PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker is the Best Player in the NBA

Pages : [1] 2

SequSpur
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
and he is getting ready to KICK AZZ and take NAMES!!!!!!!!!

All of you Fag Nash Fans can lick some sack, cuz it's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This season is going to be bad azz and Parker is going to be rubbin them nuts all of over your teams faces in the paint. You might even get a sniff of Eva....

Spurs #5.

:fro

ShoogarBear
10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
In solidarity with the Spurs retiring Y'all Ready For This?, everyone should vow to come up with some new schtick.

yourcheatinheart
10-17-2007, 07:24 PM

This season is going to be bad azz and Parker is going to be rubbin them nuts all of over your teams faces in the paint. You might even get a sniff of Eva....

Spurs #5.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/muvi-827fef3b33.gif

Hemotivo
10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1077/548102056_8ad0ab1d42_o.jpg
:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-17-2007, 07:28 PM
:lol Hemotivo your sig gets me every time. :)

Hemotivo
10-17-2007, 07:37 PM
:lol Hemotivo your sig gets me every time. :)
It takes 5ive :lol

RC's Boss
10-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Best ever is the correct term :toast

duncan228
10-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Go Sequ, Go Sequ!
Your Parker threads are earlier than ever this season. You must be stoked.

HJNTX
10-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Tony Parker is one of the best point guards in the game, but I would not say "he's the best." That's stretching it a bit.

Texas_Ranger
10-17-2007, 10:56 PM
^^Agree.

mystargtr34
10-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Tony is a mediocre 2 guard trapped in a point guards body

mystargtr34
10-17-2007, 11:27 PM
;)

LauDauns
10-18-2007, 06:04 AM
hehe~!
Ditto here~!
I support your point of view 。
dvd to ipod touch (http://www.dvdtoipodtouch.us)
dvd to itouch (http://www.dvdtoipodtouch.us)

urunobili
10-18-2007, 07:30 AM

Spurs #5.

he sure grew a lot... but buddy... next to Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili... it doesn;t matter if he actually is the best player.. won;t be recognized as such... will always be remembered as part of the big three... suck it... :devil

We born to be bad
10-18-2007, 07:32 AM

Spurs #5.

:lmao

Don't blaspheme! Steve could kill Tony whatever way he wants. Nash is different from a lot of players because he's always playing, making play his teammates, always moving.
He's a real MVP!!! :p: Suns fans let's go to be wild! :lol

stéphane
10-18-2007, 07:51 AM

Don't blaspheme! Steve could kill Tony whatever way he wants. Nash is different from a lot of players because he's always playing on the offensive end, making play his teammates, always moving.

fixed

SequSpur
10-18-2007, 08:03 AM

Don't blaspheme! Steve could kill Tony whatever way he wants. Nash is different from a lot of players because he's always playing, making play his teammates, always moving.

yeah you're right.. they don't compare.. tony has three rings, a finals mvp and nash has umm... umm.... a regular season win?

spursfan09
10-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I bet Nash would trade carreers with TP in a heartbeat.

bdictjames
10-18-2007, 11:08 AM
He's not even the best player in the team.

Oh wait, I should not have taken SequSpur seriously. :oops

lefty
10-18-2007, 11:21 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1077/548102056_8ad0ab1d42_o.jpg

You have a great sig.

Hemotivo
10-18-2007, 01:07 PM
thanks lefty!

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 01:30 PM
I'd put Tony Parker at seventh behind:

Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chris paul
Baron Davis
Chauncy Billups
Gilbert Arenas

And its a pretty big dropoff after those six.

MavericksDynasty
10-18-2007, 01:45 PM

Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chris paul
Baron Davis
Chauncy Billups
Gilbert Arenas

The Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings. Thank Jesus for the Suns, they're saving basketball, and Mike D'Antoni is saving the mustache. Brad Davis would've suffocated Steve Nash to death with his mullet.

smeagol
10-18-2007, 02:41 PM
sequ should be friends with ducks.

They both hang from TP's nuts

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 03:02 PM
The Spurs are boring and the Suns get good ratings. Thank Jesus for the Suns, they're saving basketball, and Mike D'Antoni is saving the mustache. Brad Davis would've suffocated Steve Nash to death with his mullet.

Are you FinDog or are you just as bad a poster as he is?

Im guessing you are him.

Findog
10-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Are you FinDog or are you just as bad a poster as he is?

Im guessing you are him.

Hey, don't follow me from thread to thread like some obsessed little bitch. Your only purpose here is to troll. You might want to get some new material, as even "The Suns are saving basketball" is getting boring.

yourcheatinheart
10-19-2007, 01:13 AM

is brad davis even relevent in nba history??? that would be a huge fucking NO!!

yourcheatinheart
10-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey, don't follow me from thread to thread like some obsessed little bitch. Your only purpose here is to troll. You might want to get some new material, as even "The Suns are saving basketball" is getting boring.

how's this one, FUCK THE MAVERICKS.http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/consciouschokingadultstep1_L.jpg

duncan7721
10-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Hey mav fan... :wrongf

SequSpur
11-23-2007, 09:38 PM
:toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey mav fan... :wrongf
Elaborate?

SpurOutofTownFan
11-23-2007, 09:47 PM
What a homer.

Vingianx
11-24-2007, 03:44 AM
bitter sun fans

gamuza
11-24-2007, 01:26 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

not even close :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

not even in his mom dreams :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Spurs #5.

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-24-2007, 04:31 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

not even close :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

not even in his mom dreams :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:dramaquee :troll

bigzak25
11-24-2007, 04:47 PM
when tony leads this team past the mavericks in the playoffs?
i'll crown his ass and admit that he was what you thought he was.

TheAuthority
11-24-2007, 07:43 PM

Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Chris paul
Baron Davis
Chauncy Billups
Gilbert Arenas

How many of those on that list can guard him?

A: 0

How many can he guard?

A: At least half.

Cry Havoc
11-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Parker has quietly become one of the best PGs in the NBA. He's often lost in the shuffle because he doesn't have incredible passing skills, although they are quite good.

He's probably the best fit for the Spurs because we need his penetration.

Right now, I'd take Kidd as the league's best PG. Then give me Tony, then Deron, Paul (though I need to see him play more), and then Nash.

You cannot be considered the best at your position if you're a liability on one end.

BeerIsGood!
11-24-2007, 09:29 PM

Parker isn't the problem against the Mavs. Lack of rebounding is mostly the problem.

ducks
11-24-2007, 10:53 PM
what happens if spurs do not play mavs in postseason due to them choking in first round again?

ducks
11-24-2007, 10:54 PM
the problem against mavs is that they have a fellow called howard
also aj knows pop moves to much
hopeully spurs fa signing can help against mavs

tp holds his own against nash

SequSpur
11-25-2007, 01:14 AM
the problem against mavs is that they have a fellow called howard
also aj knows pop moves to much
hopeully spurs fa signing can help against mavs

tp holds his own against nash

your frickin hopless. I hope your get some social security for being such a dumb ass. You should at least apply.

bigfundamental21
11-25-2007, 09:16 AM
I agree that Tony is kicking azz and taking names right now. He definitely should be Player of the Week if not player of the month at least. As for MVP... it's a long season. Tony has improved each year. He is deserving of more recognition than he gets and should make the All-Star team again this year.

SpurOutofTownFan
11-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Omg!!!

chasky
11-25-2007, 02:09 PM
In this season manu is the best spur by far, but tony it's a great player, but at the end this is the team of Tim Duncan.

In close games the spurs are of manu and TD.

stéphane
11-25-2007, 02:16 PM
TP player of the week ok
But Manu is the best Spur so far this season...

SequSpur
11-25-2007, 02:29 PM
TP player of the week ok
But Manu is the best Spur so far this season...

you're high.

da_suns_fan__
11-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Parker has quietly become one of the best PGs in the NBA. He's often lost in the shuffle because he doesn't have incredible passing skills, although they are quite good.

