PDA

View Full Version : MMA: **Official UFC 77 Dicussion Thread** Sat. Oct 20th

dallaskd
10-13-2007, 01:58 AM
UFC 77: HOSTILE TERRITORY

Date: Oct. 20, 2007
Venue: U.S. Bank Arena
Broadcast: Pay-Per-View
Times: Doors open 7:15 p.m.; first fight 8:15 p.m.; PPV begins at 10 p.m.

MAIN CARD

Champion Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin (for middleweight title)
Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera
Stephan Bonnar vs. Eric Schafer
Alan Belcher vs. Kalib Starnes

PRELIMINARY CARD

Jason MacDonald vs. Yushin Okami
Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz
Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson
Ryan Jensen vs. Demian Maia
Jason Black vs. Matt Grice

It's bullshit Okami and Burkman didn't make the main card. It will be interesting to see if they mention Randy or honor him on Saturday.

dallaskd
10-13-2007, 02:19 AM
-Anderson Silva (#1 MW) vs. Rich Franklin (#4 MW)
-Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera
-Alan Belcher vs. Kalib Starnes
-Yushin Okami vs Jason MacDonald
-Eric Shafer vs Stephan Bonner
-Jorge Gurgel vs Alvin Robinson
-Matt Grice vs Jason Black
-Josh Burkman vs Forrest Petz
-Demian Maia vs Ryan Jensen

desflood
10-13-2007, 11:39 AM
MAIN CARD

Champion Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin (for middleweight title)

PRELIMINARY CARD

It was a bit hard to pick between Bonnar and Eric the Red, but I give the edge to Stephen just because he's been training with Randy and Forrest.

Evan
10-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Okami Vs MacDonald will make the PPV, not sure about Josh.

Can't believe this is already here. Man UFC is on such a blinding pace right now. I know this card is getting bashed but I really like it.

MAIN CARD

Champion Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin (I just gotta believe)
Tim Sylvia vs. Brandon Vera (Win goes to the aggressor)
Stephan Bonnar vs. Eric Schafer (No more excuses for Bonnar)
Alan Belcher vs. Kalib Starnes (Tuf star on the rise)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Jason MacDonald vs. Yushin Okami (Battle of cardio right here)
Josh Burkman vs. Forrest Petz (Huge bounce back fight for Josh)
Jorge Gurgel vs. Alvin Robinson (All depends on how banged up Jorge is, his knees are jacked amongst other problems)

Jason Black vs. Matt Grice (This will be ugly)

Need more time on this one

dallaskd
10-13-2007, 10:58 PM
I wouldnt bash this card. It's decent and the best of the month. Compared to 72 and 78, this card is Stacked.

dallaskd
10-13-2007, 10:59 PM
wha...wait? way to go evan. jumping on the rich bandwagon? I know Leonard won't be any time soon.

Evan
10-14-2007, 09:04 AM
I have always liked Rich. Always will. I will support his career even if he loses 15 fights in a row and is back to fighting in Alaska. If I fell for the hype so be it.

I'm pretty stubborn on jumping the bandwagon in either direction. Even though I think Cro Cops fire is gone at the moment I still think he is one of the greatest fighters in his prime and can still beat any heavyweight. :toast

Not to speak for Leonard but I think most die hards got extremely annoyed at the UFC over promoting him. Not sure how often things like that will happen anymore. There isn't as much time to saturate the fans with hype like they could even as little as a year ago. Too many fighters and too many fights now. Only the extreme elite will be hyped like that now, before you could hype a large handful of guys with no problem.

This is Rich's biggest fight to date. No question.

cornbread
10-14-2007, 01:17 PM
MAIN CARD

Champion Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin

PRELIMINARY CARD

oligarchy
10-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin
Yushin Okami vs Jason MacDonald
Eric Shafer vs Stephan Bonner
Jorge Gurgel vs Alvin Robinson
Matt Grice vs Jason Black
Josh Burkman vs Forrest Petz
Demian Maia vs Ryan Jensen (changed my pick.. :shrug)

Evan
10-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Curious what everyone thinks about this card by the way...

Solid? Weak? Strong? Deep? Etc....

