PDA

View Full Version : the next iron chef

leemajors
10-14-2007, 11:38 PM
is kinda bleh. i'll keep watching, but tonight's episode was a total mess.

Melmart1
10-14-2007, 11:39 PM
I am watching it right now and not impressed. I miss Top Chef already.

leemajors
10-15-2007, 12:02 AM
I am watching it right now and not impressed. I miss Top Chef already.
i'm not sure if top chef did it originally, but they're copping the quickfire/elim pretty badly. i wish it was more about the cooking and not trying to humiliate good chefs.

leemajors
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
this show is a total copycat of top chef, and suffers from a massive overdose of alton brown. the chefs they have are good, but it is a horrible concept with insufferable judges.

tlongII
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
The original Iron Chef was the best.

SrA Husker
10-28-2007, 10:40 PM
The original Iron Chef was the best.

Agreed - and the silly english dubbing was what made it great.

tlongII
10-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Agreed - and the silly english dubbing was what made it great.

Yup

T Park
10-28-2007, 11:35 PM
suffers from a massive overdose of alton brown

No such thing.

baseline bum
10-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Are these people supposed to be world class chefs, or what? I ask, because some friends have told me to check this Central/South American place run by two people from the show, but it just sounds strange to order carnitas from people named Mary Sue Milliken & Susan Feniger.

leemajors
10-29-2007, 08:59 AM
No such thing.
yes there is. if he's not talking technical aspects of cooking he comes off as a condescending ass.

Melmart1
10-29-2007, 11:20 AM
yes there is. if he's not talking technical aspects of cooking he comes off as a condescending ass.
I agree. He is taking this job way too seriously, I haven't heard a funny thing out of him yet. And those judges are just insufferable. They have judges on Top Chef that can be opinionated and yet not be rude and have a superiority complex. Oh, and an airline challenge? Yeah, TC did that already too, and much better.

leemajors
10-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I agree. He is taking this job way too seriously, I haven't heard a funny thing out of him yet. And those judges are just insufferable. They have judges on Top Chef that can be opinionated and yet not be rude and have a superiority complex. Oh, and an airline challenge? Yeah, TC did that already too, and much better.
not only that, but mark dacascos is his "chairman." that alone should keep you knocked down a peg or two. that one judge had it out for sanchez for no apparent reason, like he had spurned his advances.