PDA

View Full Version : Kobe to Dallas Heating Up Again???

Pages : [1] 2

monosylab1k
10-12-2007, 05:22 PM
I just heard Ric Bucher report that Dallas made a definite offer of Howard & Terry for Kobe and that Jerry Buss was seriously considering it.

I'll look for a link but if you saw Sportscenter 5 minutes ago you know what I'm talking about.

Holy shit!

mavsfan1000
10-12-2007, 05:27 PM
A Harris/Kobe backcourt would be awesome. The bench would suffer along with having no quality SF but definitely worth it I think.

u2sarajevo
10-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Howard's BYC.... so I don't think that deal works.

duncan228
10-12-2007, 05:29 PM
With the rumbling in LA the last 2 days this doesn't surprise me.
The drama cannot be good for anyone, even a team that thrives on drama.

Kobe is not happy, it's showing in his game in pre-season. They might not want to take the chance that it will show in the regular season.

monosylab1k
10-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Howard's BYC.... so I don't think that deal works.
there's other pieces to the deal, they just reported the 3 major players in the deal.

Holt's Cat
10-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Please pull the trigger Jerry.

E20
10-12-2007, 05:45 PM
If this fucking happens then holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs and Mavs matchup would be the fucking SHIT. I hope this goes through.

OMG OMG OMG OMGOMG

DarkReign
10-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Holy hell....

If I were a Spurs fan, I wouldnt certainly hope not.

u2sarajevo
10-12-2007, 05:47 PM
there's other pieces to the deal, they just reported the 3 major players in the deal.Hopefully they count Harris as a major player otherwise I am against this(meaning Harris isn't included in the deal). It's a pipe dream, but that would be pretty fun.

E20
10-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I really want the Spurs to play a TOUGH ASS TEAM in teh PO's and kill them. A Dirk and Kobe Mavs would not only kick ass, but the Spurs/Mavs games would be SICK!!!!!!

mavsfan1000
10-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah no point guard would kill this team. We need at least Harris and a backup scrub for it to be worth it.

Flight3107
10-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Donnie

GET THIS DONE !!!

monosylab1k
10-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Hopefully they count Harris as a major player otherwise I am against this(meaning Harris isn't included in the deal). It's a pipe dream, but that would be pretty fun.
Yeah I still say it's a 90% chance that nothing happens.

And I seriously doubt Dallas would part with Harris after committing themselves to him. I hope not anyways.

SpursDynasty
10-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I might actually respect Dallas if they went through with the deal. The question isn't should Dallas do it....you're trading for Kobe, DUH. I'd give up 4 players for Kobe. It's a no-brainer for Dallas.

Holt's Cat
10-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Kobe is a cancer. One of the reasons the Mavs have risen to prominence has been their team chemistry. Kobe kills that. Howard is the type of guy you want on your team if you are thinking about competing for a title, a talented guy who is willing to do the dirty work and content not to have plays run for him. Terry is a knucklehead, but doesn't seem to be a problem in the locker room. Within a week of joining Dallas Kobe will be whining about not getting enough touches. He is a vainglorious idiot. He had one of the greatest bigmen of all time on his team and he ran him off.

monosylab1k
10-12-2007, 05:58 PM
What's the rules for trading injured players?

I just used RealGM and a Terry/Howard/Dampier for Kobe/Radmanovic deal works.

Holt's Cat
10-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Giving up Dampier too? Pull the trigger.

monosylab1k
10-12-2007, 05:59 PM
He had one of the greatest bigmen of all time on his team and he ran him off.
After 3 titles.

If he can bring just one title to Dallas, he's worth any bullshit.

monosylab1k
10-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Giving up Dampier too? Pull the trigger.
Dampier is a piece of shit, we're better off with Diop/Mbenga/Sampson.

Holt's Cat
10-12-2007, 06:01 PM
After 3 titles.

If he can bring just one title to Dallas, he's worth any bullshit.

Shaq is coming too?

monosylab1k
10-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't trade my grandma's pussy juice for Dampier, but considering how much they hate Radmanovic in LA, they might consider swapping each others' albatross.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Dallas trading for Kobe and people will completely forget Boston and actually focus on the better team by far. Make it happen. :hat

Chris Childs
10-12-2007, 06:16 PM
If this deal gets done I would then become the happiest person on the planet!

1Parker1
10-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I highly doubt they'd include Harris in this deal...they just signed him to a multi deal and clearly believe he is the future PG for this team.

Hmmm, interesting trade. Not sure if the Buss would take it though. He needs a big time player to sell those high priced tickets in LA and Terry and Howard just won't do it. He'd expect a franchise player in return, and neither of those players are one. They are great side-kicks and role players, but not franchise players.

Besides, not sure if the salaries would even match on this?

da_suns_fan__
10-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Yeah no point guard would kill this team. We need at least Harris and a backup scrub for it to be worth it.

Yeah...cuz the Lakers never have any troubles against quality point guards. :rolleyes

baseline bum
10-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Kobe for Howard and Terry? LA's getting fucking raped in that deal, almost as bad as they did in the Shaq trade. Howard/Harris for Bryant seems way more realistic.

yavozerb
10-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Not a bad trade for both teams if it happens..I like this trade for LA better than dallas..
Dallas starters: Harris, Hassell, Kobe, Dirk, Diop - with Stack, Geaorge, and jones being main reserves. Be very weak at the 5 position.
LA: Terry, Howard, Odom, Cook, Dampier - with Fischer, Walton, Brown, and Bynum as key reserves. Not bad for lakers with pretty good starting 5 and better depth than Dallas.

Chris Childs
10-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Not a bad trade for both teams if it happens..I like this trade for LA better than dallas..
Dallas starters: Harris, Hassell, Kobe, Dirk, Diop - with Stack, Geaorge, and jones being main reserves. Be very weak at the 5 position.
LA: Terry, Howard, Odom, Cook, Dampier - with Fischer, Walton, Brown, and Bynum as key reserves. Not bad for lakers with pretty good starting 5 and better depth than Dallas.

:lol

Hemotivo
10-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Please make this trade!

SpursDynasty
10-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Dallas trading for Kobe and people will completely forget Boston and actually focus on the better team by far. Make it happen. :hat

Boston is in the East though and still likely to make the Finals.

clambake
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
they should trade him to the heat for Wade.

SpursDynasty
10-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Kobe for Howard and Terry? LA's getting fucking raped in that deal, almost as bad as they did in the Shaq trade. Howard/Harris for Bryant seems way more realistic.

Why? Aren't Howard and Terry two of the Mavs' "Big Three"?

ChumpDumper
10-12-2007, 06:30 PM
The Lakers should be able to do much better than that, so I believe the will make this deal.

SpursDynasty
10-12-2007, 06:56 PM
If Kobe comes to Dallas, this will provide Dallas with a much-needed floor leader who has a killer instinct on the floor as well as some defensive intensity. Dallas will finally be able to enter a season as favorites to at least make the Western Conference Finals, as the last two seasons they have been underdogs as far as getting past the 2nd round.

Nashfan
10-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I just heard Ric Bucher report that Dallas made a definite offer of Howard & Terry for Kobe and that Jerry Buss was seriously considering it.

I'll look for a link but if you saw Sportscenter 5 minutes ago you know what I'm talking about.

Holy shit!

Try not to wet yourself over this rumour, Mono :lol

JMarkJohns
10-12-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this. it changes things, but part of Dallas' very, very goodness (hey, Phoenix is in the same 'not quite great' boat) is having multiple players on the floor who can create offense. Dirk, Terry, Howard, Harris... at times you can have all four, and most every time at least three. With the trade this aspect is partially lost. Not lost entirely, but instead of four, it's down to three, at best. Part of Phoenix's problem with the Spurs is they can't generate the offense because their offense is essentually limited to Nash and Amare. Contend and contain either and you've limited the effectiveness of the Suns offense. Without multiple offensive facilitators, Dallas may fall into that same line of play.

I mean, You can certainly make a great case for wanting Bryant. He's anti-choke, so Dirk won't have to strain himself to be something that isn't easily attained. AND... you can certainly make a case that Kobe and Dirk are a better one/two punch than Nash and Amare, so I'm not predicting failure, rather expressing some concerns.

It would be interesting. Dallas should ask for Walton over Radmanovic. Walton would help in this area far more than Radmo could. Plus, he's a Kobe favorite and could start at SF.

Harris
Kobe
Walton
Dirk
Diop

Whomever on the bench... not too shabby.

whottt
10-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Anything that gets the ball out of Dirk's hands and into Kobe's is ok by me :tu

And anyone that thinks Kobe is going to be the guy not getting the ball in Dallas is being silly...

Kobe is the guard...

It'll be Dirk's(and every other guy on the Mavs) touches that decrease.

mavs>spurs2
10-12-2007, 07:30 PM
God I hope this is true...

this is a no brainer we have to pull the trigger

ducks
10-12-2007, 07:38 PM
I think lakers will want dirk if they get dirk dallas does not get anybetter

VaSpursFan
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
buss isn't stupid...there has got to be better deals brewing that an howard/terry deal. it's way too early to jump at the first offer.

ducks
10-12-2007, 07:42 PM
lakers made the leak to see who will offer more

ducks
10-12-2007, 07:43 PM
suns have to offer amare and marion for kobe
marion wants to leave
young gun in amare

ducks
10-12-2007, 07:44 PM
buss isn't stupid...there has got to be better deals brewing that an howard/terry deal. it's way too early to jump at the first offer.
what has he done latey sat on his fat ass and did nothing with one of the greatest basketball players ever in kobe

Dirk Nowitzki
10-12-2007, 07:49 PM
HOLY SHIT! IF this trade happens, the spurs are even more fucked. 2 Spur Killers on the same team?? Championship!!!! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :clap :clap :clap

JMarkJohns
10-12-2007, 07:49 PM
HOLY SHIT! IF this trade happens, the spurs are even more fucked. 2 Spur Killers on the same team?? Championship!!!! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :clap :clap :clap

One ball...

EDIT: But in a non-homer, guaranteeing way I agree that it COULD be an incredible tandom if things work out.

Just not sure if there's any proof things would...

ShoogarBear
10-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Kobe and Dirk would be a very good combination in the offense the Mavs run. They really don't have a lot of ball movement (witness the low number of assists) and having Kobe and Dirk alternating isolations wouldn't really break the offense.

I think it'd also make the Spurs matchups with them worse. If you thought it was bad having to decide whether Bruce should guard Dirk or Howard, it just got an order of magnitude worse. Dirk's defenders will now be Elson, Oberto, Bonner, and Horry. Unless Udoka can guard Kobe.

If I'm the Mavs and all it takes is Howard and Terry, I do the trade. It makes your window about 2 years, but it wasn't much longer than that anyway.

And it will put Mitch Kupchak back in the race with Kevin McHale for worst GM.

yourcheatinheart
10-12-2007, 08:45 PM
i love it. let kobe be a ball hogging, locker room cancer over in the big d.

