PDA

View Full Version : Is a Repeat possible?

Smackie Chan
10-16-2007, 09:58 PM
WARNING! your reply may be recorded!

Is a Repeat possible?

Obstructed_View
10-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Why on earth would a repeat be impossible?

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-16-2007, 10:06 PM
No it is not. We killed our chances when we resigned Bonner and signed Udoka and Mahinmi.

smrattler
10-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Possible?

I'm thinking likely right now.

lil'mo
10-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry. Gotta get through the Mighty Bulls from the east first.

Joe Schmoogins
10-16-2007, 10:42 PM
If it is ever going to happen, it's going to happen this year. It is more than possible if we are blessed with good health.

SequSpur
10-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Hell yeah.

T Park
10-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Possible?

Always possible.

Will it happen?

All depends on how healthy they are going into the playoffs.

E20
10-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Repeat possible?
Ugh yeah :rolleyes

When pigs roll around in their own shit. :rolleyes

Oh wait...:oops

Spurs repeat this year for sure.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Not if my boys have anything to say about that!! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant :)

misterx91578
10-16-2007, 11:36 PM
very possible

phyzik
10-17-2007, 12:42 AM
Not if my boys have anything to say about that!! :clap :clap :clap :elephant :elephant :elephant :)

Just like they did last year, right?? :hang

Its all good Dirk, your the comedic relief of Spurstalk. If you cant be proud of your team (which I honestly cant see how you can possibly be) at least you can be proud of that! :drunk

oh I almost forgot

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :downspin: :downspin: :downspin: :clap :clap :clap

..... and what-not :lol

mavs>spurs2
10-17-2007, 12:54 AM
If the Mavs don't choke, there will be no repeat

If the Mavs do choke, the odds are still stacked against them because they will have to go through the Suns, Miami (if healthy), and no one knows what Boston will be like.

phyzik
10-17-2007, 12:57 AM
If the Mavs don't choke, there will be nothing gained

the odds are still stacked against them because they will have to go through the Spurs, and no one knows what Dirks Choke-osity level will be like

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3286/dirksucksss7.jpg

Fixed :angel

T Park
10-17-2007, 01:00 AM
If the Mavs don't choke, there will be no repeat

If the Mavs do choke, the odds are still stacked against them because they will have to go through the Suns, Miami (if healthy), and no one knows what Boston will be like.

How did the Suns improve themselves? Miami as well?

:lol

myopic..

mavs>spurs2
10-17-2007, 01:22 AM
How did the Suns improve themselves? Miami as well?

:lol

myopic..

The Suns didn't really improve, but you'd be a fool to say that there's no chance of them beating the Spurs. I'd say the odds are about 60/40 in the Spurs favor.

As for Miami, they will be tough for any team to beat if Shaq and Wade are healthy around playoff time

mavs>spurs2
10-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Fixed :angel

You can get your panties in a wad all you want, but it's a little homeristic at this point to say that the odds are in the Spurs favor to repeat

It's always going to be hard to repeat, but you also have to factor in the fact that the Suns and Mavs rosters are still intact, Miami could possibly be healthy, and no one knows how good Boston will be.

IMO the Spurs have just as good a chance as any other team at winning it all, but I wouldn't say anyone is the overwhelming favorite at this point. Its only preseason, we have 82 games to go before we start worrying about championships.

cherylsteele
10-17-2007, 01:36 AM
The Spurs can repeat.
Will they repeat? We shall see.
If they stay healthy, they have a great chance, and obviously, if the injury bug hits them then I don't think they can.
It also depends on how things end up after the regular season is over too.

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-17-2007, 02:00 AM
Why on earth would a repeat be impossible?

thank you, though judging by the other posts, it might have been a little soon

atxrocker
10-17-2007, 02:30 AM
have they repeated? fuck no. will they repeat? truly unlikely. spur fan knows all too well that the odds are stacked against them. i'd go out on a limb and say that there is a 20% chance that they repeat. and that is being generous. someone needs to bump this thread around playoff time.

Trainwreck2100
10-17-2007, 02:34 AM
The Suns didn't really improve, but you'd be a fool to say that there's no chance of them beating the Spurs. I'd say the odds are about 60/40 in the Spurs favor.

As for Miami, they will be tough for any team to beat if Shaq and Wade are healthy around playoff time

Who on the Suns will guard Duncan. The Suns win by forcing teams to run and gun. The Spurs are the only team in which the Suns have been incapable of forcing them out of their style.

mystargtr34
10-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Spurs are favourites.

duncan7721
10-17-2007, 05:02 AM
This is the best chance the spurs have had yet to repeat...but a big factor in the suns-spurs series was that foul by Horry and that caused Amare and Diaw to get suspended. They won't pull off that again...the suns learn. But there is still a good chance.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-17-2007, 05:31 AM
HEEEEEELLLLLL YES! This is the year, and I will be there in person to see it.

The only thing that potentially stops us is injuries to the Big Three (knock on wood).

Who's in our way? The Suns don't scare me (Skinner can't guard Duncan!), nor does anyone from the East, which leaves only our divisional rivals in our way. Injury free, we beat either of them too.

THIS IS THE YEAR. I FEEL IT IN MA BONES!