He's probably the best fit for the Spurs because we need his penetration.

Right now, I'd take Kidd as the league's best PG. Then give me Tony, then Deron, Paul (though I need to see him play more), and then Nash.

You cannot be considered the best at your position if you're a liability on one end.

Don't hate because everyone loves Nash so much.

Parker is turnover prone and doesn't do much besides score. He's a poor man's Kevin Johnson.

SequSpur
11-25-2007, 02:49 PM

Parker is turnover prone and doesn't do much besides score. He's a poor man's Kevin Johnson.

Yeah with 3 rings, A finals MVP and your Mom licking off his nut butter after each game.

Findog
11-25-2007, 02:54 PM

I am surprisingly in agreement with dsf. WTF?

spursfan09
11-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Tony Parker has the career that Nash can only dream about.

da_suns_fan__
11-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Tony Parker has the career that Nash can only dream about.

Yes...winning two NBA Most Valuable player awards and a certain HOF induction doesn't compare to marrying a television celebrity.

Condemned 2 HelLA
11-25-2007, 03:08 PM
Yes...winning two NBA Most Valuable player awards and a certain HOF induction doesn't compare to marrying a television celebrity.

The Spurs have players on their team who have done one or the other.
Turns out they've won championships along the way on top of that.

spursfan09
11-25-2007, 03:10 PM

Well if Nash only cares about individual achievements, and not winning championships like Parker has, then I guess he's with the right team.

ShoogarBear
11-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Yes...winning two NBA Most Valuable player awards and a certain HOF induction doesn't compare to marrying a television celebrity.Eva's ratings >>> Nash's

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Eva's ratings >>> Nash's

PWNED

anakha
11-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Parker is turnover prone

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Turnovers.jsp?league=00&season=22007&conf=west&position=5&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

Self-ownage... ain't it grand?

SequSpur
11-25-2007, 11:51 PM
oh hell no....

batboy
11-26-2007, 02:04 AM
http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Turnovers.jsp?league=00&season=22007&conf=west&position=5&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All%20Teams

DSF, while reflecting on how utterly pwnt you are, notice that all of these people are point guards or otherwise primary ball handlers for their teams. Go figure they would have more turnovers. Too bad Parker is at 19 and Nash at 1 though...

LOL

travis2
11-26-2007, 07:57 AM

:lmao:lmao

Cry Havoc
11-26-2007, 10:12 AM

Holy mother of ownage.

I can't help but notice Parker's 3.17 ast/TO ratio compares to Nash's 2.67.

Hey Findog. How 'bout that? Still agree with DSF?

Thought not. Serves you right for going with a troll out of blind Parker hate.

I will admit this though: Parker IS a lot more turnover prone than the players Nash tries to guard.

ancestron
11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
3 Championship rings + Finals MVP > 2 Reg. Season MVP awards.

da_suns_fan__
11-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Holy mother of ownage.

I will admit this though: Parker IS a lot more turnover prone than the players Nash tries to guard.

As you can see, last year Parker was 34th amongst POINT GUARDS in assist to turnover ratio.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaassists&league=nba&split=0&sort=astto&avg=pg&qual=true&season=2007&seasontype=2&pos=pg

Yes, he is turnover prone. He seems to be doing better this year (haven't seen too many games) but he'll probably pass his way back to the bottom by season's end.

telecomguy
11-26-2007, 01:48 PM
As you can see, last year Parker was 34th amongst POINT GUARDS in assist to turnover ratio.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaassists&league=nba&split=0&sort=astto&avg=pg&qual=true&season=2007&seasontype=2&pos=pg

Yes, he is turnover prone. He seems to be doing better this year (haven't seen too many games) but he'll probably pass his way back to the bottom by season's end.

I hope not. One of the reasons why Spurs are winning very consistently right now is that our turnovers have been quite good unlike in the past. If Parker doesn't force things and blindly jump into the paint, and protect the ball to reset, we could have a very good year this year because we have more weapons, TD & Manu are healthy, TP has improved even more, and have more depth all around.

I think this is the best chance for repeat (and perhaps the Spurs players are also sensing this?) and Spurs are sending a clear message to the rest of the league that they are not too old and that they are ready for a repeat.

I also think SPurs are going to try to secure the no. 1 seeding and despite Pop and players to poo-poo the importance of coming in first overall, I think it's important to secure home-court advantage throughout the playoffs because history has shown that homecourt does give a team an advantage no matter which way you look at it. As long as TD, Manu & TP do not have to play 40+ minutes a game to achieve the no. 1 seed, it IS important to go for the top record in my opinion and I am sure Pop & the playres also believes this deep down even if he is not willing to admit it in public.

Cry Havoc
11-26-2007, 02:06 PM

Wow, you actually made a post with substance!!! :clap :clap :clap

Applause all around.

The idea here is that Nash is 1st in TOs this season and you refer to Parker as "turnover prone". Tony's game has developed by leaps and bounds compared to this time last year. He's much more patient and doesn't seek to go bailing into the lane as frequently.

This would have been a valid criticism of Tony in the past, but he's developing. He's only 25 and is among the elite PGs in the NBA. He already plays better defense than Nash ever has, and his scoring skills are arguably comparable. I will take his average to above average passing and solid defense over Nash's stellar passing and matador defense any day.

Freeze
11-26-2007, 02:15 PM

Nash's stats :
2002-2003 : 2.3 TO
2003-2004 : 2.7 TO
2004-2005 : 3.3 TO
2005-2006 : 3.5 TO
2006-2007 : 3.8 TO
2007-2008 : 4.2 TO

nice improvement :clap

da_suns_fan__
11-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Wow, you actually made a post with substance!!! :clap :clap :clap

Applause all around.

The idea here is that Nash is 1st in TOs this season and you refer to Parker as "turnover prone". Tony's game has developed by leaps and bounds compared to this time last year. He's much more patient and doesn't seek to go bailing into the lane as frequently.

This would have been a valid criticism of Tony in the past, but he's developing. He's only 25 and is among the elite PGs in the NBA. He already plays better defense than Nash ever has, and his scoring skills are arguably comparable. I will take his average to above average passing and solid defense over Nash's stellar passing and matador defense any day.

This is called Cherry picking data. You want to use the first 13 games of this year but want to throw out the rest of his (Parker's) career.

btw - Parker plays good defense? Since when? The last game I saw Parker he was being owned by Devin Harris.

He doesn't get a lot of steals or blocks.

He doesn't draw a lot of charges:

http://www.82games.com/charges0607.htm

So the man he's guarding scores a lot, he doesn't get any steals or blocks or charges but he's a good defender?

Bad defender. TURNOVER PRONE. Low assists. Poor jump shooter. Poor free throw shooter (for a guard).

Pretty one dimensional if you ask me.

Findog
11-26-2007, 02:29 PM

That Parker is overrated? Uh, yes. I don't care that he looked like a Hall of Famer against Cleveland. Very good player, borderline All-Star. But like anybody that plays with Duncan, the Big Fundamental makes him look better than he probably he is.

I didn't say he was "worse" than Nash. DSF is carrying that argument on his own. In fact, I find that a difficult question to answer:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2085233&postcount=32

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Nash's stats :

nice improvement :clap

Nice find. Add to that, Nash can't guard anyone and we have a changing of the guard. Tony's got a lot of ceiling and at 25 Nash couldn't hold Tony's jock strap. It's conceivable and probable that if Tony continues his present growth and development that he too will one day be in the HOF. But it's early, right now this is Tim's team, this year Manu has been the best player on the Spurs, but Tony is our ace and our assassin with the altar boy looks.

dasunsfan give it up. You've been weighed, measured and found lacking. Face it you're over matched. Thanks for playing though.

spursfan09
11-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Tony is not overrated. And he is not a "borderline" all star. He played in the past 2 all star games and should make it this year. And so what if the only time he looked like a "HOF" was during the finals. Great players step up in the clutch time, unlike somebody else who comes to mind.

