PDA

View Full Version : Rich Franklin vs Anderson Silva Breakdown(Pick Your Winner)



dallaskd
10-13-2007, 02:03 AM
UFC Middleweight Championship – Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin

The long-awaited rematch between champion Anderson Silva and the man he won the title from, Rich Franklin, has the potential to be just as explosive as their first bout, with most pundits leaning towards Silva as the victor here. But what these same people seem to forget is that before the first fight with Silva, Franklin was deemed the best 185-pounder in the world and it was questioned whether anyone was available to challenge him, something most have conveniently forgotten. Plus, Franklin entered the bout after a seven month layoff and without expecting that Silva’s Thai clinch was going to be as deadly as it was. These are all key points entering the rematch, and aspects of the first fight that Franklin undoubtedly has addressed during training camp. Then again, if anything, Silva has gotten even better since the first fight, which doesn’t bode well for a guy who got stopped in the opening round the first time. But that’s why they fight ‘em.
Key Questions – Will Silva underestimate Franklin in the rematch? Is getting the bout to the ground the key for Franklin, or will he again opt to stand and trade with Silva? Will the hometown crowd be a positive or negative for Franklin? Will his secluded training camp help him on fight night? Has Silva gotten in Franklin’s head, given the way the first fight ended?
Likely to go the distance? No

Method of Finish – Technical knockout before round three

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/vanillavick9/ace2.gif

GO RICH!!!!!

dallaskd
10-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Evan, you picked Franklin, but i'm interested to see how you see it happening.

tlongII
10-14-2007, 02:19 AM
Silva will knock him out.

Evan
10-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I think Rich will tie him up against the fence and then its going to drop to the mat for some serious GnP.

Although more likely he wins by ko/tko, Rich could win via submission. A little old school Franklin.

tlongII
10-14-2007, 10:09 AM
If Franklin hasn't figured out how to defend the Muay Thai clinch yet he is going down early.

dallaskd
10-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Franklin may be wanting to clinch up against the cage and use some dirty boxing. If Rich can sweep him and get silva on his back, it could be over fairly quickly for either side. I dont see this fight going past 3 rounds. This is the kind of fight people crave. My only worry is that Rich will be tentative. I hope he just goes all out and gets after it early. If franklin can ride the wave of the crowd he will suprise alot of fans. and the betting lines are lopsided so this is a good oppurtunity to double up.

Evan
10-14-2007, 08:41 PM
If Franklin hasn't figured out how to defend the Muay Thai clinch yet he is going down early.


He does know how to defend it, at least judging by the past. Anderson....not sure what happened.

djohn14
10-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Anderson all the way. His clintch is too strong. I love Rich but dont see him winning.

LEONARD
10-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I doubt if the clinch will even be a factor...Rich will avoid it at all costs and get out at all costs if he does gets in it. There's much more to Silva than the clinch...

If Rich wins, I think it's got to be a decision with him staying on top and controlling most of the fight. I don't think he can keep Silva down though...and Silva submitting him from his back is always a possibility.

If it stays on the feet, Rich is gonna get KO'd. I don't think Rich can knock him out, or significantly stun him, with anything short of the perfect punch. Silva's chin is unreal...watch him sparring with Big Nog (with no headgear) if you haven't seen it...
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2best_anderson-silva-big-nog-sparring_sport

and I doubt if Rich can sub him either.

I think Silva takes it regardless of where it ends up.

oligarchy
10-15-2007, 09:44 AM
I doubt if the clinch will even be a factor...Rich will avoid it at all costs and get out at all costs if he does gets in it. There's much more to Silva than the clinch...

If Rich wins, I think it's got to be a decision with him staying on top and controlling most of the fight. I don't think he can keep Silva down though...and Silva submitting him from his back is always a possibility.

If it stays on the feet, Rich is gonna get KO'd. I don't think Rich can knock him out, or significantly stun him, with anything short of the perfect punch. Silva's chin is unreal...watch him sparring with Big Nog (with no headgear) if you haven't seen it...
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2best_anderson-silva-big-nog-sparring_sport

and I doubt if Rich can sub him either.

I think Silva takes it regardless of where it ends up.
Exactly, his Muay Thai is great, but so is his all-around game. Silva will take it anywhere the fight goes.

Evan
10-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Rich has KO power
Silva has KO power

Silva can take a massive beating but so can Rich.

I don't think people are giving him enough credit.

dallaskd
10-15-2007, 06:07 PM
hah, and serra wasnt going to KO GSP, Soku wouldnt KO arona and nog. hah.

tlongII
10-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Wasn't it Silva's clinch that did Rich in again?

Evan
10-21-2007, 04:04 PM
From five ounces of pain

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/10/21/ufc-77-post-show-news-sylvia-not-a-lock-for-title-shot-couture-to-hold-press-conference-in-vegas-and-more/

News: Rich Franklin suffered a broken nose during last night’s loss to Anderson Silva and is believed to be considering retirement.

Views: This isn’t too hard to believe. Franklin’s path to the title is road blocked as long as Silva is wearing the belt. However, I think Franklin is too young to retire. I have no idea about his personal wealth but if there’s still good money to be made in fighting, why would you completely walk away?

Franklin has taken extended breaks from MMA in the past due to injuries and I think another extended break appears likely. He should take a step back and wait for the landscape in the middleweight division to change before making his next comeback.

LEONARD
10-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Would hate to see Rich retire...he'll be a great high end gatekeeper...


hah, and serra wasnt going to KO GSP, Soku wouldnt KO arona and nog. hah.

:drunk

Evan
11-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Follow up

He is not retiring. Will probably take some time off.