PDA

View Full Version : New Host Coming to Ticket760; Spurs Pre-Game

GoGatos
10-12-2007, 04:50 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/jakle06/2007/10/more_changes_at_woai_ticket.html#comments

More changes at WOAI, Ticket

By: Jeane Jakle

It's becoming the favorite dance at S.A. radio stations WOAI and its sister station, KTKR, The Ticket 760: We call it the sports shuffle.

Here are the latest moves: Walter Pasacrita will follow in the footsteps of former co-host Jeff Vexler and become history on The Ticket's local afternoon show, "Sports Talk San Antonio." His last day on the 3-to-6 p.m. talk program will be Oct. 19.

That's where the Vexler-Pasacrita similarity ends, however.

While Vexler exited, Pasacrita's sports role at the bigger outlet of WOAI will expand: Not only will he continue doing the morning sports reports for "San Antonio's First News" with Charlie Parker, but he'll take on a new duty: handling the post-Spurs game reports, once the season begins. Some insiders term the new gig a move up for Pasacrita.

Meanwhile, a new voice will be heard on "Sports Talk San Antonio," starting Oct. 22. Sliding into Pasacrita's well-worn chair will be Mike Taylor, formerly of Dallas' KESN (ESPN Radio 103.3.). Taylor also will handle the pre-game Spurs show, formerly manned by the Thompson Brothers before they left S.A. radio to get into the online gaming/talk show business in Orlando.

It's the first big hire from outside the station under the watch of new WOAI/KTKR program director Peter Bolger. He couldn't rave enough about Taylor, saying, "He's very lively, very Texas."

Oh, and those who miss the wry sports musings of WOAI-TV sportscaster Don Harris and David Chancellor on WOAI radio may be in luck. As you know, the TV and radio stations will soon be under different umbrellas -- Clear Channel sold its local TV arm to Providence Equity Partners and I'm told the deal is just about final.

Though the synergy between the stations won't be as prevalent, Bolger said he's hoping that managers can get together on getting Harris and Chancellor back on WOAI radio in some capacity. Stay tuned.

Kori Ellis
10-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Are you the new host?

SenorSpur
10-12-2007, 04:57 PM
What? Mike Taylor of Dallas' KESN?

He's a Fort Worth native and has been the co-host of Mavs Talk for some time. His allegiance to Mavs is understandable, but this fucker HATES the Spurs. I've listened to him rag on the Spurs for years.

GoGatos
10-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Don't I wish! Someone posted a comment on the old STSA MySpace page that had this news in it, but no one had logged in since like May or something. Then all of sudden yesterday the the page was erased. Then I heard that Jakle had a column about it.

timvp
10-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Hiring a Mav Fan to do the Spurs pre-game show?

Puro San Antonio.

Walter Craparita
10-12-2007, 07:04 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/jakle06/2007/10/more_changes_at_woai_ticket.html#comments

More changes at WOAI, Ticket

By: Jeane Jakle

It's becoming the favorite dance at S.A. radio stations WOAI and its sister station, KTKR, The Ticket 760: We call it the sports shuffle.

Here are the latest moves: Walter Pasacrita will follow in the footsteps of former co-host Jeff Vexler and become history on The Ticket's local afternoon show, "Sports Talk San Antonio." His last day on the 3-to-6 p.m. talk program will be Oct. 19.

That's where the Vexler-Pasacrita similarity ends, however.

While Vexler exited, Pasacrita's sports role at the bigger outlet of WOAI will expand: Not only will he continue doing the morning sports reports for "San Antonio's First News" with Charlie Parker, but he'll take on a new duty: handling the post-Spurs game reports, once the season begins. Some insiders term the new gig a move up for Pasacrita.

Meanwhile, a new voice will be heard on "Sports Talk San Antonio," starting Oct. 22. Sliding into Pasacrita's well-worn chair will be Mike Taylor, formerly of Dallas' KESN (ESPN Radio 103.3.). Taylor also will handle the pre-game Spurs show, formerly manned by the Thompson Brothers before they left S.A. radio to get into the online gaming/talk show business in Orlando.

It's the first big hire from outside the station under the watch of new WOAI/KTKR program director Peter Bolger. He couldn't rave enough about Taylor, saying, "He's very lively, very Texas."

Oh, and those who miss the wry sports musings of WOAI-TV sportscaster Don Harris and David Chancellor on WOAI radio may be in luck. As you know, the TV and radio stations will soon be under different umbrellas -- Clear Channel sold its local TV arm to Providence Equity Partners and I'm told the deal is just about final.

Though the synergy between the stations won't be as prevalent, Bolger said he's hoping that managers can get together on getting Harris and Chancellor back on WOAI radio in some capacity. Stay tuned.

Unbelievable.

Keeping Walter AND hiring a Dallas guy. :pctoss

SenorSpur
10-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Trust me folks. This dude is one serious Mavs homer, who took great pride in sparring with occasional Spurs fans that called into his show. I can't see how he'll be able to hide his obvious Mavs loyalty and self-proclaimed "Spurs hatred".

Kori Ellis
10-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, I would give him a chance first. For all we know, he's a closet Spurs fan and was just doing his job in Dallas. :)

SequSpur
10-12-2007, 09:16 PM
This is BS. I turned the dial long ago.

Trainwreck2100
10-12-2007, 09:36 PM
If he's anything like that crap show on 96.1 from Dallas he'll suck.