Findog
11-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Tony is not overrated. And he is not a "borderline" all star. He played in the past 2 all star games and should make it this year. And so what if the only time he looked like a "HOF" was during the finals. Great players step up in the clutch time, unlike somebody else who comes to mind.

30 out of 30 GMs would take Dirk over Parker. Tony Parker didn't take that team to a Finals, Duncan did. Parker is one of the best "Robins" in the League. Until he gets a team of his own into the Finals, then it isn't useful to compare him to a "Batman."

batboy
11-26-2007, 02:56 PM
He doesn't get a lot of steals or blocks.

He doesn't draw a lot of charges:

http://www.82games.com/charges0607.htm

So the man he's guarding scores a lot, he doesn't get any steals or blocks or charges but he's a good defender?

Drawn charges LOL. Duncan and Bowen aren't on the list either, they must be poor defenders. Nash is 6th. Let's just throw out everything we know about defense from actually watching games then and give this worthless stat some weight.

Blocks? Also completely overrated and ROFL for criticizing a point for low blocks.

The most important defensive skill is rotating properly on the pick and roll and Parker is part of the league's best defensive scheme against it. If you want to "cherry-pick" one man-to-man assignment that gives him fits (Devin Harris), touche then, that entire team gives us fits though and Harris can't guard Parker either. You only wish Barbosa was as good as either of them.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-26-2007, 02:59 PM

Let the doubting Thomas' and the non-believers keep hating on Tony. Wait till the playoffs when he keeps putting daggers in their favorite team and kills any small chance they may have had of advancing. I love it when certain fans who shall remain nameless, but they bitch, whine and cry like little girls realize their seasons are prematurely over because they couldn't get past the Spurs. Again.

btw wait till he gets a consistant 3 point shot. unstoppable. No reason to think he won't. Ever facet of his game has improved since he first came into the league.

spursfan09
11-26-2007, 03:04 PM
30 out of 30 GMs would take Dirk over Parker. Tony Parker didn't take that team to a Finals, Duncan did. Parker is one of the best "Robins" in the League. Until he gets a team of his own into the Finals, then it isn't useful to compare him to a "Batman."

Yeah the logical chose would be to pick Dirk. To bad he can't do anything once he takes his team anywhere. What a great "batman" Dirk is. :rolleyes

Cry Havoc
11-26-2007, 03:06 PM
This is called Cherry picking data. You want to use the first 13 games of this year but want to throw out the rest of his (Parker's) career.

[Parker] doesn't draw a lot of charges

703 Spurz
11-26-2007, 04:15 PM

Hey look kids, it's a troll!

Ooooooooooooooooooooo

RC's Boss
11-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Tony Parker>Kevin Johnson

ShoogarBear
11-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Nash's stats :

nice improvement :clap:rollin This just keeps getting better and better.

batboy
11-26-2007, 04:33 PM

NOW you've gone and done it, you've ordered up one of Phoenix's sacred cows. I don't know if I can watch the fallout.

Dex
11-26-2007, 04:39 PM
At least Tony can take a hit without getting all pissy.

ChumpDumper
11-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Did a sunfan just call out a 6'2" player for not getting a lot of blocks?

If you want to get bitchy....

Blocks per game 2007-08

Tony Parker: 0.2

Steve Nash: 0.1

Tony is twice the shot blocker the taller Steve Nash is.

da_suns_fan__
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Did a sunfan just call out a 6'2" player for not getting a lot of blocks?

If you want to get bitchy....

Blocks per game 2007-08

Tony Parker: 0.2

Steve Nash: 0.1

Tony is twice the shot blocker the taller Steve Nash is.

Look at all the Spurs fans avoid the issue.

I say Parker doesn't get any steals, charges, or blocks so he can't be that great of a defender.

All Spurs fans have to say is laugh that I brought up blocks.

My point is that Parker performs poorly in every defensive category that we measure.

What about steals or charges? Should point guards not worry about that either?

Not to mention the fact that he gets lit up by every point guard in the league.

da_suns_fan__
11-26-2007, 05:27 PM

:rolleyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EGMSETJUks

Findog
11-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah the logical chose would be to pick Dirk. To bad he can't do anything once he takes his team anywhere. What a great "batman" Dirk is. :rolleyes

If you want to compare Tony Parker to Dirk, be my guest. If you were the lone GM to take Parker over Dirk, I wouldn't hire you.

The list of active players to "lead" a team to a title is pretty short: Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Wade, Chauncey. The list of of active players to "lead" a team to a Finals appearance is not much longer: Kidd, Iverson, LeBron, Dirk. Am I missing anybody? Yeah, what a horrible spare Dirk is.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-26-2007, 05:32 PM

I say Parker doesn't get any steals, charges, or blocks so he can't be that great of a defender.

My point is that Parker performs poorly in every defensive category that we measure.

Provide a credible link, otherwise you're full of shit. Like always.

romain.star
11-26-2007, 05:34 PM

ok so according to you, a good defender "get steals, charges, blocks"...

- Bowen : 0.6 steal per game, 0.2 block per game

Sorry..... i just don't see your point here

da_suns_fan__
11-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Provide a credible link, otherwise you're full of shit. Like always.

A link? To Parker's statistics?

HERE YA GO!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?statsId=3527

Hardly the dominant defender.

da_suns_fan__
11-26-2007, 05:39 PM
ok so according to you, a good defender "get steals, charges, blocks"...

- Bowen : 0.6 steal per game, 0.2 block per game

Sorry..... i just don't see your point here

Very true, but Bowen is more concerened with simply shutting down his individual man.

Does Parker shut down his man?

Ask Devin Harris. Or any other point guard in the league, for that matter.

romain.star
11-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Very true, but Bowen is more concerened with simply shutting down his individual man.

well, get over the Dallas game... Parker had a bad game, it happens... no big deal...

And yes, i think Parker can shut down his man too.
For a few seasons now, he has dramatically improved his defense.
He is not a beast and will never make the all defensive team but he's doing his job more than correctly

bdictjames
11-26-2007, 05:50 PM
LOL

Da Suns fan is getting pissed off

He knows he's right, but them Spurs fans just keep on bringing some good evidence. :lol

ShoogarBear
11-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Eva's ratings >>> Nash's

ChumpDumper
11-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I brought up blocks.

timvp
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Please tell I'm not reading a Sun Fan critique defensive play.

Freeze
11-26-2007, 06:34 PM

Yes he does :
Denver series last playoff, Parker was on Iverson :
=> Iverson down from 45.4% FG's during regular season with Denver to 36.8%
=> down from 7.2 assist to 5.8
=> down from 9.1 FT's attempt to 6.2
=> down from 2.5 stl to 1.4

Suns series, Parker was on Barbosa (most of the time) :
=> Barbosa down from 47.6% FG's to 35.5%
=> Barbosa down from 18.1 ppg to 11.3
=> Barbosa down from 4 apg to 2.5
=> Barbosa up from 1.8 TO to 2.33

Gameplan vs Utah and Cleveland haven't assigned a particular player to
Parker so I can't argue more, but in everyway, fact is that his defense is
very underrated, and that you've been... :owned

romain.star
11-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Yes he does :

thanx brave boy !!
I was too lazy to find those numbers...

Dex
11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Please tell I'm not reading a Sun Fan critique defensive play.

It at least explains why he's not doing a very good job of it.

Apparently 'shutting down your man' has nothing to do with defense. It's all about the boxscore, baby.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-26-2007, 07:24 PM
A link? To Parker's statistics?

HERE YA GO!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?statsId=3527

Hardly the dominant defender.

Yeah, thanks for the link, but it doesn't tell me anything we didn't already know. Back at ya!

