PDA

View Full Version : Jeff McDonald: Barry unscripted

Spurs Brazil
10-11-2007, 09:53 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2007/10/jeff_mcdonald_b_1.html

Jeff McDonald: Barry unscripted
The national TV network TBS bills itself as "very funny." This turns out to be a false advertisement, unless you are watching the New York Yankees completely implode on TBS. That is very funny, indeed.

Meanwhile, there is a certain Spurs reserve guard who could best be described as "Barry funny."

To wit, a couple of excerpts from Brent Barry's latest stand-up routine -- er, post-practice Q&A with the local media -- on Thursday:

Q: What are the major differences between facing another NBA team and facing a European club team like Panathinaikos, the squad from Greece set to visit the AT&T Center on Saturday?

Barry: "Well, one they're Greek. That's the major difference. They're not from the United States. I would probably point to that first."

Q: Can you pronounce the name of the team you'll be playing Saturday?

Barry (eyeing a certain carrot-topped teammate working out nearby): "I can't even pronounce 'Bonner.' "

Q: Isn't it nice to actually be playing preseason games, as opposed to the daily monotony of practice?

Barry: "It's just nice to smell other guys out on the court."

Q: That line is going to sound awfully funny taken out of context on the 6 o'clock news, isn't it?

Barry: "My whole life is taken out of context."

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen. Don't forget to tip your servers. He'll be here all week.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-11-2007, 09:58 PM
:lol

duncan228
10-11-2007, 10:01 PM
I like Barry's humor.
I've been a fan of his since his Sonic days when I lived outside Seattle.
He's got a quick wit.
My daughter and I got to meet him and do the picture thing. He was gracious and funny and accessible.
I wasn't surprised when he came to the Spurs and fit in so well with this team.
He's "over himself", as Pop says about most of our players.

On the side, I'm not sure what I think of our new beat reporter yet.

whottt
10-11-2007, 10:08 PM
On the side, I'm not sure what I think of our new beat reporter yet.

He's busy...that's for sure.

Hemotivo
10-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Q: Can you pronounce the name of the team you'll be playing Saturday?

Barry (eyeing a certain carrot-topped teammate working out nearby): "I can't even pronounce 'Bonner.' "
:lmao