I think its solid card. Besides the Black Vs Grice fight there isn't a fight I am not interested in.

oligarchy
10-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Curious what everyone thinks about this card by the way...

Solid? Weak? Strong? Deep? Etc....

I think its solid card. Besides the Black Vs Grice fight there isn't a fight I am not interested in.

Hrm.. You're more interested in watching Jensen vs Maia than Black? I know Black looked horrible his last fight, but I would attribute that to poor cutting practices. I think if he cuts correctly, he wouldn't look so worn and more like his more aggressive and non-winded self. He looked fine at his natural weight (Pre-UFC), but he would be too small, thus he cuts.

Edit: Oh, the cards looks pretty decent. I'd say solid.

LEONARD
10-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Okami vs JMac isn't even the swing bout...Gurgel-Robinson is...WEAK!!

I wouldnt bash this card. It's decent and the best of the month. Compared to 72 and 78, this card is Stacked.

Man, I disagree...as far as a top to bottom card goes, give me 78 over 77. 77 has 2 nice fights at the top and a couple nice ones on the undercard. 78 has good/interesting fights from top to bottom IMO...but lacks a big main event.

-Michael Bisping vs. Rashad Evans
-Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva
-Karo Parisyan vs. Ryo Chonan
-Frank Edgar vs. Spencer Fisher
-Ed Herman vs. Dave Terrell
-Chris Lytle vs. Thiago Alves
-Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt
-Tamdan McCrory vs. Akihiro Gono
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Luke Caudillo

Gono and Chonan debuting.
Karo always puts on a show.
Alexander/Silva will be brutal.
Edgar/Fisher will be a FOTY candidate.
The much awaited return of Terrell.
Alves, who is a beast against a solid Lytle.
Lauzon against undefeated Reinhardt.
Aurelio's 2nd UFC fight.

These 3 fights on a main card are a joke...

I'm looking fwd to Demian Maia vs Ryan Jensen and Okami vs JMac, but that's about it other than the top 2 fights...

oligarchy
10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Okami vs JMac isn't even the swing bout...Gurgel-Robinson is...WEAK!!

Man, I disagree...as far as a top to bottom card goes, give me 78 over 77. 77 has 2 nice fights at the top and a couple nice ones on the undercard. 78 has good/interesting fights from top to bottom IMO...but lacks a big main event.

-Michael Bisping vs. Rashad Evans
-Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva
-Karo Parisyan vs. Ryo Chonan
-Frank Edgar vs. Spencer Fisher
-Ed Herman vs. Dave Terrell
-Chris Lytle vs. Thiago Alves
-Joe Lauzon vs. Jason Reinhardt
-Tamdan McCrory vs. Akihiro Gono
-Marcus Aurelio vs. Luke Caudillo

Gono and Chonan debuting.
Karo always puts on a show.
Alexander/Silva will be brutal.
Edgar/Fisher will be a FOTY candidate.
The much awaited return of Terrell.
Alves, who is a beast against a solid Lytle.
Lauzon against undefeated Reinhardt.
Aurelio's 2nd UFC fight.

These 3 fights on a main card are a joke...

I'm looking fwd to Demian Maia vs Ryan Jensen and Okami vs JMac, but that's about it other than the top 2 fights...

I think Belcher & Starnes will be a better fight than you think. Gurgel and Robinson is dependent on the health of both fighters. The Black fight could be good if Jason comes in right, if not he needs to stop cutting.

Maia and Jensen is going to be an ADCC match. Okami and JMac should be a good fight. Shafer and Bonnar I could care less about.

I do like the 78 card, but it's not overly great. I like it a bit more than 77, but 77 isn't the weakest card as people are portraying it to be. 78 > 77, but depends on who you like. I can't stand Karo, which makes not want to watch him fight. Bisping vs Evans is a headliner? Eh.. if it was a co-main, i'd think 78 was one of the strongest cards.

Evan
10-15-2007, 01:55 PM
leonard so this card has mild interest for you?

Evan
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Hrm.. You're more interested in watching Jensen vs Maia than Black? I know Black looked horrible his last fight, but I would attribute that to poor cutting practices. I think if he cuts correctly, he wouldn't look so worn and more like his more aggressive and non-winded self.

fair enough. :toast

desflood
10-15-2007, 02:14 PM
I think 77 is definitely a decently solid card. 78 is also a decent card, but the Rashad/Bisping main event has turned a lot of people off (myself included).

