PDA

View Full Version : Well, SRA, you may have gotten your wish...

K-State Spur
10-14-2007, 07:23 PM
rumors are abound at HI and Huskerpedia of something major to happen this week. Although it may go much higher than Cosgrove. Seems that Pederson may be ousted this week.

While it may not be clear whether SP hitched his wagon to Cally, I think Cally's wagon is definitely hitched to Pederson. No way that they fire the AD and then allow the football coach to return, regardless of what changes he is willing to make to his staff.

SrA Husker
10-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I've heard the same rumors. And I'll just say this: It's not my wish. I fully support the coaching staff and it pains me to see it come down to this. That's what separates me from most Huskerpedia posters who relish the Solich days - they have wanted to see failure and are now giddy.

Whatever happens at this point happens. All I can do is give my full support to the coaching staff, whoever they may be. This team goes beyond Tom Osborne, Frank Solich, or Bill Callahan... it goes beyond Bill Byrne or Steve Pederson. Ultimately, it is the Nebraska Cornhuskers and that should be something to cause pride. My main hope for the future is the separation that currently exists in Husker nation disappears, as it isn't helping anyone out.

GO Huskers!!!

BTW - I like to hang out at bbs.bigredboard.com instead of the other places - a lot more intelligent discussion and no troll posts.

K-State Spur
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
sounds like Tom Osborne back in as AD? does he get to make the decision on the next head coach? if so, is he willing to deviate from the nebraska tree? if not, who is out there? Turner Gill? I know he's still loved in Lincoln, but he's still got a ways to go at Buffalo.

Gonna be a very interesting fall/winter for UNL.

SrA Husker
10-14-2007, 09:58 PM
sounds like Tom Osborne back in as AD? does he get to make the decision on the next head coach? if so, is he willing to deviate from the nebraska tree? if not, who is out there? Turner Gill? I know he's still loved in Lincoln, but he's still got a ways to go at Buffalo.

Gonna be a very interesting fall/winter for UNL.

From what I've gathered, Dr. Tom would be an interim-AD. This would be a good measure as it would basically reunite Husker nation. He should not however have any influence over the search for the next coach. The school has to look outside of Dr. Tom's circle to get the best choice.

Turner Gill is doing good at Buffalo, but I'm not sure he's ready to come back to Lincoln.