PDA

View Full Version : 100th David Robinson autograph

alamo50
10-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Waddup y'all,

Some of y'all know I am one of the biggest D-Rob fans around and got a nice lil' ol' D-Rob museum over here in The Netherlands. I started collecting D-Rob memorabilia a long time ago and today marks the date that I added the 100th autograph of The Admiral to my collection. Although I was blessed to meet and talk to Mr. Robinson several times over the past years, I never asked him for an autograph myself.

95% are on cards that I got from eBay (all authentic), but my most cherrished ones are the following:

- personalized signature on a poster that I got as a gift from the Carver Academy

- personaly signed invitation to the Retirement Gala,

- #50 jersey that Tony Parker Sr. got signed for me during the 2002-2003 regular season and I wore to all the games of the 2003 playoffs.

- one in the 1999 championship book together with Timmy that a friend for life got for me in San Francisco where it all realy started for me being able to get up close and personal with the entire Spurs experience.

Ya don't care? Than why the heck you reading this far?
The ones that do care; thanks for letting me share this with you: the best fans in the world.

GO SPURS GO!!!

Original Banner
10-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Pics?

J.T.
10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
That's some pretty cool stuff you have. I have Ginobili's autograph on a jersey I got signed at one of the games last season, but that's all. As a bonus Yahoo snapped a pic of him singing my jersey and put it in his photo gallery so I got my 15 minutes of internet fame out of it.

Joe Schmoogins
10-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Thats awesome. I'm a big collector of Drob cards myself.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Alamo - how can I get to tour the Carver Academy with David next time I go over? I tried to contact them in all sorts of ways but they wouldn't return my emails or calls. I explained my story, coming all the way from Australia etc. What's your secret?

duncan228
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm happy for you alamo50.
It's wonderful that you can continue to add cherished mementos to your already impressive museum.
Enjoy your autographs, relish your admiration for a player the likes of which come around all too seldom.

Dex
10-17-2007, 08:42 PM
That's pretty awesome.

Being San Antonio born-and-bred, David Robinson was probably the first face or person I recognized as 'famous'. Well, him and Roger Rabbit.

I remember knowing his face even before I knew much about the Spurs, or even caring about basketball.

It was a complete privilege to watch him go out in style, easily my favorite Spurs moment. And all Spurs fans owe David a small debt for not only holding down this fort for a century, but also for mentoring Timmy the right way. If Tim doesn't come into that environment with DRob, we likely don't get him for these 10-odd years.

Kudos to the monstrous collection. If I had a badass collection of anything, that's definitely one way I would like to go.

barbacoataco
10-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Most of the Autos on Ebay are fake--- just something to consider. There are two types of Autographs: the ones you got in the person, and the ones you didn't. Only the first type are guaranteed genuine. I have collected for many years and I'm here to say that most Sports Autos in circulation are fake, even the ones that look real good. The FBI actually did research on this a few years ago and estimated that over 70% of all sports Autos are fake, even with respected dealers. Anyway, as long as you enjoy -- it doesn't really matter.

mystargtr34
10-18-2007, 12:00 AM
hahaa 'as long as you enjoy it it doesnt really matter'

Big P
10-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Most of the Autos on Ebay are fake--- just something to consider. There are two types of Autographs: the ones you got in the person, and the ones you didn't. Only the first type are guaranteed genuine. I have collected for many years and I'm here to say that most Sports Autos in circulation are fake, even the ones that look real good. The FBI actually did research on this a few years ago and estimated that over 70% of all sports Autos are fake, even with respected dealers. Anyway, as long as you enjoy -- it doesn't really matter.

You dont know what you are tallking about...IF the card is certified form Upper Deck or PSA or some other sport card company, then it is a certified auto of that player..most athletes have contracts with various card companies and make alot of money from that..Jordan & Upper Deck come to mind..if you are talking about the average joe ebay seller saying " I got this Duncan card signed at a game", with no proof of signature or anything, then yes most of them are fake..but those are not "most of the autos on Ebay"..most of the autos on Ebay are from a reputable company & certified to be authentic.

jaffies
10-18-2007, 12:37 AM
NICE. :fro

I've always wanted to start a Spurs signature/memorabilia collection.

So far I've got a Sean Elliott pic signed at a McAllen taco cabana in 1992. *Which I lost in a game of 21 (basketball '21', not blackjack)l*
and a free t-shirt from a spurs basketball camp that was signed by Avery Johnson in 1991. *which was washed away when I accidentally put it in the washer with the 'regular' whites*

barbacoataco
10-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Most of the Autos on Ebay are not certified by Upper Deck or PSA. Also, just because PSA certifies something means nothing, only that the autograph is genuine or a very good forgery. Now if an athlete has a contract with a compay like Upper Deck, that is different. Also, basketball cards that are autograph inserts put out by Topps or other card companies are also witnessed to be genuine. But don't say that I "don't know what I'm talking about" in terms of most Sports Autos being fake. I stand by that statement, and people in the industry know it to be true.

urunobili
10-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Waddup y'all,

Some of y'all know I am one of the biggest D-Rob fans around and got a nice lil' ol' D-Rob museum over here in The Netherlands. I started collecting D-Rob memorabilia a long time ago and today marks the date that I added the 100th autograph of The Admiral to my collection. Although I was blessed to meet and talk to Mr. Robinson several times over the past years, I never asked him for an autograph myself.

95% are on cards that I got from eBay (all authentic), but my most cherrished ones are the following:

- personalized signature on a poster that I got as a gift from the Carver Academy

- personaly signed invitation to the Retirement Gala,

- #50 jersey that Tony Parker Sr. got signed for me during the 2002-2003 regular season and I wore to all the games of the 2003 playoffs.

- one in the 1999 championship book together with Timmy that a friend for life got for me in San Francisco where it all realy started for me being able to get up close and personal with the entire Spurs experience.

Ya don't care? Than why the heck you reading this far?
The ones that do care; thanks for letting me share this with you: the best fans in the world.

GO SPURS GO!!!

man that is awesome! i am a spurs fan because of him.. if you ever come to south america let me know and i'll show you around
:blah

samikeyp
10-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Just 100? :lol

Seriously bro...well done.

If anyone has not met Alamo50, you should....arguably the best Spurs fan ever. :tu

Spurs Brazil
10-18-2007, 02:06 PM
That's great Alamo50

remingtonbo2001
10-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Glad to hear. I content with my 2 :lol