I wouldn't compare Barry to Kerr just yet anyway. Barry hasn't proven anything. But at least give him the chance....is all I am asking.

exstatic
12-17-2004, 11:15 PM
My favorite group is the one that finished Wednesday's game:
Beno
Devin
Malik
Manu
Tim

Pop seems to be playing more different combos this year than in years past. Wasn't Mass out there in the second period? I was like, WTF?

Kori Ellis
12-17-2004, 11:17 PM
^^ I like that group too. I love Beno/Devin/Malik on the floor together. They play together like they've been doing it for ages.

There's so much to like about the depth of this Spurs team; it's great.

When the Spurs play the Suns, I'd like them to experiment with just Tim, three swingmen, and a point. :wow

ChumpDumper
12-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Pop seems to be playing more different combos this year than in years past.Lots to choose from.
Wasn't Mass out there in the second period? I was like, WTF?small ball = less Rasho

timvp
12-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Parker and Udrih at the same time was wicked. If the other team goes to a zone, Pop should use Parker, Udrih, Barry (or Manu), Horry and Duncan.

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Damn, trying to weasel already? That didn't take long.

Entertaining.

But whatever. If it's that close to where 1 game makes the difference I'll still be pissed..

Convenient of you to leave that part out.

timvp
12-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Whottt, I'll bet you $1000 from jimcs50 that you won't win the lottery within a year.

Deal?

ChumpDumper
12-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Why include it? That was the resignation after the weaseling.

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Why include it? That was the resignation after the weaseling.

No...because his last game was his low point that's why. That was the genesis of the bet...actually it was the Detroit game. But I did say from this point on...

It's not that big of deal...which was why I pretty much conceded the issue and was labeled a weasel for doing so.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2004, 11:27 PM
No...because his last game was his low point that's why. That was the genesis of the bet...actually it was the Detroit game. But I did say from this point on...So STFU.
It's not that big of deal...which was why I pretty much conceded the issue and was labeled a weasel for doing so.I can't blame a guy for trying.

I can call him a weasel, even if it's only an attempted weaselation.

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:35 PM
So STFU.I can't blame a guy for trying.

I can call him a weasel, even if it's only an attempted weaselation.

Well technically I did say "from this point on" prior to this game. I did not say "starting with the next game".

Read the thread.

I'm not weaseling...you OTOH couldn't wait to go to start a thread with a 16 minute game as your starting point....I don't blame you. Obviously you are less comfortable with your end of it then I am.

If 14 minuts will swing the bet to one of us or the other...I'll still end up being not to happy about things with the rotation probably.

And I'll be the big man about it like I was with TimVP, when I told him to go ahead and change my title if he really felt he won the bet...even though he's never been able to prove AJ was offered a contract and if he has he has never told me about it......when the Spurs had both an assistant coaching slot and a 3rd string PG slot open.

I'm a big guy...I hope I get smeared in this bet...I may lose a bet but my basketball season will be much more enjoyable.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Well technically I did say "from this point on" prior to this game. I did not say "starting with the next game". Wow. Weasel of the year material.
I'm not weaseling...you OTOH couldn't wait to go to start a thread with a 16 minute game as your starting point....I don't blame you. Obviously you are less comfortable with your end of it then I am.I couldn't wait to keep a record that starts out, to only my slight surprise, heavily in my favor, How could I possibly be uncomfortable with that? To be less comfortable than you I'd have to do something like -- oh, I don't know -- dispute the terms of the bet?
I'm a big guy.A huge weasel of a guy.
I hope I get smeared in this bet.Then STFU with your technicalities.

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Wow. Weasel of the year material.I couldn't wait to keep a record that starts out, to only my slight surprise, heavily in my favor, how could I possibly be uncomfortable.

If you are so comfortable why are you calling me a weasel for doing essentially the same thing you did?

To be less comfortable than you I'd have to do something like -- oh, I don't know -- dispute the terms of the bet?A huge weasel of a guy.Then STFU with your technicalities.

I didn't dispute it...the truth is we never actually qualified a starting point..it was a grey area that was not discussed...