TOP 10 OVERALL
PLAYER DCS
Tim Duncan 65.6
Bruce Bowen 61.5
Manu Ginobili 60.4
Joel Przybilla 55.6
Devin Harris 54.0
Kevin Garnett 52.2
Yao Ming 50.1
Tony Parker 47.5
Tyrus Thomas 47.4
Luol Deng 45.9

Revised Defensive Composite Score 2006-2007 (http://82games.com/nichols2.htm)

anakha
11-26-2007, 07:31 PM

So by that logic, Bowen is a bad defender as well? Really digging a hole for yourself with that argument.

Bad defender. TURNOVER PRONE. Low assists. Poor jump shooter. Poor free throw shooter (for a guard).

Pretty one dimensional if you ask me.

Says the Nash fan. :lmao

da_suns_fan__
11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes he does :

LMAO! Nice try dumbass. You couldn't go with Parker locking down Nash so you went with Barbosa (a bench player).

Thats great. I think Brent Barry had a shitty series so Nash is a lockdown defender. So did Horry....Amare deserves DPOY.

How did Parker do against Nash? Deron Williams?

Holy shit! Deron Williams averaged 29.5 points and 9.2 assists against Parker?!!!

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2007/series/series_w3s3.html

I didn't know he got lit up that bad.

I think that pretty much ends this argument. I still can't believe you used Barbosa's number. Pathetic.

da_suns_fan__
11-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Yeah, thanks for the link, but it doesn't tell me anything we didn't already know. Back at ya!

TOP 10 OVERALL
PLAYER DCS
Tim Duncan 65.6
Bruce Bowen 61.5
Manu Ginobili 60.4
Joel Przybilla 55.6
Devin Harris 54.0
Kevin Garnett 52.2
Yao Ming 50.1
Tony Parker 47.5
Tyrus Thomas 47.4
Luol Deng 45.9

Revised Defensive Composite Score 2006-2007 (http://82games.com/nichols2.htm)

Never seen this stat before....Interesting that the Spurs supposedly have the best three defenders in the leauge.

Yao Ming is a great defender?

Also, 82 games determined that Marion was the DPOY last year, only he doesn't appear anywhere on this guy's list.

He says in his opening paragraph that its a work in progress.....Id say thats an understatement.

anakha
11-26-2007, 07:50 PM
LMAO! Nice try dumbass. You couldn't go with Parker locking down Nash so you went with Barbosa (a bench player).

Thats great. I think Brent Barry had a shitty series so Nash is a lockdown defender. So did Horry....Amare deserves DPOY.

Holy shit! Deron Williams averaged 29.5 points and 9.2 assists against Parker?!!!

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2007/series/series_w3s3.html

I didn't know he got lit up that bad.

I think that pretty much ends this argument. I still can't believe you used Barbosa's number. Pathetic.

Then you really weren't watching the series, were you?

When Barbosa was not in the game (which was not often, given the minutes he played in that Suns-Spurs series), Bowen was primarily on Nash and Parker primarily on Bell.

Everytime Barbosa and Parker were in the game, Parker was primarily on Barbosa.

In the Spurs-Jazz series, again, Bowen was primarily on Williams and Parker on Fisher. Care to check out Fisher's stats for the series?

Try again. Maybe your selective memory won't fail you this time around.

Freeze
11-26-2007, 08:00 PM

Your bench player was playing +32mins a game, and this season is the leading scorer of you're team !!!

When SA play phoenix, gameplan is to let Nash shoot as much as he wants, but to limit other players FG's, you should have known that if you watched the games :lol

Obviously you're not watching BB so I don't understand why you're posting in boards such as this one.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Never seen this stat before....Interesting that the Spurs supposedly have the best three defenders in the leauge.

Yao Ming is a great defender?

Also, 82 games determined that Marion was the DPOY last year, only he doesn't appear anywhere on this guy's list.

He says in his opening paragraph that its a work in progress.....Id say thats an understatement.

Still don't get it, but don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion. As the author stated it's not the end all, be all but more of a guide. And anyway you cut it without the box score stats that you love so much, blocks, steals and foul efficiency which were replaced by their PER stats, not Hollinger's. (btw you do know that Hollinger has Tony ranked #4 point guard, look it up) Even with a margin for error Parker still ranks higher defensively then just about all point guards. Furthermore how player A did against Parker can't be concealed or covered up. You do know that. It's all there in the stats.

And as far as Marion being in the running for DPOY when you're ranked 42nd you're right he's no where on this particular author's list. If he was in the running for DPOY if wasn't using the DCS. Could be another writer actually thought he was worth a shit.

Finally what the hell playoff game where you watching last year? Let me refresh your memory Bowen was on Nash and Parker was on Barbosa. Deron Williams had a career series against the Spurs, but if you watched the series which you evidently didn't then you'd know that both Parker and Bowen were matched up on Williams, moreso Bowen then Parker. I guess Duncan was matched up on Fisher.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-26-2007, 08:14 PM
By the way are you a glutton for punishment or do you really believe that TP is not an elite point guard. I don't think that anyone on this board really believes that he is the best, yet. But I think you'll agree he's one of the main reasons the Spurs sent your punk ass bitches home. Again. And by virtue of being one of the Spurs' big 3 that is part of the reason we have won 3 NBA championships in 5 yrs to your teams 1. (I counted the Mercury so you wouldn't feel like such a complete loser)

anakha
11-26-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't think that anyone on this board really believes that he is the best, yet.

What about the thread starter? :p:

SequSpur
11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
What about the thread starter? :p:

Exactly. He is the Best player on the best team. So, he is the best player in the NBA.

He has everything to show for it. Period. Not an argument.

da_suns_fan__
11-26-2007, 08:38 PM
By the way are you a glutton for punishment or do you really believe that TP is not an elite point guard. I don't think that anyone on this board really believes that he is the best, yet. But I think you'll agree he's one of the main reasons the Spurs sent your punk ass bitches home. Again. And by virtue of being one of the Spurs' big 3 that is part of the reason we have won 3 NBA championships in 5 yrs to your teams 1. (I counted the Mercury so you wouldn't feel like such a complete loser)

Elite?

Parker is the third best YOUNG point guard in the league.

Obviously well behind Nash and Kidd. Then theres Baron Davis, Chauncey Billups, Allen Iverson etc.

Parker is the only one of those guys who will never get the ball in late game situatons. Why is that?

He can't defend. He can't shoot free throws like a guard is suppose to. He can't pass or create for others like a point guard is suppose to. His jump shot comes and goes. LOT of holes there.

If I had the option of removing a player from the Spurs, I would definately choose Duncan and Ginobili before Parker. And even then, I might take away Bowen since Parker can't do shit to stop Nash.

Parker? You can have him.

SequSpur
11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Elite?

Parker is the third best YOUNG point guard in the league.

Obviously well behind Nash and Kidd. Then theres Baron Davis, Chauncey Billups, Allen Iverson etc.

Parker is the only one of those guys who will never get the ball in late game situatons. Why is that?

He can't defend. He can't shoot free throws like a guard is suppose to. He can't pass or create for others like a point guard is suppose to. His jump shot comes and goes. LOT of holes there.

If I had the option of removing a player from the Spurs, I would definately choose Duncan and Ginobili before Parker. And even then, I might take away Bowen since Parker can't do shit to stop Nash.

Parker? You can have him.

http://www.desperateblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/eva-longoria-tony-parker-nba-championship-cups.jpg

You know... I should respect your opinion and your passion but for some reason something is clouding my judgement. Are you a retard or something?

http://www.nba.com/news/pow_071126.html

ChumpDumper
11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
NBA Championships? You can have them.

anakha
11-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Parker is the only one of those guys who will never get the ball in late game situatons.

The crunchtime three in Game 3 of the Finals would respectfully disagree with that.

But in fairness, let's not use that as evidence. After all, the Suns have no basis for comparision with regards to Finals crunchtime stats.

Dex
11-26-2007, 09:17 PM

Because none of those other teams have Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, or Robert Horry.

The luxury of having guys who are more clutch than Parker doesn't take away from the fact that he's accomplished more in a shorter career-span than Nash, and I don't ever see that reversing.

