PDA

View Full Version : Shaq goes down after only 5 min

Vinnie_Johnson
10-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Poor Heat fan..

A week into camp, injuries keep mounting for Heat
By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer
October 15, 2007

Miami Heat trainer Ron Culp. left, wraps an ice bag on Shaquille O'Neal's left thigh during practice in Miami, Monday, Oct. 15, 2007.
AP - Oct 15, 1:13 pm EDT
More Photos

MIAMI (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal walked off the Miami Heat practice floor slowly, a bruised left quadriceps souring his mood.

"Terrible," was his answer to a "How is it?" query as he departed, though O'Neal sent word later that he wasn't being serious.

Still, there's already cause for some serious concern around Heat camp -- as eight of Miami's 20 players were unable to practice Monday because of injuries. Bruised hips, sore shins, aching thighs, sprained ankles -- all that and more are being treated by the Heat medical staff these days.

An 0-4 start to the preseason isn't helping matters, either.

"It's frustrating for me because I'd like to have all hands on deck and be pushing toward that goal of putting the team together," Heat coach Pat Riley said. "But you have to deal with what you have."

ADVERTISEMENT
Or in this case, what you don't have.

The hurting Heat were all seated along the practice court Monday morning as teammates ran drills. Guard Dwyane Wade -- who's out for at least a few regular-season games as he recovers from knee and shoulder surgeries -- tried to entertain himself by seeing if he could get a ball stuck on a basket support.

Miami knew it'd be without Wade for a while. All the other injuries are relatively new.

O'Neal injured his leg Saturday in an exhibition game against Charlotte and is day-to-day, Riley said. Brian Chase (foot), Jason Williams (shin), Marcus Slaughter (ankle), Penny Hardaway (quadriceps), Wayne Simien (knee) and Michael Doleac (hip) also missed Monday's workout, although most may be back in a couple of days.

But for now, they're merely spectators. Hardaway watched the end of practice from a stationary bike, his head tilted to the right. Williams got into a conversation with Wade. Slaughter yawned.

"I could probably go, but I don't want to (mess) something else up," said Williams, who spent the summer rehabbing a chronically sore knee that he said doesn't hurt anymore.

"I guess it's frustrating, but at the same time, we've got to take care of our bodies first," Williams added. "If we're hurt, we can't go, so there's no need to go out there and jeopardize our season."

For Hardaway, the waiting is particularly tough -- since he probably has to play his way onto the Heat roster.

The 36-year-old has barely played over the past four NBA seasons because of knee problems. He says the knee is fine, but the sore quadriceps has kept him from doing much of anything since camp began.

"Injuries are a part of the game," said Hardaway, who plans to practice this week. "Thank God it's not the regular season and then guys are out. Right now is the time, if there ever is a time, for guys to get well, get healed up and get ready."

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Basketball ’07. Get off the bench and register t

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heatinjuries&prov=ap&type=lgns

Flo-Rida
10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
man he did that shit on purpose

resistanze
10-15-2007, 05:58 PM
Retire. His legs can't take them food binges anymore.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Shaq goes down after only 5 min

:lmao

Medvedenko
10-15-2007, 06:08 PM
It's too bad for the big fella....don't like to see his demise due to injuries.

resistanze
10-15-2007, 06:09 PM
O'Neal injured his leg Saturday in an exhibition game against Charlotte and is day-to-day, Riley said. Brian Chase (foot), Jason Williams (shin), Marcus Slaughter (ankle), Penny Hardaway (quadriceps), Wayne Simien (knee) and Michael Doleac (hip) also missed Monday's workout, although most may be back in a couple of days.
:lol

He was born injured.

mavsfan1000
10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Poor Shaq

2centsworth
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
looks like dude just eats and doesn't workout.

Vinnie_Johnson
10-15-2007, 07:13 PM
He is a shell of his former self what is he making this year?

exstatic
10-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Anfernee Hardaway is injured. Stop the presses!!!

exstatic
10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
It's too bad for the big fella....don't like to see his demise due to injuries.
That's been inevitable since he played in LA at like 370-380 for a few years. And no, I don't care what his listed weight was.

