PDA

View Full Version : Bush warns of World War III if Iran goes nuclear

George Gervin's Afro
10-17-2007, 11:56 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071017154505.rci3xjja&show_article=1

Bush warns of World War III if Iran goes nuclear

US President George W. Bush said Wednesday that he had warned world leaders they must prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons "if you're interested in avoiding World War III."
"We've got a leader in Iran who has announced that he wants to destroy Israel," Bush said at a White House press conference after Russia cautioned against military action against Tehran's supect atomic program.

"So I've told people that, if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon," said Bush.

Now does W think anyone is going to listen to him now? The dude has zero credibility. We warned you war whores this would happen. Now of course Bush may be telling the truth this time but due to his past history of being wrong no one will give him or his threats a second thought..

oh wait his ilk will sheepishly follow along and criticize anyone who doesn't believe him this time..

This is the classic example of the story about the boy who cried wolf to many times..

Viva Las Espuelas
10-17-2007, 01:55 PM
so this alliance that Iran and Russia has doesn't worry you?

clambake
10-17-2007, 02:03 PM
thanks to W, there's going to be many more "alliance's" breaking out.

xrayzebra
10-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Now does W think anyone is going to listen to him now? The dude has zero credibility. We warned you war whores this would happen. Now of course Bush may be telling the truth this time but due to his past history of being wrong no one will give him or his threats a second thought..

oh wait his ilk will sheepishly follow along and criticize anyone who doesn't believe him this time..

This is the classic example of the story about the boy who cried wolf to many times..

Follow, what a statement. Zero credibility. Kinda tells
everyone how you feel. So why give you anykind of
credibility. He is your Presidnt, whether you like it or
not. He has not been proven wrong. WMD time, I
would guess again........but he hasn't been proven wrong
there. War whores. Now that has got to be a first.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2007, 02:21 PM
He has not been proven wrong. WMD time, I
there.Flip flop much?

xrayzebra
10-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Flip flop much?

I can understand why WC put you on ignore. You add
very little to a conversation. While I wont put you on
ignore, I really don't think I will react to many more of
your post.

clambake
10-17-2007, 02:37 PM
your post.
good. because your prior post was barely coherant

ChumpDumper
10-17-2007, 02:51 PM
your post.Fat chance.

Bush was completely and utterly wrong about WMDs.

DarkReign
10-17-2007, 03:21 PM
thanks to W, there's going to be many more "alliance's" breaking out.

Quite true. Be it by proxy or design, much of the world has only one thing in common, their hate for America.

clambake
10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Quite true. Be it by proxy or design, much of the world has only one thing in common, their hate for America.
the amount of damage that Bush has caused was previously unimaginable. on your worst day you couldn't have believed it would become this bad.

George Gervin's Afro
10-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Follow, what a statement. Zero credibility. Kinda tells
everyone how you feel. So why give you anykind of
credibility. He is your Presidnt, whether you like it or
not. He has not been proven wrong. WMD time, I
there. War whores. Now that has got to be a first.

uh ray so i am supposed to believe with everything he says?

kyleo
10-17-2007, 04:34 PM
so this alliance that Iran and Russia has doesn't worry you?
What? I thought Bush had looked into Putin's eyes and seen his soul?

Russia's reemergence as a less than democratic regime has been on Bush's watch. Putin played him like a violin. And, whenever this administration gets upset about the Kremlin's growing executive power and curtailment of rights (see: Condoleeza Rice), they look like absolute hypocrites on the world stage. We have assisted in the creation of this "alliance," and getting unilaterally huffy about it won't solve anything.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-17-2007, 04:57 PM
What? I thought Bush had looked into Putin's eyes and seen his soul?

Russia's reemergence as a less than democratic regime has been on Bush's watch. Putin played him like a violin. And, whenever this administration gets upset about the Kremlin's growing executive power and curtailment of rights (see: Condoleeza Rice), they look like absolute hypocrites on the world stage. We have assisted in the creation of this "alliance," and getting unilaterally huffy about it won't solve anything.what tangent have you gone off of? GGA is claiming that bush is "crying wolf" and that's why i asked him that question. bush has admitted his faults, so why would you not see bush's strong concern of those two countries being all buddy-buddy now. people may hate bush. i'm not defending him, but we all live in this country. ahma-genocide has said "death to the west" and putin scolded us not to attack Iran.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
bush has admitted his faultsI need a link to something more than "mistakes were made."

clambake
10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
ahma-genocide has said "death to the west" and putin scolded us not to attack Iran.

haven't you heard? Yoni has decided that genocide is an acceptable practice. and this years costume, he'll be wearing Darfur.

ChumpDumper
10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
ahma-genocide has said "death to the west"President of Iran <> President of the United Staes

Aunt Ester
10-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Where have all the salad tossing Bush lovers gone to?

RandomGuy
10-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Aw come on. Anybody who still thinks this administration has any credibility is a partisan hack. Period.

"heckuva job Brownie"

"there are WMD in Iraq"

"ok Iraq occupation planners, here are your awards"

"there is no civil war in Iraq"

"mission accomplished"

"we created jobs"

"Harriet Miers would be a great supreme court justice"

"scooter libby's lies weren't really that bad, here is a pardon."

"we didn't really invade Iraq for WMD, it was really a humanitarian mission."

"we don't torture"

"ok, we do torture, but it isn't that bad."

"who knew we needed warrants?"

"I'm for small government."

"our troops will be home by christmas"

Puh-lease.

George Gervin's Afro
10-21-2007, 04:44 PM

I was wrong.There is one other person with even less credibility with bush.

Cheney: 'We Will Not Allow Iran to Have a Nuclear Weapon'
Sunday, October 21, 2007

LEESBURG, Va. — The United States and other nations will not allow Iran to obtain a nuclear weapon, U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday.

"Our country, and the entire international community, cannot stand by as a terror-supporting state fulfills its grandest ambitions," Cheney said in a speech to the Washington Institute for Near East Studies.

He said Iran's efforts to pursue technology that would allow it to build a nuclear weapon are obvious and that "the regime continues to practice delay and deceit in an obvious effort to buy time."

If Iran continues on its current course, Cheney said the U.S. and other nations are prepared to take action. The vice president made no specific reference to military action.

"We will not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon," he said.

The U.S. and some allies accuse Iran of secretly trying to develop nuclear weapons and have demanded it halt uranium enrichment, an important step in the production of atomic weapons. Oil-rich Iran says its program is for peaceful purposes including generating electricity.

At a news conference Wednesday, President George W. Bush suggested that if Iran obtained nuclear weapons, it could lead to a new world war.

"I've told people that if you're interested in avoiding World War III, it seems like you ought to be interested in preventing them (Iran) from having the knowledge necessary to make a nuclear weapon," Bush said.

Bush's spokeswoman later said the president was not making any war plans but rather "a rhetorical point."

Yonivore
10-21-2007, 05:36 PM
I was wrong.
I think you could pretty much start any post with that phrase, George.