:D

jman3000
10-17-2007, 05:40 AM
i fart on all non-believers

jman3000
10-17-2007, 05:40 AM
with my butt of course.

duncan7721
10-17-2007, 06:18 AM
Glad you confirmed that...i was worried there.

jman3000
10-17-2007, 06:36 AM
im only here to help.

smeagol
10-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Muy posible

Taco
10-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Is a Repeat possible?

YEP
YES
YOU BET YOUR ASS

OUI
JA
ДА
はい

jmard5
10-17-2007, 08:16 AM
It should always be possible.

nkdlunch
10-17-2007, 08:30 AM
I guarantee a repeat or I will shave my head. record that biatch

DISCLAIMER only if no major injuries to Spurs players. Knock on wood

RobinsontoDuncan
10-17-2007, 08:33 AM
possible yes, inevitable...no.

just like every year, there's a certain amount of luck that goes into it

urunobili
10-17-2007, 08:52 AM
i'll tell you in March.. and if they repeat... i am flying to SAT from Uruguay for the parade.. i promise to y'all! GO SPURS! :p:

Oh, Gee!!
10-17-2007, 09:32 AM
possible? yes

probable? yes

book it? yes

Obstructed_View
10-17-2007, 10:04 AM
have they repeated? fuck no. will they repeat? truly unlikely. spur fan knows all too well that the odds are stacked against them. i'd go out on a limb and say that there is a 20% chance that they repeat. and that is being generous. someone needs to bump this thread around playoff time.
Considering how competetive the NBA is and how long the season is, I'd say a 1 in 5 chance is pretty damn good.

lefty
10-17-2007, 11:17 AM
We will repeat

We will repeat

We will repeat

We will repeat

We will repeat

twincam
10-17-2007, 11:35 AM
They (Spurs) are too good not too repeat.

Forget the "age" factor. They have proven to the world that they can win it all!

Throw age out...and toss in health. If they are healthy, they will win it all.

timmy21_4rings
10-17-2007, 01:47 PM
It is quite possible..

This is the team that made 5 straight possible but could not finish (unlucky!!).

zedman
10-17-2007, 02:07 PM
i fart on all non-believers

with my butt of course.

Ohhhh careful now, you'll spread the pink eye doing that!

Re-Animator
10-19-2007, 01:51 AM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Spurs/fade-small-new-good.gif

bull62400
10-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Everytime I hear this question, i think about our history since '03! Ever since the "BIG THREE" (TD,TP,Manu) No one could eliminate us without bumps and bruises and help from up above! In '03, championship! '04 .4 from Fisher! We had this series in the bag until .4 seconds later. '05, championship! '06 I said if the Mavs were to ever beat us, they would beat us in Game 7. I was right. We were one dumb play away from taking it. '07 championship! Since the BIG THREE have been together, we have been a force to be reckoned with. And teams really need to bring ther A-game if they want to beat us. I say, if this becomes the year where we have an early exit with with 1 or no wins, the dynasty is over. But if we are still that force to be reckoned with (the BIG THREE are not that old.) You have to bring everything and leave it all on the court if you want to beat us. Is a repeat possible? ABSOLUTELY!! Will it happen, we will see.

J.T.
10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
I like this Spurs team's repeat chances better than any previous team's. We brought the whole team back. If the Spurs pick up where they left off, playing that well, there is no team that can beat them in a seven game series. The Mavs are the only team standing in our way and I think the 2007 Spurs team that showed up in the playoffs would have pwnd last year's Mavs team. It was almost like a different team.

easjer
10-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Of course it's a possibility. It's also possible that the Memphis Grizzlies could win the championship.

The liklihood of that is very slim, and the liklihood of the Spurs repeating is not the same as the possibility of the Spurs repeating.

On the whole, I like their chances. Returning with a virtually intact roster and good additions, staying healthy and managing minutes during the regular season, and just doing what they do = good odds for the Spurs.

I'm far less concerned about the Mavs/Suns/Rockets/Jazz/Bulls/Heat/Celtics than I am about the fact it's an even year.

ancestron
10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I hate to be a downer but, as much as I want the Spurs to repeat, and think they have a great chance to do so, I see the end of the 2008 season going something like:

game 7 of Western Conference Finals

Manu hits a huge 3 with about 3 seconds left.

Spurs 103, Suns 100....

2.6 seconds left, Suns ball. Inbounds to Nash, dribbles to the top of the key, launches a 3, is fouled by Ginobili, makes the basket, goes to the line, makes it. #4 seeded Suns eliminate #1 seeded 60+ win Spurs in game 7, 104-103.
:S
that would pretty much follow the pattern right?
and then...
San Antonio Spurs 2009 NBA champions.

but now that I have said this, it will not happen and the Spurs will repeat.

coopdogg3
10-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Of course it's a possibility. It's also possible that the Memphis Grizzlies could win the championship.

The liklihood of that is very slim, and the liklihood of the Spurs repeating is not the same as the possibility of the Spurs repeating.

On the whole, I like their chances. Returning with a virtually intact roster and good additions, staying healthy and managing minutes during the regular season, and just doing what they do = good odds for the Spurs.

I'm far less concerned about the Mavs/Suns/Rockets/Jazz/Bulls/Heat/Celtics than I am about the fact it's an even year.

I would take the Heat & the Bulls out of that equation, they should be easy enough for the Spurs to beat. But I would insert the Pistons, they are still a dangerous team. Though if the Bulls pull off a trade for Kobe that could alter a few things.