But I'll go ahead and let you have your way...I have a soft spot for desperate people.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2004, 11:47 PM
If you are so comfortable why are you calling me a weasel for doing essentially the same thing you did?You posted Barry's minutes? Link?
I didn't dispute it...the truth is we never actually qualified a starting point..it was a grey area that was not discussed...Shall I define "is" for you as well?

http://kaweahoaks.com/html/weasel_face01.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-17-2004, 11:47 PM
When the Spurs play the Suns, I'd like them to experiment with just Tim, three swingmen, and a point.

Kori, I don't think it'll be experimentation. I think it'll be necessary for us to win.

Tony vs. Nash
Manu vs. QRich
Devin vs. Joe Johnson
Bowen vs. Matrix
Tim vs. Amare

whottt
12-17-2004, 11:49 PM
You posted Barry's minutes? Link?Shall I define "is" for you as well?

No, I wasn't that deseperate...

Ask smeagol and Nikos...we were talking about the bet in the chat the instant you entered it and every thing went "array"

smeagol said you were going to give me grief over Barry's minutes and I said I don't care...I hope I'm wrong.

So why would I be desperate about a bet I don't really want to win?

Kori Ellis
12-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Kori, I don't think it'll be experimentation. I think it'll be necessary for us to win.

It depends if the Spurs are going to try to matchup with the Suns ... or they are going to run their regular lineup and hope the Suns try to matchup with them. It will be interesting. And I'm sure fun to watch.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2004, 11:59 PM
So why would I be desperate about a bet I don't really want to win? Look, if it didn't mean so much to you, you wouldn't have come right out of the gate with your technicalities and general weaseldom. I knew this bet would be a treat because it would pit your two great rasions d'etre -- playing a three point shooter and always being right -- squarely against each other.

You have not disappointed.

http://www.geocities.com/furry_world/island/weasel-white_fur_on_snow_forest_edge-closeup-s2.jpg

Happy Holidays.

whottt
12-18-2004, 12:04 AM
Look, if it didn't mean so much to you, you wouldn't have come right out of the gate with your technicalities and general weaseldom. I knew this bet would be a treat because it would pit your two great rasions d'etre -- playing a three point shooter and always being right -- squarely against each other.

You have not disappointed.

Happy Holidays.

Actually...playing Barry will increase the chances of me being right about the thing I most want to be right about...since the biggest prediction I made was that the Spurs would win 65+ games and win the NBA Championship.

That's what I want to be right about. And I don't think it will happen unless Barry is getting important minutes...ditto Horry...and yes believe it or not ditto Brown and Udrih...

If it swing the other way and those guys start getting the dead spot in the rotation...I am likely to bitch just as much but for different reasons.

In a nutshell...we have an incredibly deep bench...our 9th and 10th men are not typical 9th and 10th men...and it is stupid not to use them.

I'm not like you Chump...I'm right most of the time so I don't have to get desperate about it...

whottt
12-18-2004, 12:07 AM
BTW...I'll also be right about the impact Barry has on the game, even if his shot doesn't fall..or if it does.....I'm not putting too much stock into this game, against the worst team in the NBA...

ChumpDumper
12-18-2004, 12:10 AM
This bet is so unimportant to me I will post in this thread for the rest of the season and protest the terms of the bet and pretend I am not protesting the terms of the bet because this bet is so unimportant to me because I want to lose although if I can somehow weasel out of the bet that would be nice because I could still be right about this bet that is so unimportant to me that I won't post in this thread anymore well maybe one more time just try to sneak in a technicaity to prove this wasn't really the bet I made even though it really isDelicious.

whottt
12-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Copycat. I'm not protesting anything...I'm letting you have your way.

And if I were you I'd run the total in your sig. This thread might get long and the details might get harder to track.

Meanwhile...take a look at my sig...if I wanted to be right more than I want to win would I still have that sig? Would I be calling for Devin to start?

And that wasn't even a bet. But there it remains in it's original form.

Is that the sig of a weasel?

