PDA

View Full Version : It's All The Right Wing Nutcase Fault

xrayzebra
10-16-2007, 09:22 AM
A Liberal talk show host gets mugged in NYC and guess
who gets the blame. You guessed it.

Randi Rhodes is the Victim of a Violent Attack

Randi Rhodes was mugged on Sunday night on 39th Street and Park Ave, nearby her Manhattan apartment, while she was walking her dog Simon.

According to Air America Radio late night host Jon Elliott, Rhodes was beaten up pretty badly, losing several teeth and will probably be off the air for at least the rest of the week. At of late Monday night we have not able to locate any press accounts of the attack and nothing has been posted on the AAR website.

Several liberal blogs, including the Randi Rhodes Message Board and Democratic Underground have logged numerous posts on the Rhodes mugging with most of the posters expressing concern about the condition of the popular lib talker.

Morning talk host, Lionel filled in for Rhodes on Monday, but did not say anything about why she wasn’t on hand to do her show. The Randi Rhodes board reports that Sam Seder, who does a Sunday afternoon show for AAR, will be filling on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Elliott was extremely agitated when he reported on the incident. He opened his show by saying "it is with sadness that tonight I inform you that my Air America colleague Randi Rhodes was assaulted last night while walking her dog near her New York City home."

Pointing out that Rhodes was wearing a jogging suit and displayed no purse or jewelry, Elliott speculated that "this does not appear to me to be a standard grab the money and run mugging."

"Is this an attempt by the right wing hate machine to silence one of our own," he asked. "Are we threatening them. Are they afraid that we're winning. Are they trying to silence intimidate us."

Some of blog posters also expressed concerns that the attack on Rhodes was hate crime. Other posters warned that we need more facts before any judgements are made.

According to Elliott, Rhodes was resting in her New York City apartment and was not hospitalized.

Attacks on liberal talk radio stations and their hosts are not a new thing. About a month ago a gunman fired a shot through a window at the studios of KPFT, Houston’s, Pacifica station narrowly missing a DJ who was hosting music show at the time. There is currently a $10,000 reward offered to anyone who identifies the shooter.

This is not the first politically motivated attack on KPFT. More than 35 years ago, the Ku Klux Klan blew up the station's transmitters twice within the Houston station's first year on the air.

Also, according to a blogger on Democratic Underground, Thom Hartmann said on his Friday show that his auto repairman, after replacing his windshield, pointed out to him that he had three bullet holes in his car.

Apparently, some right-wing critics of lib talk aren’t happy that conservative talk only accounts for 90% of the programming on talk radio. These whack jobs appear determined to whatever it takes to silence the opposing point of view.

Not surprisingly, the only talk radio host killed for his political views was a liberal. In 1984, two right wing extremists gunned down Denver talk show host Alan Berg. Berg’s tragic murder was memorialized in a chilling movie Talk Radio

Oh, Gee!!
10-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Here's to a speedy recovery

Wild Cobra
10-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Yep, it's gotta be a right winger.

Of course it cannot be someone that just doesn't like her

Or a random attack

She can be such a bitch, why isn't it feasable she pissed of a neighbor?

Nope... Lberals never attack liberals... It has to be a right winger...

Hope she recovers well though. Hate her politics, but not enough to like what happened to her.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Who?

And I'd appreciate a link, x.

johnsmith
10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Clearly Jon Elliot is an idiot that thinks because he's on the radio, the world must revolve around he and his beliefs.

Wonder if he's met Chuck Parker......they'd like eachother.

101A
10-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Turns out she didn't get attacked AT ALL...just fell down walking her dog.

Still, that's Bush's fault.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Was she trying to chew gum at the same time?

What an odd non-story.

Extra Stout
10-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Her dog obviously is part of the VRWC.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Was it a blue or yellow dog?

George Gervin's Afro
10-16-2007, 01:50 PM
A Liberal talk show host gets mugged in NYC and guess
who gets the blame. You guessed it.

Randi Rhodes is the Victim of a Violent Attack

Randi Rhodes was mugged on Sunday night on 39th Street and Park Ave, nearby her Manhattan apartment, while she was walking her dog Simon.

According to Air America Radio late night host Jon Elliott, Rhodes was beaten up pretty badly, losing several teeth and will probably be off the air for at least the rest of the week. At of late Monday night we have not able to locate any press accounts of the attack and nothing has been posted on the AAR website.

