PDA

View Full Version : Ohio state / MSU

Flintstones32
10-15-2007, 07:41 AM
I think Michigan State has a chance this week. They have a great offense so I believe they'll be able to score on OSU, but their defense is so bad that OSU will pretty much score at will. Should be a game in the high 30's or 40's if Michigan State shows up to play, if not, OSU will just blow them out. But I think they have a chance. Look forward to watching it.

Go Spartans!!!

samikeyp
10-15-2007, 08:13 AM
There is quite a bit of optimism up here about that today. They have a shot but they need to play almost a perfect game. I don't think Sparty pulls out the win but it should be closer than most think.

Thunder Dan
10-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Purdue with their #1 offense in the Big 10 scored a touchdown with 10 seconds left. Michigan State loses by 21+

Marklar MM
10-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Purdue with their #1 offense in the Big 10 scored a touchdown with 10 seconds left. Michigan State loses by 21+

Michigan State has the #1 offense, and that "#1 offense of Purdue" scored a grand total of.....7 points in 59 minutes of football.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Ohio State isnt going undefeated. No way in hell especially with the way this season has gone.

SanAntonioBuckeye
10-17-2007, 07:55 PM
I think Michigan State has a chance this week. They have a great offense so I believe they'll be able to score on OSU, but their defense is so bad that OSU will pretty much score at will. Should be a game in the high 30's or 40's if Michigan State shows up to play, if not, OSU will just blow them out. But I think they have a chance. Look forward to watching it.

Go Spartans!!!
John L. Smith isn't coaching scUM Lite anymore. So, they have a much better chance of keeping the score down to 21+. This isn't 1998.

Thunder Dan
10-20-2007, 06:15 PM
well Michigan State put 17 on the board, 3 by the offense

JoeChalupa
10-22-2007, 09:26 AM
How 'bout them Buckeyes!!!

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
we should find out this week. So far they have held the #1 offense (at the time) in the Big Ten to 7 points vs Purdue, and the new #1 offense in Michigan State to 3.

But hopefully they don't get intimidated by guys dressed like cheerleaders in all white, and a 1980 Nintendo lion growl when they go to Penn State this week.

tlongII
10-22-2007, 09:54 AM
PLEASE GOD make the Buckeyes lose a game! Nobody wants to see those overrated stiffs in the BCS Championship!

tlongII
10-22-2007, 09:55 AM
The Ducks would absolutely annihilate Ohio State!

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 10:02 AM
The Ducks would absolutely annihilate Ohio State!

I like how the Buckeyes lose (badly I know) in one bowl game in 5 years and all of a sudden they are expected to get blown out. I mean they are 4-1 in BCS games, and 5-1 in Bowl games overall since 2002. Florida kicked our ass, but seriously,Ohio State has twice the talent on the field than Oregon does so I wouldnt assume they would annihilate them.

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 10:06 AM
plus, Oregon played and lost to Cal- which has a shitty defense- in their own house.

samikeyp
10-22-2007, 10:20 AM
:lmao @ Nintendo Lion.

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
:lmao @ Nintendo Lion.

seriously listen for it after they get a first down (assuming they do). It's the least most intimidating thing in the world. Plus, if you look at the crowd during their "White Out of Ohio State" check out what they are wearing. The crowd is like a Seurat painting- from far away it looks awesome but when you get closer it's all messed up because guys are dressed like cheerleaders and waving pom poms and whatnot. I was there in 2005 and got heckled by guys in skirts not once, not twice, but on 3 different occasions. It does look awesome though.

tlongII
10-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I like how the Buckeyes lose (badly I know) in one bowl game in 5 years and all of a sudden they are expected to get blown out. I mean they are 4-1 in BCS games, and 5-1 in Bowl games overall since 2002. Florida kicked our ass, but seriously,Ohio State has twice the talent on the field than Oregon does so I wouldnt assume they would annihilate them.

That's absolutely laughable! :lmao The Big-10 is WAY DOWN! Just look at the Big-10's Bowl record. It's BAD!

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
That's absolutely laughable! :lmao The Big-10 is WAY DOWN! Just look at the Big-10's Bowl record. It's BAD!

Ohio State has the most first round draft picks of any team in the NCAA. Since 2006, they have had 8 players selected in the first round of the NFL draft......Oregon had one. Thats what I meant by that statement.

Here is the stats.

Ohio State 66
USC 65
Notre Dame,Miami 61
Michigan, Florida 42

Oregon didn't even make top 15.