Figure it out.

I'll be happy when the only guys getting the shit spot of the rotation are Massenburg edit:and Wilks. Try not to get confused.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Goddammit I'll post in this thread all fucking night to show how unimportant this bet is to me!

whottt
12-18-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm a copycat, and too dumb to realize that I started this thread and started making weasel accusations, how dare whottt defend himself

ChumpDumper
12-18-2004, 12:29 AM
Yep, all goddam night.Relax, even if you lose -- you win.

Except that you lose.

Good night.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Kori,

Pop always seems to be about the matchups, and there's nothing good about any matchup between Rasho and any of the Suns.

whottt
12-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Kettle, you're black

wildbill2u
12-18-2004, 01:36 PM
This was like Horry's second or third good game of the season. In the beginning of the year, he was horrible on both ends of the court.

No offense to Manu.

Horry plays a good game once in a while when he wakes up. It's just a tease though, as Houston found out over the years. He never plays up to potential or with great desire. Just enough to be kept around.

smeagol
12-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Ask smeagol and Nikos...we were talking about the bet in the chat the instant you entered it and every thing went "array"

smeagol said you were going to give me grief over Barry's minutes and I said I don't care...I hope I'm wrong.
True. And my prediction came true (Chump is using this thread to "rub it in whottt's face"). For more info, it happened at half time.

We were also wondering if you Chump are a man or a woman. I actually asked the question, but all that could be seen was "Array Array Array Array Array".

Just out of curiosity, are you a man or a woman?

whottt
12-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the back up smeagol.

whottt
12-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Games: 2
Total Minutes: 27
MPG: 13.5

Hmmm again as the opponents W-L record goes up Barry's minutes seem to go down...

But still...I like that Pop went to him when we were struggling offensively, the situation was different...so like I said...it's not about minutes, it's about the situations, in particular when the O is shit.

I think my point was proved pretty emphatically..,,for those that weren't paying attention the first 18 games of the season.

Yes Parker was the workhorse...but Brent Barry totally changed our offense, he would have even if he hadn't hit a shot.

I wish someone would post how many of Barry's shots have ended an extended scoring drought or tied the score...I have a feeling it would be in the high 89% bracket.

Back to tonight..we started running like crazy and he was the catalyst for that change. I hope Pop decides to give him more chances in bigger games. This guy runs the break as fundamentally sound as you can do it...even Pop has to like the way he does it, and I think he'll be even more effective at it against teams with strong D and weak O. He's flawless at doing this and you can see his years of experience in Seattle when he does it here.

Barry is a better transition player than even Manu or Parker IMO, and I would have never thought that before seeing them all on the court together. Barry's jsut as good at passing, spectacular passes, and he doesn't make the bonehead TO's.

ChumpDumper
12-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Total Minutes: 27
MPG: 13.5Ok, either you are too stupid read boxes correctly, too stupid to calculate an average ot two whole numbers or you are trying to weasel further by making up lower minute totals for Barry.

I would believe any one or all of the above.

whottt
12-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Ok, either you are too stupid read boxes correctly, too stupid to calculate an average ot two whole numbers or you are trying to weasel further by making up lower minute totals for Barry.

I would believe any one or all of the above.

Actually ass, it's none of the above. That total is what ESPN said his minutes were at the end of last nights game so STFU with the stupid accusations of weaseling.

LMAO I guess we know which one of us is truly scraping for minutes. Calm down.

Total minutes: 30
MPG: 15

You got your precious 1.5 minutes back. Better now bitch?

Some people are so fucking petty.

ALVAREZ6
12-19-2004, 12:33 PM
:fro :smokin :hat :drunk
Here we go again...

another episode of Chumpdumper vs. Whottt

ChumpDumper
12-19-2004, 12:43 PM
So, Whottt's wrong again.

Nothing new.

whottt
12-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Yawn

whottt
12-19-2004, 12:51 PM
If I were you I'd be worried, teams don't get much worse than GS and NO, Barry has played fairly well in both stints, especially against GS, Devin has been cold and making some bad plays, and Barry still hasn't played his season average in either of these games.