But you guys have fun with those regular season MVPs and those second round exits.

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Bump.

I assume Bruce Bowen was on Kevin Martin last night.

Does this mean that Parker was guarding Udrih?

He got lit up by his former backups backup?

Shred
11-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Eva Longoria Supports Mario Lopez...in More Ways Than One! (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2006/10/eva-longoria-supports-mario-lopez-in-more-ways-than-one/)

http://kingofgossip.com/photos/mario_lopez_nude.jpg

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Helllloooooooooooooooo Spurs fans? Demo Dick? Anakha? ShoogaBear? ChumpDumpy?

ANYONE?

Did someone drop a bomb on San Antonio or what?

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Freeze?

Cry Havoc?

anakha
11-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Since you're so willing to play the "what have you done for me lately" game with Parker, sure, I'll bite:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271126009

Yup, Parker is sooooooooo turnover-prone compared to Nash, isn't he?

mathbzh
11-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Elite?
He can't defend.

When Nash is a lockdown defender :rolleyes

mathbzh
11-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Since you're so willing to play the "what have you done for me lately" game with Parker, sure, I'll bite:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=271126009

Yup, Parker is sooooooooo turnover-prone compared to Nash, isn't he?

Too bad, 2 turnovers away from a triple double

anakha
11-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Oh, and by the way...

:lmao at d_s_f going for the defense argument when his team gave up 45 points to the Warriors in 1 quarter.

SpurOutofTownFan
11-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Parker homers need to chill out a little bit - Parker is one of the best players in the NBA but he's not the best. He's not the best in our team either, but just one of the best. He can be shut down by other PGs in the league. We all know that.

mathbzh
11-27-2007, 11:21 AM

Do you agree that Bowen (even if you don't like him) is a great defender?
I believe you do since you want to take Bowen out of the Spurs before Parker.

You know what, Bowen doesn't have many blocks, steals or charges...

I don't believe Parker is a great defender but your argument sounds stupid.

mathbzh
11-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Parker homers need to chill out a little bit - Parker is one of the best players in the NBA but he's not the best. He's not the best in our team either, but just one of the best. He can be shut down by other PGs in the league. We all know that.

I don't think anybody here think Parker is really the best player in the NBA.

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
I don't think anybody here think Parker is really the best player in the NBA.

Except the thread starter (see title).

And you must have missed the post where I said that Bowen is a lockdown defender.

You can be a great defender without getting steals, blocks, charges, rebounds etc. if youre capable of shutting your man down.

Parker does neither. Ask Beno Udrih. Or Devin Harris. Or Steve Nash. Or Deron Williams. Or Chris Paul......

Game over. I win.

Mister Sinister
11-27-2007, 11:28 AM

And you must have missed the post where I said that Bowen is a lockdown defender.

You can be a great defender without getting steals, blocks, charges, rebounds etc. if youre capable of shutting your man down.

Parker does neither. Ask Beno Udrih. Or Devin Harris. Or Steve Nash. Or Deron Williams. Or Chris Paul......

Game over. I win.
This is the cancer that is killing ST.

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh, and by the way...

:lmao at d_s_f going for the defense argument when his team gave up 45 points to the Warriors in 1 quarter.

Who said the Suns played great defense?

Aren't the Spurs suppose to be the great defensive team? Are they suppose to be far and away a better defensive team than the Suns?

Where was Parker's lockdown defense last night? Or are you guys gonna blame that one on Bowen too?

Beno Udrih? Are you kidding me? :lol

mathbzh
11-27-2007, 11:34 AM

Game over. I win.

Other posters here proved you that Parker did a solid job on defense during the last playoffs. You didn't win a shit... not even a championship :toast

mathbzh
11-27-2007, 11:36 AM

Aren't the Spurs suppose to be the great defensive team? Are they suppose to be far and away a better defensive team than the Suns?

Where was Parker's lockdown defense last night? Or are you guys gonna blame that one on Bowen too?

Who was Nash assignement against GSW?

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Who was Nash assignement against GSW?

Who said Nash was a great defender?

Not me.

Of course, why admit that Parker can't play defense when you can attempt to change the subject.

anakha
11-27-2007, 11:40 AM

Again, :lmao at d_s_f's desperate attempt to steer the conversation away from the fact that he wants to keep harping on one player's defense and ignore his entire team practically giving up a half's worth of points in one quarter.

Glass houses and stones, d_s_f.

anakha
11-27-2007, 11:45 AM

Not me.

Of course, why admit that Parker can't play defense when you can attempt to change the subject.

Since you want to focus on that argument...

Link to ANYWHERE in this thread calling Parker a great defender?

The very first reference to Parker's defense in this thread called it 'solid'. You're the one who blew it out of proportion by assuming he was considered a great defender.

And before you start pointing at the stats people showed, those were in response to you insisting he was a bad defender. You really like being proven wrong, don't you?

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Since you want to focus on that argument...

Link to ANYWHERE in this thread calling Parker a great defender?

The very first reference to Parker's defense in this thread called it 'solid'. You're the one who blew it out of proportion by assuming he was considered a great defender.

This thread. Post 66.

CryHavoc: He already plays better defense than Nash ever has.

And I said "Oh really?"

Thanks to Tony Parker and Beno Udrih, you fools have been OWNED!

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
This thread, post 78.

anakha
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
This thread. Post 66.

And I said "Oh really?"

Better defense than Nash = 'great defender' in your book?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
This thread, post 95 (by freeze).

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:52 AM
This thread, post 73 (by bat boy):

The most important defensive skill is rotating properly on the pick and roll and Parker is part of the league's best defensive scheme against it.

anakha
11-27-2007, 11:52 AM
This thread, post 78.

Tony Parker>Kevin Johnson = 'great defender'?

mathbzh
11-27-2007, 11:53 AM

Not me.

You said Parker is not an elite PG because he is not a good defender.
I just wonder if Nash is an elite PG :rolleyes

I never argued Parker is a great defender so I don't understand you remark about my attempt to change the subject. If you want my opinion, Parker is an average defender who can play good defense when he is focused (when it matters during the playoff). Sometime, in meaningless games he doesn't play defense. I don't think it is a big issue since we will never meet Sacramento in the playoffs.

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:53 AM
This thread, post 97 (Dex):

Apparently 'shutting down your man' has nothing to do with defense. It's all about the boxscore, baby. (Implies Parker shuts his man down).

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:54 AM
This thread, post 90 (Romain.star):

He is not a beast and will never make the all defensive team but he's doing his job more than correctly

anakha
11-27-2007, 11:55 AM
This thread, post 95 (by freeze).

Yes he does :

This post was made in reponse to you asserting Parker was a bad defender:

So, proving your ass wrong about Parker being a bad defender = 'great defender'?

mathbzh
11-27-2007, 11:55 AM
This thread. Post 66.

And I said "Oh really?"

Playing better defense than Nash doesn't exactly means be a great defender.

mathbzh
11-27-2007, 11:57 AM

Doing your job more than correctly is being great?

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Maybe Kori should change the thread title to "How to own Anakha".

btw - I never said Parker wasn't elite becuase he couldn't defend.

I said he wasn't elite because he can't defend, shoot free throws, shoot jumpshots, create for others, is turnover prone etc.

That was easy. Next thread.

anakha
11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
This thread, post 73 (by bat boy):

The most important defensive skill is rotating properly on the pick and roll and Parker is part of the league's best defensive scheme against it.

This post is saying that the Spurs defend against the pick and roll probably better than any other team, and that Parker plays a part in it.

Still not seing anybody saying explicitly that Parker 'great defender' post here...

anakha
11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
This thread, post 97 (Dex):

Apparently 'shutting down your man' has nothing to do with defense. It's all about the boxscore, baby. (Implies Parker shuts his man down).

So now you're going by 'implications'? :lmao

Still waiting for that explicit 'Parker is a great defender' post...

anakha
11-27-2007, 12:02 PM

THAT makes you believe Parker is a 'great defender'!?

