PDA

View Full Version : Check out the Beno interview.

The III
10-12-2007, 03:02 PM
on hoopsworld.com . Has he resigned his fate in San Antonio ?

timvp
10-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Do you have a link to it?

mookie2001
10-12-2007, 03:05 PM
remember when he said that the spurs signed nba legend nick van exel because they discriminate against euros?

ChumpDumper
10-12-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/teams/team.asp?team_id=19

It's on the lower right column.

I'm not going to bother watching.

duncan228
10-12-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/teams/team.asp?TEAM_ID=19

Video, bottom right.

duncan228
10-12-2007, 03:13 PM

:lol We posted it at the same minute...and I didn't watch it either! :lol

Kori Ellis
10-12-2007, 03:15 PM
What the heck... in the first minute, he says he's out at least six weeks. I thought the timetable was shorter.

Kori Ellis
10-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Damn... he says that he wants to go to a team next year where he will play 20-25 minutes a game, that he thinks a lot of teams need a point guard and that he can be a starter.

The III
10-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Looks to me like he knows the end is near.

timvp
10-12-2007, 03:19 PM
:lmao Beno is seriously one of the dumbest humans alive. First of all, I can't believe the reporter would ask those questions. But I really can't believe stupid azz Beno would answer those questions. Freakin' amazing.

Perhaps even funnier was when Beno said he couldn't keep in shape by running because his finger is aching too much :rollin

baseline bum
I kept expecting the Hoopsworld douchbag to drop to his knees and fellate Udrih.

CubanMustGo
Beno is delusional. Nobody in their right mind is going to give him a shot after his career progression (ha!) here.

Wait, OK, maybe the Knicks or T-kitties will.

Indazone
10-12-2007, 03:22 PM

Beno can go to the Raptors or better yet. I hear the Clippers need a pt. guard.

baseline bum
10-12-2007, 03:23 PM
What a piece of shit. He says his goal is to go out and showcase himself for other teams next year. Fuck Beno Udrih, all his fans are retards. This guy doesn't give a shit about the Spurs and should never be allowed to set foot on the floor. I hope his poor little finger keeps him out the whole season.

ChumpDumper
10-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Beno is dead to me. Dude can't play and he can't shut up. I'd rather have NVE back on the team. At least he tried.

timvp
10-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Original report had Beno out three to four weeks. Beno wants to miss six weeks for a non-displaced fracture of a finger? Simply amazing.

Not only does Beno have a single digit IQ, he also has the pain threshold of a toddler.

duncan228
10-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I was done listening to him after the last interview.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75782&highlight=beno+udrih+interview

mookie2001
10-12-2007, 03:26 PM
he makes thispego look like kyle reese

mookie2001
10-12-2007, 03:27 PM
(metal gear) for the international posters

baseline bum
10-12-2007, 03:29 PM
How can anyone defend this guy and call themselves Spurs fans? He constantly disrespects the team to the media. All he does is cry about the bad breaks he's had when he has had plenty of opportunities to become a major player on a team players are dying to join. I think this prick will become the first Spurs player in 22 years that I ever boo at a game. He shouldn't be allowed to wear a Spurs logo on his jersey when he plays.

thispego
10-12-2007, 03:36 PM
he makes thispego look like kyle reese
i'm like fine china

mookie2001
10-12-2007, 03:37 PM
youre also down with resistance brah

thispego
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
snaturally dah

mookie2001
10-12-2007, 03:39 PM
shrda

Spurs Brazil
10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Waive Beno!

Slomo
10-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I used to think it was his motivation that kept him from making full use of his natural talent.

Now I see it was his IQ...

Sad and disturbing.

Bruno
10-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Beno is stupid, dishonest, delusional, unmotivated and uninterested by Spurs in this interview.
The only positive in this interview is that he has said nothing worth creating troubles with other players and the staff like he did in the Slovenian newspaper.

hater
10-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Damn... he says that he wants to go to a team next year where he will play 20-25 minutes a game, that he thinks a lot of teams need a point guard and that he can be a starter.

he is right!

he could definitely break 20mpg with the Toros

baseline bum
10-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Waive Beno!

No way. Keep his ass on the IR and don't even let him practice with the team.

Spurs Brazil
10-12-2007, 03:58 PM
He thinks he can be a starter in NBA :lol :lol :lol

mookie2001
10-12-2007, 04:05 PM
slomo what are you gonna do when benos gone??

Reggie Miller
10-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Beno is stupid, dishonest, delusional, unmotivated and uninterested by Spurs in this interview.
The only positive in this interview is that he has said nothing worth creating troubles with other players and the staff like he did in the Slovenian newspaper.

