PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Delfino Will Return To Europe If He Does Not Play Well This Season

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Delfino knows it's now or never

October 11, 2007
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (Ticker) - Carlos Delfino believes this season with the Toronto Raptors will make or break his career in the NBA.

Delfino, a shooting guard on the Argentina side that qualified for the 2008 Olympics with a second-place finish at the FIBA Americas Championship this summer, left the Detroit Pistons this summer for the Raptors.

The 25-year-old knows that he needs to improve his play if he wants to continue playing professional basketball in the United States.

"This is my last season under contract and if I don't do things well, next year I won't clinch a good contract and will have to return to Europe," Delfino told the Ole newspaper in Argentina. "If I am outstanding, I'm sure I will sign an even better contract."

Delfino, 25, was among the biggest stars in Italy at Fortitudo Bologna but never received much playing time in Detroit.

"The two parties tried a thousand things to make my situation in Detroit better, but unsuccessfully," Delfino said. "This is my last chance because I finally left Detroit and Toronto is a different club.

"If I had stayed with the Pistons, I'm sure it would have been my last NBA season."

Delfino says his performance this summer in Las Vegas has given him a confidence boost.

"I'm very motivated and very happy," he said. "The national team was very important for me and I have to build on that performance."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txraptorsdelfino&prov=st&type=lgns

MrChug
10-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Carlos: "Europe, here I come!!"

...nah, I believe he'll see a significant increase in playing time with the Magic and do okay with it. He's a really good player, but if it's not spectacular, he's not getting the contract I think HE thinks he's worth. So once again

Carlos: "Europe, here I come!!"

:elephant

Pero
10-13-2007, 07:13 AM
Well, if he`s looking for playing time increase with the Magic, he might as well pack his bags and go back to Europe now. :lol:

Pistons < Spurs
10-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Magic! LOL!

I think he should excel in Toronto, if given enough minutes. His game fits the quicker open floor game of the Raptors. He was a square peg trying to fit into a round hole in Detroit w/ our slow down half court offense.

MrChug
10-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Shit! I did type that didn't I.

Oh well Toronto...Orlando theyre both lame ass 40 win EC teams. My apologies...they all run together when their level of crappiess reaches a certain level.

Pero
10-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Or maybe you thought Carlos Arroyo. :)

exstatic
10-13-2007, 01:26 PM
San Antonio could do a lot worse next summer with our MCE than a 25 YO swing man who is familiar with the Argentina offense, big chunks of which are in our playbook.

ChumpDumper
10-13-2007, 03:28 PM
If he can't beat out Kapono and Graham, he doesn't deserve much of a deal.

E20
10-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Delfino = Pansy

Hemotivo
10-13-2007, 03:39 PM
If he can't beat out Kapono and Graham, he doesn't deserve much of a deal.
exactly

this season the Raptors need Delfino to step up

exstatic
10-13-2007, 04:29 PM
They paid Kapono a shitload. Do you really think they'll play Delfino? If he blows up, then they have the choice of watching him walk, or paying him a shitload, and trying to ulnload that ungodly Kapono deal. Not a very attractive set of alternatives.

Delfino was cocky when he got into the league, but there's a world of difference between a 22 YO bigmouth and a 25 YO who's been humbled. He wouldn't have fit with SA if he hadn't been. I'd throw 2-3M starting salary, 2 years, team option for year 3 at him without a second thought.