1 rebound

Spurs +14 over Golden State

RobinsontoDuncan
12-18-2004, 11:07 PM
his numbers look good, 7 points in 8 minutes, nice game

TheWriter
12-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Weid no one has posted in this thread.

Barry was the turning point. Once he entered the game, it was a whole new game.

He signle handedly won the game for us in the 2nd qt.

E20
12-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Yeah, he got other people involved him and Tony came through for us.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Before Barry came in, we were playing lousy ball, and getting punked by I think it was 10).

Barry came in, hit some shots, made some hustle plays, set up some teammates, played some great defense, and lit a fire under the asses of his teammates.

But many in this forum have already decreed he's a superscrub and not worthy of PT, so his work goes unnoticed.

Hell, if that had been Malik doing all that there'd be 86 threads on here about how great Rose is and mocking anyone who had criticized him in the past.

Experiment2100
12-18-2004, 11:17 PM
It's good to see Barry out there I hope these two games have gotten him out of his slump so he's ready for the next 9 games.

CHAMPS AGAIN
12-18-2004, 11:22 PM
BARRY made the difference in the 2nd.qtr. he should have been the player of the game instead of D.BROWN.

CHAMPS AGAIN
12-18-2004, 11:24 PM
BARRY was the differrence in the 2nd qtr.he change the whole game he should have been the player of the game instead of D.BROWN.

Rick Von Braun
12-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Barry played great in the limited minutes he got.

Aud21946
12-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Where's all the B. Berry crying now!
Geez, The guy was a great pickup and spurs really need him.

pjjrfan
12-18-2004, 11:42 PM
I thought that 2nd qtr. was the most exciting qtr. played by the Spurs this year, and especially because Tim was on the bench and they were down by double digits. I thought Barry, TP and Manu put on a show one of the most thrilling I've seen in a while. I especially like how Barry took over the tempo and was calling out the guys on what to do and where to go. And they responded and played very well. I hope this is the spark that gets Barry going. I love watching this kind of team basketball.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-18-2004, 11:44 PM
I thought Barry, TP and Manu put on a show one of the most thrilling I've seen in a while.

Agreed, somewhere Stephen A. Smith is lying in a ditch crying.

I especially like how Barry took over the tempo and was calling out the guys on what to do and where to go.

Noticed that too, huh?

:fro

smeagol
12-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Whoever was writting Barry off is a damn fool.

I've already said it elsewhere, Barry needs to play 20-25 minutes.

2pac
12-19-2004, 12:04 AM
Before Barry came in, we were playing lousy ball, and getting punked by I think it was 10).

Barry came in, hit some shots, made some hustle plays, set up some teammates, played some great defense, and lit a fire under the asses of his teammates.

But many in this forum have already decreed he's a superscrub and not worthy of PT, so his work goes unnoticed.

Hell, if that had been Malik doing all that there'd be 86 threads on here about how great Rose is and mocking anyone who had criticized him in the past.

I'll suck Barry's dick too when he opens a quality cheesesteak place.

LuvBones
12-19-2004, 12:05 AM
:fro

T Park
12-19-2004, 12:22 AM
about damn time.

Good to see it.

Two decent games in a row.

Hopefully he gets more burn against Orlando and Minnesota, and helps the team out there.

SpursWoman
12-19-2004, 12:35 AM
about damn time.

Good to see it.

Two decent games in a row.

Hopefully he gets more burn against Orlando and Minnesota, and helps the team out there.

Oh you're just saying that because you were wearing your Brent Barry jersey!! :lol Every time he did anything you'd jump up and grab the numbers!!! :lol Why don't you come by and meet with the rest of us at the main entrance during half time?

Signed,
Useruser666

JUUOT
12-19-2004, 12:40 AM
it was fair that devin played more timer this last games because he was amazing, But, now barry is coming back a little with i think a better understanding of the Spurs basketball.

Having two such great talent like brent and devin is great and i think both should get balance playing time. around 18 mn depending of matchups and their game. Like we do not have to choose between TP and Beno who are complementary , brown and barry is a great combo and rose and horry are the same, all of them need to be involved they all bring such a good part of the game. If one player was a mix of Barry and brown he would be an all star you can not ask more from a second team.

I think Phoenix has an amazing five to start but Spurs have the best second squad of the league

juncan
12-19-2004, 01:03 AM
:angel

Kori Ellis
12-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Barry was great in the second quarter. Big props to him and Tony. Tony was getting to the basket at will and scored 17 points in that quarter. It was beautiful to watch.

timvp
12-19-2004, 01:09 AM
Nice job, Brent. Still not perfect on defense, but played well enough. Once he fully learns the defensive system, he'll start taking away minutes from Manu, Devin and Bowen.