I'm not convinced Pop has pulled his head out of his ass yet, and unfortunately I might still win this bet, which would probably be a bad thing IMO.

ChumpDumper
12-19-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm not worried at all.

whottt
12-19-2004, 01:38 PM
Oh really?...you must be even more, one with the Pop sac, than usual.

Dense minds think alike.

ChumpDumper
12-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Dense minds think alike.Well both you and BigVee said < 10 minutes, so I agree with that.

whottt
12-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Well both you and BigVee said > 10 minutes, so I agree with that.

LOL, if I was a petty and desperate cunt, like some in this thread, I might try to claim some kind of scoreboard off that honest mistake you just made. But since I'm not, I won't.

Chuckle.

ChumpDumper
12-19-2004, 01:58 PM
You just did.

Sue my typo.

whottt
12-19-2004, 01:59 PM
weasel

ChumpDumper
12-19-2004, 02:03 PM
A weasel like you would try to change the meaning of ">".

I mistyped and changed it after your gracious correction, but if you want to try to distract yourself from being wrong about Barry's pt over and over again, be my guest. You don't fool us.

whottt
12-19-2004, 02:08 PM
I very well could end up being wrong about the bet, and Pop may prove himself to not be the offensive clown I think he is...but we won't know that for quite a while.

And if I am wrong about it, I'll be happy about it and simply admit it. Unfortunately for you, it won't make all my other "right" wrong , nor will it fix what is wrong with you...

Now then, go away with your petty insults. I've got better things to do, and frankly, I'm better than this kind of slumming.

SequSpur
12-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Barry > Manu.

Experiment2100
12-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Barry > Manu.

Based on what?

SequSpur
12-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Because I said so. Manu is out of control. Barry has been a solid player for years, he comes from a family that is the definition of basketball. Plus he won the slam dunk contest.

:lol

ChumpDumper
12-19-2004, 02:14 PM
I've got better things to do, and frankly, I'm better than this kind of slumming.No one is holding a gun to your head, spanky. Just keep an eye on the totals in the first post (leave the math to the folks who can add, m'kay?), accept your continued wrongness and STFU.

timvp
12-19-2004, 03:30 PM

True.

whottt
12-19-2004, 04:06 PM
So will you like me more if that happens, like you do point guards that it happens too?

smeagol
12-19-2004, 07:48 PM
The reality is that after watching yesterday's game, its cristal clear that this team plays the best basketball when Barry is playing well. So for that to happen, Barry needs to play.

Pop needs to get the best out of Barry, not yank him if his defence is sub-par or if his shots are not falling.

As for the bet, I would like Chump to win, because I want Barry to play not 12-15 minutes, but 20.

But I agree philosophically with whottt. Pop has not proven to be a good ofensive coach. He has not handled well the situation with Barry; he restricts Manu too much (all the Pop-lovers will be on my case now).

Hope Pop proves me wrong.

ALVAREZ6
12-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Barry > Manu.

MANU > Barry

so what if he won the dunk contest, he can't today!

whats more important, the dunk contest or a GOLD MEDAL?

BigVee
12-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Well both you and BigVee said < 10 minutes, so I agree with that.

Didn't want you to think I had disappeared on this. I just don't have enough time to fully engage on these things. I stand by what I said......a less than 10 minute average from the other day. If I am wrong the Spurs will be better off for it. But a couple of stints against shitty teams when the starters aren't interested hasn't changed my mind. Let's see what happens when Minn comes to town. That will give us a look at where Pop's head is re: BB playing time.

whottt
12-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Games: 3
Total Mins: 37
MPG: 12.3

And this:

If I were you I'd be worried, teams don't get much worse than GS and NO, Barry has played fairly well in both stints, especially against GS, Devin has been cold and making some bad plays, and Barry still hasn't played his season average in either of these games.

I'm not convinced Pop has pulled his head out of his ass yet, and unfortunately I might still win this bet, which would probably be a bad thing IMO.

God I hate being right.

