PDA

View Full Version : Car Wreck

Soul_Patch
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
So...i got into a wreck this morning. My car barely has 7000 miles on it, and already its in the damn body shop. Lady wasnt paying attention i guess, and didnt realize she needed to stop when the traffic in front of her is stopped.

I had moved into the fast lane, behind a big ass tour bus, because there was a car in the slow lane going about 30 MPH on the highway...I moved over into a wide open lane, i think the lady that hit me was at least 10 or more car lengths away.

Right when i moved over the bus slams the breaks, i slam my breaks and am already stopped, as i watch this girl in a 92 explorer keep on truckin...finally breaks...slides...trys to dodge me and clips my back left bumper...FUCK!

She is crying and screaming i thought she was hurt...turns out she had just got in a wreck recently, and she was screaming in despair...then of course she tries to tell her boyfriend who shows up, and the cop, that i swerved in front of her...what the fuck?!? I have swerved in front of people before, and there is no way on earth you could consider that swerving! i was jsut floored when she said that.

oh well...its in the insurance's hands now...people always say regardless of what happened if you rear end someone, its you fault...i just hope some how it doesnt end up being a fiasco.

Mixability
10-15-2007, 11:59 AM
get a lawyer asap.

Kriz-Maxima
10-15-2007, 12:02 PM
It almost certain that when someone rears you its their fault, but get oriented just in case.

E20
10-15-2007, 12:03 PM
You should never drink and drive.

Mixability
10-15-2007, 12:03 PM
how hard were you hit?

jaffies
10-15-2007, 12:23 PM
fuck dat bitch. I'm sure it'll fall on her for being an idiot. She probably was just saying that to save face, especially since she had just previously been in a wreck before.

Where's this guy when you need him:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/8/8d/180px-JackieChiles.jpg

it's good that you're ok, though

PM5K
10-15-2007, 12:28 PM
If it's your word against hers, you win...

If she has someone in the car lying for her, or another driver as a witness you are fux0red....

Soul_Patch
10-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Nope...just her and i...no one was with her. Her husband or dad or something pulled up shortly after, and he asked why i swerved in front of her...haha...i was like...wtf?!?

But he left before the officer got there.

She hit my left rear bumper and tore the bumper in half and cruched the back quarter panel...still driveable. She hit her breaks and slid...tried to go into the median around me, but there wasnt enough space so she caught the side of my car. Not too bad, but still sucks to see your brand new car get fucked up.

thispego
10-15-2007, 12:52 PM
So...i got into a wreck this morning. My car barely has 7000 miles on it, and already its in the damn body shop. Lady wasnt paying attention i guess, and didnt realize she needed to stop when the traffic in front of her is stopped.

I had moved into the fast lane, behind a big ass tour bus, because there was a car in the slow lane going about 30 MPH on the highway...I moved over into a wide open lane, i think the lady that hit me was at least 10 or more car lengths away.

Right when i moved over the bus slams the breaks, i slam my breaks and am already stopped, as i watch this girl in a 92 explorer keep on truckin...finally breaks...slides...trys to dodge me and clips my back left bumper...FUCK!

She is crying and screaming i thought she was hurt...turns out she had just got in a wreck recently, and she was screaming in despair...then of course she tries to tell her boyfriend who shows up, and the cop, that i swerved in front of her...what the fuck?!? I have swerved in front of people before, and there is no way on earth you could consider that swerving! i was jsut floored when she said that.

oh well...its in the insurance's hands now...people always say regardless of what happened if you rear end someone, its you fault...i just hope some how it doesnt end up being a fiasco.
this is the fact that will be disputed.

Mixability
10-15-2007, 12:53 PM
If you're feeling any pain, I'd get a lawyer soon. Hell, even if you're not feeling anything yet doesn't mean you don't wake up tomorrow sore. Get yourself checked out.

Soul_Patch
10-15-2007, 12:55 PM
this is the fact that will be disputed.

She was way back there...long enough for me to be pretty much at a stop and watch her coming wondering if she was going to stop too.

