PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bobcats finally the favorites?

BobcatsDynasty
10-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Every year the Bobcats have been in the league, they were never the so-called "favorites" at the beginning of the season. Are we the favorites yet?

I see absolutely no reason why any team other than CHA is considered the favorites to win the championship.

Especially if our biggest competition are junior-league teams like Boston and Detroit.

Findog
10-11-2007, 12:09 PM
They're just being the juggernaut they're supposed to be.

Reggie Miller
10-11-2007, 12:11 PM
I think it's pretty clear by now that the league is biased against re-expansion teams. Stern and the refs are involved in a massive ratings conspiracy. How else do explain the mysterious lack of coverage of a team featuring Michael Jordan!?!

lefty
10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
They look fine on paper (for Easter Conference standards); they just need some experience. Their young players are going to improve.

Reggie Miller
10-11-2007, 12:24 PM
I think it's pretty clear by now that the league is biased against re-expansion teams. Stern and the refs are involved in a massive ratings conspiracy. How else do explain the mysterious lack of coverage of a team featuring Michael Jordan!?!

I just received an email from Comissioner Stern. I can't provide all of the details. (I'd have to kill you all, and the membership here is just too large.)

At any rate, I will quote the relevant part:

"In regards to your concern over the perceived lack of media coverage of Charlotte's NBA franchise, I must first address some factual errors in your recent correspondence. Although Michael Jordan is involved in the management of the team, he has remained retired from the game.

This actually relates to the perceived lack of national media attention for the team. Since Michael Jordan will not be suiting up for the Bobcats in the 2007-2008 season, this necessarily means that he will be wearing civilian clothing of his own design and label at the games. As you may already be aware, it has long been the policy of this office to shelter the viewing public from Mr. Jordan's sartorial taste whenever possible. Given the current status of Mr. Jordan's marriage, this office reasonably believes that there will no longer be a moderating influence in the Jordan household, and from our perspective, the situation can only deteriorate."

Mr. Stern went on to explain how he engineered the Knicks getting Patrick Ewing and how he was able to force Stoudemire and Bell to leave the bench. Again, I would share more of the text, but there is a rumor going around that Troy Hudson has signed on to NBA Security with the job title of "Enforcer," so I have to protect myself...