LEONARD
10-15-2007, 02:15 PM
leonard so this card has mild interest for you?

Very mild beyond Sylvia-Vera and Silva-Franklin...

Evan
10-15-2007, 02:36 PM
I think 77 is definitely a decently solid card. 78 is also a decent card, but the Rashad/Bisping main event has turned a lot of people off (myself included).

Yeah for me this has more to it that 78. I am a big fan of Bisping but that fight just doesn't do it for me.

But thats one cool thing about the UFC's pace, just blink and there is another one around the corner for you.

dallaskd
10-15-2007, 05:54 PM
And your picks leonard?

dallaskd
10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah for me this has more to it that 78. I am a big fan of Bisping but that fight just doesn't do it for me.

But thats one cool thing about the UFC's pace, just blink and there is another one around the corner for you.

That's too bad.

oligarchy
10-16-2007, 10:32 AM
That's too bad.
:spin

Evan
10-16-2007, 10:37 AM
hah....not a fan of Bisping dallaskd?

is it his talent or personality you don't like? both?

LEONARD
10-16-2007, 12:27 PM
And your picks leonard?

I'm retiring from making official picks... :lol

I'd like to see Rich and Vera win, but I expect Silva to win in convincing fashion again. I think Vera will win too...

oligarchy
10-16-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm retiring from making official picks... :lol

I'd like to see Rich and Vera win, but I expect Silva to win in convincing fashion again. I think Vera will win too...

You can just post your picks and caveat them as, "These aren't the guys who are going to win, but the guys I want to win." :)

Edit: That way everyone knows who not to pick :lol

LEONARD
10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
:bang :madrun :bang :madrun

cornbread
10-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Just pull a Spursdynasty and cover all your bases.

Before fights: "Anderson Silva will win if Rich Franklin doesn't win."
After fights: "I was the only person on this board saying that Anderson Silva would win."

oligarchy
10-16-2007, 03:08 PM
:bang :madrun :bang :madrun

I'm just messing with you. It's impossible to get all fights right, even the so-called "locks." It's all in fun on here anyway. You are out of the betting game awayway, right? I guess it would be better if we made picks with some reasoning rather than just blantantly picking someone. In the case of two fighters you don't know, there's no need to make an actual pick. In those cases, assuming you had a ton of cash to throw around, I don't believe you would even bet on those guys.

LEONARD
10-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Yea, my bodog account is empty...thanks to the $90 I put on Monson when he fought Rizzo!

Evan
10-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Yea, my bodog account is empty...thanks to the $90 I put on Monson when he fought Rizzo!

I was going to have you walk me through opening an account and got side tracked. I was going to lay down up tp $200 on that fight. I hadn't decided yet.

dallaskd
10-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Just pull a Spursdynasty and cover all your bases.

Before fights: "Anderson Silva will win if Rich Franklin doesn't win."
After fights: "I was the only person on this board saying that Anderson Silva would win."

:lmao

dallaskd
10-16-2007, 05:40 PM
hah....not a fan of Bisping dallaskd?

is it his talent or personality you don't like? both?

Everything about him. The way he carries himself and I don't think he's that great of a fighter. He's just an all around asshole.

atxrocker
10-19-2007, 02:51 AM
brandon gonna do the damn thing.

dallaskd
10-19-2007, 04:14 AM
Franklin has got a beard.

Evan
10-19-2007, 06:20 AM
does he? lol

LEONARD
10-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Weigh-ins are online at 3:00 CT today (check UFC.com for sites)

Franklin training for Silva (pics)
http://www.richfranklin.com/photogroup.asp?group=47

Tim Sylvia calls himself "agile and mobile" in this ESPN video...uhhhh
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/10/13/the-agile-and-mobile-tim-sylvia-video/

Vera says ring rust won't be an issue
http://mmajunkie.com/2007/10/17/ring-rust-not-a-concern-for-brandon-vera/

Anderson Silva video on ESPN
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/10/13/anderson-silva-is-a-class-act-video/