I honestly thought she would, seeing that she was so far back...then when i heard her tires screech, and her go sideways a bit...i said GOD DAMNIT!

because it was obvious she didnt notice in time. I got into a wreck just like this about 5 years ago, and i was the one who hit someone else from behind...i was at fault, and he seirously did squeeze in between me and the car in front, with about 1/2 car lengths left, then immediately slam on his breaks...i was still at fault.

Soul_Patch
10-15-2007, 12:55 PM
If you're feeling any pain, I'd get a lawyer soon. Hell, even if you're not feeling anything yet doesn't mean you don't wake up tomorrow sore. Get yourself checked out.

I really dont want to spend any money on this shit. I didnt do a thing wrong, so id prefer it to be sorted out by the insurance and i can go about my business as usual.

Mixability
10-15-2007, 12:58 PM
I really dont want to spend any money on this shit. I didnt do a thing wrong, so id prefer it to be sorted out by the insurance and i can go about my business as usual.

I didn't spend a time when I got in a wreck. The lawyer paid for my rehab, rental, doctors visits up front. They just deducted it from the settlement I got about 6 months later. In my case, the guy had no license was from out of town and had 6 witnesses in his car. I was driving alone when he sideswiped me. Even with those odds, I came up with around 7k if I remember correctly. :fro

Soul_Patch
10-15-2007, 12:59 PM
I didn't spend a time when I got in a wreck. The lawyer paid for my rehab, rental, doctors visits up front. They just deducted it from the settlement I got about 6 months later. In my case, the guy had no license was from out of town and had 6 witnesses in his car. I was driving alone when he sideswiped me. Even with those odds, I came up with around 7k if I remember correctly. :fro

hrmm..... :wakeup haha to be honest my left shoulder is sore, but i just assume its because i passed out on the couch last night! lol...

Mixability
10-15-2007, 01:01 PM
hrmm..... :wakeup

Believe me, I didn't feel like going through all the bullshit either, but when I woke up in the morning after the wreck, my neck and back hurt and that was just from getting sideswiped not rearended. Also, my ins didn't cover a rental car, so I would've been out of transportation for the entire month my car was being looked at. They finally just made it a total loss and I used the cash to pay off bills and put a down payment on a new car.

Mixability
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
I am sooooo not telling you to but on a neck brace and take this chick to the cleaners, but getting checked out now for injuries would be better than saying you're fine now and then having back or shoulder problems later.

TDMVPDPOY
10-15-2007, 01:39 PM
hahaha same situation as i am about 2 weeks ago

new condition ex-prius, i was at a stop like other cars in front of me red lights...then all of a sudden got rear ended...other persons fault no matter what...

i dont like to chase other ppl to get things done, so i contacted my insurance and they sorted out everything...

just got the car back, stupid body repairs left certain paint on the side mirrors...removed it with nail polish remover...rear bumper brand new, iron bar etc...AUS$2500 was total repair bill

now there are certain cases where its 50/50 fault for both parties...there excuse could be if ur drivin manual, you stalled at the lights and other person rear ended...NEVER ACCEPT FAULT...

hater
10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
what a bitch. write down her address just in case. if the court finds you guilty, wait a few months and then pay her a visit.

Soul_Patch
10-15-2007, 02:05 PM
My wife was just telling me that she went to Carabin and Shaw twice in previous non fault accidents.

I just called them. They asked if i was hurt, etc...i said my shoulder was sore, but thats about it...they want me to come by and talk to someone.

BacktoBasics
10-15-2007, 02:31 PM
that sucks it was left rear because that looks bad. Fucking women changing their stories, classic bitch move. Good luck to you on this.

Twisted_Dawg
10-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I was an insurance adjuster for years. I handled all kinds of claims. I can give you all kinds of advice. I will tell you that after that other driver thinks about things, discusses it with her firends, by tomorrow morning in her mind you will be the one at fault. People by nature do not like to admit fault..even when rear ended someone stopped at a red light.