Not directly anyway. If I were on the squad, I wouldn't take this very well. Hell, I'm not on the team or a long-term Spurs' fan, and I'm pretty disgusted myself.

picnroll
10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
No way. Keep his ass on the IR and don't even let him practice with the team.
No way. Waive him and pick up some promising D-leauger mid-season like Justin Williams or Azubuike from last year. He's a waste of space and opportunity.

Slomo
10-12-2007, 04:23 PM
slomo what are you gonna do when benos gone??What do you mean?

If I could do something, I wouldn't wait until he's gone.

mookie2001
10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
are you still going to be the technical issues guy for spurstalk?

SequSpur
10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Original report had Beno out three to four weeks. Beno wants to miss six weeks for a non-displaced fracture of a finger? Simply amazing.

Not only does Beno have a single digit IQ, he also has the pain threshold of a toddler.

2001. Raise the Bar.

50 cent
10-12-2007, 04:32 PM
He is such a piece of shit. He has to be the most hated Spur of all time.

Kamnik
10-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I got depressed by just seeing the topic name.

Then i read the posts and i got even more depressed...

I wont even watch the interview itself. :bang

BENO GO HOME AND STOP MAKING SLOVENIAN FANS DEPRESSED! :music

Slomo
10-12-2007, 04:38 PM
are you still going to be the technical issues guy for spurstalk?Why?

Are you looking for a job?

mookie2001
10-12-2007, 04:41 PM
you would teach Argentina a lesson in being a real fan if you stayed

Hemotivo
10-12-2007, 04:45 PM
:rolleyes

Slomo
10-12-2007, 04:46 PM
you would teach Argentina a lesson in being a real fan if you stayedAs far as baiting goes, I've seen you do it better.

mookie2001
10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
youre right

argentinians are not real fans

MoSpur
10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Wow. This guy is something else. I thought some of the Beno haters were going over doing it just because, but after watching that interview, it seems to me that they have a legit reason to bash this guy as a basketball player. His head is not in San Antonio. I honestly think this guys daydreams about playing for some team and getting 30+ minutes and becomming an All Star caliber PG. Wake up Beno!!!

ashbeeigh
10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
"Like 6 weeks," I say "like forever."

anjlbitz
10-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I hope they put him on the IR for the entire season.

hater
10-12-2007, 05:21 PM
any self respecting slovenian should go and fuck Beno up before he opens his mouth again

VaSpursFan
10-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Beno is shit

fixed :fro

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-12-2007, 06:02 PM
This is one of those rare moments when you can thank Hoopsworld. Even they know Beno is a pussbag.

Pero
10-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Omg.......

ThomasGranger
10-12-2007, 06:04 PM
I nearly bust a gut laughing when the interviewer asked Beno if he wants to become the starter on another team or the backup on a better team. What an ass!

Holt's Cat
10-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Pop's going to hit Beno over the head with a magnum once he hears that...

Pero
10-12-2007, 06:20 PM
I watched the interview, and I`m speechless.... Wow, just wow....

SequSpur
10-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't have a problem with his answers. See my other topic. The Spurs should waive his ass. Why keep him? I mean Why?
_

_

In between the 2 lines above is the reason why they are keeping him.

Hemotivo
10-12-2007, 06:25 PM
:lol

vander
10-12-2007, 06:42 PM
I think you guys need to cut the guy some slack, what's he supposed to say, "man I suck, I'll never play another minute in the NBA"

you can't hate him for hoping to start on an NBA team someday.

smrattler
10-12-2007, 06:49 PM
I can hate him.

He wears how many championship rings for doing nothing? Having done not one thing to contribute to any of those rings, he wears them. Not only did he not help one bit for those rings, he disrespects that team and their fans like this?

When he's back home 10 years from now and working in some office job for some Euro team, he'll talk about the days with the Spurs, what it takes to win and flash those rings. People introducing him as "3 time NBA Champion Beno Udrih!"

That makes me sick.

He should not be allowed to wear the uniform this year? I wouldn't even give him the ring.

And yeah, that "reporter", "backup for a better team"? Uhm, better than the NBA champs? A paycheck player collecting a check for doing nothing, that's a dream come true for him. Plus get a ring too? It will all look good on his resume when he goes back home.

Walter Craparita
10-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Why even keep him around? Anyone think he will affect the chemistry in a negative way?

duncan228
10-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Anyone think he will affect the chemistry in a negative way?