Several liberal blogs, including the Randi Rhodes Message Board and Democratic Underground have logged numerous posts on the Rhodes mugging with most of the posters expressing concern about the condition of the popular lib talker.

Morning talk host, Lionel filled in for Rhodes on Monday, but did not say anything about why she wasn’t on hand to do her show. The Randi Rhodes board reports that Sam Seder, who does a Sunday afternoon show for AAR, will be filling on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Elliott was extremely agitated when he reported on the incident. He opened his show by saying "it is with sadness that tonight I inform you that my Air America colleague Randi Rhodes was assaulted last night while walking her dog near her New York City home."

Pointing out that Rhodes was wearing a jogging suit and displayed no purse or jewelry, Elliott speculated that "this does not appear to me to be a standard grab the money and run mugging."

"Is this an attempt by the right wing hate machine to silence one of our own," he asked. "Are we threatening them. Are they afraid that we're winning. Are they trying to silence intimidate us."

Some of blog posters also expressed concerns that the attack on Rhodes was hate crime. Other posters warned that we need more facts before any judgements are made.

According to Elliott, Rhodes was resting in her New York City apartment and was not hospitalized.

Attacks on liberal talk radio stations and their hosts are not a new thing. About a month ago a gunman fired a shot through a window at the studios of KPFT, Houston’s, Pacifica station narrowly missing a DJ who was hosting music show at the time. There is currently a $10,000 reward offered to anyone who identifies the shooter.

This is not the first politically motivated attack on KPFT. More than 35 years ago, the Ku Klux Klan blew up the station's transmitters twice within the Houston station's first year on the air.

Also, according to a blogger on Democratic Underground, Thom Hartmann said on his Friday show that his auto repairman, after replacing his windshield, pointed out to him that he had three bullet holes in his car.

Apparently, some right-wing critics of lib talk aren’t happy that conservative talk only accounts for 90% of the programming on talk radio. These whack jobs appear determined to whatever it takes to silence the opposing point of view.

Not surprisingly, the only talk radio host killed for his political views was a liberal. In 1984, two right wing extremists gunned down Denver talk show host Alan Berg. Berg’s tragic murder was memorialized in a chilling movie Talk Radio

well we all know the talk radio crowd never blames the left for things that are ridiculous.. :rolleyes

xrayzebra
10-16-2007, 02:02 PM
well we all know the talk radio crowd never blames the left for things that are ridiculous.. :rolleyes

GGA really means, circle the wagons boy's. Our left
wing friends got caught again with their mouths open.
And when they open their mouths normally they are
lying.

mookie2001
10-16-2007, 02:10 PM
isnt randi rhodes a veteran?

thats treason

George Gervin's Afro
10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
GGA really means, circle the wagons boy's. Our left
wing friends got caught again with their mouths open.
And when they open their mouths normally they are
lying.

No I mean't what I said. ray you really need to stop listening to your heroes. You are now believeing what you want to believe regardless of what the facts state. The talk radio crowd (xray) blames the left for everything. fact...

Wild Cobra
10-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, I should have know, Air America hosts are always lying when it suits their agenda.

Interesting thing. She was not mugged. It’s just another left wing piece of propaganda against conservatives:

Link:

Air America host Randi Rhodes wasn't mugged (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/10/16/2007-10-16_air_america_host_randi_rhodes_wasnt_mugg.html); Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 4:54 PM. Part of text:

Rhodes' lawyer told the Daily News she was injured in a fall while walking her dog. He said she's not sure what happened, and only knows that she fell down and is in a lot of pain. The lawyer said Rhodes expects to be back on the air Thursday. He stressed there is no indication she was targeted or that she was the victim of a "hate crime."

Oh, Gee!!
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
She needs to fire Jon Elliott

Wild Cobra
10-17-2007, 10:34 AM
She needs to fire Jon Elliott
That's my thought too.

Think Air America would to that? They outright lie all the time.

I don't think Randi has that power. I wonder if she would sue him though?

George Gervin's Afro
10-17-2007, 11:00 AM
That's my thought too.

Think Air America would to that? They outright lie all the time.

I don't think Randi has that power. I wonder if she would sue him though?

Well we can agree on somthing. Talk radio hosts on both sides lie..

(patiently wait for X-ray's response)

dimm-o-craps all lie and hush is the bastion of objectivity and truth...

Oh, Gee!!
10-17-2007, 11:05 AM
way to circle the wagons, gga.