Apologize...you know who you are.

conversekid
12-23-2004, 09:33 AM

The same Steve Kerr that saved the Spurs from losing to Dallas.

Pop doesn't know how to play Berry and that's Poop's fault.

Steve Smith, Hedo, and now berry? All great 3pt shooters that suck once they get here? Now hedo is doing well else where?

Sounds like a coaching issue. Pop doesn't even know how to play manu, but fortunately Manu is good enough to play well in spite of poop.

Poop = most overrated coach in the league

Duncan + Drob = 2 titles ... any one surprised? :rolleyes

BigVee
12-23-2004, 10:37 AM
Yep, how many minutes tonight? Better not shoot, or pass, or dribble because that is how you make mistakes.

Oh, and by the way, I realized the bet started just a few games ago, but interestingly his avg. for December is now just under 11 minutes per game.

conversekid
12-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Pop has berry scared to death. Brent NEVER played like this in seattle.

Berry looks like he is going to have an anxiety attack as soon as his number is called to go into the game....

whottt
12-28-2004, 02:51 AM
Games: 5
Total Mins: 65
MPG: 13

Did Pop finally learn his lesson in the Minnesota game? I am beginning to think he might have...That game did break the trend, Barry got important minutes in an important game.....tomorrows game should be a good indicator if Pop has gotten it or not, let's hope he has for the good of the team. Again, it's really not so much about how many minutes...it's more about when, as far as my complaints go...

Sense
12-28-2004, 02:53 AM
Yes, I think Barry will be needed to help on the runs, and the three's. If Manu struggles like he did on the previous game, we will lose.. we need everyone to step up, more than anyone the bench.

They fire up the starters and we cruise...trust me.

ChumpDumper
12-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Brent's playing pretty decent D. More minutes to come.

whottt
12-31-2004, 04:18 AM
Games: 7
Total Mins: 106
MPG: 15.14

Please note Chump that I gave you the full 26 minutes for tonights game...even though it was an injury game...I believe we agreed either the game wouldn't count or we would give him credit for his average minutes.

However, since I am happier with our play lately than I am concerned about winning a bet I don't want to win, me being a weasel and all...I'll give you the full 27 for tonights game, but I do reserve the right to bitch in the future if Pop again starts stupidly yanking Horry and Barry in big games. I am optimistic though...a recent quote by Pop says almost verbatim what I was saying after the Detroit game, basically his shot doesn't matter...which is not what you and the other Barry haters were saying earlier in the month......perhaps Pop is getting smarter, a pity we had to lose 3 games needlessly for him to figure it out.

ChumpDumper
01-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Please note Chump that I gave you the full 26 minutes for tonights game...even though it was an injury game...I believe we agreed either the game wouldn't count or we would give him credit for his average minutes.Thanks for the "help", but you've proven once again you can't be trusted to follow the terms you agreed to in any capacity, much less add correctly. Injury games don't count, period. I'll update the real average soon enough.

whottt
01-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Please note Chump that I gave you the full 26 minutes for tonights game...even though it was an injury game...I believe we agreed either the game wouldn't count or we would give him credit for his average minutes.

Thanks for the "help", but you've proven once again you can't be trusted to follow the terms you agreed to in any capacity, [b]much less add correctly. [b]Injury games don't count, period. I'll update the real average soon enough.

Go fuck yourself....dumbass, and take a reading course while you are at it.

whottt
01-04-2005, 03:48 PM
And furthermore...

Our agreement is here in this thread:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7877&page=2&pp=26

And what was suggested concerning injury by myself was this:

If the guy is suited up for the game he isn't injured and if Barry plays in a bunch of games like that and averages more than 10 min per game...you win. Those minutes count. [/b]

If Parker, Manu, Beno and Devin are not suited up....the minutes Barry plays in that game don't count.

Edit: bold break

If you want to be fair we can just not count that as a game played by Barry...it's an option.

I'm not trying to screw you here...I just want to find out which one of is right and this is the simplest way to do so.

