PDA

View Full Version : Kasabian

Soul_Patch
10-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Anyone heard these guys? I know its fairly old, but i didnt really get into them until recently, and i have it on constant play in my ipod currently.

If you like Primal Scream / Oasis / The Stone Roses...you will love thes guys...

Thunder Dan
10-10-2007, 09:11 PM
yeah I saw them open for Oasis in Cleveland in 2005. I liked their first album alot, but never got any after (assuming there is one).

Soul_Patch
10-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Yea they have a second album. Not really as good as the first, but still listenable...According to their site they are supposed to release something in september, but it hasnt happened yet...

Thunder Dan
10-11-2007, 09:05 AM
You know the thing about them was they came out and tried to practically be Oasis. Before they even recorded their first album, they came out proclaiming to be the best new band in the world. When they finally released it I think the critics didn't give them much credit because of their own pretenciousness. I like the album though, but I think the people with the power to make them big didn't like their attitudes. I mean, it worked for Oasis, but not for Kasabian.

ATRAIN
10-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah I really liked thier first cd, but never got to listen to the 2nd. Man we need to revive our old Ipod on shuffle thread.

L.I.T
10-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Damn straight we do. I think this was one of my favorite bands when we had that old thread going.

Soul_Patch
10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Another one to check out if you havent is The Coral!

good stuff there too

ATRAIN
10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Another one to check out if you havent is The Coral!

good stuff there too

who are they like?

Soul_Patch
10-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Here is a write up about them

The Coral are a gang of Merseyside cowboys running roughshod over British pop, carelessly breaking musical boundaries and confounding expectations on a song-by-song basis. Confusingly they burst onto the scene with "I Still Need You," a song that suggested a Stax infatuation, with a video that recalled the glory days of Madness. An eponymous debut album reveals far stranger delights, though. James Skelly's vocals may recall Echo & The Bunnymen and even the La's, but it's the spirit of the Doors, Captain Beefheart and Merseybeat that rise up when the six-piece plays (except when they start with the sea shanties, of course). Magic And Medicine in 2004 showed them more determined than ever to fly high without a safety net.

They are kinda 60's ish, melodic rock...For some reason i cant really think of who they sound like currently. Sorta like rolling stones in some songs, maybe beatles? with more current sound...they claim their influences are the doors, and oasis...

Soul_Patch
10-11-2007, 11:24 AM
The Coral on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axq5JnPsYSg

Thunder Dan
10-11-2007, 12:21 PM
do you guys like Mute Math? They don't sound anything like Kasabian(so this is a random question), but I got tickets to their concert in Cleveland next week, the problem is that it is the same day as game 4 of the ALCS which will be right across the street from the House of Blues at Jacobs Field. I'm a big Indians fan, and have an outside chance at purchasing tickets for Tuesday's game. My friend is dead set on going to this concert since I was like his wingman, but I'm not sure I want to anymore even though I do really like Mute Math

What would you do? watch the game and forget the show?

Soul_Patch
10-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Thats a tough one...i havent heard the band...but, if you think the tribe has a shot at getting back to the ALCS Any time in the next few years id go to the show, cause you will have another shot....if not, id probably go to the game.

Thunder Dan
10-11-2007, 12:34 PM
Thats a tough one...i havent heard the band...but, if you think the tribe has a shot at getting back to the ALCS Any time in the next few years id go to the show, cause you will have another shot....if not, id probably go to the game.

thats where I'm leaning. The only thing holding me back is face value for the ALCS tickets I can get are $195 a ticket, ouch. Mute Math tickets were only $17 so it's more of me wanting to see them live rather than wasting the money. But check them out, you probably would like them. They have en excellent drummer

atxrocker
10-11-2007, 01:24 PM
do you guys like Mute Math?

:tu