PDA

View Full Version : Lucas may not be with Rockets for long (point guard)

ducks
10-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Lucas may not be with Rockets for long
Thursday, Oct 4, 2007 6:35 am EDT

Getty Images
Houston Rockets point guard John Lucas III asked for a trade during the summer because of the glut of point guards (seven) on the roster. The last place he expected to be in October was at Rockets' training camp.

"I'm here," Lucas said. "I want to play. I don't want to be stuck someplace where all I do is sit. Do they have a place for me? Who knows?"

Source: Houston Chronicle

DOMINATOR
10-10-2007, 11:46 PM
he shoulda gone with V-Span in the scola trade.

his game is garbage. always looked for his own shot every time and made bad passes. poor defense. he is just fast as hell.

spurs can have him for cash, i say.

Indazone
10-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Why would the spurs want a super fast midget? He'd be pissed off sitting at the end of the bench gathering splinters anyways with the Spurs. He should go play for the Hawks or Clippers where he can actually get some minutes.

ChumpDumper
10-11-2007, 03:00 AM
He's just not that good.

T Park
10-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Lucas and Udrih belong in the same PG tandem.

Ones just not good, the other one doesn't give a shit enough to be good.

Bruno
10-11-2007, 04:25 AM
Cutting Udrih to sign a player like Lucas will cost $1.5M to Spurs.
Is upgrading the 3rd string PG from Udrih to Lucas worth that much money ? i don't think so. I'm not even sure a player like Lucas is an upgrade from Udrih who despite all his flaws is a talented player who knows team plays.

Darkwaters
10-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Cutting Udrih to sign a player like Lucas will cost $1.5M to Spurs.
Is upgrading the 3rd string PG from Udrih to Lucas worth that much money ? i don't think so. I'm not even sure a player like Lucas is an upgrade from Udrih who despite all his flaws is a talented player who knows team plays.

I don't think you cut Udrih. You just pull one of those salary dumping trades to move him out of the way.

exstatic
10-11-2007, 07:43 AM
I don't think you cut Udrih. You just pull one of those salary dumping trades to move him out of the way.
Except that no one with cap room or a trade exception seems interested.

SenorSpur
10-11-2007, 08:07 AM
he should feel fortunate that he was even drafted. His father (former NBA point guard John Lucas Sr.) works with prospective NBA players all the time at his facility in Houston. His son should have been a regular participant.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-11-2007, 09:25 AM
he should feel fortunate that he was even drafted. His father (former NBA point guard John Lucas Sr.) works with prospective NBA players all the time at his facility in Houston. His son should have been a regular participant.

I dont think he drafted. He play in NBDL and he plays in Italy and then Rocket sign him when they get so many injury team not have enough player for league rule. So since father friend of Rocket owner they sign Lucas to team. Then he get contract to be 3rd string point guard on bench but Van Gundy make Billy be shooting guard and instead make Lucas be backup point guard even though Billy make player better and Lucas just ball hog.
:rolleyes

SenorSpur
10-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I dont think he drafted. He play in NBDL and he plays in Italy and then Rocket sign him when they get so many injury team not have enough player for league rule. So since father friend of Rocket owner they sign Lucas to team. Then he get contract to be 3rd string point guard on bench but Van Gundy make Billy be shooting guard and instead make Lucas be backup point guard even though Billy make player better and Lucas just ball hog.
:rolleyes

Then he'd better start understanding that he aint as good as he thinks he is. Perhaps he needs a big slice of "humble pie"

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Then he'd better start understanding that he aint as good as he thinks he is. Perhaps he needs a big slice of "humble pie"

Billy or Lucas? Because at last game of year Jazz announcers have say that if team can get Billy they will be champion for many year. Sloan also say he have not seen such player in many year. They laugh at how Lucas plays over Billy. But Jazz coach not crazy and dumb like Van Gundy.