And if that's not good enough for you...we'lll just attribute to him for those questionable games(IE someone not suited up)...the average mpg he gets from this point on when all those players are healthy...

How's that?

As you can see, you dumb fucking cunt, I made a variety of suggestions and gave you the choice of picking the one that suited you the most...

Yet your response in all your glorious density was simply:

Sure.

Which means what?

No agreement was ever made, and whose fault was that? Yours...

Why was it your fault?

Because you answered "sure" to a multiple choice question you dumbfucker.

So shut the fuck up about telling me what the agreement was or why I can't be trusted.

ALVAREZ6
01-04-2005, 03:48 PM
here we go again...

ChumpDumper
01-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Aw, po widdle hootie can't lose for losing.

You counted the entire game. How is that one of your options?

whottt
01-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Since I wasn't sure about what we agreed upon(and Gee I wonder why, douche), I just said fuck it and gave him the full minutes...which certainly doesn't benefit me...dumbass.

In any case, it is you that has changed your stance, not I, you are now defending Barry...You are desperately rooting for what you argued against with me about in the first place...Barry getting more minutes...

And your bitching about Barry not derserving PT because he was missing shots has been refuted by the sac you worship himself...

Your life changing, once in a life time trip to Vegas seems to have not had the impact you claimed, since here you are grubbing, desperately trying to be right for once...

Meanwhile, I'll leave with a quote from this (http://http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7877&page=2&pp=26) thread, said by myself at the time we made the bet, and repeated often since:

No, this is why you are stupid...most of us aren't afraid of being wrong...we'd much rather see Barry get that playing time than win a bet with you.

whottt
01-04-2005, 04:34 PM
In the future I will leave all the minutes posting up to you...since I can't be trusted. It'll be my pleasure to let you do so...:)

ChumpDumper
01-04-2005, 04:40 PM
you are now defending Barry?

I always like Barry and said he'd play himself into the rotation. I was right.
And your bitching about Barry not derserving PT because he was missing shotsWrong again. I said Barry was passing up open shots. I was right.
Your life changing, once in a life time trip to VegasI go 2 or 3 times a year. If you want a full report I can give it to you, but suffice it to say there is more to likfe than posting on a message board and you're a shut-in asshole.
we'd much rather see Barry get that playing time than win a betI'd rather have both -- and that's exactly what happened.

I know it burns you up inside -- if you really want to dig up a quote, find the one where you said you were better than all this and squabbling over minutae is beneath you. Why prove yourself wrong over and over and over again?

whottt
01-04-2005, 05:18 PM
?

I always like Barry and said he'd play himself into the rotation.
Actually, you were originally sucking the Pop for not giving him minutes...and saying it was the right move, which I found ironic since we started blowing 4th quarter leads and losing games around that time.

I was right. Wrong again. I said Barry was passing up open shots.

Um, the genesis of my bitching and our argument was the Detroit game...where he went 0-4 in 6 minutes of play...if you consider that to be passing up open shots, you are an idiot.

Furthermore, he does more than just shoot threes and we are a much better team when he is allowed to do so...something you have never realized.

I was right.I go 2 or 3 times a year.

My bad, the way you bragged about it changing your life seemed like it was a first time occurrence.

If you want a full report I can give it to you, but suffice it to say there is more to likfe than posting on a message board and you're a shut-in asshole.

Said the guy/girl/it with nearly a thousand posts more than I at this board, and I am guessing another 4 or 5 thousand over at SpursReport.

What's pathetic is that I work almost exclusively off of a cell phone, I can actually post while I am working, and admittedly do have trouble getting away other than when I get my vacation...

Yet you still have nearly twice as many posts as I...The only thing you have proved is that you must be a shitty employee and obviously have less of a life than I do.

I'd rather have both -- and that's exactly what happened.

The bet is not over yet...so you aren't even right about saying you were right...furthermore, you still miss the forest for the trees...

I know it burns you up inside -- if you really want to dig up a quote, find the one where you said you were better than all this and squabbling over minutae is beneath you.

