PDA

View Full Version : Diss Malone - Go after Mourning

Rummpd
12-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Why not - he wants to win also? Raptors have announced they are most likely to buy out Mournings contract and Mourning has not reported!-

Find a way to assure that is happening. If so = diss Malone. Sign Mourning at same $$ as planning or Malone. Let Mourning rest a while then activate around the all star break.

Mourning as a true center is more what we need anyway and he is a lot easier to like than the Mailthug. Even at 10-15 minutes a game on a low salary brings everything and more that Malone does without moving Tim to center.

He would be a Godsend coming in for Rasho 15-18 minutes a game and with Rose as a back up Spurs all set period.

MadDoc

BronxCowboy
12-19-2004, 09:06 AM
I am as opposed to Malone in SA as anybody, and I have a lot more respect for 'Zo, but really, why sign a guy who may never be able to play another basketball game?

Rummpd
12-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Mourning's problems are not with his kidney by all reports but certainly being on immunosuppressives could make him more susceptable.

Nets just played him way to many minutes. Give him a physical - just aches and pains let it happen if it can financially please.

The downside of Malone is that he could screw up this team as much as help easily. I see Mourning as much more complimentary to current personnel.

MadDoc

RobinsontoDuncan
12-19-2004, 12:06 PM
To be honest either player would fill a large void in the starting line-up, center

2pac
12-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Mourning is done.

Gummi
12-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Why sign a player thatīs done. Heīs going to try to finish this season if he can and then probably retire. Heīs out at the moment and no one knows if heīs able to play at all this season.

At least we know Malone is 100% (according to his people) and would be able to play right away. Mourning is a big ? mark.

mysterious_elf26
12-19-2004, 12:09 PM
I would also go after Mourning than Malone, however, logic says otherwise. The spurs know Malone is interested, so why drop a talented player that is interested to go after a talented player that has never really showed interest in playing for SA. Besides, Mourning pretty much has his heart set in returning to Miami.

ALVAREZ6
12-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Zo is too old, not that Malone isn't but Zo has his bad kidney or whatever.
Zo isn't going to play many years.

Actually, i dont even know what im talknig about.
They're both oldies who should retire.

whottt
12-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Have you guys seen what kind of a whining ass Mourning has been?

No thanks. Mourning can go jump off a cliff.

I have zero interest in seeing that guy on the Spurs.

He's totally screwed the last two franchises he has played for and shown no remorse for it....as soon as they losing started he bailed on them, inspite of how much money he sucked out of them while he was injured.

Mourning has no class...and he's dissed the Admrial before also.

Honestly, I'd rather have Malone. Both are asses but at least Malone is a bargain ass.

Karl Mundt
12-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Yep, he sucked the Heat dry for years only to leave them for a 'contender' when he healed his injuries (and his contract ran out). And then in New Jersey, he got paid a full season for playing 12 games, 'healed' his injuries again, and started pouting because they didnt want to pay him a boatload of money to go sign with a contender.

SequSpur
12-19-2004, 02:15 PM
I would agree with this topic if it wasn't for Mourning not showing gratitude to the Nets for allowing him to get jack and playing time. All dude did was complain about not being on a winner. Dude should be happy he got an oppoetunitie.

BronxCowboy
12-19-2004, 02:30 PM
In defense of Mourning, him complaining about not playing for a winner is the same as Kidd. They both had real opportunities to sign elsewhere, but the Nets convinced them that they could offer them a winning experience, and then after one year blew the team up. I wouldn't be happy. As far as Mourning only playing 12 games last year, the Nets knew that was a possibility when they signed him. But I agree that the Spurs don't need a charity case.

dcole50
12-19-2004, 03:19 PM
malone > zo right now. and i'm not even that anxious to see malone in a spurs jersey.