Plus, your assuming Oregon is good just because they play in the Pac-10. If you hold that to be true you will assume that Ole Miss is some powerhouse just because they play in the SEC. Which by the way went 1-2 vs. the Big 10 in bowls last year

MajorMike
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Not to take up for the P10, but what has that got to do with the price of tea in China? College players do not always translate into pro players (hello, calling Troy Smith and Jason White).

How many players did Boise State have chosen in the 1st round?

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Not to take up for the P10, but what has that got to do with the price of tea in China? College players do not always translate into pro players (hello, calling Troy Smith and Jason White).

How many players did Boise State have chosen in the 1st round?

Normally teams with a decent ammount of NFL talent seem to win more games than they lose. With the exception of Notre Dame, the teams on that list are what you would consider the top teams in college football. Oklahoma and Texas are next on that list. Also, why are you knocking Troy Smith? I mean chances are he doesn't turn into anything, but he is doing the exact thing Brady Quinn is doing in Cleveland, the same thing John Beck is doing in Miami, and the same thing Jamarcus Russell is doing in Oakland. Chances are he won't be a stud QB, but if you watched in the preseason, he was anything but bad. The Ravens must have thought enough of him to cut a QB that they signed to a 2 year deal in the off season in order to keep Troy. Late round quarterbacks seem to be better than the ones taken in the first round. Look at Tom Brady and Tony Romo. Hell Jason White wasn't even drafted. Troy wasn't drafted higher just because of his size, which again if you watched the preseason he had no problem finding throwing lanes as only one of his passes was knocked down.

tlongII
10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
I guarantee that this year's Oregon team will have more NFL draft picks than this year's Ohio State team.

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 11:50 AM
I guarantee that this year's Oregon team will have more NFL draft picks than this year's Ohio State team.

yeah because we have 4 seniors that start,7 overall and James Laurinaitis and Malcolm Jenkins if they decide to leave.

James Stewart might go first round, but I can't think of any others..

tlongII
10-22-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah because we have 4 seniors that start,7 overall and James Laurinaitis and Malcolm Jenkins if they decide to leave.

James Stewart might go first round, but I can't think of any others..

Which means there is more talent on this year's Oregon team than on Ohio State.

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Which means there is more talent on this year's Oregon team than on Ohio State.

Boone will be a first rounder, James and Malcolm will both be first rounders if they leave, so that would be 3. But word is they are staying because they want to play at USC next September and they also want to end their college careers at home against Michigan.

But I like Oregon, I' not knocking them, I'm just sticking up for Ohio State. They had one bad game and now everyone thinks they are overrated. I mean Oklahoma didn't get this treatment when they got blown out by USC a couple years back.

tlongII
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Boone will be a first rounder, James and Malcolm will both be first rounders if they leave, so that would be 3. But word is they are staying because they want to play at USC next September and they also want to end their college careers at home against Michigan.

But I like Oregon, I' not knocking them, I'm just sticking up for Ohio State. They had one bad game and now everyone thinks they are overrated. I mean Oklahoma didn't get this treatment when they got blown out by USC a couple years back.

Dixon, Stewart, and Jaison Williams will all be 1st rounders from Oregon. Oklahoma had already lost a game before they got blown out by USC. That's why they didn't get the same treatment.

Thunder Dan
10-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Dixon, Stewart, and Jaison Williams will all be 1st rounders from Oregon. Oklahoma had already lost a game before they got blown out by USC. That's why they didn't get the same treatment.

I'll bet you anything Dixon is not a first rounder. He is a good college QB, but the pros will not draft him for 2 reasons 1)he is a runner not a thrower 2) he signed on the play pro baseball, so it's a wasted pick if he decides he wants to play baseball

tlongII
10-22-2007, 04:35 PM
I'll bet you anything Dixon is not a first rounder. He is a good college QB, but the pros will not draft him for 2 reasons 1)he is a runner not a thrower 2) he signed on the play pro baseball, so it's a wasted pick if he decides he wants to play baseball

Apparently you missed the bombs he threw at Michigan. Dixon is 6-4 and he can do it all. He's definitely a 1st rounder.

JoeChalupa
10-23-2007, 02:23 PM
PLEASE GOD make the Buckeyes lose a game! Nobody wants to see those overrated stiffs in the BCS Championship!

I do!! Go Buckeyes!!!!

JamStone
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Apparently you missed the bombs he threw at Michigan. Dixon is 6-4 and he can do it all. He's definitely a 1st rounder.

Dixon is quite a talent. But, unless there are 6-7 QBs taken in the first round, he's not a first rounder. There are too many QBs ahead of him. He's probably a third round pick.

SanAntonioBuckeye
10-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Where's the Oregon's BCS championship? They don't have one! Dan Fouts can't play for you guys anymore! Win a Pac-10 title again sometime in the near future. Pick a one freaking uniform to wear!

