PDA

View Full Version : Swearing is ****ing good for us

sa_butta
10-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Swearing in the office relieves stress and is good for workers and bosses, according to a new study.

Foul language creates a good team spirit, allows staff to vent frustrations and cements relationships, researchers discovered.

Professor Yehuda Baruch from the University of East Anglia oversaw the survey of around 100 people in Britain and the US.

He said: "Employees use swearing on a continuous basis but not necessarily in a negative, abusive manner."

Women swore more than expected - especially among themselves.

The research found a ban on swearing would be bad for motivation and morale in most firms.

Prof Baruch said: "Swearing is used as a social phenomenon to reflect solidarity and enhance group cohesiveness or as a psychological phenomenon to release stress.

"The primary issue for management is whether or not to apply a tolerant leadership culture to the workplace and deliberately allow swearing."

But the professor warned abusive and offensive swearing caused stress and should be stamped out.

He added: "Managers need to understand how their staff feel about swearing. The challenge is to master the art of knowing when to turn a blind eye."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2556731.html?menu=

What a bunch of fucking bullshit

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Ba duum buum chish!

samikeyp
10-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Fuck yea! :tu

:lol

RashoFan
10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
We swear all the time at work.....the manager says fuck and shit alot...
I think there is some merit to that Bullshit story....look at the Police,Fire,EMS and Military....

peewee's lovechild
10-17-2007, 10:28 AM
I fucking always fucking swear at work.

Shit, I even fucking swear when I fuck.

It's fucking liberating as shit.