PDA

View Full Version : My personal opinion on the Knicks current roster

Chris Childs
10-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Looking at the current roster I decided to pull out my note pad and write down our current players.
I decided to do this so I could decipher which players I would personally keep if i was in charge of narrowing down our roster

In my opinion here are the locks or at least the guys that I would personally keep

Center

Eddy Curry
Randolph Morris

Power Forward

Zach Randolph
David Lee

Small Forward

Quenton Richardson
Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler

Shooting Guard

Jamal Crawford
Allan Houston

Point Guard

Stephon Marbury
Mardy Collins

With this 11 I would feel confident that we could compete with any team in the east....so the remaining four to round out the roster would have to be chosen from the following.....

Nate Robinson- (Undersized point guard, has the heart of a lion combined with speed and quickness. Looks like he is maturing as a player as he is learning how to lead a team which was apparent in the summer league but he is also receptive to learning how to play effective defense in the NBA...i read that in the preseason game against the Sixers he was picking up Lou Williams in the back court and hounded him which was supposedly the reason he had an off shooting night...he was tired) I would keep him...i think his intensity will be great in a playoff atmosphere.

Malik Rose- (good character guy, championship ring, thinks he is better than he really is, but on a young team with no playoff experience I would keep him so he can help prepare this team when playoffs come around)

Jerome James- (Injury Prone, does not respect the game or his body, only would keep around when we plaed the HEAT and we needed 6 hard fouls for Shaq) Would waive him ASAP if his contract wasnt so big

Jarred Jeffries -(Versatile, can play multiple positions...but for a guy whom main responsibility is to play defense he too often looks confused out on the court, no need to over think playing defense either you want to do it or you dont!! probabbly would be good for defending Chris Bosh) Keep Him

Fred Jones- (Undersized shooting guard that cant shoot, no jumpshot, relies on atleticism and defensive capabilites probably would be good for defending someone like Gilbert Arenas) Undecided

Demetrius Nichols -(Great shooter, but needs to develop every other part of his game, with allan houston it would be very difficult to maintain both because their games our similar...bot are great shooters that play no d...the detemining factor would be rather or not we prefer a rookie who may not be able to handle the pressure of a playoff situation or an veteran who played w/ the knicks and understand what it means to play and perform under pressure) Very Tough Decision...but ideally I would stash him in Europe to develop the rest of his game and by the time Allan is really ready to retire he'll be ready

Jarre Jordan ( no way he makes the roster, havent seem him play but seems to be a true point guard, great court vision but lacks quickness on the defensive end...I would stash him in Europe just in case the Mardy Collins/Nate Robinson project doesnt work out)[/u]

....so my remaining four to complete the roster would be malik rose, nate robinson, jarred jeffries and Fred Jones..if for nothing else they are all blue collar players that wouldnt mind doing the dirty work

real talk

lefty
10-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Dmn, what a bunch of losers...

DOMINATOR
10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
yeah... a shoot first point guard, bad % shooting guard, jump shooting no defense playing power forward, and a pussy center

lefty
10-10-2007, 08:46 PM
yeah... a shoot first point guard, bad % shooting guard, jump shooting no defense playing power forward, and a pussy center

Eddy Pussy ?

Chris Childs
10-10-2007, 08:48 PM

Forgot to where your tampon?

DOMINATOR
10-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Eddy Pussy ?
in terms of rebounding yes

MrChug
10-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Nate, Malik, Jerome (that hurts to say), and Fred Jones.

Kamnik
10-11-2007, 05:24 AM
crazy, idiot coach (maybe just right for such players) and players where you cant expect what will some of them say or do

a lot of talent-yes

chemistry....... could explode