Roxsfan
10-12-2007, 09:36 PM

we'll give you JL3 for some cash and a future 2nd round pick :smokin

http://static.flickr.com/73/176553240_61687b2526_o.jpg

btw, I hope you get Kobe in Dallas so we can have an ALL TEXAS KOBE vs TMAC showdown :elephant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwymOpBvmUU&mode=related&search=mac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QnqqMWjSvo&mode=related&search=mac
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=UoWxjsI9YWw&search=mac :dizzy :clap :hungry: :cooldevil :donkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkStj6JgGBQ&mode=related&search=mac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxgA4l2ZVNM&mode=related&search=mac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7MH9Uj8PWU&mode=related&search=mac

SpursDynasty
10-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Kobe - not a Spur killer. Who ended the 3-year Laker run? The Spurs.

Dirk - owned by SA all decade except for Game 7 in '06.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Kobe+Dirk=2008 Champs! Bank on that! Make it happen! The Sooner this happens, the sooner we become an even bigger fucking powerhouse!! :clap :clap :clap

Walter Craparita
10-12-2007, 11:02 PM
If this happens...

Honestly...

Just get rid of the East and call it a day after the WCF.

Seriously.

Do it.

SpursDynasty
10-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Kobe+Dirk=2008 Champs! Bank on that! Make it happen! The Sooner this happens, the sooner we become an even bigger fucking powerhouse!! :clap :clap :clap

The Mavs weren't a powerhouse to begin with. They've been underdogs this whole decade...Powerhouses win championships and win seven-game series.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-12-2007, 11:13 PM
The Mavs weren't a powerhouse to begin with. They've been underdogs this whole decade...Powerhouses win championships and win seven-game series.

Dude I think the pressure of the your bands performance tomarrow night at the University of North Texas Campus in Denton,TX is really getting to you. I know the UNT Campus Police will be there for the saftey and enjoyment for your band so what are you so stressed about? Dude you are going to do great. You will have my support 100%! I am stoaked to see you guys finally. Mono and Findog told me they will try to make the trip to show you even more spurstalk.com support! :clap :clap :clap

leemajors
10-12-2007, 11:21 PM
LA shouldn't do any deal that doesn't include dirk. they already got hosed by miami once this decade, i doubt they're excited to get way unequal value again.

Gino20
10-12-2007, 11:21 PM
This would be a steal for the Mavs!!! However, I am pretty sure this trade won't go down. Why would Buss trade a blockbuster superstar for two guys that are good players, but thats about it? Buss is simply trying to get more offers on the table. Alot of people forgot about the Bulls. Yesterday, it was reported that the Bulls were interested. From my perspective, the Bulls have much more interesting talent. Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Wallace, Noah, etc. I would rather do a trade with the Bulls if we are talking about pure talent and players who can possibly draw a crowd. I am sure better offers will come in...In the end, I expect Kobe to stay put till the end of the season though...

SpursDynasty
10-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Dude I think the pressure of the your bands performance tomarrow night at the University of North Texas Campus in Denton,TX is really getting to you. I know the UNT Campus Police will be there for the saftey and enjoyment for your band so what are you so stressed about? Dude you are going to do great. You will have my support 100%! I am stoaked to see you guys finally. Mono and Findog told me they will try to make the trip to show you even more spurstalk.com support! :clap :clap :clap

Are you guys seriously going out to that band's shows because you still think I'm the drummer?

Sorry to burst the fun bubble, but I'm just not that drummer.

dirk4mvp
10-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Are you guys seriously going out to that band's shows because you still think I'm the drummer?

Sorry to burst the fun bubble, but I'm just not that drummer.

You didn't put a question mark after a question. Slacker.

I really wish I could come to tx to see your percussion skills at work.

Pistons < Spurs
10-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Terry and Howard for Kobe? Pleaseeeeee

What kind of crackhead trade is that? Not gonna happen.

Findog
10-13-2007, 12:00 AM
You didn't put a question mark after a question. Slacker.

I really wish I could come to tx to see your percussion skills at work.

It's a thing of beauty. It will make you cry.

Oh yeah, on topic...this is probably bs, but if I'm the Mavs, I do this deal. Kobe and Dirk cover each other's weaknesses...a lack of mental toughness and an inability to do "The Man" type things on one hand, and selfishness and thinking that you're bigger than the game on the other. It would work because there would be no question who the Alpha Dog on this team would be. That's a role that should be Dirk's because of his talent, but he's not suited for it because of his easygoing temperament. Kobe seems like the kind of guy who would sell his kid for any kind of personal advantage.

dallaskd
10-13-2007, 01:12 AM

Holy shit!

If this were the deal straight up. No doubt Dallas has to do it. Harris, Kobe, Stack, Dirk would be amazing

dallaskd
10-13-2007, 01:32 AM
Any update or was this purely bullshit?

anon101
10-13-2007, 03:09 AM
Kobe has a no-trade clause. Since the whole point of his demanding a trade is that he wants to go somewhere where he can win more than he can in LA, there is no chance that he goes to a Dallas without Dirk or a Phoenix without Amare. He'd just refuse the trade and keep pressuring Kupchak and Buss to accept something less (see Minnesota where KG originally killed the trade to Boston when it included the Celtics first round pick--then after Boston spent that pick on Ray Allen, KG allowed the trade, but Minnesota got less than the original offer)

NBA Junkie
10-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Lakers get raped in this deal regardless of who they get for Kobe.

This trade won't happen.

Cry Havoc
10-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow, it's fun to see all the Mavs fans totally bail off the Dirk bandwagon here in hopes they get Kobe. You guys really don't trust him now. :lmao

dirk4mvp
10-13-2007, 11:30 AM
??

How many post in this thread said they want Dirk to be traded for Kobe?

diego
10-13-2007, 11:35 AM
kobe for dirk i'd be worried... you'd be replacing the choke franchise player with a clutch franchise player.

but kobe + dirk together, sans the young depth that makes the mavs a good team in the first place? please god make it happen! plus they'd be at each others throats within weeks (or more likely, throwing each other under the bus through the media, but you get the picture).

dallaskd
10-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Dirk for Kobe does us no better than we are now, maybe even puts Dallas off worse. But if we can do any trade for kobe without dealing harris or dirk, you have to do it.

lurker
10-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow, it's fun to see all the Mavs fans totally bail off the Dirk bandwagon here in hopes they get Kobe. You guys really don't trust him now. :lmao
Wanting Kobe to be Dirk's teammate means we don't trust Dirk? :lol

I'd drop Josh and Jet for him in a heartbeat, but I can't see the Lakers going for that.

monosylab1k
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Any update or was this purely bullshit?
unlike you, I don't post bullshit. This was on the 5:00 Sportscenter yesterday. I have yet to find any other links to it besides a couple blog entries that noted the same SC report.

monosylab1k
10-13-2007, 12:52 PM
nobody said anything about getting rid of Dirk or not trusting him. If you have a chance to get the best basketball player on earth, you fucking do it. This doesn't have shit to do with Dirk.

Obstructed_View
10-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Kobe's complete inability to lead his team in a meaningful way means I'm having a hard time caring at all about this trade. I don't know that he makes any team better by being on it, which is a shame considering his incredible talent level. The train wreck that would be the Mavericks with Kobe, Dirk, Cuban and the Dallas fans would be incredibly fun to witness, though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Two problems...

1. What happens when Kobe starts ball hogging from Dirk?

2. Who guards Manu for the Mavs now? Howard was the only one who could stay in front of him. And please don't say Kobe, because Manu has abused him the last two years on the offensive end.

Regardless, I think this is wishful thinking for Mavs fans, you'll see teams come in with more than this to offer LA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I uses realgm trade checker

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Houston and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Houston and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #4238948

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Houston Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: +7.0 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

Incoming Players

Kobe Bryant
6-6 SG from Lower Merion (HS)
31.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg in 40.8 minutes

Outgoing Players

Tracy McGrady
6-8 SG from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
24.6 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 6.5 apg in 35.8 minutes

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: -7.0 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

So T-Macs and KJobe = each others on machine. Then Laker need more point guard so,

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Houston and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Houston and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #4238957

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Houston Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.1 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and -4.7 apg.

Incoming Players

Kobe Bryant
6-6 SG from Lower Merion (HS)
31.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg in 40.8 minutes
Outgoing Players

Mike James
6-2 PG from Duquesne
10.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.6 apg in 25.3 minutes

Tracy McGrady
6-8 SG from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
24.6 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 6.5 apg in 35.8 minutes

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: +3.1 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

Lakers get:

PG James/Fisher/Farmar
SG McGrady/Evans/Crittenton
SF Odom/Walton/Vujicic
PF Brown/Radmanovic/Cook
C Bynum/Mihm/Turiaf

This James and T-Mac much better deal for Laker compares to Terry/Howard.

DOMINATOR
10-13-2007, 02:13 PM
This James and T-Mac much better deal for Laker compares to Terry/Howard.
why? yeah Tmac is a bigger star than Howard but tmac is on the decline. lakers want young superstar potential.

neither trade helps the lakers.

Tmac isn't going anywhere and i don't think you can trade James until the season starts. by then the rockets will have a nice chemistry going and bringing in kobe would be like starting over in the middle of the season. bad idea.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-13-2007, 02:19 PM
why? yeah Tmac is a bigger star than Howard but tmac is on the decline. lakers want young superstar potential.

neither trade helps the lakers.

Tmac isn't going anywhere and i don't think you can trade James until the season starts. by then the rockets will have a nice chemistry going and bringing in kobe would be like starting over in the middle of the season. bad idea.

Laker fan go to see "superstar potential" Howard? :spin

Laker fan demand star player on team, by star I mean they demand have big name that can make 30 point.

Extra Stout
10-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Three question marks on the thread title indicates triple the BS of the typical rumor.

midgetonadonkey
10-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't trade my grandma's pussy juice for Dampier, but considering how much they hate Radmanovic in LA, they might consider swapping each others' albatross.

Is your grandma's pussy juice really on the market? I'll give you $20 for a jar full of it.

Obstructed_View
10-13-2007, 04:19 PM
eh...

There are 81 reasons why kobe is hands down the best player in the nba right now and will be for the next 3 or 4 years.

I would trade Duncan for Kobe.
Sorry TD. It's a business
Your 81 reasons = an 18 point win against Toronto + no playoff series wins.

TD = all business = NBA title.

No offense, but I'm glad you aren't the GM. :)

kobe_bryant
10-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Dirk could use a player like me on his team.

Make it happen Cuban

spurscenter
10-13-2007, 07:12 PM
all dallas needs is DIRK and KOBE and they are set

atxrocker
10-13-2007, 07:37 PM
i don't think that kobe and dirk would be compatible on the same team. plus, i'm pretty confident that at some point kobe would accuse dirk of being soft (naturally) and that would cause chemistry issues. don't do it, LA.

Findog
10-13-2007, 08:01 PM
i don't think that kobe and dirk would be compatible on the same team.

I'm glad you're not the Mavericks GM. This is just rumor-mongering bullshit that ain't happening anyway.

plus, i'm pretty confident that at some point kobe would accuse dirk of being soft (naturally) and that would cause chemistry issues. don't do it, LA.

I'm pretty sure at some point this season Ron Artest will accuse Head Coach Soul-Glow of not knowing what he's doing. Don't do it, Sacto.

Medvedenko
10-13-2007, 08:10 PM
I can't see this happening....but who knows....now I'll chime in with my thoughts...

Those people saying Kobe's a cancer and can't lead a team into the playoffs really don't watch much Laker b-ball and only parrot media's bias towards him. I can except that, so no more thoughts on it.