Reading Comprehension owns you.

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 12:09 PM
THAT makes you believe Parker is a 'great defender'!?

Reading Comprehension owns you.

No douche bag...the first line.

"And yes, i think Parker can shut down his man too."

Owned again.

Just quit man. Im starting to feel embarrassed for you.

anakha
11-27-2007, 12:09 PM

I said he wasn't elite because he 1) can't defend, shoot free throws, 2) shoot jumpshots, create for others, is 3) turnover prone etc.

1) Already proven wrong - several times over.

2) Can't shoot jumpshots? You must be watching the 2004-05 Parker.

3) Turnover prone? When Nash almost had a triple-double against the Warriors with 8 turnovers?

d_s_f-speak for "I'll run away like a bitch and hide before I get my ass owned yet again".

anakha
11-27-2007, 12:10 PM
No douche bag...the first line.

Owned again.

Just quit man. Im starting to feel embarrassed for you.

So Selective Reading owns you then. :lmao

da_suns_fan__
11-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Anakha.....you lost.

Don't pout. Just accept it. There will be other threads.

anakha
11-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Still waiting for that 'great defender' post...

anakha
11-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Anakha.....you lost.

Don't pout. Just accept it. There will be other threads.

d_s_f-speak for "I just got every argument thrown back in my face and have nothing left to say, so I'll just pretend I won".

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
d_s_f-speak for "I just got every argument thrown back in my face and have nothing left to say, so I'll just pretend I won".

anakha not only do you already own suns boy but probably his family as well. You can't reason with the illogical and delusional. Stats mean nothing in the face of illusion. After all who's he going to believe you or his lying eyes.

it's been shown that:

1) Tonys career wise has averaged 2.5 tpg......lo and behold, actually more like lol sun boys boy-toy Nash has averaged 2.59 tpg. Wow! didn't see that one coming. Did you myopia boy?

2) Tony shoots 51% and his shot from the outside has been improving since he first came into the league. and he will consistantly kill you with his drives to the bucket. btw anyone notice his assists #'s going up as well, 6.6 apg ain't too shabby. didn't the slug say he couldn't hit his free throws. How's 73%? Let's cut the guy now and save further embarrassment.

3) already several media pundits already have him as top 10 and I've seen him in the top 5 (see Hollinger's list). I know their just experts, what do they know? suns-boy has a lot of credibility for a 14 yr old.

4) the guy is only 25 yrs old. What was suns boy's boy-toy Steve Nash doing at 25?

5) There's not many if any GM's who would turn down an opportunity to have Tony on their team.

6) Tony is part (as is the sum is greater then the whole) of a great defensive team. (suns boy has a problem comprehending this part). Tony on the whole is a solid defender. Some nights he's great, some nights he's adequate and then there's the bad nights. Everyone has them. suns boys canadian daddy has a matador cape permanently affixed to his testicle. Ask any GM who the better defender is? Parker > Nash any day and twice on sundays.

7) Why are we debating and slapping a 14 yr old suns boy silly. I'm starting to feel embarrassed? You should too anakha.

btw 8 TO. Wow that's rich and you got to love the fact that Grant is consistantly playing 35-40 min per game. You think the old man is going to have anything in the tank at the end of the season.

sorry for the bad grammar, punctuations and misspellings, and I'm sure a few out of place dangling participles but I'm just laughing so hard at some of suns boy's posts. Only in America, try his kind of stupidity in Russia and he'd end up at some gulag or something.

Demo Dick Marcinko
11-28-2007, 12:44 AM

I said he wasn't elite because he can't defend, shoot free throws, shoot jumpshots, create for others, is turnover prone etc.

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

Typhoon
11-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

Bueller's not here, man.

Cry Havoc
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
This should be a classic thread on Spurstalk. Rarely has any single poster been owned so much in one thread. I can't believe d_s_f continues to show his face.

SAGambler
11-28-2007, 12:33 PM

Not me.

I don't know. I thought Tony played pretty damn good defense when he managed to bloody Stevies nose while on offense, to keep him off the court the last couple of minutes of the game.

I have heard that the Spurs are always thinking one or two moves ahead, so TP took the opportunity while on offense to play a little defense too.

SAGambler
11-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Just one question.

If Nash is the "elite" of pgs in the league, why in the hell did Dallas let him go?

telecomguy
11-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Just one question.

If Nash is the "elite" of pgs in the league, why in the hell did Dallas let him go?

because they thought Nash would not play effectively for too many more years due to his age and his style of play and injury problems (bad back).

The Suns are getting a huge bargain from NAsh becuase he's been an MVP for two years and gettting paid way less than most top players.

Shred
11-28-2007, 01:28 PM
ALL YOUR POINT GUARDS' WOMAN ARE BELONG TO ME.

http://www.screenthug.com/images/Slater.jpg

da_suns_fan__
11-28-2007, 03:52 PM
This should be a classic thread on Spurstalk. Rarely has any single poster been owned so much in one thread. I can't believe d_s_f continues to show his face.

Are you kidding me! :lol

This is my favorite thread, brotha!

You guys ran your mouths off about Parker's defensive capabilities (in particular that he's capable of shutting his man down) and Parker goes and gets OWNED by the very player you've all been shredding for the past two seasons! :lmao

It was almost storybook. You can't make this stuff up!

I can't take too much credit, though. The stars just aligned.

Anakha's attempt to save face by claiming that no one thought Parker was that great of a defender was almost painful to read, though.

Almost. :lol

Mister Sinister
11-28-2007, 03:55 PM

You guys ran your mouths off about Parker's defensive capabilities (in particular that he's capable of shutting his man down) and Parker goes and gets OWNED by the very player you've all been shredding for the past two seasons! :lmao

Anakha's attempt to save face by claiming that no one thought Parker was that great of a defender was almost painful to read, though.

http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/gaydar.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-28-2007, 08:24 PM

anakha
11-28-2007, 10:09 PM

:lmao at d_s_f's attempt to save face when none of the posts he referred to said anything about Parker being a great defender.

'Parker > KJ' = Parker is a great defender?

'Parker is not a defensive beast and will never make the All-Defensive team' = Parker is a great defender?

d_s_f is claiming ownage over a point nobody in this thread made and he merely assumed to be the case. Which he couldn't even defend! :lol

Yup, keep loudly declaring that you won the argument, when you never even presented an case that actually made sense. Maybe someday, some poor fool will be deluded enough to believe you.

ducks
11-28-2007, 11:19 PM
tonight he was the best rebounder on the team to

anakha
11-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Well, this thread was long overdue for a ducks appearance, anyway... :lol

SpursIndonesia
11-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Why on earth does Da_S0ns_Fan enjoy being owned all over this forum ? Is he into BDSM or something ? :lol

biba
11-29-2007, 01:24 AM
So what do think his pairs?

Parker bedazzles Wizards

By John N. Mitchell
November 29, 2007
http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071129/SPORTS03/111290098/1005/SPORTS

SAN ANTONIO — Over the summer, Tony Parker mesmerized on the biggest stage, leading the San Antonio Spurs to the NBA championship before packing his bags for a wedding in France to television star Eva Longoria.

Parker was just as dazzling last night, blowing and spinning by the Washington Wizards while leading the Spurs to a 109-94 rout. Parker posted his first double-double of the season with 29 points and a season-high 11 assists at AT&T Center last night.

The Wizards (7-8) haven't won in San Antonio since they defeated the Spurs at the Alamodome way back on Dec. 12, 1999.

"I always respected [Parker], but I have a newfound respect for that guy," said Wizards center Brendan Haywood, who scored a season-high 19 points. "He's the best point guard in the league, him and Steve Nash, 1A and 1B."

Sitting nearby in the locker room were teammates Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson. They both heard what Haywood said, thought about it, and neither of them offered up an argument.

"I'd say if he's not the best he's right up there," Stevenson said.