Pretty sure it's in this thread...and I am better than this and it is beneath me, that doesn't mean I won't do it though. What can I say, I am feeling charitable today.

Why prove yourself wrong over and over and over again?

Yawn...only in your twisted brain has that happened...Mr.Mrs.Miss."We agreed that injury games wouldn't count, period".

ChumpDumper
01-04-2005, 08:49 PM
You're the one trying to make them count.

Rather paradoxically, but you're feigning charity because you're being owned so badly in this thread.
Um, the genesis of my bitching ....was your conception. Don't front. Who cares what you were bitching about, I told you what I said.

milkyway21
01-04-2005, 09:07 PM

No offense to Manu.We discussed Barry's playing time two weeks ago, some said(including me),that Barry shld be given MORE MINUTES TO REGAIN HIS TOUCH & shld not be left on the bench & suggested Pops might try this for maybe a week or two. I thought you said since he is not playing well, he shld. be left on the bench...what gives? :rolleyes :rolleyes

whottt
01-04-2005, 09:13 PM
You're the one trying to make them count.

Rather paradoxically, but you're feigning charity because you're being owned so badly in this thread.....was your conception. Don't front. Who cares what you were bitching about, I told you what I said.

Yeah, just like we agreed on what would happen in an injury game...

Shut the fuck up, the smell of bullshit is coming through my monitor.

All I have to do to own you is post our W-L record when Barry gets yanked VS what it is when he doesnt...which makes your defense of that practice...well it makes it rather Chump like.

Your refusal to recognize your own stupidity and error does not make you right, it just makes you more stupid...

Meanwhile, congrats on Barry averaging over 10 mins per game...it is an unusual use of the 10th man for Pop and the Spurs, you got lucky and so did I, however it's not over yet and the way Pop used Barry in the Sacramento loss still gives me reason to pause...I am glad that Pop wised up and admitted Barry helps the team even without his shooting, unfortunately he still hasn't realize just how much he helps...too bad you are now trailing Pop on that realization...and if you weren't you'd realize you were wrong to defend Pop limiting his minutes...

ChumpDumper
01-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, just like we agreed they'd count in full.

You gave the options, I took one. Now shut up.

whottt
01-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah, just like we agreed they'd count in full.

You gave the options, I took one. Now shut up.

Dumbass counting them in full doesn't help me win the bet, you idiot.

And you are wrong...you took none of the options, you anwered yes when I offered 3 or 4 different options.

ChumpDumper
01-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Dumbass counting them in full doesn't help me win the betDid I say it would?
And you are wrong...you took none of the options, you anwered yes when I offered 3 or 4 different options.Hey, it was up to me right? So STFU and stop trying to weasel in another option after the fact.

whottt
01-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Did I say it would?

Hey, it was up to me right? So STFU and stop trying to weasel in another option after the fact.

Good lord.

ChumpDumper
01-04-2005, 09:28 PM
What good lord?

I took an option you presented. I thought I had earlier but so what? You tried to change the rules AGAIN. What is wrong with you? Are you trying to set some precedent so you can change the rules again if it's close down the line?

Sheesh.

Accept that the minutes don't count and let's get on with our lives.

whottt
01-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Ok the minutes don't count but the game does.

Fair enough.

ChumpDumper
01-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Ok the minutes don't count but the game does.What does that mean?

whottt
01-04-2005, 09:35 PM
And BTW, are you going to update the stats or just run your mouth stupidly...

Just pick whatever options you want for the rest of the bet, I really don't give a fuck but I do expect you to post them just on principal because a bet was made...post what ever numbers willl shut your fucking stupid weaseling accusations up......you dispshit you are accusing me of weaseling to help you win the bet.

Just STFU and get smarter or die.

ChumpDumper
01-04-2005, 09:36 PM
So you can't explain yourself?

Typical.

whottt
01-04-2005, 09:37 PM
What does that mean?

That means he gets credited with a game played but 0 minutes.

Allow me to beat you to the punch and label myself a weasel :).

If you notice, I listed that as one of the options and since that was the only one with total minutes not counting...that is the one you just chose.