Dirk and Kobe...a wing and a powerforward....hmmm.....this tandem would work. Kobe's very unselfish when he has competent players around him. He's proved this and still averages more assists than any teammate he has had. Having Kobe close out games and worry about defense while not having to expend all his energy all 48 minutes would do wonders for him. This was what he did on the lakers....played good D and finished games better than anyone. With the current laker team, while pretty deep when healthy doesn't have what it takes to go deep in the playoffs. If Kobe leaves, then I'm all for it.

Still, I like the proposed McGrady, Scola, Wells, and picks for Kobe and Radman.....

LakeShow
10-13-2007, 10:51 PM
It's funny seeing some of the most critical Kobe haters salvinating at a chance for him to play for their team. :lol

Howard and Terry for Kobe is a stupid trade. That is no way near the quality of player the lakers would be giving up. Dirk for Kobe is even more stupid. I would turn in my purple and gold if they ever made a dumb move like that. We dont want Dirk! Now Howard and Dirk is more like it, but I still don't like it, I might consider Howard, Terry and Harris but im not too thrilled about that either. Houston's trade is much better and the only one I might pull the trigger on.

Rummpd
10-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpimpo4cc

eh...

"There are 81 reasons why kobe is hands down the best player in the nba right now and will be for the next 3 or 4 years.

I would trade Duncan for Kobe.
Sorry TD. It's a business " :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Spurs would be inane to trade the most dominant leader/2 time MVP/3 times final MVP/9 time Defensive team first team etc. and FOUR time championship winner for a Kobe - who without another superstar on his team has never gotten out of the first round. Kobe is a hell of a player and scorer but to even discuss a trade for him for Duncan is sublime.

There is a reason Duncan's teams have the highest winning percentage ever for any player in the history of major team sports over a least a five year (original source, Sam Smith, Chicago Tribune but was also mentioned in NBA finals on air) period - and that reason is Tim Duncan.

Johnny RIngo
10-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Still, I like the proposed McGrady, Scola, Wells, and picks for Kobe and Radman.....

That would be an excellent deal. Lakers would be back in contention if they could pull that off.

Roxsfan
10-13-2007, 11:57 PM
That would be an excellent deal. Lakers would be back in contention if they could pull that off.

yeah, no way kobe is worth that player movement from the Rox. :rolleyes

DOMINATOR
10-14-2007, 12:06 AM
then the rockets would be looking for a power forward again... PASS.
tmac isn't going anywhere

Clark_Kent
10-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Kobe isn't going anywhere.

lefty
10-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Kobe has always had big games vs Dallas.

In his first game as a Maverick, he'll score 60 pts against his new teammates;
bah, some habits are just hard to get rid of.

TDMVPDPOY
10-14-2007, 12:55 AM
theres talks of rockets getting involved....

DOMINATOR
10-14-2007, 01:05 AM
theres talks of rockets getting involved....
i hope it's all just rumors.

dallaskd
10-14-2007, 01:41 AM
Yao/Kobe and Tmac/kobe would both be better than tmac/yao. If houston could get kobe/yao its shaq and kobe all over again without the fighting

Condemned 2 HelLA
10-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Those people saying Kobe's a cancer and can't lead a team into the playoffs really don't watch much Laker b-ball and only parrot media's bias towards him. I can except that, so no more thoughts on it.

I get to see/hear/read more than I ever wanted to about the Uberdiva and his stupid bullshit. He flip-flops so much, he could put a politician to shame! When he was making his rounds earlier in the summer on the radio saying that he's always wanted to be a Laker and couldn't imagine playing anywhere else than Los Angeles, for a moment, I actually believed the guy. Then, the very next day, when he went on Stephen A. Smith's show and said the exact opposite, I knew this guy was more full of crap than a manure farm. Since Shaq left, the Lamers have been nothing more than an also-ran at best, and I, for one, get a hearty chuckle out of watching this team circle the drain with every day that passes. As much as he says to the contrary, he wanted Shaq out of town ASAP, and now that he got his wish, this team will NEVER make it out of the first round of the playoffs.
Buss isn't going to trade him. Even at his most inebriated of moments, the doctor knows that if he deals #24, no one is going to come to his building, spend high-end money on courtside seats, and watch the equivilent of a CBA team take the floor and get their heads handed to them by the NBA's elite on a nightly basis, no matter how many bodies he gets back in return.
The Lakers glory days are well behind them as long as the Buss children run the show, Phillatio is the highest-paid spectator and Kobe has the organization by the short curlies.
Sometimes drama CAN be funny!

TheAuthority
10-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Your 81 reasons = an 18 point win against Toronto + no playoff series wins.

TD = all business = NBA title.

No offense, but I'm glad you aren't the GM. :)

I second that.

Obstructed_View
10-14-2007, 04:40 AM
Dirk and Kobe...a wing and a tall wing.....
Fixed. Just because Dirk plays the power forward position doesn't make him one. He looked like he was starting to devlop a couple of years ago but he kind of reverted last year. Jury's still out.

ducks
10-14-2007, 09:30 AM
kobe would do wonders for dallas if they did not have to give up dirk
dirk would get the ball early in the 4 kobe would get it and not choke like dirk

ducks
10-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Two problems...

1. What happens when Kobe starts ball hogging from Dirk?

dirk lets howard get the ball early
shaq and kobe worked out well for awhile
it would work out
besides dirk chokes he would welcome the pressure of blaming a loss on kobe not dirk

2. Who guards Manu for the Mavs now? Howard was the only one who could stay in front of him. And please don't say Kobe, because Manu has abused him the last two years on the offensive end.

that would be a problem for mavs!

Regardless, I think this is wishful thinking for Mavs fans, you'll see teams come in with more than this to offer LA.

I agree also

monosylab1k
10-14-2007, 10:23 AM
I would turn in my purple and gold if they ever made a dumb move like that.
You're a Rockets fan.

Kriz-Maxima
10-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I kept praying the Lakers would get KG this offseason. As unlikely as it may be Dallas getting Kobe, it would certainly be an interesting sight to see.

Indazone
10-14-2007, 12:24 PM
WHat should Kobe be worried about. Hasn't he won enough rings already? Let him stay in LA and wait for Kupchek to find him another big.

The Franchise
10-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Kobe isn't going anywhere. No matter where he went it would cost that team to many pieces (Or to many signifigant pieces) to get him. Let's say he and Radmanovich was traded to the Rockets for T mac,Bonzi,Scola, and picks. Who would be the better team? THE LAKERS!!!! Shit that Lakers team might win a title.That is where the problem lies. Any team would have to gut themselves to make it work and then they become the Lakers. :(

Hemotivo
10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/jasonTerry_600_070209.jpg

Dalhoop
10-14-2007, 10:10 PM
No GM is going to give equal value for Kobe, not only because there is no equal value, but because he he is a cancer. Players do not go to LA to play for the lakers because of Kobe. He throws teammates under the bus, people don't forget that sort of thing.

A few things are certain, the Lakers are not going to get much better with Kobe this coming year, after this year is Kobe's final contract year. If Kobe wants to win a title, this brings several things into play.

1) Without Laker signing, and serious playoffs runs, Kobe is going to walk to a continder in two years.
2) Without a trade of Kobe before that time, the Lakers will get nothing in return from a Kobe walk.
3) The closer Kobe gets to the end of his contract, the more the Lakers NEED to make a deal. The more the Lakers need it, the less other teams have to offer to make it happen.

Kobe will be moved and the longer the Lakers wait, the less they will get in return.

Findog
10-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Players do not go to LA to play for the lakers because of Kobe. He throws teammates under the bus, people don't forget that sort of thing.

Shawn Marion would beg to differ. Maybe that says something about him that he would rather play with Kobe and go out in the first round than play on an elite team with Steve Nash, but this is a blanket statement.

Stone Cold Hakeem
10-15-2007, 12:20 AM

I would cry pussy juice if that went down.

Medvedenko
10-15-2007, 12:23 AM
You would cry...like in a bad way...or cry for jesus as this would finally make your team a competitor.

Obstructed_View
10-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Shawn Marion would beg to differ. Maybe that says something about him that he would rather play with Kobe and go out in the first round than play on an elite team with Steve Nash, but this is a blanket statement.
So the stupidest guy in the league would want to play with Kobe. Doesn't exactly strengthen the argument.

Medvedenko
10-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Your almighty Jordan through teammates and management under the buss a plethora of times....so many interviews and post game comments stating his displeasure...but Kobe's a cancer.....

I guess Team USA was wishin Kobe wouldn't play.....too bad they all pined for him to be on the team.

Marion, Kidd, Arenas, Artest and others have all said they would like to play with Kobe.

monosylab1k
10-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Your almighty Jordan through teammates and management under the buss a plethora of times....so many interviews and post game comments stating his displeasure...but Kobe's a cancer.....
The almighty Jordan got six rings without one of the most dominant big men ever. The almighty Jordan had the respect of his teammates despite how he acted.

Jordan's actions were based in competitiveness. Kobe's are out of selfishness. That's why Jordan's teammates respected him and that's why Kobe's teammates hate him.

The more I think about it the more I don't want Kobe coming to Dallas. Then again if he can bring just one title, he's worth all the bullshit.

The Franchise
10-15-2007, 11:52 AM

I guess Team USA was wishin Kobe wouldn't play.....too bad they all pined for him to be on the team.

Marion, Kidd, Arenas, Artest and others have all said they would like to play with Kobe.
Jordan would criticize his team but never to the degree of Kobe. Another difference was if he did critique them he would still try to get them involve in the flow of the game. The same can't be said for Jellybean. Kobe is a big reason why the Lakers underachieve. Learning to trust your teammates is a big part of winning.If he can learn to do that then he would be on Jordans level. Right now he is a notch below. Remember Jordan was selfish early in his career as well, but he got tired of hitting that brick wall of failure in the playoffs. Kobe just has a thicker skull it seems. :bang

Reggie Miller
10-15-2007, 01:58 PM

Nope. I always thought Jordan was a pompous asshole also. Who broke up the Bulls? Michael Jordan. What did he ever do without Pippen? Oh yeah, sell some overpriced shoes made in sweatshops... You're right they DO have a lot in common.

Shocker: People who have never played with Bryant for an entire season think they can put up with his crap for what amounted to a short exhibition schedule this summer.

Whether or not Bryant is a cancer, the atmosphere he helped to create (along with the media, etc.) is poisoning the Lakers. I hope he stays there. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.

stretch
10-15-2007, 02:07 PM
What did he ever do without Pippen?
What did Magic win without Kareem, what did Bird win without McHale and Parish, what did Kobe win without Shaq, what did Duncan win without Manu or Robinson... the list goes on...

monosylab1k
10-15-2007, 02:11 PM
What did he ever do without Pippen?
LMFAO you're comparing one of the all-time great centers with a pretty good (albeit very overrated) small forward? there's a reason Kobe has 3 rings, and it's spelled S-H-A-Q. there's a reason Pippen has 6, it's spelled J-O-R-D-A-N. not the other way around.

mardigan
10-15-2007, 02:22 PM
LMFAO you're comparing one of the all-time great centers with a pretty good (albeit very overrated) small forward? there's a reason Kobe has 3 rings, and it's spelled S-H-A-Q. there's a reason Pippen has 6, it's spelled J-O-R-D-A-N. not the other way around.
That argument will never be resolved. MJ didnt win before or after Pip. In fact, Pippen did much better without MJ than MJ did without Pip. No arguing that Pip owes most of his success and his rings to MJ, but no telling what MJ would have won without Pippen

monosylab1k
10-15-2007, 02:26 PM
so because Jordan didn't have success as a young kid with a shitty Chicago team, and then again as an old ass man with a shitty Washington team, that means Pippen was more successful without Jordan? Considering how good the Portland & Houston teams he played on were, I'd say Pippen failed big time without Jordan.