Brutalis
10-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Faked an injury. Paid everyone along with the wife too huh?

Kriz-Maxima
10-15-2007, 08:02 PM
He has done that the last couple of years, get injured at the start of the season and rest it out. Im not saying he is faking it, im just saying it's rather convenient.

AlamoSpursFan
10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
He's in training for his REAL job. Eating donuts in the shotgun seat of a traffic cop's car.

ShoogarBear
10-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Shaq brought this on himself to a great deal. This is what happens when you don't keep conditioned in the offseason.

Strike
10-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Maybe if the "Big Ate-Yo-Taco" mixed in a eliptical or a little exercise now and again he'd be in a bit better shape instead of the big bald fuckin lummox he's become.

I have no sympathy for his fat overpaid ass.

Dre_7
10-16-2007, 04:08 AM

He was born injured.

Actually he had a great several years in the NBA up until his first injury. Matter of fact he was a superstar. But since that knee injury, Penny has never been the same. Its sad, he was such an amazing athlete.

Cry Havoc
10-16-2007, 08:51 AM
The Heat will go down as one of the weaker teams to ever hoist the O'Brien Trophy. This team has shown no toughness or desire to get back to the pedestal they were on. Besides D-Wade, it's a squad full of scrubs + a hobbled giant who's a shadow of his former self.

Absolutely no passion to win it again. I guess once was enough for them.

Spurs fans, are we sated with 4? Somehow, I doubt it. :toast

Obstructed_View
10-16-2007, 08:59 AM
The Heat will go down as one of the weaker teams to ever hoist the O'Brien Trophy. This team has shown no toughness or desire to get back to the pedestal they were on. Besides D-Wade, it's a squad full of scrubs + a hobbled giant who's a shadow of his former self.

Absolutely no passion to win it again. I guess once was enough for them.

Spurs fans, are we sated with 4? Somehow, I doubt it. :toast
If last season proved anything, it's that a single driven player can carry an otherwise bad team to the Finals. The Heat are more than talented enough to back up Wade if everyone is healthy. That's a big if, though.

nkdlunch
10-16-2007, 10:34 AM
LOL Penny Hardaway

Oh, Gee!!
10-16-2007, 10:38 AM
he just doesn't want to practice

Cry Havoc
10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
If last season proved anything, it's that a single driven player can carry an otherwise bad team to the Finals. The Heat are more than talented enough to back up Wade if everyone is healthy. That's a big if, though.

That's the whole point, though. They have the talent. Much as I hate him, anytime you put Shaq alongside a top 3 guard in the league, you should be moving deep into the playoffs. They just don't have the desire to work on fundamentals and play a smart game, and now they don't even have the passion to stay in shape. They act entitled because they won a championship, and most of them lost the fire... the definition of a team that's weak at heart. For how badly the Mavs got rocked by Golden State, they at least attempted to win the game. The crush-job the Bulls put on the Heat was far more brutal, if less spectacular in execution.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-16-2007, 01:08 PM
It's never a good start to the season when the healthiest cast member from Blue Chips is Nick Nolte.

freedom&justice
10-16-2007, 01:12 PM
How unsurprising. This has been Shaq's M.O. for the last decade, after all.

LakeShow
10-16-2007, 01:35 PM
This is the kind of stuff that got Jerry Buss and Kobe pissed off with him. He doesnt work out in the offseason and if he had an injury, he would wait until they report for training camp to have it taken care of. Shaq's lazy!

ShoogarBear
10-16-2007, 01:49 PM
If last season proved anything, it's that a single driven player can carry an otherwise bad Eastern Conference team to the Finals.Fixed.

PM5K
10-16-2007, 01:57 PM
he just doesn't want to practice

Yup, those aren't real injuries, those are preseason, training camp "injuries".

I bet if this was the playoffs they'd all be playing, anyone ever hear of someone missing a game of the Finals for any of the above listed ailments?

Axl Van Dam
10-17-2007, 12:42 AM

He was born injured.

:lmao :lol :lmao :lol :lmao

TheAuthority
10-17-2007, 05:49 AM
This is why Duncan > Shaq. Clearly.