If she has a shit company like Fred Loya, Rodney D Young, or one of those tyes...you are screwed. They won't even call you back. Make sure you have your version down pat when you talk to the other company, particulalry that you looked in both mirrors, used your turn signal, saw the other driver 15 car lenghts back in the left lane, carefully switched lanes; then the bus began to break at which point you did also for 3-4 seconds after which the other driver rear ended you.

It is not true that just because you are rear ended it is the other drivers fault. I hate to tell you this, but it is my feeling that the other insurance compnay is going to deny your claim based on what the other drivers says. But if they do pay your claim, you can also ask for the diminished value of your car. That is, even when repaired, your car sustained a diminished value form what it was worth before the accident.

Lawyers only give a shit about bodily injury claims and hate to get invovled in property damage. Don't be surprised if that other chick gets a lawyer on you. you can PM if you want.

Twisted_Dawg
10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
that sucks it was left rear because that looks bad. Fucking women changing their stories, classic bitch move. Good luck to you on this.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Twisted_Dawg
10-15-2007, 03:13 PM
One last thing....was that other driver a hottie with big tits?
If so, you are screwed....cops like that!

SAtown
10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Women can't drive.

Soul_Patch
10-15-2007, 04:28 PM
No she was a big fat black lady...with nappy hair.

Soul_Patch
10-15-2007, 04:30 PM
I already called my insurance company and filed the claim. I am assuming the adjuster will work out with the other insurance who is at fault. My insurance is USAA, and i have never had any problems with them.

Wouldn't my insurance company argue on my behalf, if anything, to not have to pay for the claim?

marini martini
10-15-2007, 04:37 PM

Glad I didn't say that :oops

Wrecks are a bitch, insurance companys are even a bigger bitch. I've always
Lost out whenever I or a family member was in an auto accident. Good luck to you, and do get your shoulder checked out :)

Twisted_Dawg
10-15-2007, 05:19 PM
USAA will pay your claim--less your hefty deductible. The other party probably does not have collision coverage and will have no recourse but to try to get USAA to pay their damages. USAA will investigate and make a decision. If they think she was at fault, they will go back to her and her company and try to get their money back through arbitration. This is classic disputed liability. My bet is the other driver hires an attorney to try and get some money from USAA.

Hey...you didn't call that other driver a bitch or anything did you?

BigBeezie
10-15-2007, 05:32 PM
My buddy just got a $29,000 check from his last car wreck. That's his cut after the attorney got his fee. Pretty sweet, eh?

PM me if you want the attorney's information...

angel_luv
10-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Sorry to hear about wreck.
I hope is all is resolved in your favor and quickly.

Soul_Patch
10-15-2007, 07:26 PM
No i didnt call her anything. I jumped out of my car, because she was moaning and screaming. i thought she was hurt, turns out she had just gotten in a wreck recently, and was crying because she was in another one.

exstatic
10-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Weezie Jefferson hit you? Di you get her autograph?
:downspin:

marini martini
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey twisted, just turned over to USAA, can't wait to have my next wreck :toast

Look out S.A. :ihit

marini martini
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Owwwwww, my back :dramaquee

leemajors
10-15-2007, 10:41 PM
No i didnt call her anything. I jumped out of my car, because she was moaning and screaming. i thought she was hurt, turns out she had just gotten in a wreck recently, and was crying because she was in another one.
i think that will weigh pretty well against her.

Cry Havoc
10-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Just curious, what kind of car is it?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-16-2007, 03:04 AM
I was an insurance adjuster for years. I handled all kinds of claims. I can give you all kinds of advice. I will tell you that after that other driver thinks about things, discusses it with her firends, by tomorrow morning in her mind you will be the one at fault. People by nature do not like to admit fault..even when rear ended someone stopped at a red light.

And isn't that just the problem with our societies these days.

If she took that long to stop, I'd bet she was talking on her phone.

Hope it works out okay for you.

Soul_Patch
10-16-2007, 08:14 AM
I drive a 2007 Nissan Altima

She drove a 92 ford explorer