Obstructed_View
10-15-2007, 02:28 PM

One of them was winning championships. The other can't get out of the first round. Please stop even putting those two guys in the same sentence, unless that sentence states that they shouldn't be there together.

mardigan
10-15-2007, 02:39 PM
so because Jordan didn't have success as a young kid with a shitty Chicago team, and then again as an old ass man with a shitty Washington team, that means Pippen was more successful without Jordan? Considering how good the Portland & Houston teams he played on were, I'd say Pippen failed big time without Jordan.
All Im saying is its hard to tell if MJ would have won those 6 rings without Pippen. He probably would have a couple, but not 6. Pippen was a huge part of MJ's success

jman3000
10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
MJ-less bulls still got to ECF with Pippen leading the way during the baseball years.

stretch
10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
All Im saying is its hard to tell if MJ would have won those 6 rings without Pippen. He probably would have a couple, but not 6. Pippen was a huge part of MJ's success
It may be "hard to tell" if Jordan would have won 6 titles without Pippen. But it's a fact that Pippen would not have won 6 titles without Jordan. If you deny that, you're full of shit.

stretch
10-15-2007, 02:51 PM
MJ-less bulls still got to ECF with Pippen leading the way during the baseball years.
What good teams were in the ECF then? The East sucked then, as it does now.

Reggie Miller
10-15-2007, 04:56 PM

No, I'm not. I'm taking a riduiculous analogy to its ridiculous conclusion in order to demonstrate that it is in fact ridiculous.

MJ was an asshole. He was, is, and will be an arrogant jerk. He won 6 titles, so people overlook his personality problems. People compare Kobe to MJ and claim, "See, they're no different. People should kiss Bryant's ass like they did for MJ." My point is that MJ was always walking a thin line. A few spectacular failures would have led to him wearing the "cancer" label as well.

LakeShow
10-15-2007, 05:01 PM

and Jermaine Oneal

LakeShow
10-15-2007, 05:06 PM

We had this same discussion alittle while back. Some mavs fans just don't get it!

Fact: Michael Jordan did not win a title without Phil Jackson or Scotty Pippen! They can flip it anyway that they like, but it remains a "FACT"

Medvedenko
10-15-2007, 05:08 PM
While were on the topic....Kobe's career and players post 97 have been far more scrutinized and analyzed than any other point of the NBA history. With Cell cams, internet, blogs etc....you as a NBA pro can't do or say anything without it being over analyzed beyond recognition. You put Jordan in his prime sellling out various teammates and coaches with this type of atmosphere, you'll probably have similar "cancer" type labels. Hell, Magic got his coach fired...so it doesn't really matter.

Oh and Mono....Dirk and you're hapless Mavs didn't get out of the first round either...too bad really.

mardigan
10-15-2007, 05:26 PM
It may be "hard to tell" if Jordan would have won 6 titles without Pippen. But it's a fact that Pippen would not have won 6 titles without Jordan. If you deny that, you're full of shit.
Did you read the post before the one you quoted? The part about Pippen owing his success and rings to Jordan and what not?

monosylab1k
10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh and Mono....Dirk and you're hapless Mavs didn't get out of the first round either...too bad really.
And that's relevant how?

That's right, it's not. You brought it up since you don't have anything of substance to say. Thanks, now go get your fuckin shinebox.

stretch
10-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Did you read the post before the one you quoted? The part about Pippen owing his success and rings to Jordan and what not?
Sure did. So you mean to tell me you think Pippen had a better chance of leading a team to a title without Jordan, than Jordan did without Pippen? If so, you're a fucking moron.

stretch
10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
We had this same discussion alittle while back. Some mavs fans just don't get it!

Fact: Michael Jordan did not win a title without Phil Jackson or Scotty Pippen! They can flip it anyway that they like, but it remains a "FACT"
Fact: Jordan won six titles, which is three more than Kobe.

Fact: Kobe did not win a title without Phil Jackson or Shaquille O'Neal.

Fact: You are not a Lakers fan. You are a Rockets fan.

stretch
10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
MJ was an asshole. He was, is, and will be an arrogant jerk. He won 6 titles, so people overlook his personality problems. People compare Kobe to MJ and claim, "See, they're no different. People should kiss Bryant's ass like they did for MJ." My point is that MJ was always walking a thin line. A few spectacular failures would have led to him wearing the "cancer" label as well.
Are you retarded? All analysts do nothing EXCEPT kiss Kobe's ass.

mardigan
10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Sure did. So you mean to tell me you think Pippen had a better chance of leading a team to a title without Jordan, than Jordan did without Pippen? If so, you're a fucking moron.
So you mean to tell me that Jordan would have won 6 rings without Pippen? If so your a fucking moron.

stretch
10-15-2007, 06:49 PM
It's far more believable than Pippen leading the Bulls without Jordan to titles. Is it not?

DOMINATOR
10-15-2007, 07:46 PM
ying and yang

pippen couldn't lead squit without jordan

LakeShow
10-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Fact: Jordan won six titles, which is three more than Kobe.

Fact: Kobe did not win a title without Phil Jackson or Shaquille O'Neal.

Fact: You are not a Lakers fan. You are a Rockets fan.

Fact: you are a dumbass mavs fan! No disputing that!

stretch
10-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Fact: you are a dumbass mavs fan! No disputing that!
Fact: You don't know what the fuck you are talking about, which is why you had to resort to such a lame attempt at an insult.

Fact: You are still a Rockets fan.

DOMINATOR
10-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Fact: THIS THREAD SUCKS

Medvedenko
10-16-2007, 12:45 AM
You know.....I've been a laker fan my whole life with exception when the Suns had Barkley and they were my only other hope to knock off Jordan....too bad it didnt' work.....damn paxon.....anyways....I have a feeling Kobe's gone.... :(

Hemotivo
10-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Kobe not sure on playing next preseason game with tired legs
Updated: October 15, 2007, 7:46 PM ET

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant sat out practice for the second straight day Monday because of a sore knee, and said he didn't know if he'd play in the Los Angeles Lakers' next exhibition game.

The Lakers face the Seattle SuperSonics on Thursday night in Bakersfield -- the first of six exhibition games in nine days.

Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson said Bryant asked to rest his legs, adding that treatment included ice and massage. Bryant wasn't available to the media afterward, but before leaving the Lakers' practice facility, he expressed uncertainty concerning Thursday night, saying he would continue treatment.

Bryant has said very little to reporters since team owner Jerry Buss said last week in Honolulu that he "would certainly listen'' to trade offers for the Lakers' star.

Bryant has four years, worth $88.6 million, left on his contract, but can terminate the deal in two years, leaving $47.8 million on the table. He asked to be traded 4½ months ago, but told reporters on Oct. 1 that frustration led to his blowup and the time had come to move on.

Five players sat out practice Sunday -- Bryant, Lamar Odom (shoulder) Maurice Evans (hamstring), Chris Mihm (ankle) and Kwame Brown (ankle), and Ronny Turiaf left after straining his neck. Derek Fisher sat out a scrimmage at the end of practice because of sore feet.

All returned Monday except Bryant, although Odom's work was limited.

"I feel like we're turning the corner on it,'' Jackson said regarding the injuries. "Lamar's got a ways to go. Other than that, we're pretty optimistic.''

Odom won't play Thursday night, and Brown is considered doubtful. Jackson said there was a better chance that Brown would play this weekend. The Lakers, Clippers, Phoenix Suns and Charlotte Bobcats will participate in doubleheaders Saturday and Sunday at Staples Center.

Odom repeated what he said at the start of training camp -- that he plans to play in the season opener on Oct. 30 against the Houston Rockets.

"I'm a gamer -- just throw me out there,'' said Odom, who underwent surgery for a torn labrum in his left [shooting] shoulder last spring. "I'm ready to play, but I have to take my time. For right now, everything seems positive. I might not need any exhibition games.''

When asked how much pain he was in, Odom replied: "It's not as much as when I first did it. I play with that.''

Odom sat out five games last March after being diagnosed with a torn labrum. He underwent surgery after the Lakers were eliminated by the Suns in the first round of the playoffs.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3065296

Obstructed_View
10-16-2007, 07:47 AM
You put Jordan in his prime sellling out various teammates and coaches with this type of atmosphere, you'll probably have similar "cancer" type labels if he was unable to get out of the first round of the playoffs.
Amended for accuracy.

Medvedenko
10-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Just like when a great teammate MJ was with the Wiz.....yeah a lot of teammates love playing with him and they did so well......

monosylab1k
10-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Just like when a great teammate MJ was with the Wiz.....yeah a lot of teammates love playing with him and they did so well......
we'll see how great kobe is when he's 39.

Oh, Gee!!
10-16-2007, 09:24 AM
oh, noes!!!

Obstructed_View
10-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah, the Kobe to Jordan comparisons work much better when Jordan was past his prime and wasn't winning.

Obstructed_View
10-16-2007, 09:35 AM
we'll see how great kobe is when he's 39.
The point is that Kobe's about as good now as Jordan was when he was 39.

stretch
10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Yea, Jordan was like 38 and had a 51 point game. His last year in the NBA, he was 39 and turned 40, and still averaged 20 PPG, 6 RPG, and 4 APG, scoring 30 or more nine times, and 40 or more three times. Not to mention, he made the All-Star team those two years, and he had a terrible and unfocused team nearly in the playoffs in his last.

Oh, Gee!!
10-16-2007, 10:40 AM
WGAF whether Kobe is as good as Jordan? Kobe's awesome and would the Mavs a serious contender.

LakeShow
10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Fact: You don't know what the fuck you are talking about, which is why you had to resort to such a lame attempt at an insult.

Fact: You are still a Rockets fan.

Why even bother with this discussion? You say Pippen would not have won without Jordan, for the sake of Arguments, I SAY, Jordan would not have won without Pippen! I have FACTS to back up my argument, you have nothing but your idiotic assumptions that he would have. That's not enough and groundless!

Say no to drugs! A mind is a terrible thing to waste! Dumbass Bitch!

monosylab1k
10-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Why even bother with this discussion? You say Pippen would not have won without Jordan, for the sake of Arguments, I SAY, Jordan would not have won without Pippen! I have FACTS to back up my argument, you have nothing but your idiotic assumptions that he would have. That's not enough and groundless!

How many minutes is Steve Francis projected to get this year?

stretch
10-16-2007, 11:16 AM

So give me a reason to believe it is an "idiodic assumption" that Pippen would not have led the Bulls without Jordan to a title (which in fact, he did not, which likewise, is a FACT). Please explain, Rockets fan.

Another thing, I never said for a fact, that he WOULD lead the Bulls to a title without Pippen. I said that it is much more likely though, than for Pippen to have led the Bulls to a title without Jordan.

LakeShow
10-16-2007, 11:52 AM
So give me a reason to believe it is an "idiodic assumption" that Pippen would not have led the Bulls without Jordan to a title (which in fact, he did not, which likewise, is a FACT). Please explain, Rockets fan.

