PDA

View Full Version : Lust, Caution

Ray Combs
10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
anybody seen this film? i have and i think it's incredible. it's directed by Ang Lee and it's in Chinese.

while it's rated NC-17, nothing is hardcore in it. the sex isn't gratuitous, and there really isn't that much of it, and it basically got it's NC-17 rating because some of the positions are "non-traditional" and you see pubic hair. no dick shots or anything like that.

anyways, it's not for everyone, but if you're into Ang Lee's work or you like good arthouse cinema, try finding this film. it might be tough due to the rating, but it's worth it IMO.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/lustcaution/trailer/

peewee's lovechild
10-17-2007, 08:27 PM
I saw the trailer for it when I went to see Eastern Promises.

It looked bad ass.

Are they showing it here in San Antonio, or is it one of those select city things.

CuckingFunt
10-17-2007, 08:29 PM
It's not playing anywhere here, yet, but hopefully it will at some point. I don't want to have to settle for an edited Blockbuster version.

peewee's lovechild
10-17-2007, 08:33 PM
It's not playing anywhere here, yet, but hopefully it will at some point. I don't want to have to settle for an edited Blockbuster version.

Neither do I.

I wonder where Ray Combs saw this.
(that sounds funny as shit)

Ray Combs
10-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Neither do I.

I wonder where Ray Combs saw this.
(that sounds funny as shit)
It's playing in 1 theater in Austin. I don't know if it's in San Antonio, but your best bet would be checking with any arthouse theater there. That NC-17 is the kiss of death tho, hardly any theaters have the balls to show an NC-17 film.

Ray Combs
10-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah I really applauded Ang Lee for refusing to sacrifice his movie for an R rating. He'll probably have to edit it for Blockbuster tho.

It's really stupid that Blockbuster won't carry NC-17 but then they'll carry "Unrated" which is basically NC-17 movies that don't want to have a rating (unless it's some stupid American Pie type comedy, in which case unrated is just a marketing ploy).