Props.

exstatic
12-19-2004, 01:10 AM

Uh, I'm not sure many have said that. What a lot of people HAVE said is that PT is earned, not bestowed, and he hadn't earned it. If he keeps playing like this, his burn will increase, as it should. He was doing a LOT of good things, only one of which was shooting. He looks like he's feeling maybe a little more comfortable in the offense, and they let him initiate a number of times.

Phenomanul
12-19-2004, 01:31 AM
I wrote this two days ago...

That's what ticks me off... If the Spurs are up by ten pts or more, rest your SF defenders (Bowen or Brown) and give Barry some PT alongside Duncan, Manu, and Parker... I can assure you this would only allow the Spurs to assert themselves offensively even more.... and yes, heaven forbid... to entertain the fans.

At that point Pop shouldn't be pulling Barry out of a game for a missed defensive assignment. The way I see it, if Pop allowed Barry (and Manu) to play unrestrained, yeah the other team might have a 20-25pt quarter, but we would definitely have 30+ pt quarters. It seems to me Pop is after the record for fewest ppg allowed as a team (he didn't like sharing it with last year's Pistons), and forgetting that in the end, it is the team that scores more that wins.

Am I saying that the Spurs should forget about defense... A resounding NO!!! That's who they are... all I'm saying, is that when the Spurs reach a point in the game where they have locked down the opponent defensively... give them the killer blow by unleashing your most productive offense....

I know what most people will say... Barry is simply not being productive... and to a certain extent I agree.... But why all of a sudden is a known prolific sharp-shooter worse off now that he is paired with Duncan.... Becuase Pop is being unreasonable with Barry on the defensive end.... If Barry has played marginal defense over his entire career, but managed to be productive on the offensive end, I would take what I get... It certainly would space out the floor much better for the Spurs and allow them to be more consistent on offense... we would definitely not be suffering 4th quarter breakdowns which have become the trademark of Pop basketball over the past few years.

People have been clamoring for Barry to grow a pair... I don't see that as the problem.... the main problem is that he is being asked to do something that he's never been good at... and because he stuggles with that style (and been publically reprimanded for it), it has hampered and corrupted his offensive flow.... He is too good a shooter not to be given the opportunity to be used correctly.

Seems like I was right about a few things... I would have to add however that Brent actually played decent 'D'.

SequSpur
12-19-2004, 01:41 AM
Signed,
Useruser666

:rolleyes

If you're going to talk crap to tpark, at least log in under your own name.

This is typical of the posters here at fsp and all the other spurs forums... Bag on a decent player and then lick his nuts when he hits a few shots.

That's called being a tool.

thispego
12-19-2004, 02:11 AM
2nd Quarter
8 minutes
3-4 FG
1-2 Three Pointers
7 points
2 assists
1 steal
1 rebound

Spurs +14 over Golden State

Thank God... bout freakin time!

Dex
12-19-2004, 02:20 AM
Maybe Pop will stop thinking that he sucks now. :rolleyes

</sarcasm>

thispego
12-19-2004, 02:48 AM
I almost forgot... Anybody see the commercial during Friday's game (probably not the first time its been on) When some of the Spurs players were wishing the viewers Merry Xmas? Brent was F'ing hilarious in that commerical.

"Hi I'm Brent Barry from the San Antonio Spurs, and I'd like to wish all of you a Happy Easter.... uhhh.... Christmas. :lmao :rollin :lmao

Useruser666
12-19-2004, 12:15 PM
:rolleyes

If you're going to talk crap to tpark, at least log in under your own name.

This is typical of the posters here at fsp and all the other spurs forums... Bag on a decent player and then lick his nuts when he hits a few shots.

Sequ, what are you talking about? I never bagged on Brent nor am I licking his nuts now. I was at SW's computer so that's why I posted under her name. Atleast I signed my own name for my post. SW's computer was messed up and wasn't letting me log in, so I did what I had to do.

I'm glad Brent hit some shots. Now I wish Rasho could be more aggressive. Hey, remember when getting Bowen to hit free throws seemed like a dream?

ALVAREZ6
12-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Whoever was writting Barry off is a damn fool.

I've already said it elsewhere, Barry needs to play 20-25 minutes.

I agree.

As long as it doesn't affect Manu's minutes.

SequSpur
12-19-2004, 02:03 PM

This is in reference to the Barry Haters Gone Barry Lovers Club. Not intended for you brotha 666.

Signed,

Rasho Nesterovic

SequSpur
12-19-2004, 02:07 PM
I do the same thing when im wearin my Beno jersey too.

and the Hedo one, and the Carter one, and the Ward one, and the Bateer one...

Dude, you could sell all those jerseys on ebay and make at least one dollar.

What a great investment.