PDA

View Full Version : 20 wins etc. A Dream Continues

Rummpd
12-19-2004, 08:47 AM
While waiting for the is he or is he not debate to settle out - Coming back strong from the Houston fiasco = this seemingly mentally tough Spurs team off to one of best starts ever.

Similar to the NFL - three strong teams right now.

However, of these only one, the Spurs most likely have the sustainable talent and experience to go all the way (although other two very impressive so far).

Pinch me - so far barring 2-3 nights this season is like a dream so far.

Will it continue or become a nightmare in the end?

Here's betting on the former.

MadDoc

RobinsontoDuncan
12-19-2004, 12:07 PM
I predicted the team would be 18-3 but this is still a very, very good start for them

boutons
12-19-2004, 02:13 PM
"seemingly mentally tough Spurs team"

I'm not ready to call them tough, yet. First half vs GSW sucked, all of @NO sucked, Spurs disappeared totally in 1 qtr of each SEA loss, and in the last qtr of @TOR & @HOU games. In the rotation, big holes are Rasho and Brent. Get those two guys to play just at their career avg stats lines, and we've got a real contender.

GoSpurs21
12-20-2004, 12:18 PM
^^^
I kinda think the Spurs are going through what the lakers (during 3peat) did. I mean the real season begins in April, and its kinda hard to get up for teams like NO and GS. The Spurs are just taking time to get into those types of games. The thing to remember is that as long as the Spurs continue to improve their defense they should be ok for the playoffs.

Rummpd
12-20-2004, 06:54 PM
The important thing is that in years past the Spurs lost a lot of these games early - now except for a couple of brain locks = Toronto and Houston = they are sitting exactly where they want to be.

If they whip up on Suns and Wolves next couple of weeks all is really well.

MadDoc

boutons
12-20-2004, 07:26 PM
" brain locks = Toronto and Houston"

2nd qtr of second SEA game was a Spurs giveaway fiasco.

MEM was Manu, Bruce, Rasho not showing up, plus our bench sucked.

So far, the Spurs have beaten themselves in all the losses.

Kori Ellis
12-20-2004, 08:19 PM
If they whip up on Suns and Wolves next couple of weeks all is really well.

I'm really looking forward to the Phoenix matchup. Pop will have to adjust the lineup/rotations quite a bit if he's going to be able to run with them at all.

It will be interesting.

1Parker1
12-20-2004, 11:00 PM
I can't wait for the Phoenix matchup also. It will be interesting to see how Tony's newfound defense will work against Nash :)