Franklin ESPN video
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/10/13/franklin-talks-ufc-77-rematch-with-silva-video/

Chuck vs Wand to be announced?? DirectTV jumped the gun maybe??
http://ufcmania.com/2007/10/18/ufc-79-chuck-liddell-vs-wanderlei-silva-confirmed/

Odds
http://ufcmania.com/2007/10/18/ufc-77-betting-odds/

Performity's picks
http://mmajunkie.com/2007/10/18/performifys-picks-for-ufc-77/

Franklin article
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AhFXD1b_f66XKRnBiX592jCUxLYF?slug=ki-101707franklin

Jason Black article
http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=3987

Stephan Bonnar article
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4883

Josh Burkman video interview
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/[email protected]

oligarchy
10-19-2007, 12:28 PM
I'd like to see a vBookie for Silva/Frankling and Sylvia/Vera -- The S*a's have got to enlarge my vBookie Cash.

Edit: Has anyone asked?

Evan
10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
me too.

and no I haven't asked.

If anyone knows the lines send Kori the top two fights. I'd do it but I'm at work and can't click on gambling sites... :pctoss

oligarchy
10-19-2007, 01:49 PM
me too.

and no I haven't asked.

If anyone knows the lines send Kori the top two fights. I'd do it but I'm at work and can't click on gambling sites... :pctoss

-190: Anderson Silva
+155: Rich Franklin

-155: Brandon Vera
+125: Tim Sylvia

Evan
10-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks man. I will pm her!

Evan
10-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Done

Last time I pm'd her we had it Saturday morning so keep checking back I guess.

LEONARD
10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Weigh-in video is up...
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.video

desflood
10-19-2007, 07:25 PM
A bit off-track here, but a story worth hearing nonetheless... if you're a UFC fan, anyway.

A couple of days ago, we switched from Time Warner Cable to AT&t U-Verse after being assured by three different sales reps that we would be able to buy UFC ppv's. They came and installed it today. We enjoyed it for about two hours, then really got into the menu - only to discover that ppv movies were available, but not many sporting events, and no fighting whatsoever. We called them up and were told that "as of this time, UFC ppv's are not available, but that may change in the future."

Well, we told them that since we signed up for it on false information from their sales reps they should come out and unhook it and take all their crap back and hook our cable back up. Their response? "You can cancel your account and we'll send boxes for you to send the equipment back, but we don't send technicians out for disconnection. You'll have to call your cable company and have them hook you back up."

F*ck them. I'm gonna use their free shit for a month and then cancel. There's a TWC tech living next door that will come hook us back up for the fights tomorrow night.

djohn14
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Anderson Silva Is Not Going To Lose!

djohn14
10-19-2007, 09:16 PM
He Is Superior To Rich In Everyway Possible And Will Prove It Again Tomorrow!

tlongII
10-19-2007, 09:17 PM
I think Sylvia will knock Vera's ass out.

cornbread
10-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Weigh-in video is up...
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.video
The level of respect that Franklin and Silva show in their encounters never ceases to amaze me. They are two of the classiest guys out there. Bravo to them. :toast

Evan
10-20-2007, 08:42 AM
A bit off-track here, but a story worth hearing nonetheless... if you're a UFC fan, anyway.

A couple of days ago, we switched from Time Warner Cable to AT&t U-Verse after being assured by three different sales reps that we would be able to buy UFC ppv's. They came and installed it today. We enjoyed it for about two hours, then really got into the menu - only to discover that ppv movies were available, but not many sporting events, and no fighting whatsoever. We called them up and were told that "as of this time, UFC ppv's are not available, but that may change in the future."

Well, we told them that since we signed up for it on false information from their sales reps they should come out and unhook it and take all their crap back and hook our cable back up. Their response? "You can cancel your account and we'll send boxes for you to send the equipment back, but we don't send technicians out for disconnection. You'll have to call your cable company and have them hook you back up."

F*ck them. I'm gonna use their free shit for a month and then cancel. There's a TWC tech living next door that will come hook us back up for the fights tomorrow night.

O

M

G

I got that installed last weekend............

