PDA

View Full Version : elliott retired so malone can't have #32?...and why isn't barry playing?

freemeat
12-19-2004, 01:55 AM
I heard a rumor that a motivating factor in the elliott jersey-retirement was the malone-spurs possible deal (because malone always wore #32). I truly believe that elliott is fully deserving of the honor, but doesn't this take away (even if it is a rumor) from the ceremony?

Also, I live outside SA, so I can't keep up on everything that's going on...why isn't barry playing all that much? My assumption is that it's because brown and udrih are amazingly good for their stage in the game...?

my call: play barry more, get him used to the offense, then his % goes way up...either way, they still wake the trophy in 6 games against the pistons...

(live in L.A.: laker-hater, love SA)

2pac
12-19-2004, 02:00 AM
Elliott's jersey being retired has nothing to do with Karl Malone.

Barry isnt playing because he isnt hitting his shots and beno and devin are.

FryingNemo
12-19-2004, 02:24 AM
It's not about Barry's offense. It's about the lack of defense he exhibits night in and night out. Pop wants him to learn the Defensive side of the teams game, and his offense will follow. He had a grat game tonight. You should see him getting more minutes now in the games ahead. :fro

2pac
12-19-2004, 02:27 AM
Its both O and D. If Barry's D was the same as Beno and Devin, but he wasnt hitting his shots, he wouldnt get minutes either. Barry is lagging behind both.

FryingNemo
12-19-2004, 02:31 AM
Barry will settle soon enough, still very early in the season, My ? is do you think Seattle is the real deal, or just a lucky perimeter jump shot team?

2pac
12-19-2004, 02:40 AM
Seattle is on track for 64-18. No shot in hell of them making that. I dont think they will have 60 wins. They will drop - give them time.

Boston beat them by 14 in Seattle.

Seattle is getting ridiculous rebounds, handling the ball good and making their shots. They also have fewer assists as a team than almost everyone. They will fall down. Count on them getting 55 wins.

FryingNemo
12-19-2004, 02:44 AM
I agree this is a team that can't get inside and make shots in the paint. I see them blowing it about 3/4 of the way through the season. I also feel the same way about Phoenix. Even if the finish strong into the post season, I don't think they could last 7 games with the spurs. Still kinda early to be talkin Playoffs I guess!

angel_luv
12-20-2004, 04:24 PM
I am so glad Sean's jersay is being retired. The timing may or may not be a coincidence, but so far as I am concerned, it could not be better.
As much as Sean deserves the honor of having his jersey retired, Malone is equally unworthy of becoming a Spur, much less inheriting the number of such a wonderful person.

CosmicCowboy
12-20-2004, 04:34 PM
One of the local idiot sportscasters had Sean on last night asking him if he would let Malone wear his number if Malone came here...the whole question was ridiculous but Sean was funny about it...he said that twice when he went to the all-star game he had to change numbers because Malone had #32....soooo...naaaa...he can't have my number...:lol