Another thing, I never said for a fact, that he WOULD lead the Bulls to a title without Pippen. I said that it is much more likely though, than for Pippen to have led the Bulls to a title without Jordan.

You said this above, fucking Cunt!

Assumptions! That's all you have. You can't call that a fact if he never had an opportunity to prove otherwise. They played together during those 6 titles, so you have no facts. The correct statement would be that Pippen DID not win a title without Jordan! That's a fact!! Ignoramus!

monosylab1k
10-16-2007, 11:53 AM

Assumptions! That's all you have. You can't call that a fact if he never had an opportunity to prove otherwise. They played together during those 6 titles, so you have no facts. The correct statement would be that Pippen DID not win a title without Jordan! That's a fact!! Ignoramus!
yeah but what is rafer alston's role going to be on the team this year?

stretch
10-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Okay, so he DID not win a title without Jordan. That's the fact, and all that matters. So why you so bitter, Rockets fan?

Jordan > Kobe

Jordan > Rockets

Jordan > Every player in NBA history

stretch
10-16-2007, 11:58 AM
lol, rockets fan

LakeShow
10-16-2007, 12:01 PM

Fucking you in the ass!

monosylab1k
10-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Fucking you in the ass!
i doubt it, but either way that will not be helping your team, the Houston Rockets, get closer to a title.

LakeShow
10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
How about this, "The Mavs will never win a title with Dirkie at the 4! No matter how much you've improved on the perimeter on defense, if wont make a difference in the playoffs. You still have Stay-Puff as your last line of defense in the paint So suck on that, instead of each other for a bit!

monosylab1k
10-16-2007, 12:48 PM
How about this, "The Mavs will never win a title with Dirkie at the 4! No matter how much you've improved on the perimeter on defense, if wont make a difference in the playoffs. You still have Stay-Puff as your last line of defense in the paint So suck on that, instead of each other for a bit!
but can Battier stay healthy?

stretch
10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
lol, Yao "Marshmallow" Ming

Findog
10-16-2007, 02:55 PM

Diop and Dampier are our last line of defense, not Dirk. Look at a depth chart once in a while.

Findog
10-16-2007, 02:55 PM

lol, Steve Francis.

Findog
10-16-2007, 02:56 PM

lol, Rick Adelman

Findog
10-16-2007, 02:57 PM

lol, can't get out of the first round and cries like a bitch McGrady

Findog
10-16-2007, 02:58 PM

this'll get about 500 responses from angry Spurs fans, but lol, Luis Scola.

Flopper
10-16-2007, 03:05 PM

lol, Dirk "Choke" OnDickitzki

monosylab1k
10-16-2007, 03:09 PM
lol, Dirk "Choke" OnDickitzki
lol, second round virgin!

Flopper
10-16-2007, 03:09 PM
lol, second round virgin!

lol, championship virgin!

Findog
10-16-2007, 03:11 PM
lol, championship virgin!

lol, ancient history smack!

Let's get some Celtics fans in here to talk some Bill Russell smack!

Flopper
10-16-2007, 03:12 PM
lol, ancient history smack!

Let's get some Celtics fans in here to talk some Bill Russell smack!

lol, nothing more than smack!

btw, at least the celtics actually won something in its history.

Findog
10-16-2007, 03:14 PM
lol, nothing more than smack!

Awesome, great comeback. I'm rendered speechless. Were you even alive in the mid-nineties?

Flopper
10-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Awesome, great comeback. I'm rendered speechless. Were you even alive in the mid-nineties?

hey a stupid post deserves a stupid reply.

Findog
10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
hey a stupid post deserves a stupid reply.

Tell us all about your fond memories of Hakeem, Big Shot Rob, Sam I Am and the original JET.

Besides, if we're going to go the route of choke smack, the Mavericks have nothing on the Rockets:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2005/series_dalhou.html

Flopper
10-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Besides, if we're going to go the route of choke smack, the Mavericks have nothing on the Rockets:

you want to go back then... okay.

choke smack:

http://www.nba.com/finals2006/

Dirkgreatness
10-16-2007, 03:46 PM
lol, where were the Rockets in the 06 playoffs?

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Tell us all about your fond memories of Hakeem, Big Shot Rob, Sam I Am and the original JET.

I have nightmares of those motherfuckers.

Oh, and just in case anyone forgot, 4 > 2+0.

Flopper
10-16-2007, 03:58 PM
lol, where were the Rockets in the 06 playoffs?

not choking in the finals at least.

Shank
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Want some dirt?

ESPN in LA has it that Kobe has cleaned out his locker.

Not sure what that means (maybe he's just a clean guy), but it's a little something.

monosylab1k
10-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Want some dirt?

Not sure what that means (maybe he's just a clean guy), but it's a little something.
:wow

COME ON DALLAS! IT'S FUCKING NOW OR NEVER! ANYBODY BUT DIRK IS FAIR GAME HERE!

stretch
10-16-2007, 04:03 PM
typically I don't believe much of "insider information" from internet forum posters, but I won't take this one lightly at all. I know that Shank is typically a reliable source. I really hope Kobe comes to dallas...

Findog
10-16-2007, 04:18 PM
you want to go back then... okay.

choke smack:

http://www.nba.com/finals2006/

Will Tracy and Yao ever pop their second-round cherry?

lurker
Yeah, I heard about him cleaning out his locker on another board too. Things are getting interesting now.

Findog
typically I don't believe much of "insider information" from internet forum posters, but I won't take this one lightly at all. I know that Shank is typically a reliable source. I really hope Kobe comes to dallas...

Yeah, I learned my lesson the hard way when I embarrassed myself in the Eddie Jones signing thread.

Findog
10-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Want some dirt?

TrueHoop said he hasn't been practicing either.

Dirkgreatness
10-16-2007, 04:22 PM
not choking in the finals at least.

Better to be in the Finals than not being in the playoffs at all.

monosylab1k
10-16-2007, 04:37 PM
the Ticket in Dallas cut short a Hardline segment involving bullshitting and giggles to talk about "Kobe", so something big must be going down. The Ticket will never put sports first unless they get paid to.

stretch
10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Sounds like the "cleaning out the locker" stuff was quite true... who knows what will happen?

SenorSpur
10-16-2007, 04:51 PM
the Ticket in Dallas cut short a Hardline segment involving bullshitting and giggles to talk about "Kobe", so something big must be going down. The Ticket will never put sports first unless they get paid to.

That's a supreme smackdown of The Ticket, but alas a true one nevertheless. :lol

DubMcDub
10-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Things are getting interesting....let's see what happens.

thispego
10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
what do mavs fans see as equal trade value here? what do you expect to give away?

DubMcDub
10-16-2007, 05:18 PM
what do mavs fans see as equal trade value here? what do you expect to give away?

If it's JHo+Jet+filler, I'm down. If it's JHo+Jet+Stackhouse+filler...I'm a bit uneasy about giving up all 3 of those guys.

Findog
10-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Kobe's going to the Eastern Conference so it's a purely academic exercise. Nobody outside of Dirk has any "star" power to sell tickets.

Findog
10-16-2007, 05:19 PM
If it's JHo+Jet+filler, I'm down. If it's JHo+Jet+Stackhouse+filler...I'm a bit uneasy about giving up all 3 of those guys.

Stackhouse would be quite redundant if we got Kobe. If Stack is the difference btwn getting him and not getting him, see ya Jerry!

thispego
10-16-2007, 05:26 PM
man, dont know if jho + terry is enough, even with stackhouse. I think Findog may be right on this one

baseline bum
10-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Damn, 570KLAC in LA just reported Phil Jackson told them Kobe cleaned out a lot of his locker stuff from his locker, that he's not hurt even though he's not practicing, and that he was meeting with team officials today with his agent. They asked him today if he would ever play another game in a Lakers jersey, and Kobe said "I don't know".

DubMcDub
10-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Stackhouse would be quite redundant if we got Kobe. If Stack is the difference btwn getting him and not getting him, see ya Jerry!

It's not so much that I value Stack as an individual that much, I just think in general it's too much to give up 3 of our 4 best scorers for him.

Obviously I'd be down with JHo+Stack+filler or Jet+Stack+filler, but I don't think either of those are viable.

CavsSuperFan
10-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Well...I can't reveal my sources but I heard that Dr. Buss is going to give Mitch a blank check so he can go buy Kobe an All Star team to not share the ball with.... :elephant

LEONARD
10-16-2007, 05:55 PM
That's a supreme smackdown of The Ticket, but alas a true one nevertheless. :lol

I'm sure he said that somewhat tongue in cheek since so many say they never talk sports, which isn't even close to true...

lurker
10-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Kobe is denying that he cleaned out his locker.

Which means he did.

Medvedenko
10-16-2007, 06:05 PM
Well I watched the interview with Phil on the Lakers website and he fielded a bunch of questions regarding Kobe.....all I heard was No comment this and no comment that.....just looking at his face you could tell that Kobe's laker days seem to be behind him now...the inteview is very telling and Phil is keeping it close to the chest. Who knows for you consiparcy nuts, maybe it's all ruse to get Jermaine Oneal in LA...who knows for sure.

Still I like the Bulls offer better than the Dallas one.

Phil Hellmuth
10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
speculation according to the next show on 570

Shank
10-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Bulls have the best pieces to offer and will give Kobe the chance to live out his wannabe MJ days in Chicago.

Chad Ford threw out some scenarios today, mentioning that Kobe would want to go to championship contenders and then went on to tell us how the Grizzlies and Hawks could get him? Um...Chad?

Medvedenko
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
He should go to Toronto...that would be sweet....he could play with Bosh and TJ Ford....trade everyone else away....Barnagni, Garbajosa, whomever....still I don't think the Salaries work...maybe you'll have to include TJ....

mavsfan1000
10-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Well I watched the interview with Phil on the Lakers website and he fielded a bunch of questions regarding Kobe.....all I heard was No comment this and no comment that.....just looking at his face you could tell that Kobe's laker days seem to be behind him now...the inteview is very telling and Phil is keeping it close to the chest. Who knows for you consiparcy nuts, maybe it's all ruse to get Jermaine Oneal in LA...who knows for sure.

Still I like the Bulls offer better than the Dallas one.
You just hate the mavericks. Admit it.

Amuseddaysleeper
10-16-2007, 07:11 PM
He should go to Toronto...that would be sweet....he could play with Bosh and TJ Ford....trade everyone else away....Barnagni, Garbajosa, whomever....still I don't think the Salaries work...maybe you'll have to include TJ....

you just want him in toronto so you could see him play more often in person :lol

(you do live in toronto, right?)

Holmes_Fans
10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
It's not so much that I value Stack as an individual that much, I just think in general it's too much to give up 3 of our 4 best scorers for him.

Obviously I'd be down with JHo+Stack+filler or Jet+Stack+filler, but I don't think either of those are viable.
No way we get him without sending JHo. I would not mind Jet+Jho+stack+draft picks we will misuse anyways.

Stack I could definetely live without until he gets over the fact he is an average 6th man now and not a superstar. Jet has to go to make the money work

Obstructed_View
10-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm sure he said that somewhat tongue in cheek since so many say they never talk sports, which isn't even close to true...
You're right. They must talk about sports almost 30 percent of the time. That's not even close to never.

