PDA

View Full Version : Never Realized I Was Such A Geek

10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
So the wife and I were watching the DVR of last night's episode of "Chuck" after we had put the kids to bed and during one scene I said "Did you see that?", rewinded the scene, paused it and told my wife how interesting that one of the characters had one of those messenger bags with "Tyrell Corporation" emblazoned on the front of it. Then I went on to explain what the Tyrell Corporation was and where it came from and how interesting it also was that since it was a series about a computer geek, it was kind of cool that the producers were throwing in "product placements" like Tyrell, Tron and Oldboy.

Then my wife shot me one of thosse quizzical looks that said "And I give two shits about this because?", so i just sat back on the couch, shut my mouth and had another beer.

Taco
10-16-2007, 08:26 AM
So the wife and I were watching the DVR of last night's episode of "Chuck" after we had put the kids to bed and during one scene I said "Did you see that?", rewinded the scene, paused it and told my wife how interesting that one of the characters had one of those messenger bags with "Tyrell Corporation" emblazoned on the front of it. Then I went on to explain what the Tyrell Corporation was and where it came from and how interesting it also was that since it was a series about a computer geek, it was kind of cool that the producers were throwing in "product placements" like Tyrell, Tron and Oldboy.

Then my wife shot me one of thosse quizzical looks that said "And I give two shits about this because?", so i just sat back on the couch, shut my mouth and had another beer.
:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-16-2007, 08:30 AM

Still one of the greatest movies EVAH!

Why is Ridley Scott remaking it again? I'll have to watch it, but I thought the first Director's cut did it all.

Are you referring to the Korean film Old Boy? Saw that recently... muthfreaka, that was some sick shiznat! :devil

And of course Tron - now that needs a Director's cut with updated effects! or even a remake (although they'd probably screw it up...)

Oh, and GEEKS UNITE!!! Be proud of your nerdyness! :fro

PakiDan
10-16-2007, 09:19 AM
What the hell is Tyrell Corporation?

10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
What the hell is Tyrell Corporation?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0083658/)

desflood
10-16-2007, 10:58 AM
You are a geek. My husband watched Chuck last night and all he said was, "She's got nice boobs."

to21
10-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Hah! I noticed the bag and the boobs!

10-16-2007, 12:18 PM
You are a geek. My husband watched Chuck last night and all he said was, "She's got nice boobs."

The boobs are a given.

I did however pause/rewind to see what the blonde had under her bathrobe after it flew up when she was fighting the redhead ninja gal.

T Park
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Chuck is one of the best new shows to come around in a while.

The leading lady being smoking hot doesn't hurt.

Show is just funny as hell.

Spurminator
10-16-2007, 12:42 PM
If you guys like Chuck you might also like "Reaper" on The CW.

Cry Havoc
10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I realized how huge of a geek I am just this week, when I started getting really excited about the 2 Gigs of Ram I just newegged for my laptop.

=P

T Park
10-16-2007, 01:40 PM
If you guys like Chuck you might also like "Reaper" on The CW.

I will check it out.

Thanks for the recommendation :)

Burn531
10-16-2007, 02:56 PM
I like Chuck. It's a really good show. I've noticed the ratings are slipping every week which sucks. Hopefully it stays on.

T Park
10-16-2007, 02:59 PM
I've noticed the ratings are slipping every week which sucks

ah man :(

That does suck.

COME ON AMERICA!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Probably my favourite movie quote of all time, up with:

"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes..." :devil

I need to watch it again NOW!

ShoogarBear
10-16-2007, 08:23 PM
You are a geek. My husband watched Chuck last night and all he said was, "She's got nice boobs.":lol

10-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Took me about two seconds to find last night's reference.

Nice "Real Genius" reset.

ORION
10-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. (http://imdb.com/title/tt0083658/)
and that thing burned like hell !

TheTruth
10-30-2007, 06:08 PM
yeah, chuck and reaper are both very funny shows. I'm digging reaper a bit more than chuck though. He needs to let his sister in on the secret.

Shelly
10-30-2007, 06:47 PM
I always knew you were a geek :p:

The sone
10-30-2007, 06:51 PM
did you notice the episode in china town where the main guys name was "lao pan" and the girls name was "mao ling". nice "big trouble in little china" ref. i love that show!!!

703 Spurz
11-01-2007, 09:19 AM

I still don't know what the fuck movie this is :p: