PDA

View Full Version : cooking dove

thispego
10-14-2007, 07:16 PM
what can i do with dove breasts, chili petines, white cooking wine, olive oil, cream of chicken soup, butter, tobasco, italian dressing, flour, and a crap load of different spices. These are the ingredients I have, anybody have any idea of what I could throw together out of these? I think i'm a good cook, but i'm kinda not :rolleyes .

Leetonidas
10-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Put them away and order a pizza.

thispego
10-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Put them away and order a pizza.
fuck that, pizza costs money. if i wanted to spend money i'd go to the grocery store and get the ingredients to make some dove the right way.

CuckingFunt
10-14-2007, 07:27 PM
How big is a dove breast?

thispego
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
http://osnapper.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/dovemeal.jpg

thispego
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
not very big

mookie2001
10-14-2007, 07:32 PM
they have this thing. called sauce

thispego
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM
never heard of it

mookie2001
10-14-2007, 07:36 PM
they have this thing. called spliffs

and we used to smoke them all the time

thispego
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
you probably dont even remember what a spliff looks like its been so long

thispego
10-14-2007, 08:09 PM
come on jerks, im getting hungry

marini martini
10-14-2007, 09:23 PM

This is it, why the question?

thispego
10-14-2007, 09:26 PM
This is it, why the question?
nah that's just a google picture

Samr
10-14-2007, 09:31 PM
what can i do with dove breasts, chili petines, white cooking wine, olive oil, cream of chicken soup, butter, tobasco, italian dressing, flour, and a crap load of different spices. These are the ingredients I have, anybody have any idea of what I could throw together out of these? I think i'm a good cook, but i'm kinda not

Take the dove breasts, butter, chilies, light Tobasco sauce (Tobasco is fairly identifiable and you don't want to overpower the dove and chilies), a little olive oil and whatever spices you find appropriate (probably some kind of mustard or other chili powder); wrap them all in some aluminum foil then toss it on the grill. Since you'll have the grill fired up for this anyway, just pepper/spice then grill some vegetables on there as well. If the white cooking wine is in any way palatable, wash down the meal with that.

thispego
10-14-2007, 09:35 PM
i ended up throwing some spice on em and put em in the oven. they're almost done :hungry:

leemajors
10-14-2007, 10:06 PM
all you need is bacon, jalapeno, and cheese. grill that shit up. once the bacon is crispy it's done.

T Park
10-14-2007, 11:43 PM
You want to eat the symbol of peace?

How very neo-con of you.

tlongII
10-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Are dove breasts dark meat? I would have guessed it was white meat, but that picture confused me. I thought only water fowl had dark meat breasts?

Taco
10-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Bacon-Wrapped & Jalapeno-Stuffed Grilled Dove Breasts

INGREDIENTS:
-10 Dove Breasts(or whatever your limit was)
-10 slices bacon-5 pickled jalapenos, sliced lengthwise
-2 tablespoons melted butter
-1 teaspoon garlic
-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1 teasoon salt

DIRECTIONS:
Mix last four ingredients together. Pour over dove breasts and marinade at least 4 hours.

Place a jalapeno half inside the cavity. Wrap each dove breast with a slice of bacon and hold all together with a toothpick.

Grill over medium heat, about 4 minutes per side, until bacon is crisp and dove breasts are brown. Serve.

Good stuff man

Dove-n-Dumpling's :hungry:

10 - 12 dove breasts
1/4 cup oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1/4 chopped onion
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup shortening
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 cubes chicken bullion

Rinse and dry the doves. Brown in the oil. Drain.

Place doves in a pot and just barely cover with water. Add the salt, pepper and onion. Cover and simmer until the meat is tender.

Combine the flour and the salt in a bowl. Add the shortening and mix until crumbly. Stir in the eggs and milk.

Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/8 thick. Cut into 2 inch squares.

Remove doves from the pot. Add the chicken bullion and bring to a boil.

Drop in the dumplings one at a time. Cook about 20 minutes or until tender.

Add doves back to the pot, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.

Dove Stew :hungry:

http://www.texasbarbeques.com/dove_recipes.html

leemajors
10-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Are dove breasts dark meat? I would have guessed it was white meat, but that picture confused me. I thought only water fowl had dark meat breasts?
it's dark.

thispego
10-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Bacon-Wrapped & Jalapeno-Stuffed Grilled Dove Breasts

INGREDIENTS:
-10 Dove Breasts(or whatever your limit was)
-10 slices bacon-5 pickled jalapenos :vomit: , sliced lengthwise
-2 tablespoons melted butter
-1 teaspoon garlic
-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1 teasoon salt

DIRECTIONS:
Mix last four ingredients together. Pour over dove breasts and marinade at least 4 hours.