Medvedenko
10-17-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't live in Toronto anymore, but if Calgary ever gets an expansion...than Kobe come on down... :)

Time will heal all......that's what I keep telling myself. If the lakers can't get by the first round with this group, then blow it up.....too many soft injury prone guys on the team anyway....

Oh, and I don't hate the mavs, I would just rather get the package of players from the bulls....

mystargtr34
10-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Lakers are getting ripped badly if its a Howard + Terry + Stackhouse deal.

They are better off trying for Deng + Gordon + Thomas

Trainwreck2100
10-17-2007, 03:13 AM
Chi won't get rid of Deng. Like Miami wouldn't part with Wade in the Shaq deal

slayermin
10-17-2007, 03:30 AM
WTF? Why would the Lakers help out the Mavericks? I don't get it.

B and P Cats
10-17-2007, 03:43 AM
I can see Kobe wanting to go to the Mavs, but I can also see Stern hoping he goes to the Eastern Conference somewhere. I think he would like to balance the two conferences more so they are more competitive. KG just landed in the East and having Kobe there too with a good team would help out the East as well. Time will tell on this one.

slayermin
10-17-2007, 04:08 AM
I can see Kobe wanting to go to the Mavs, but I can also see Stern hoping he goes to the Eastern Conference somewhere. I think he would like to balance the two conferences more so they are more competitive. KG just landed in the East and having Kobe there too with a good team would help out the East as well. Time will tell on this one.

It makes sense to me. If you can get equal value in the East, it's a no-brainer. You send Kobe to Chicago or New Jersey? I would much rather have Richard Jefferson or Vince Carter than Josh Howard.

B and P Cats
10-17-2007, 05:01 AM
It makes sense to me. If you can get equal value in the East, it's a no-brainer. You send Kobe to Chicago or New Jersey? I would much rather have Richard Jefferson or Vince Carter than Josh Howard.

I think I would agree with that, but I'm not sure Jackson would. He seems to like to develop young talent and neither Jefferson or Vince Carter are particularly young I don't think. If he went looking to the Bulls to replace a guard like Kobe it would probably be Deng or Hinrich. But, I'm not sure whether Chicago would part with either. Plus probably neither earn enough to match Kobe (I don't keep up with salaries, though). But, who knows, maybe something can be worked out with them. They seem the most likely good team. Maybe the Cavs could make a deal too. I don't know anything about their players other than LBJ, though. Even after the last Finals!

Kent_in_Atlanta
10-17-2007, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock in these reports. There are going to be a lot of teams that will be able to offer a return package at least as good as Howard/Terry.

And you know Buss would prefer to send him to the East.

Kent_in_Atlanta
10-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Anyone here pay for the ESPN Insider stuff? What teams are they speculating as possible destinations? Just curious.

Humble Billy Hayes
10-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Let's Go Mavs!
Let's Go Mavs!
Let's Go Mavs!
Let's Go Mavs!
Let's Go Mavs!
Let's Go Mavs!
Let's Go Mavs!

Humble Billy Hayes
10-17-2007, 09:31 AM
does Kobe go to the free throw line a lot? i don't pay attention to anybody that isn't a member of the Dallas Mavericks.

i better be able to say -

"Kobe Bryant, twoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shots!"

lurker
10-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Anyone here pay for the ESPN Insider stuff? What teams are they speculating as possible destinations? Just curious.
On Monday, our ESPN.com panel debated what's going on with Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

Let's take it a step further today and explore exactly what L.A. could get in return for its superstar.

First, three points:

1. The Lakers aren't giving Bryant away. In other words, they won't take back another team's junk.

They need at least one All-Star-type player, young players with potential, draft picks and expiring contracts. I don't think Jerry Buss is in the mood for a fire sale.

2. Bryant's not going to approve a trade to a team that can't compete for a championship with him on the roster. So if the trade depletes a team, he's not going to approve it. At the same time, I think we shouldn't get too hung up on what we think Bryant wants in terms of market size and other factors. Sure, in a perfect world, he'd love to play in New York. But the Knicks have little of value to give back in return. I think that Bryant is looking for a chance to win a title.

(One side point: I think both Bryant and Buss would prefer that Bryant go to the East. But that's not set in stone if the right deal comes along.)

3. Bryant makes roughly $19.5 million this season, and any team over the cap that does a deal with L.A. has to get within 25 percent and $100,000 of that amount to make it happen.

Given these three points, it won't be easy to trade Bryant. Only a few teams have what it takes to get him.

Who are they? Here are the five teams that have the best shot at landing Bryant, based on the criteria above.

The Favorite
Chicago Bulls
This is no surprise. It's well-known Bryant wants to play in Chicago, and the Bulls have the roster to get a deal done.

After passing on Pau Gasol, losing in the conference semifinals decisively and missing out on Kevin Garnett, you have to believe that the Bulls and GM John Paxson are feeling some pressure.

So who would they give up? From the sound of things, they won't part with Luol Deng (which could turn out to be a deal-breaker).

Without Deng involved, they have two basic packages to offer:

Option 1: Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Joakim Noah, Viktor Khryapa and Adrian Griffin.
(View the deal in our Trade Machine.)

This deal would work, even though Hinrich is a base-year compensation player.

It would give the Lakers a new backcourt and a player in Noah with the personality and star appeal to thrive in L.A.

But would the Bulls lose too much? Who would play point guard for them? Would a combo of Bryant, Deng and Ben Wallace trump Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce in the East?

Option 2: Ben Gordon, Joakim Noah, Viktor Khryapa, Adrian Griffin, P.J. Brown (in a sign-and-trade) and two first-round draft picks.

This deal probably would work better for the Bulls. They would have a core that would make them the favorites to win the East.

The question is whether it would be enough for the Lakers. Gordon and Noah are nice pieces, but the draft picks would likely be low first-rounders. Adding Brown (in a deal that would allow the Lakers to release him after Year 1) would give them roughly $14 million in cap relief next summer. But with Gordon looking for a long-term extension, he could make much of those savings go away.

Note: The Bulls could throw in Andres Nocioni to sweeten the deal, but he can't be traded until mid-December per league free agent rules. And of course, players like Chris Duhon and Tyrus Thomas could be used in other versions of the options above.

The Contenders
1. Washington Wizards

Could the Wizards get both MJ and Bryant in the same decade?

The Wizards' package: Gilbert Arenas, Nick Young, Darius Songaila and a first-round draft pick.

The Wizards would immediately become Eastern Conference contenders. And with Arenas expected to opt out of his contract next summer, the Wizards would remove the risk that he bolts for another destination … while getting Bryant right now.

For the Lakers, Arenas would return home to add some sizzle to the roster, and Young, another local product, is an athletic 2-guard who would eventually take Bryant's spot in the lineup.

Another possibility would be a three-way deal that would send Bryant to the Bulls, Arenas, Young and Noah to the Lakers, and Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Viktor Khryapa, Griffin and a re-signed Brown to the Wizards.

2. Phoenix Suns
The Suns flirted all summer with making a blockbuster trade. While Shawn Marion's name dominated the headlines, sources told both Marc Stein and me this summer that the Suns were willing to give up Amare Stoudemire to get Garnett.

So would they be willing to let Stoudemire go to get Bryant? If the answer is yes, can the Lakers really say no to that?

The Suns' package: Stoudemire and Raja Bell.

The deal would make the Suns the smallest team in the league. But with the trade of Kurt Thomas this summer, they're already heading in that direction. This would make the Suns even more extreme, but still a serious contender.

On the Lakers' side, Stoudemire is probably the best talent that they could get in return for Bryant. Pair him with Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, and the Lakers have an outstanding front line. But what would they do in the backcourt?

3. Atlanta Hawks
The Hawks are the most screwed-up franchise in the business, and they've missed the playoffs eight straight years. So this one's a long shot.

But the Hawks have the pieces to make the Lakers look long and hard at a deal: namely All-Star Joe Johnson and potential All-Star Josh Smith, along with expiring contracts.

The Hawks' package: Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Lorenzen Wright and Anthony Johnson.

Now, would Bryant want to go to Atlanta? And would the Hawks have enough talent to win the East with Bryant?

It's questionable. Josh Childress is a very good role player, but is he ready to be Bryant's Scottie Pippen? Al Horford, Marvin Williams and Acie Law IV have potential, sure -- but they would have to meet the high expectations that come with being lottery picks.

Then again, in the East, Bryant could take this team to the Finals. The questions would be whether Bryant sees it that way and whether the Lakers see this as their best offer.

4. Memphis Grizzlies

I know the mention of the Grizzlies -- a team some seem to believe isn't really in the NBA -- may cause you to scratch your head, but hear me out.

First, they have the kind of young, exciting athletes the Lakers would be looking to rebuild around. Second, the Grizzlies would still have a strong enough core to be contenders, even in the West. Finally, Jerry West -- a Bryant confidant -- moved from the Lakers' front office to Memphis, and his dream was always to have Bryant join him. Maybe he would come out of retirement to make it happen.

The Grizzlies' package: Mike Conley Jr., Rudy Gay, Mike Miller and Hakim Warrick.

This would have to work for the Lakers. They would be set at the 1, 2 and 3 with this deal. Conley and Gay have the potential to be stars. With Miller and Odom providing veteran balance, the further development of Bynum would make the Lakers one of the best teams in the West.

The deal would also be a slam dunk for Memphis. With Pau Gasol and Bryant, the Grizz would have two legit All-Stars. Kyle Lowry and Damon Stoudamire could man the point, and Darko Milicic projects to be better than what Bryant's had in the middle since Shaq left.

The Long Shots

Pretty much everyone else falls into this category.

We know Bryant would like to go to Dallas, but unless the Mavs are willing to put Dirk Nowitzki in a deal, I don't see it happening. And if Dirk is in the deal, what's the point for Bryant?

Some mention the Knicks, but who are they offering? David Lee and … ?

Listen, Lee is a nice player, but you don't trade Bryant for him straight up. Anyone else the Knicks could throw into the deal would bring the value down, not up. I guess they could claim that Zach Randolph would be an asset for the Lakers, but is L.A. really trading Bryant for Randolph? I don't think so.

The Jazz could use Andrei Kirilenko as bait. But unless Deron Williams is also in the deal, it's tough to see the Lakers' biting. And Utah would probably be one destination Bryant would veto regardless of whether he has a chance to win a title there.

There's speculation about Michael Jordan and Bryant finally coming together in Charlotte. But any deal that would work for all parties would probably have to include Raymond Felton, Adam Morrison and Gerald Wallace, and it's not clear that would get it done.

Plus, what would that leave Charlotte with? Bryant, Jason Richardson and Emeka Okafor. And if the Bobcats are including Wallace in a trade, they have to wait until Dec. 15.

The Pistons could offer Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince for Bryant. I think it would be a great deal for Detroit, but I don't see the Lakers' wanting two very good but bland players back for Bryant. I'm also pretty sure he's not ready to do Detroit any favors.

Kent_in_Atlanta
10-17-2007, 12:45 PM
On Monday, our ESPN.com panel debated what's going on with Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

Let's take it a step further today and explore exactly what L.A. could get in return for its superstar.

First, three points:

1. The Lakers aren't giving Bryant away. In other words, they won't take back another team's junk.

They need at least one All-Star-type player, young players with potential, draft picks and expiring contracts. I don't think Jerry Buss is in the mood for a fire sale.