The Spurs are known for their chemistry.
They brought back the same team to attempt the repeat.
They are also known for keeping this kind of shit in the locker room. Behind closed doors. Where it belongs.
I think Beno has shot himself in the foot...twice now. The interview in August was horrific, this was also bad.

It makes him look bad, that reflects on the team.
I'm not saying the Spurs will lock him up, but I think they'll do something. Talk to him. Shorten his leash next to the doghouse.
Keep him away from the media until they can get rid of him.
It's a shame. The kid showed promise of some talent.
He lost any composure he had in the Piston's series, and it's been downhill from there.

I believe as soon as the Spurs can get anything they think is reasonable he'll be gone. And I don't expect to see him on the court much, if at all, until then.

whottt
10-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Seriously...

It's time for Beno to go.

People that put Rasho and Beno in the same sentence are doing a huge disservice to Rasho BTW.

Scola>Beno

At least Scola doesn't dis the team he's actually playing for.

Das Texan
10-12-2007, 08:41 PM
you have got to be kidding me.

he has got to be the dumbest human alive.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Can we PLEASE pay someone to take Beno away!? He's become a freakin cancer! Thankfully, our team has such cohesion that they'll just laugh at his BS and shake their heads, but he is taking up a roster slot that should be going to a young PG that we could be developing.

Waste of space. :rolleyes

timvp
10-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Who was it that was telling me earlier this summer that Beno wasn't dumb? Let me see if I can find that post . . .

timvp
10-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Ah yes ... should have known. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1827395&postcount=78)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I hate to be a fanboy, but PWNED! :lol

T Park
10-13-2007, 01:25 AM
can't wait to see the spin ploto puts on this.

Obstructed_View
10-13-2007, 03:43 AM
Ah yes ... should have known. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1827395&postcount=78)
Everything but the first part is essentially true. Beno has talent that he's completely wasted, which is the definition of dumb. Rasho was just as frustrated with the Spurs as Beno is, but was smart enough not to talk to reporters about it.

Bruno
10-13-2007, 03:49 AM
While I have given up on Beno, I don't look at his situation with hate. Spurs have three possibilities with Beno : cut him, trade him or keep him.
Cutting Beno to sign a new PG will cost between $1.2M and $1.5M. Spurs likely will have to give up an asset to dump him. Given that there isn't quality PGs available, I think that keeping Beno is the lest worst solution for Spurs.
I just hope two things about Beno. First, he didn't hurt Spurs chemistry. Second, he stays in a good enough physical and mental shape to be a decent third string PG. If he does these two things, I'm not really against keeping Beno the whole year before trying to get a good prospect next summer.

Kobayagi
10-13-2007, 04:15 AM

You think slovenian fans are on this board because of Beno? Think again :lol

Yes, maybe we came because of Rasho and Beno, but that's not the reason we stayed. We are as much ashamed of Beno as other Spurs fans are.

Slomo
10-13-2007, 05:21 AM
Everything but the first part is essentially true. Beno has talent that he's completely wasted, which is the definition of dumb. Rasho was just as frustrated with the Spurs as Beno is, but was smart enough not to talk to reporters about it.It's not about being smart, it's about not being so incredibly dumb to not realize it's about being a pro. About doing your (very well paid) job.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-13-2007, 09:49 AM
It's not about being smart, it's about not being so incredibly dumb to not realize it's about being a pro. About doing your (very well paid) job.

But Slomo, the point is that expressing his displeasure like that is not professional. He has done this a couple of times now. He should shut his trap, work hard and do everything he can to earn some respect and some minutes - THAT is being a professional. Just look at what JV has done since he came here for an example of professionalism.

As you say, Beno's very well paid, and he owes his NBA chance to the Spurs, but now with the things he says he's throwing that back in their faces. They've given him chance after chance and he's messed them up.

I was all for giving him those chances, but now I'm sick of his shit and I think his roster spot should go to someone who wants to be a part of the Spurs' future.

Slomo
10-13-2007, 10:19 AM
But Slomo, the point is that expressing his displeasure like that is not professional...I thought that was the point of my post.

picnroll
10-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Second, he stays in a good enough physical and mental shape to be a decent third string PG. If he does these two things, I'm not really against keeping Beno the whole year before trying to get a good prospect next summer.
If the purposes is to have a dummy running point to give Parker and Vaughn rest during practice Beno might serve the purpose if his fingy doesn't make him retire on permanent disability. But needing Beno on the floor in a playoff Spurs might as well forfit and save themselves the embarrasment.