Place a jalapeno half inside the cavity. Wrap each dove breast with a slice of bacon and hold all together with a toothpick.

Grill over medium heat, about 4 minutes per side, until bacon is crisp and dove breasts are brown. Serve.

Good stuff man

fresh jalapenos all the way

thispego
10-15-2007, 11:21 AM
You want to eat the symbol of peace?

How very neo-con of you.
http://www.westol.com/~banding/MODO_LU_052803a.jpg
Morning dove = not the symbol of peace

BacktoBasics
10-15-2007, 11:22 AM
I would have marinated this in Arrogant Bastard Ale for about 4 hours. Then layed on the grill (off heat) with fresh salsa on top and smoked for about 2 hours with mesquite and charcoal. Top it with a little fresh mozzarella and a strip of prosciutto for the last 10 minutes.

Taco
10-15-2007, 11:25 AM
fresh jalapenos all the way

Yep you are right :tu
I just cut and pasted i didn't see the pickled part :lol

leemajors
10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I would have marinated this in Arrogant Bastard Ale for about 4 hours. Then layed on the grill (off heat) with fresh salsa on top and smoked for about 2 hours with mesquite and charcoal. Top it with a little fresh mozzarella and a strip of prosciutto for the last 10 minutes.
that brewery puts out some good stuff. stone IPA is badass as well.

thispego
10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
yeah... i made a big mistake and got hasty with them. They were still pretty good with a little spice in the oven with chilli petines but i really needed bacon, jalapenos, cheese and a grill to do them right. I'm having regrets already that I didn't wait.

thispego
10-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Yep you are right :tu
I just cut and pasted i didn't see the pickled part :lol
haha, i was gonna say, if there's anyone on the board who would know better it would be Taco

CavsSuperFan
10-15-2007, 12:33 PM
I know this guy with a real cool Ted Williams Shotgun Collection...He slaughters animals & birds all the time...Makes Dove poppers (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45044&page=3&pp=26&highlight=dove+poppers), Venison jerky....

~ boneless dove breasts, amount depends upon hungry you are
~ your favorite seasonings
~ bacon slices, cut in half, one per breast
~ fresh jalapeno peppers, cut into slices
~ sliced cheddar cheese
~ toothpicks

Season the breasts with your favorite seasonings.

Grill over medium heat to desired doneness

In the meantime, cook the bacon until done but NOT crispy. Drain on paper towels

When the breasts are done, place a small slice of cheese and a jalapeno slice on each and wrap with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.

Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, put them back in the grill till the cheese melts.

thispego
10-15-2007, 12:39 PM
yup... i'm pretty dissapointed in myself for not delaying gratification

Taco
10-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I know this guy with a real cool Ted Williams Shotgun Collection...He slaughters animals & birds all the time...Makes Dove poppers (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45044&page=3&pp=26&highlight=dove+poppers), Venison jerky....

~ boneless dove breasts, amount depends upon hungry you are
~ your favorite seasonings
~ bacon slices, cut in half, one per breast
~ fresh jalapeno peppers, cut into slices
~ sliced cheddar cheese
~ toothpicks

Season the breasts with your favorite seasonings.

Grill over medium heat to desired doneness

In the meantime, cook the bacon until done but NOT crispy. Drain on paper towels

When the breasts are done, place a small slice of cheese and a jalapeno slice on each and wrap with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.

Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, put them back in the grill till the cheese melts.

:hungry: :hungry:

thispego
10-15-2007, 04:39 PM
George West Bitch

Useruser666
10-15-2007, 04:50 PM
"This is what it sounds like, when doves fry...."

marini martini
10-15-2007, 04:54 PM
"This is what it sounds like, when doves fry...." :lmao :lmao :lmao

10-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Dove, Mango and Bacon

4 – 6 appetizer servings

16 – 20 boneless dove breasts
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Tabasco
1 slightly underripe mango
12 – 15 strips bacon, cut in half and partially cooked
small wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes

Combine olive oil in a bowl with next 6 ingredients. Add dove breasts, cover and marinade for 2 – 3 hours. Remove breasts from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Peel and seed mango and cut into strips. Lay out bacon strips. On each strip lay a slice of mango and a dove breast. Wrap snugly with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Grill or broil until bacon is done and dove breasts are rare to medium-rare.

leemajors
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
George West Bitch
there's good quail hunting around there.