2. Bryant's not going to approve a trade to a team that can't compete for a championship with him on the roster. So if the trade depletes a team, he's not going to approve it. At the same time, I think we shouldn't get too hung up on what we think Bryant wants in terms of market size and other factors. Sure, in a perfect world, he'd love to play in New York. But the Knicks have little of value to give back in return. I think that Bryant is looking for a chance to win a title.

(One side point: I think both Bryant and Buss would prefer that Bryant go to the East. But that's not set in stone if the right deal comes along.)

3. Bryant makes roughly $19.5 million this season, and any team over the cap that does a deal with L.A. has to get within 25 percent and $100,000 of that amount to make it happen.

Given these three points, it won't be easy to trade Bryant. Only a few teams have what it takes to get him.

Who are they? Here are the five teams that have the best shot at landing Bryant, based on the criteria above.

The Favorite
Chicago Bulls
This is no surprise. It's well-known Bryant wants to play in Chicago, and the Bulls have the roster to get a deal done.

After passing on Pau Gasol, losing in the conference semifinals decisively and missing out on Kevin Garnett, you have to believe that the Bulls and GM John Paxson are feeling some pressure.

So who would they give up? From the sound of things, they won't part with Luol Deng (which could turn out to be a deal-breaker).

Without Deng involved, they have two basic packages to offer:

Option 1: Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Joakim Noah, Viktor Khryapa and Adrian Griffin.

This deal would work, even though Hinrich is a base-year compensation player.

It would give the Lakers a new backcourt and a player in Noah with the personality and star appeal to thrive in L.A.

But would the Bulls lose too much? Who would play point guard for them? Would a combo of Bryant, Deng and Ben Wallace trump Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce in the East?

Option 2: Ben Gordon, Joakim Noah, Viktor Khryapa, Adrian Griffin, P.J. Brown (in a sign-and-trade) and two first-round draft picks.

This deal probably would work better for the Bulls. They would have a core that would make them the favorites to win the East.

The question is whether it would be enough for the Lakers. Gordon and Noah are nice pieces, but the draft picks would likely be low first-rounders. Adding Brown (in a deal that would allow the Lakers to release him after Year 1) would give them roughly $14 million in cap relief next summer. But with Gordon looking for a long-term extension, he could make much of those savings go away.

Note: The Bulls could throw in Andres Nocioni to sweeten the deal, but he can't be traded until mid-December per league free agent rules. And of course, players like Chris Duhon and Tyrus Thomas could be used in other versions of the options above.

The Contenders
1. Washington Wizards

Could the Wizards get both MJ and Bryant in the same decade?

The Wizards' package: Gilbert Arenas, Nick Young, Darius Songaila and a first-round draft pick.

The Wizards would immediately become Eastern Conference contenders. And with Arenas expected to opt out of his contract next summer, the Wizards would remove the risk that he bolts for another destination … while getting Bryant right now.

For the Lakers, Arenas would return home to add some sizzle to the roster, and Young, another local product, is an athletic 2-guard who would eventually take Bryant's spot in the lineup.

Another possibility would be a three-way deal that would send Bryant to the Bulls, Arenas, Young and Noah to the Lakers, and Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Viktor Khryapa, Griffin and a re-signed Brown to the Wizards.

2. Phoenix Suns
The Suns flirted all summer with making a blockbuster trade. While Shawn Marion's name dominated the headlines, sources told both Marc Stein and me this summer that the Suns were willing to give up Amare Stoudemire to get Garnett.

So would they be willing to let Stoudemire go to get Bryant? If the answer is yes, can the Lakers really say no to that?

The Suns' package: Stoudemire and Raja Bell.

The deal would make the Suns the smallest team in the league. But with the trade of Kurt Thomas this summer, they're already heading in that direction. This would make the Suns even more extreme, but still a serious contender.

On the Lakers' side, Stoudemire is probably the best talent that they could get in return for Bryant. Pair him with Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom, and the Lakers have an outstanding front line. But what would they do in the backcourt?

3. Atlanta Hawks
The Hawks are the most screwed-up franchise in the business, and they've missed the playoffs eight straight years. So this one's a long shot.

But the Hawks have the pieces to make the Lakers look long and hard at a deal: namely All-Star Joe Johnson and potential All-Star Josh Smith, along with expiring contracts.

The Hawks' package: Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Lorenzen Wright and Anthony Johnson.

Now, would Bryant want to go to Atlanta? And would the Hawks have enough talent to win the East with Bryant?

It's questionable. Josh Childress is a very good role player, but is he ready to be Bryant's Scottie Pippen? Al Horford, Marvin Williams and Acie Law IV have potential, sure -- but they would have to meet the high expectations that come with being lottery picks.

Then again, in the East, Bryant could take this team to the Finals. The questions would be whether Bryant sees it that way and whether the Lakers see this as their best offer.

4. Memphis Grizzlies

I know the mention of the Grizzlies -- a team some seem to believe isn't really in the NBA -- may cause you to scratch your head, but hear me out.

First, they have the kind of young, exciting athletes the Lakers would be looking to rebuild around. Second, the Grizzlies would still have a strong enough core to be contenders, even in the West. Finally, Jerry West -- a Bryant confidant -- moved from the Lakers' front office to Memphis, and his dream was always to have Bryant join him. Maybe he would come out of retirement to make it happen.

The Grizzlies' package: Mike Conley Jr., Rudy Gay, Mike Miller and Hakim Warrick.

This would have to work for the Lakers. They would be set at the 1, 2 and 3 with this deal. Conley and Gay have the potential to be stars. With Miller and Odom providing veteran balance, the further development of Bynum would make the Lakers one of the best teams in the West.

The deal would also be a slam dunk for Memphis. With Pau Gasol and Bryant, the Grizz would have two legit All-Stars. Kyle Lowry and Damon Stoudamire could man the point, and Darko Milicic projects to be better than what Bryant's had in the middle since Shaq left.

The Long Shots

Pretty much everyone else falls into this category.

We know Bryant would like to go to Dallas, but unless the Mavs are willing to put Dirk Nowitzki in a deal, I don't see it happening. And if Dirk is in the deal, what's the point for Bryant?

Some mention the Knicks, but who are they offering? David Lee and … ?

Listen, Lee is a nice player, but you don't trade Bryant for him straight up. Anyone else the Knicks could throw into the deal would bring the value down, not up. I guess they could claim that Zach Randolph would be an asset for the Lakers, but is L.A. really trading Bryant for Randolph? I don't think so.

The Jazz could use Andrei Kirilenko as bait. But unless Deron Williams is also in the deal, it's tough to see the Lakers' biting. And Utah would probably be one destination Bryant would veto regardless of whether he has a chance to win a title there.

There's speculation about Michael Jordan and Bryant finally coming together in Charlotte. But any deal that would work for all parties would probably have to include Raymond Felton, Adam Morrison and Gerald Wallace, and it's not clear that would get it done.

Plus, what would that leave Charlotte with? Bryant, Jason Richardson and Emeka Okafor. And if the Bobcats are including Wallace in a trade, they have to wait until Dec. 15.

The Pistons could offer Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince for Bryant. I think it would be a great deal for Detroit, but I don't see the Lakers' wanting two very good but bland players back for Bryant. I'm also pretty sure he's not ready to do Detroit any favors.

Thanks man!

Obstructed_View
10-17-2007, 12:51 PM
It's a good thing for Dallas fans that the deal looks unworkable for the Mavs. It would be a shame for Mark Cuban to be able to break up a 67 win team just so he can play with his human baseball card collection.

LakeShow
10-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Diop and Dampier are our last line of defense, not Dirk. Look at a depth chart once in a while.

Uh, what the fuck does the depth chart have to do with Dirk playing the 4 in the playoffs? In the playoffs Dirk at the 4 is your last line of defense. Damp and Diop are too busy trying to guard Dirkies man and often can not leave their man to help, that's where Dirkie comes in, and players will light up just seeing him back there and attack the rim at will with little to no resistence. It happens every year!

I think you should do like your fellow moron mavs fans. Rather than take a risk of being OWNED on your basketball knowledge. Just call me a Rockets fan! :toast

Findog
10-17-2007, 01:28 PM
In the playoffs Dirk at the 4 is your last line of defense.

You've never watched a Mavericks game, have you?

Damp and Diop are too busy trying to guard Dirkies man and often can not leave their man to help, that's where Dirkie comes in, and players will light up just seeing him back there and attack the rim at will with little to no resistence. It happens every year!

The Mavs signed Diop and Dampier for Tim Duncan, Yao Ming, Carlos Boozer and Amare Stoudemire, not Lamar Odom's vagina or Ronny Turiaf's bum ticker. They anchor our defensive frontline, not Dirk.

I think you should do like your fellow moron mavs fans. Rather than take a risk of being OWNED on your basketball knowledge. Just call me a Rockets fan! :toast

I could care less what team you root for, you don't have any acumen for basketball if you think Dirk is our "last line of defense." I don't think even you know what the fuck that means.

stretch
10-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Uh, what the fuck does the depth chart have to do with Dirk playing the 4 in the playoffs? In the playoffs Dirk at the 4 is your last line of defense. Damp and Diop are too busy trying to guard Dirkies man and often can not leave their man to help, that's where Dirkie comes in, and players will light up just seeing him back there and attack the rim at will with little to no resistence. It happens every year!

lol, fake lakers fan

stretch
10-17-2007, 01:46 PM

The Mavs signed Diop and Dampier for Tim Duncan, Yao Ming, Carlos Boozer and Amare Stoudemire, not Lamar Odom's vagina or Ronny Turiaf's bum ticker. They anchor our defensive frontline, not Dirk.

I could care less what team you root for, you don't have any acumen for basketball if you think Dirk is our "last line of defense." I don't think even you know what the fuck that means.
dont argue with him. just make a one-line smartass reply to everything he says. it pisses him off, and he will call you a "BITCH!!!" or something like that, thus proving that he's an idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about. he is an ignorant rockets fan, that came on this website posing as a Lakers fan, just so he can talk crap to the Spurs fans about "his lakers" 14 rings or whatever. and he will never get a clue when it comes to Dirk and the Mavs. he is just a blind hater. you can never get anywhere with those guys. its like talking to a wall. fucking pointless.

Findog
10-17-2007, 02:03 PM
he is an ignorant rockets fan, that came on this website posing as a Lakers fan, just so he can talk crap to the Spurs fans about "his lakers" 14 rings or whatever. .

Uh, I don't even know where to begin with that. The word "sad" comes to mind.

LakeShow
10-17-2007, 02:06 PM
dont argue with him. just make a one-line smartass reply to everything he says. it pisses him off, and he will call you a "BITCH!!!" or something like that, thus proving that he's an idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about. he is an ignorant rockets fan, that came on this website posing as a Lakers fan, just so he can talk crap to the Spurs fans about "his lakers" 14 rings or whatever. and he will never get a clue when it comes to Dirk and the Mavs. he is just a blind hater. you can never get anywhere with those guys. its like talking to a wall. fucking pointless.

Especially from bitches like you that don't know shit! Dumbass mavs fan!

LakeShow
10-17-2007, 02:12 PM

Alright, I found a mavs fan with some balls. To actually talk ball. :toast

I've watched all of the mavs failures in the playoffs and it all boiled down to Dirk. If you noticed, Dirk is supposed to be matched up with those players that you mentioned. The only one Damp and Diop should be guarding is Ming, alone with Shaq and other centers in the league. The others play the 4 and should be Dirk's man! Those guys can't guard those players as proven every season.