Ronaldo McDonald
10-13-2007, 10:33 AM
can anyone tell me if ginobili has braces now. maybe it's just me, but in his interview it looked like he had some clear ones. even w/ my glasses i cannot tell...

btw sorry i'm not contributing to the topic, but i really don't want to make a thread asking this question...

Bruno
10-13-2007, 12:21 PM
But needing Beno on the floor in a playoff Spurs might as well forfit and save themselves the embarrasment.

In the case of Parker or Vaughn being injured or suspended during the playoffs, I rather have Beno than most of the NBA third string PGs. Even an out of shape Beno has the level to play some playoffs minutes and he knows the team. Pop has said that Beno was a great insurance policy at the last trade deadline and i quite agree with that.
The risk with Beno is that he fold under the pressure but Spurs have still the Ginobili/Barry solution at the PG spot.

Bruno
10-15-2007, 08:18 AM
While I have given up on Beno, I don't look at his situation with hate. Spurs have three possibilities with Beno : cut him, trade him or keep him.
Cutting Beno to sign a new PG will cost between $1.2M and $1.5M. Spurs likely will have to give up an asset to dump him. Given that there isn't quality PGs available, I think that keeping Beno is the least worst solution for Spurs.

After looking at Spur's Luxury tax situation, I change my view on that. Trading Beno can make a lot of sense money wise.

Spurs are $1.06M over the Luxury tax threshold and Beno's salary is $1.75M. If Spurs trade Beno for a trade exception, they will save :
- $1.75M in salary.
- $1.06M in dollar for dollar tax.
- Between $1.5M and $2M in Luxury tax redistribution.
It makes between $4.3M and $4.8M.

Take a team like Seattle that has a little trade exception and is nowhere near the tax threshold. Spurs can offer to them Beno + cash to pay Beno's salary + cash as incentive (something like $500K or $1M) for the TE.
I don't see Seattle turning down a trade that will give them $500K or $1M and a free look at Beno without a significant drawback.

After the trade Spurs will be $690K under the tax. They won't be able to sign a min player as 3rd string PG and stay under the tax because a min player cost $771K. However, if Spurs wait 3 weeks, the cost of the min player will be prorated and won't put Spurs over the threshold.

If I were Spurs GM I would do that. At the end, Spurs will save between $800K and $1.8M by doing this move.

Slomo
10-15-2007, 09:37 AM
This could be the final nail in Beno's coffin.

Oh, and BTW Bruno, lay low for the next few days. I'm pretty sure RC and Pop are going to be pissed when they see how you made their plan public.
:lol

How long do you think before something similar is found in a local article?

picnroll
10-15-2007, 09:44 AM
... and a free look at Beno without a significant drawback.

Everything looks good but that. Presti and Carlesimo have probably had all the looks at Beno they want for one lifetime. Not that they wouldn't take the money and just cut Beno.

BeerIsGood!
10-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Damn I hope I don't run into this giant puss anywhere around SA. I don't feel like going to jail for whipping the shit out of a pansy, but I don't know if I could refrain myself.

thispego
10-15-2007, 10:00 AM
After looking at Spur's Luxury tax situation, I change my view on that. Trading Beno can make a lot of sense money wise.

Spurs are $1.06M over the Luxury tax threshold and Beno's salary is $1.75M. If Spurs trade Beno for a trade exception, they will save :
- $1.75M in salary.
- $1.06M in dollar for dollar tax.
- Between $1.5M and $2M in Luxury tax redistribution.
It makes between $4.3M and $4.8M.

Take a team like Seattle that has a little trade exception and is nowhere near the tax threshold. Spurs can offer to them Beno + cash to pay Beno's salary + cash as incentive (something like $500K or $1M) for the TE.
I don't see Seattle turning down a trade that will give them $500K or $1M and a free look at Beno without a significant drawback.

After the trade Spurs will be $690K under the tax. They won't be able to sign a min player as 3rd string PG and stay under the tax because a min player cost $771K. However, if Spurs wait 3 weeks, the cost of the min player will be prorated and won't put Spurs over the threshold.

If I were Spurs GM I would do that. At the end, Spurs will save between $800K and $1.8M by doing this move.
damn... you could be. good plan

Reggie Miller
10-15-2007, 03:51 PM

That is bloody brilliant. I did not realize that salaries were prorated for cap purposes.

Ronaldo McDonald: Ginobili has braces. There was a thread about it about two weeks ago.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Bruno strikes again! Man, you know that cap something wicked! Another great analysis. :tu

Only other question is are the Spurs willing to go with Barry as the third PG? I say why the hell not (I've always liked Barry), and pick up a kid to learn with the team for a year in 3 weeks time.