Butler chimed in, "He made some shots that I couldn't believe."

Wizards point guard Antonio Daniels had 11 points and six assists, and for most of the night it was his job to guard Parker, who gets to the basket as well as or better than any little man in the league.

"He does a good job of running up guys' backs, using your own teammates against you," Daniels said. "And he hit some tough shots. It's not like he was just getting to the rim and guys weren't there. He was getting to the rim and hitting double-pumps, triple-pumps, left hand, right hand. He misses two or three of those shots, and we get an opportunity to run with it and it's a different game. But they went in."

With Parker orchestrating the show, the Spurs connected on 56.6 percent of their shots. San Antonio made 43 baskets, and 30 of them were off assists.

"Tony Parker stepped it up another notch and was a one-man fast break, and we couldn't contain him," Wizards coach Eddie Jordan said. "But you leave here and you say, 'Why are they good? Let's see if we can emulate some of the things that they do so we can get better.' But he did the things that made him MVP of the finals."

While the Wizards' shooting wasn't too shabby, the difference was the Spurs (13-3, 9-0 at home) saw to it that the Wizards best players didn't hurt them.

Butler, hounded by the Spurs' Bruce Bowen for much of the night, finished with 16 points on 5-for-9 shooting. It marked just the fifth time this season he has failed to score at least 20 points.

The Spurs also frustrated Antawn Jamison into a poor shooting night. Two nights after scoring 27 in the Wizards' win over Dallas, Jamison — who did grab 12 rebounds — was limited to just 4-for-15 shooting and 12 points.

"They had a good game plan. They really loaded up on Antawn and Caron every time they caught [the ball]," Jordan said. "It was tough for them to catch, and we knew we had to screen right, execute and have our angles right and the proper spacing. When they did catch, the defense loaded up on the strong side of the floor, and we have to pass out of that so we don't get the attempts."

The Wizards trailed the Spurs just 49-46 at halftime.

But Parker crammed 10 points and four assists into the third quarter, and the Spurs used a 21-10 run to stake a 72-58 lead on Parker's layup with 4:37 to play.

Shred
11-29-2007, 05:43 AM
http://www.joesportsfan.com/mediaspace/common/people/acSlater.jpg
Laughs at his pwnage....of Tony Parker.

da_suns_fan__
12-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Bump.

Parkers assist to turnover ratio continues to dwindle as predicted by myself.

Does anyone still consider this guy "elite"?

ancestron
12-12-2007, 11:49 AM
yep

da_suns_fan__
12-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Parker has been exposed these last three games without Duncan.

I always said that he can score but thats it (completely one dimensional).

Turns out, without Duncan, he's not even very good at THAT!

The last three games, he's shot 38%, averaged 5.3 assists and 5 turnovers a game (and people got upset when I called him "turnover prone").

This guy is no different than half the point guards in this league. He lacks the fundamentals needed to be an elite point guard.

da_suns_fan__
12-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Also...Parkers scoring average has gone DOWN rather than up even though there are more shots to take. While guys like Ginobili have stepped up their game, Parker has just exposed himself as being overrated.

urunobili
12-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Also...Parkers scoring average has gone DOWN rather than up even though there are more shots to take. While guys like Ginobili have stepped up their game, Parker has just exposed himself as being overrated.
Kori... would you please show this people the exit door? :devil

mavs>spurs2
12-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Tony Parker isn't even the 2nd best on his own team..how can he be the best in the NBA?

spursfan09
12-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Typical mav fan to judge play in December. He's playing hurt right now and is in a rut. Playoff time comes and he will be there.

mavs>spurs2
12-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Typical mav fan to judge play in December. He's playing hurt right now and is in a rut. Playoff time comes and he will be there.

Typical douchebag spur fan to put words in my mouth. I'm not judging his play in December i'm going by his entire career, including last years playoffs.

05 Manu > 07 Parker

Manu's Career > Parkers Career

This season, Manu>Parker thus far

TP is good but he is the 3rd best player on a great team

romain.star
12-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Typical douchebag spur fan to put words in my mouth. I'm not judging his play in December i'm going by his entire career, including last years playoffs.

05 Manu > 07 Parker

Manu's Career > Parkers Career

This season, Manu>Parker thus far

TP is good but he is the 3rd best player on a great team

who gives a shit? we've got a great Big 3... they are doing great all together... I honestly don't care who is number 1, 2 or 3 and let me tell you that Tim Tony and Manu could not care less too

spursfan09
12-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Didn't put words in your mouth, but Tim is the best player on the Spurs. Tony and Manu take turns on being the 2nd best.

txstr1986
12-12-2007, 06:07 PM
All of you Fag Nash Fans can lick some sack, cuz it's on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm new here and I was just curious. How many Fag Nash Fans post in these forums?

da_suns_fan
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Holy mother of ownage.

Bump!

Well what do you know? Looking at some stats today, and Tony Parker is currently 30th in the league in assist to turnover ratio.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaassists&qual=true&sort=astto&league=nba&split=0&season=2008&seasontype=2&avg=48&pos=all

But its not quite as bad as you think Spurs fans. This doesn't mean that he's the most turnover point guard in the league (as there are 30 teams).

The list includes some non-point guards such as Grant Hill who are having better passing seasons than Parker.

Parker is 25th in the league in assist to turnover ratio among point guards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaassists&league=nba&split=0&sort=astto&avg=48&qual=true&season=2008&seasontype=2&pos=pg

ancestron
01-03-2008, 02:56 PM
:sleep

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Bump!

Well what do you know? Looking at some stats today, and Tony Parker is currently 30th in the league in assist to turnover ratio.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaassists&qual=true&sort=astto&league=nba&split=0&season=2008&seasontype=2&avg=48&pos=all

But its not quite as bad as you think Spurs fans. This doesn't mean that he's the most turnover point guard in the league (as there are 30 teams).

The list includes some non-point guards such as Grant Hill who are having better passing seasons than Parker.

Parker is 25th in the league in assist to turnover ratio among point guards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaassists&league=nba&split=0&sort=astto&avg=48&qual=true&season=2008&seasontype=2&pos=pg

Yes, and Steve Nash has just been decimating teams lately with his 40% shooting percentage and his 12 points per game. :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Does it matter? He's an MVP.

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Does it matter? He's an MVP.

And really good ratings.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I was talking about Tony, but okay.

da_suns_fan
01-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I was talking about Tony, but okay.

Tony Parker's an MVP?

OHHHH!!! Finals MVP!

I guess Chauncey Billups is an MVP too (Finals)!

So was Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond (All Star Game MVP)!

So is Amare (Got milk? Rookie Challenge MVP)!

:rolleyes

Douche bag.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Tony Parker's an MVP?

OHHHH!!! Finals MVP!

I guess Chauncey Billups is an MVP too (Finals)!

So was Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond (All Star Game MVP)!

So is Amare (Got milk? Rookie Challenge MVP)!
That's true. Not sure how it contributes to the conversation but that's all very true.

da_suns_fan
01-03-2008, 06:37 PM
That's true. Not sure how it contributes to the conversation but that's all very true.

I pointed out how Parker continues to be turnover prone and you say it doesn't matter since he's an MVP.

This is a disingenuous statement if Ive ever read one. Parker has a long way to go if he ever wants to be considered MVP material.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
I pointed out how Parker continues to be turnover prone and you say it doesn't matter since he's an MVP.

This is a disingenuous statement if Ive ever read one. Parker has a long way to go if he ever wants to be considered MVP material.
If he wasn't considered MVP material he wouldn't have won the MVP award.

Dex
01-03-2008, 06:45 PM

how are those regular season MVPs working out for Nash?

Hate all you want, but the funny thing about Finals MVPs...you usually get them when you're winning the Finals.

Go ask Steve which he'd rather have.