LakeShow
10-17-2007, 02:17 PM

You have to excuse Stretch, he has a "little" problem and I can understand his constant anger. Hell, if i were in his shoes, i would probably commit suicide. To be laughed at and ridiculed for his "little" problem has to be unbearable at time. Girls call him "inchworm", I know it has to hurt! :depressed

Findog
10-17-2007, 02:23 PM
I've watched all of the mavs failures in the playoffs and it all boiled down to Dirk.

So, lack of perimeter defense against Houston, Phoenix, Miami, Golden State, San Antonio, Dirk's fault. Gotcha. Avery Johnson getting outcoached by Pat Riley and Greg Popovich, Dirk's fault. Gotcha.

If you noticed, Dirk is supposed to be matched up with those players that you mentioned.

Tim Duncan doesn't guard Dirk because he abuses him on the high post. Yao Ming doesn't guard Dirk because he abuses him on the high post. Amare Stoudemire doesn't guard Dirk because he can't guard an empty gym, much less a top-five player in the league. There are very few two-way franchise players. Dirk isn't the only star player to get hidden on defense.

The others play the 4 and should be Dirk's man! Those guys can't guard those players as proven every season.

Wait, I thought depth charts didn't matter. In any event, Dirk causes just as many mismatches on the offensive end of the floor for other teams. He's a decent help defender and a lousy on the ball defender. He's much less of a liability on defense than his buddy in the desert. And having Dampier out with a torn rotator cuff really hurt us against Golden State because nobody was back to protect the rim from dribble penetration. Don Nelson put Baron Davis and four wings on the floor against Dallas, who was Dirk supposed to guard. We don't get any offense out of our center position because Diop and Dampier are needed for those post players like Duncan, Yao and Amare in order to get out of the West. It means we're vulnerable to smallball teams like Golden State. That's only partially Dirk's fault, not ALL on him.

stretch
10-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Sad indeed.

stretch
10-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Alright, I found a mavs fan with some balls. To actually talk ball. :toast

I've watched all of the mavs failures in the playoffs and it all boiled down to Dirk. If you noticed, Dirk is supposed to be matched up with those players that you mentioned. The only one Damp and Diop should be guarding is Ming, alone with Shaq and other centers in the league. The others play the 4 and should be Dirk's man! Those guys can't guard those players as proven every season.
Then explain to us why Duncan pretty much never guards Dirk?

EDIT: Apparently Findog already had the same thing in mind...

stretch
10-17-2007, 02:40 PM
You have to excuse Stretch, he has a "little" problem and I can understand his constant anger. Hell, if i were in his shoes, i would probably commit suicide. To be laughed at and ridiculed for his "little" problem has to be unbearable at time. Girls call him "inchworm", I know it has to hurt! :depressed
lol, stealing Maloof's (an old poster on FWST) insults

LakeShow
10-17-2007, 02:40 PM
So, lack of perimeter defense against Houston, Phoenix, Miami, Golden State, San Antonio, Dirk's fault. Gotcha. Avery Johnson getting outcoached by Pat Riley and Greg Popovich, Dirk's fault. Gotcha.

Tim Duncan doesn't guard Dirk because he abuses him on the high post. Yao Ming doesn't guard Dirk because he abuses him on the high post. Amare Stoudemire doesn't guard Dirk because he can't guard an empty gym, much less a top-five player in the league. There are very few two-way franchise players. Dirk isn't the only star player to get hidden on defense.

Wait, I thought depth charts didn't matter. In any event, Dirk causes just as many mismatches on the offensive end of the floor for other teams. He's a decent help defender and a lousy on the ball defender. He's much less of a liability on defense than his buddy in the desert. And having Dampier out with a torn rotator cuff really hurt us against Golden State because nobody was back to protect the rim from dribble penetration. Don Nelson put Baron Davis and four wings on the floor against Dallas, who was Dirk supposed to guard. We don't get any offense out of our center position because Diop and Dampier are needed for those post players like Duncan, Yao and Amare in order to get out of the West. It means we're vulnerable to smallball teams like Golden State. That's only partially Dirk's fault, not ALL on him.

Okay, we're getting sidetracked here. I said, the mavs will never win with Dirk at the 4 in the playoffs. The 4 position is a pivital position in the paint. He can not defend there. With the no touch rule, its easy for players to get by their man, leaving Dirkie to fend the paint. He Cant! All of that talk about PF's that do not guard him is irrelevent. You have a power forward that plays primarily on the perimeter on offense and in the low post on defense, poorly I might add. Teams will keep their power foward where they belong, in the low post. Dirks game is good for the regular season and you'll win alot of games. In the playoffs? His game is a liability! Especially when you can put 6'5 players on him and guard him adequately and have no resistance from attacking the rim.

Humble Billy Hayes
10-17-2007, 03:03 PM
KOBE IS COMING TO DALLAS!!!!

IT'S IN THE NUMBERS -

Kobe lost 18 points this offseason. he went from 220 pounds to 202 pounds. 2+2=4. The 4th letter of the alphabet is D. D = Dallas!

CavsSuperFan
10-17-2007, 03:13 PM
I heard that both Dallas & Chicago have agreed to a trade involving Kobe...But the snag is that it is a package deal and someone has to take Mitch Kupchak with him... :smokin

Findog
10-17-2007, 03:19 PM
You have a power forward that plays primarily on the perimeter on offense and in the low post on defense, poorly I might add. Teams will keep their power foward where they belong, in the low post. Dirks game is good for the regular season and you'll win alot of games. In the playoffs? His game is a liability! Especially when you can put 6'5 players on him and guard him adequately and have no resistance from attacking the rim.

Not as much of an issue when Dampier is there alongside him. When Dampier is gone and Dirk slides over to C like he did against Golden State? A big problem.

big3bigD
10-17-2007, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't put too much stock in these reports. There are going to be a lot of teams that will be able to offer a return package at least as good as Howard/Terry.

And you know Buss would prefer to send him to the East.

Kobe has the only active no-trade clause in the NBA in his contract, effectively allowing him to pretty much choose the team that gets him.

Medvedenko
10-17-2007, 03:51 PM
That's true...but apparently he practised today and will play in tomorrow's exhibition game.....

E20
10-17-2007, 05:09 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/If-Lakers-want-to-talk-deal-for-Kobe-Cuban-is-l;_ylt=A0WTWZgjhhZHeCkBPwC8vLYF?urn=nba,49460

If Lakers want to talk deal for Kobe, Cuban is listening
Wednesday, Oct 17, 2007 9:21 am EDT

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said that nobody in the Mavs organization had talked to the Lakers about trading for Kobe Bryant. He then made it clear that he'd be more than willing to chat with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak.

"Kobe is a phenomenal player, and the Mavs have always been opportunistic since the day that I bought them," Cuban. "So, if something were to present itself, we'd always have to explore it. But we have a great team."

Source: Dallas Morning News

BUMP
10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Terry and Howard would be armed robbery. the Lakers have to find a better deal than that

mavs>spurs2
10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Terry and Howard would be armed robbery. the Lakers have to find a better deal than that

2 of the top 3 players from a championship quality team doesn't sound like a terrible deal at all. No matter who the Lakers trade him for, they won't be able to get back equal value in return because there is no equal value for Kobe Bryant. The closest thing would be a trade for Wade or James, and that just isnt happening. Whether this deal goes through or not, the Lakers will have to at least settle for another similiar trade or just keep a disgruntled Bryant.

sharpshooter
10-17-2007, 07:42 PM
as a spurs fans i definantely hope the kobe be traded to the bulls instead of the mavs and the suns. If kobe were to be traded to the mavs i think they should ask for dirk instead of howard and terry. A straight trade kobe for dirk. If to the suns kobe for amare

baseline bum
10-17-2007, 08:01 PM
2 of the top 3 players from a championship quality team doesn't sound like a terrible deal at all. No matter who the Lakers trade him for, they won't be able to get back equal value in return because there is no equal value for Kobe Bryant. The closest thing would be a trade for Wade or James, and that just isnt happening. Whether this deal goes through or not, the Lakers will have to at least settle for another similiar trade or just keep a disgruntled Bryant.

Sorry man, that trade makes no sense for the Lakers. If you swap Terry for Harris, then it starts becoming something they have to consider. LA's made it pretty clear they're building for the future, and a vet like Terry doesn't fit into that.

mavs>spurs2
10-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Sorry man, that trade makes no sense for the Lakers. If you swap Terry for Harris, then it starts becoming something they have to consider. LA's made it pretty clear they're building for the future, and a vet like Terry doesn't fit into that.

Harris would be fine too, if youre the Mavs you still pull the trigger on that deal. The only question is who else would be involved to make the salaries work?

stretch
10-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Can't trade Harris. He has the poison pill clause. The only players we can trade are Terry, Howard, Diop, Damp, and Ager. Picks too. If we pull the trigger, I see us dealing Terry, Howard, Diop, and Ager.

stretch
10-17-2007, 10:34 PM
If we did the Terry, Howard, Diop, Ager trade, then this would be our lineup...

PG - Harris, Barea
SG - Kobe, Hassell, Stackhouse
SF - George, Jones
PF - Nowitzki, Bass, Fazekas
C - Damp, Sampson

Of course, some player can switch positions as well, such as Kobe at PG, or Bass at center, and that whole mess of G/F's that we have. Man... that would be such a SICK team... and with the type of offense that Avery runs... he runs isolation, and we all know that no one in the league is a better iso player than Kobe Bryant. Plus, our biggest concern the past 3 years has not been our interior defense... its been our perimeter defense, but now we are stacked with solid perimter defenders. And with a trio of Kobe, Dirk, and Harris on offense... my god that is SICK.

baseline bum
10-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Can't trade Harris. He has the poison pill clause. The only players we can trade are Terry, Howard, Diop, Damp, and Ager. Picks too. If we pull the trigger, I see us dealing Terry, Howard, Diop, and Ager.

Then I guess y'all gotta wait until December 15th to have any hope of landing Kobe, as he's not coming for Howard + your crap.

ludda
10-18-2007, 12:36 AM
If a Kobe trade doesnt actually go down this season, I think I'd actually feel letdown just cuz I cant look at a fucking sports website without his face plastered everywhere. "Kobe goes to bathroom during practice...could be sign that he wants out now." Ridiculous, glad we don't have to deal with this drama.

Findog
10-18-2007, 07:23 AM

Kobe has a no-trade clause, and they're not going to get equal value from him anywhere in the League. The Lakers are the ones that couldn't keep him happy, it's their fucking problem, not ours. They have to do this deal, we don't have to. If they don't like that offer, call up Paxson and ship him to Chicago.

Shank
10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Stein was saying yesterday that it could end up being a situation where Kobe only wants to go to Dallas and won't do a damn thing with the Lakers unless that trade happens. At that point, the Mavs will be the ones with all the control and can dictate the pieces in the trade. Lakers either take it or are forced to have a team sans a resentful Kobe.

Obstructed_View
10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
The Lakers don't have to make a deal right now. Kobe's contract runs through this season and next season, does it not? They'd be stupid to just jump at the first thing they get offered, especially when it consists of one all-star and a guy the Mavericks don't even want on the team anymore.