PDA

View Full Version : Some stats that stuck out about our game tonight.

Dex
12-18-2004, 01:53 AM
Player Min FG 3G FT O D R A F ST TO B Pts
R. Horry 20 3-7 3-4 0-0 4 4 8 0 2 1 0 1 9
R. Nesterovic 18 2-6 0-0 1-2 2 4 6 0 1 1 2 1 5
M. Rose 15 2-6 0-0 3-4 2 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 7

Probably Robert Horry's best game of the season. Good to see some fire there again. Doesn't he realize it's not Playoff time yet?

timvp
12-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Yeah, awesome game by Horry. As long as he rebounds, I'm all for giving him minutes.

His threes were just gravy.

Nikos
12-18-2004, 02:07 AM
I actually did not think he was doing that well early on at all. Until he hit his first three I thought his overall performance was poor.

boutons
12-18-2004, 02:14 AM
83 pts against the a 2-19 team that allows 95 PPG, sucks

83 pts by a team that avgs 96 PPG, sucks

52% FTs, sucks

29% 3's %, sucks

2 qtrs less than 20 pts, sucks

A horribly weak game from the Spurs.

That won't win against the Warriors, never mind teams above .500. Spurs still need some serious ass-kicking and toughening up.

whottt
12-18-2004, 02:36 AM
^^^^All that is true...except maybe the part about winning against the Warriors.

And the game was closer than the final score indicates.

exstatic
12-18-2004, 02:42 AM
83 pts by a team that avgs 96 PPG, sucks

52% FTs, sucks

Do you see the corrolation? If they make the FTs, the points take care of themselves. There is only one problem here.

Nikos
12-18-2004, 02:44 AM
http://img43.exs.cx/img43/2020/brucebarry3ep.jpg

:lol

Imagine if Bruce did look like this. Everytime he conducts his shadow defense on the defender his hair would flop up and down like crazy!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-18-2004, 04:15 AM
The more Pop puts Horry and Barry and their bball smarts on the court, the better off we'll be.

Yes our final score in this game sucked, but what do you expect when for five minutes our solution to the 2-3 zone was to have someone try and set screens. :lol

whottt
12-18-2004, 06:27 AM
I've pretty much quit worrying about FT's, we are shooting relatively well this season at a 73% clip, and the games where we shoot really well(80%) it seems like we lose.

As long as we aren't on track to be the worst FT shooting team in history I can live with below average FT shooting. Besides, we've actually got some guys in every rotation that we can use as designated FT shooters this year.

whottt
12-18-2004, 06:35 AM
The more Pop puts Horry and Barry and their bball smarts on the court, the better off we'll be.

Yes our final score in this game sucked, but what do you expect when for five minutes our solution to the 2-3 zone was to have someone try and set screens. :lol

I'd feel better if I saw Pop go to a more offensively oriented rotation in big games against good defensive teams...

Tell me if this makes sense to you AHF...VS Detroit and Houston...two defense oriented teams...we killed Horry, Barry and Beno's minutes...

Those two teams are poor offensive/strong defensive teams...those are the teams we ought to be able to get away with using lesser defenders against...because they aren't as good offensively...

But instead we played a grind out game and nearly lost to both of them...they didn't have any other options, we did...to me it was a huge mistake not to use them..D can only do so much..

I'd like to see Barry, Beno, Horry...get some court time with Duncan and Bowen or Manu in those types of games...especially when we go into that 12 point quarter mode of TO's and bad passes.

This game tonight was really no different than the Chicago and Milwaukee games that were between Det and Houston...I'd just like to see him give that lineup a decent chance against something other than lottery teams...

I know Pop loves to test his defense...but we didn't lose or nearly lose those games because of our D...it was our O.

wildbill2u
12-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Player Min FG 3G FT O D R A F ST TO B Pts
R. Horry 20 3-7 3-4 0-0 4 4 8 0 2 1 0 1 9
R. Nesterovic 18 2-6 0-0 1-2 2 4 6 0 1 1 2 1 5
M. Rose 15 2-6 0-0 3-4 2 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 7

Probably Robert Horry's best game of the season. Good to see some fire there again. Doesn't he realize it's not Playoff time yet?

As Rocket fans came to know to their sorrow, Horry will tease you with a good game every now and then--and then fade into the wallpaper. He is NOT going to win you a championship with clutch play.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Excerpt from a courtside game report on SR (yeah I went there, sue me):
Late in the first quarter, Horry passed up an open 3, and the possession ended in a turnover. At the next dead ball, Pop was "encouraging" Robert to shoot next time, guesturing with his arms out wide, then slapping Horry on the butt. Then Horry hit those big 3's, his final one to put the Spurs up 12 in the 4th totally demoralized the crowd. With about a minute to go, Barry or Beno (can't remember who) got blocked on a drive and Horry grabbed the ball right in front of Pop and threw up a wild hook to try to beat the shotclock, which airballed of course. Then Robert got right in Pop's face and said "Why didn't you shoot it man?", imitating Pop's guestures from earlier in the game, then slapping him on the butt. It was a funny moment, and they both laughed.