Thunder Dan
10-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Where's the Oregon's BCS championship? They don't have one! Dan Fouts can't play for you guys anymore! Win a Pac-10 title again sometime in the near future. Pick a one freaking uniform to wear!

yeah tOSU loses one game badly to Florida and now nobody wants to remember their dominance in the BCS since 2002

leemajors
10-26-2007, 06:32 PM
yeah a lot of people have forgotten that total bullshit pass interference 4th down call that helped them win the title in 02.

Thunder Dan
10-26-2007, 06:41 PM
yeah a lot of people have forgotten that total bullshit pass interference 4th down call that helped them win the title in 02.

lee see for yourself.. http://531ghostown.com/id148_buckeyes.htm. there was holding the whole way to the endzone

leemajors
10-27-2007, 12:36 AM
weird. all i see is justification.

Thunder Dan
10-27-2007, 08:25 AM
weird. all i see is justification.

what do you expect? I thought it was a great call by the official :clap

leemajors
10-27-2007, 09:02 AM
what do you expect? I thought it was a great call by the official :clap
i'm sure you did. weird how it was called about 45 minutes after the play was over.

SanAntonioBuckeye
10-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Your team is out of the running for anything! So, all you can do is bag on tOSU. :wtf

jochhejaam
11-04-2007, 08:56 AM
OSU (all rise) vs LSU or Oregon in the BCS Final.

http://www.scarletandgray.info/osu/media/Fight_the_team.mp3

tlongII
11-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Better DUCK!

SanAntonioBuckeye
11-06-2007, 09:18 AM
OSU (all rise) vs LSU or Oregon in the BCS Final.

http://www.scarletandgray.info/osu/media/Fight_the_team.mp3
Great song!

Indazone
11-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Yes any team making it to the championship game will be the sacrificial lamb for OSU. lol

Thunder Dan
11-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Glad to see you have more confidence in the Buckeyes than I do

SanAntonioBuckeye
11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Yes any team making it to the championship game will be the sacrificial lamb for OSU. lol
They still have two games to play. Let the season play out.

Muck Fichigan!

tlongII
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I usually root for the Buckeyes against Michigan, but this year I'm a Wolverine fan!

Flintstones32
11-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, being a spartan fan, I always root against Michigan. But I really don't like OSU much either. Problem I have I guess is if Michigan wins, they are in a BCS game. That to me seems a bit lame seeing how they started out the season. No team losing to a 1AA team should be in the BCS no matter how well they finished the season imo.

Thunder Dan
11-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah, being a spartan fan, I always root against Michigan. But I really don't like OSU much either. Problem I have I guess is if Michigan wins, they are in a BCS game. That to me seems a bit lame seeing how they started out the season. No team losing to a 1AA team should be in the BCS no matter how well they finished the season imo.

You don't want more Ohio State funding of the Spartan program? We have given your school over $5,300,000 since 2002 in Bowl revenue. We should be everyone in the Big Ten second favorite team. And by us making it to the Title game, your school gets about 1.73 million. If I were you, and I wanted a good program, I would want the Buckeyes strictly for the money coming to help my program... but thats just me

SanAntonioBuckeye
11-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I was a Sparty fan last weekend. You guy hate Mike Hart! That guy will go to the NFL & live on the IR.

Thunder Dan
11-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I was a Sparty fan last weekend. You guy hate Mike Hart! That guy will go to the NFL & live on the IR.

I love how those seniors came back to win a National Championship and to beat tOSU, like beating Ohio State is a reason to turn down millions. It just shows what losers they are that they went 0-3 and have to come back to try to salvage a win and their dignity at UM. The best was how he talks shit every year after Ohio State beats Michigan.

Flintstones32
11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
You don't want more Ohio State funding of the Spartan program? We have given your school over $5,300,000 since 2002 in Bowl revenue. We should be everyone in the Big Ten second favorite team. And by us making it to the Title game, your school gets about 1.73 million. If I were you, and I wanted a good program, I would want the Buckeyes strictly for the money coming to help my program... but thats just me

Heh yes that is true. I don't have anything against Ohio State. It would just be nice to see someone else other than Osu/UM win the conference. I know that sure isnt happening this year, but even with another disappointing second half of the season, I think the Spartans took a step forward this year.

Thunder Dan
11-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Heh yes that is true. I don't have anything against Ohio State. It would just be nice to see someone else other than Osu/UM win the conference. I know that sure isnt happening this year, but even with another disappointing second half of the season, I think the Spartans took a step forward this year.

I think they did as well, but getting the extra cash flow helps your program in so many ways.