Evan
10-20-2007, 08:45 AM
You know what....yeah Its not there and I told that fucktard I order every UFC PPV and he said no problem.

I needed a break on my bill anyway....

cornbread
10-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I needed a break on my bill anyway....
Are you going to watch it somewhere else?

Evan
10-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Oh of course. I haven't missed a fight in a very long time.

desflood
10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
O

M

G

I got that installed last weekend............
Other than the no ppv thing, we really love it. What's the level of quality when you buy the ppv through the website? We'd actually like to keep it, if we can get a decent showing on the net...

Evan
10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah I freaking love at&t uvsere so far. Its awesome. You can even play a few games with other subscribers on your TV. Chess and a few other games.

I have never ordered a PPV from ufc.com.

hey please check your pm as well. :)

desflood
10-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Way ahead of you.

And please forgive my bad language, guys. I was in a horrible mood yesterday (something else to thank AT&T for). Not very ladylike, I know :oops :lol

Evan
10-20-2007, 11:17 AM
"Official Driver of the Lil' Evil Bandwagon"

Have you read his autobiography Little Evil, One Ultimate Fighter’s Rise to the Top

and the book about him, Driven?

desflood
10-20-2007, 11:20 AM
I've read Little Evil, and the book about the Wednesday Group, but I don't know about Driven.

Evan
10-20-2007, 11:31 AM
I meant "never" yeah the book about the Wednesday group.

I loved little evil but I thought "Never" was not so great. I think the author has a major crush on Jens. It was sort of creepy. I have spoken to him a couple times and he seems like a good guy but he came off a little weird in the book.

desflood
10-20-2007, 11:36 AM
It does seem like a man-crush. I know the guy is married, but...

Evan
10-20-2007, 12:18 PM
exactly

cornbread
10-20-2007, 02:34 PM
MAIN CARD

Champion Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin

PRELIMINARY CARD

Last minute prediction change. I think Sylvia will get the W.

oligarchy
10-20-2007, 02:36 PM
no vbookie...

Evan
10-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I know dang it......

I would have laid every dollar on Vera.

oligarchy
10-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I know dang it......

I would have laid every dollar on Vera.
I would have put it on Sylvia... :)

Evan
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
It all depends....

Do we have timid Timmeh or he guy who isn't scared to press the action...

Do we have over hyped and rusty Vera or the guy that many think he can be...

I just have little faith that we will see aggressive Temmeh.That guy just seems to mentally beaten at all times.I think he is so rattled by public opinion. In nearly every interview he gets asked something like "fans seem to think your style is boring what do you have to say about that?"

And he gets so agitated.

oligarchy
10-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Hopefully it will drive him.. I know it would me.

desflood
10-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Last minute prediction change. I think Sylvia will get the W.
I think Tim is going to take it, but what changed your mind?

cornbread
10-20-2007, 05:58 PM
I think Tim is going to take it, but what changed your mind?
The weigh-in footage did it for me. Sylvia was so much bigger than Vera. Then I started thinking about how pissed he probably is that he lost his title while getting totally embarrased by Randy. I think Tim might come out like the pissed off oger that he used to be.

djohn14
10-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Belcher and Kalib had a nice opening fight

djohn14
10-20-2007, 10:30 PM
I just want to tell everyone that Brock Lesnar has signed on with the UFC.

Evan
10-20-2007, 11:41 PM
I still support Rich. Always will.

Silva is amazing and both Rich and Anderson are such class acts.

LEONARD
10-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Silva showed no fear of Rich's strikes...brutal stuff. Feel bad for Rich...

I hate Sylvia...

Glad we got to see Maia's debut...what a stud...

Lesnar...hmmmmmmm

djohn14
10-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Thank you LEONARD...glad to know someone else hates Sylvia...they just need to forget about that fight, and have Kongo and Minitaro fight for the title.

Evan
10-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Thank you LEONARD...glad to know someone else hates Sylvia...they just need to forget about that fight, and have Kongo and Minitaro fight for the title.

If you check out some MMA forums I would say most of the people can't stand him.

He is simply at best he is a below average fighter whose size is him main attribute. He is simply too odd of a match up for most. It takes experience and brains to out maneuver such an bad match up which is why Randy handled the ogre.

