PDA

View Full Version : Check this out

Thunder Dan
10-10-2007, 09:24 PM
this has to be a unparalleled achievement( if you call it that) for the state of Ohio

-Ohio State Football team loses in the National Championship
-Ohio State Basketball loses in the National Championship game
-Cavaliers lose in NBA Finals
-Columbus Destroyers lose in Arena Bowl

maybe it's the Indians' destiny to get to the World Series and lose.

Also, the Bengals or Browns are really going to have to step it up to complete the full sweep of losing.

Whisky Dog
10-11-2007, 01:05 PM
The Buffalo Bills award?

Jimcs50
10-11-2007, 02:05 PM
this has to be a unparalleled achievement( if you call it that) for the state of Ohio

-Ohio State Football team loses in the National Championship
-Ohio State Basketball loses in the National Championship game
-Cavaliers lose in NBA Finals
-Columbus Destroyers lose in Arena Bowl

maybe it's the Indians' destiny to get to the World Series and lose.

Also, the Bengals or Browns are really going to have to step it up to complete the full sweep of losing.

If Cleveland gets to WS, they will dominate and win it all. If the teams were switched right now and Boston was playing one of the NL teams and Cleve;land the other, there would probably be two more sweeps. As it is, both series can easily go 7 games.

The AL>>>>>>>>>NL

Thunder Dan
10-11-2007, 02:12 PM
The Buffalo Bills award?

lol didn't the Sabres make it to the Stanley Cup Finals and lose last year? Jeez they make it so close but fail, just like Ohio. But Ohio State won the National Title in 2002 so I guess Ohio has won something. But all being in the same year is both shitty and exciting for us fans.

SAtown
10-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Columbus Crew ain't doing so well either

Thunder Dan
10-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Columbus Crew ain't doing so well either

yeah I forgot about the MLS and NHL being in Columbus. That throws off the whole achievement

Whisky Dog
10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
If Cleveland gets to WS, they will dominate and win it all. If the teams were switched right now and Boston was playing one of the NL teams and Cleve;land the other, there would probably be two more sweeps. As it is, both series can easily go 7 games.

The AL>>>>>>>>>NL

Don't underestimate either of the NL teams. Both have excellent pitching and can hit and manufacture runs. Either of the NL teams can beat either of the AL teams for the title.

Jimcs50
10-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Don't underestimate either of the NL teams. Both have excellent pitching and can hit and manufacture runs. Either of the NL teams can beat either of the AL teams for the title.

Care to make a small wager? Say....a $20 Starbucks giftcard?

Whisky Dog
10-11-2007, 04:49 PM

I don't like coffee but I can always use a $20 Wal-Mart or Circuit City gift card.

Sure, I'll make the bet.

Eh, been over 2 hours... no bet.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM

Sucker bet.

:toast

Jimcs50
10-11-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't like coffee but I can always use a $20 Wal-Mart or Circuit City gift card.

Sure, I'll make the bet.

Eh, been over 2 hours... no bet.

I will make the bet. PM me your address and I will do same and when one wins, we will send the card, deal?

T Park
10-11-2007, 11:58 PM
is the AL gonna dominate the NL like last year?

Thunder Dan
10-12-2007, 09:39 AM
is the AL gonna dominate the NL like last year?

prolly, although I've always thought that the NL has the advantage in the WS b/c they have pitchers that bat all season. The AL teams are built for the AL, then you throw that crap into the mix. The AL should always have home field for that reason

Extra Stout
10-12-2007, 04:48 PM

The AL>>>>>>>>>NL
Yes, we all remember the Tigers' four-game sweep of the Cardinals last year.