Here is my favorite picture of Temmeh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/natas316/sylvia.jpg

oligarchy
10-21-2007, 11:32 AM
If you check out some MMA forums I would say most of the people can't stand him.

He is simply at best he is a below average fighter whose size is him main attribute. He is simply too odd of a match up for most. It takes experience and brains to out maneuver such an bad match up which is why Randy handled the ogre.

Here is my favorite picture of Temmeh

I knew Tim's size was too much for Vera. Glad there was no vBookie? :)

The fight was boring with Tim. So much for his pre-fight statements of him being his "old" self.

Kalib had a nasty cut!!!!!!!! He was losing anyway.

Anderson Silva shows what a great fighter, and class act, that he is. I wonder who can rival him? I'd love to see Henderson drop down and take him on.

Bonnar's fight was unimpressive.
Maia had a great fight, I knew it would be quick.

Time to go watch the rest.

cornbread
10-21-2007, 11:41 AM
I was very impressed with the mma-adapted jiu jitsu of Maia. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

Who do you guys think can challenge Silva?????????

Evan
10-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Not considering just who has a UFC contract, so were talking global organizations here....
Contenders

1. BJ Penn (I am dead serious if it weren't for Sherk he would be a MW I think)
2. Hendo
3. Matt Lindland
4. Frank Shamrock (I think with his knees he would do well to drop a bit of weight)
5. Kang
6. Paulo Filho

tlongII
10-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I can't stand Sylvia, but there just aren't many MMA fighters that can beat him. He's too big.

Evan
10-21-2007, 12:21 PM
The fight was boring with Tim. So much for his pre-fight statements of him being his "old" self.

Ah no kidding...........he is such a boring lummox......

old self....... :lol

Evan
10-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I can't stand Sylvia, but there just aren't many MMA fighters that can beat him. He's too big.

You know..the old Cro Cop would systematically destroy him I think. He would chop away at those weak knees and take away his legs.

cornbread
10-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Not considering just who has a UFC contract, so were talking global organizations here....
Contenders

1. BJ Penn (I am dead serious if it weren't for Sherk he would be a MW I think)
2. Hendo
3. Matt Lindland
4. Frank Shamrock (I think with his knees he would do well to drop a bit of weight)
5. Kang
6. Paulo Filho
That looks about right.

Evan
10-21-2007, 06:18 PM
And I am not so sure we should rule out Yushin Okami. Kid has skills and he is soooo young. Kid is only 26 and most MMA fighters do not peak until 30-ish.

desflood
10-22-2007, 07:29 AM
Sherdog's Minute-By-Minute is up for 77. My favorite (and most truthful) bit:

"10:29 p.m. The obscenely mediocre Nov. 17 Newark, N.J., card is previewed. After spending multi-millions to acquire PRIDE, the UFC's high-profile East Coast offering is headlined by Rashad Evans and Michael Bisping.

Somewhere in Japan, Takada is laughing. In a diaper."

LEONARD
10-22-2007, 09:09 AM
The moment I knew it was over...
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/Okkun/mma/rich_omfg.gif

and it's never a good sign when the doctor says he can see your skull... :lol
http://i20.tinypic.com/20z4hf5.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j253/Okkun/mma/starnes_nasty_cut.gif

Sherdog's Minute-By-Minute is up for 77. My favorite (and most truthful) bit:

"10:29 p.m. The obscenely mediocre Nov. 17 Newark, N.J., card is previewed. After spending multi-millions to acquire PRIDE, the UFC's high-profile East Coast offering is headlined by Rashad Evans and Michael Bisping.

Somewhere in Japan, Takada is laughing. In a diaper."

:lol

Soul_Patch
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
I really like Anderson Silva, i was disapointed to miss this card, but had other plans this weekend.

I cannot stand tim silvia...disapointed he didnt loose.

dallaskd
10-22-2007, 06:55 PM
ahhh forget it. hendo will boss the MWs. maybe i can convince soku to drop to MW.

mardigan
10-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Wait till Lesnar gets a shot

cornbread
10-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Wait till Lesnar gets a shot
+1 for Team Lesnar. I think he'll beat the crap out of Sylvia.