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 07:57 PM

And Steve Nash will go down as the only b2b MVP winner in history to never lead his team to the Finals, let alone to a Title. What an honor. He might also be the only MVP in history who had 2 other all-stars on his team and failed to reach the Finals. But hey, he's a good regular season leader, right? :lol

SequSpur
01-03-2008, 08:54 PM

:wtf

ShoogarBear
01-03-2008, 08:58 PM
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/49/02/22860249.jpg

Christmas with da_suns_fan.

Josepatches
01-03-2008, 10:31 PM
This thread is stupid.Parker was MVP of the finals because he plays with TD.If Steve Nash had played with the Spurs instead of Parker he might have an MVP finals too.If TP had played with the Suns I'm pretty sure that he would never had played an NBA final.
You can't compare Amare,Marion,Diaw or any of them with the great TD.It's amazing how some of you can't forget that the main reason of our dinasty is TD.

CarefreeAZ
01-04-2008, 12:30 AM

Spurs #5.

Looks like you were rubbing your own nuts while looking at a picture of Tony Parker when you made this post!

Lebowski Brickowski
01-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Parker has a long way to go if he ever wants to be considered MVP material.

First thing he needs to do is to stop playing defense. :lol

Lady M
01-04-2008, 12:55 AM
This thread is stupid.Parker was MVP of the finals because he plays with TD.If Steve Nash had played with the Spurs instead of Parker he might have an MVP finals too.If TP had played with the Suns I'm pretty sure that he would never had played an NBA final.
You can't compare Amare,Marion,Diaw or any of them with the great TD.It's amazing how some of you can't forget that the main reason of our dinasty is TD.

but Steve Nash will be in the pop's doghouse after the first quater because no defense

I'm sure if one coach don't want Steve Nash in his team it's Pop

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Where did Nash get entered into the discussion?

Tony is an MVP because Steve Nash can't play defense?

And lmao @ comparing Tony Longoria to Steve Nash!

Nash SHOULD have won his third MVP in a row last year.

Tony Longoria will be lucky to be named to the all star team.

gcj
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Tony Parker on HOOPSTALK.

Just got forwarded this info. Check out, I may call in.

http://www.nike.com/nikebasketball/usa/?ref=bball_global_redirect#hoopstalk

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Nash SHOULD have won his third MVP in a row last year.

And yet he didn't. Tony Parker won the important one. :smokin

Tony Longoria will be lucky to be named to the all star team.

Nash will be lucky to make the Finals.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Tony Parker on HOOPSTALK.

Just got forwarded this info. Check out, I may call in.

http://www.nike.com/nikebasketball/usa/?ref=bball_global_redirect#hoopstalk

Is Eva participating in the interview?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Is Eva participating in the interview?
No, instead he will be accompanied by his Finals MVP trophy.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:07 AM
And yet he didn't. Tony Parker won the important one. :smokin

Nash will be lucky to make the Finals.

Everyone needs a little luck to reach the finals.

But, again, saying Tony Parker is an MVP is disingenuous.

You can find all the MVPs right here:

http://www.nba.com/history/awards_mvp.html

Tony Parker isn't on there and he never will be.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Everyone needs a little luck to reach the finals.

While the Suns need a lot of luck.

But, again, saying Tony Parker is an MVP is disingenuous..

An MVP is an MVP. Deal with it.

You can find all the MVPs right here:

http://www.nba.com/history/awards_mvp.html

Tony Parker isn't on there and he never will be.

Yes, because the regular season is what matters.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:21 AM
While the Suns need a lot of luck.

Yes, because the regular season is what matters.

I see....well i don't want to see any more criticism of Amare Stoudemire on this board.

After all, he's an MVP (Got Milk? Rookie Challenge)!!!!!

And how stupid is San Antonio? Giving away an MVP to Houston (Luis Scola, FIBA America tournament MVP)??

Now that I think about it, who's not an MVP? Im sure most players in the NBA have gotten some type of MVP award throughout their career.

Does high school count?

Junior high?

Whoa! I just realized! Im an MVP TOO!!!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I see....well i don't want to see any more criticism of Amare Stoudemire on this board.

And how stupid is San Antonio? Giving away an MVP to Houston (Luis Scola, FIBA America tournament MVP)??

Now that I think about it, who's not an MVP? Im sure most players in the NBA have gotten some type of MVP award throughout their career.

Does high school count?

Junior high?

How many of them have an MVP that matters?

And BTW, I like how you respond to only a portion of my post. :lol

m33p0
01-04-2008, 11:23 AM

Does high school count?

Junior high?

:violin :violin :violin

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:28 AM
How many of them have an MVP that matters?

And BTW, I like how you respond to only a portion of my post. :lol

WHOA, WHOA WHOA!!! Wait a second!

You just said:

NOW some MVPs matter and some don't?

All too easy. :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:37 AM
WHOA, WHOA WHOA!!! Wait a second!

You just said:

Of course an MVP is an MVP. If an MVP wasn't an MVP, then that just doesn't make sense.

NOW some MVPs matter and some don't?

All too easy. :lol

Of course some MVPs matter more than others. Let's take a look at the Finals MVP, for example:
You have to win the championship before your name is put into consideration for that award. A task only conquered by the Spurs, Heat, Lakers and Pistons since the 99 season. Then after you win the championship, your stats and clutchness are put under review to see if you are worthy enough to be named MVP.

Now let's take a look at the regular season MVP:
You just have to put up great individual stats and be on a +.500 team.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:46 AM
You buried yourself on that one Mr. bottomtooth.

Let it go. There will be other threads.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:50 AM
In other words, please stop owning me.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Why do you keep buming this thread?!!!!

Do you WANT everyone to see how you hung yourself? :lol :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't have a comeback for your previous post so I'm going to try a desperate attempt at making you look like a fool.

Cry Havoc
01-04-2008, 12:55 PM
And Steve Nash will go down as the only b2b MVP winner in history to never lead his team to the Finals, let alone to a Title. What an honor. He might also be the only MVP in history who had 2 other all-stars on his team and failed to reach the Finals. But hey, he's a good regular season leader, right? :lol

I'm just going to quote this again since D_S_F pointedly ignored it.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm just going to quote this again since D_S_F pointedly ignored it.

You can try your best to hang a dark cloud over back to back MVP awards, but the fact is that Nash has become Synonymous with MVP.

:clap

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 01:05 PM
What about Finals MVP?

ploto
01-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Tony won't even make the All-Star team...

Cry Havoc
01-04-2008, 02:49 PM

You can try your best to hang a dark cloud over back to back MVP awards, but the fact is that Nash has become Synonymous with MVP.

:clap

And at 25 with 3 rings, Tony Parker has become synonymous with champion.

Just think. Tony Parker has more rings now, when he just qualified for a lower car insurance rate from Geico, than Nash will never have. :lol

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 03:55 PM
And at 25 with 3 rings, Tony Parker has become synonymous with champion.

Eh....don't you mean Eva Longoria?

Cry Havoc
01-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Eh....don't you mean Eva Longoria?

If I meant her I would have said "34B with 1 ring."

Magic_Johnson
01-04-2008, 05:20 PM
And lmao @ comparing Tony Longoria to Steve Nash!

I agree.
Let's compare Tony and Nash when he was 25.
Tony>>>>Nash

ducks
04-16-2008, 09:40 PM
:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

doldrums
04-16-2008, 09:42 PM
They're winning a key game and this is what you're focusing on? Grow up

ducks
04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Tony Parker
7-10, 15 Pts
0 Rebs, 11 Assists

inconvertible
04-16-2008, 09:50 PM
if #1 means the best below the rim, non-dunking, non three point shooting player.

mookie2001
04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
hes much better than manu for sure

smeagol
04-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Tony's cruising . . .

SequSpur
04-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Ducks is smart.

50 cent
04-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Church of Tony. :tu

BIG z
04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
He is not even the best player in his position, and you are saying the NBA.......:lol

ducks
04-16-2008, 09:57 PM
+27 tonight
INCREDIABLE

50 cent
04-16-2008, 09:58 PM
+27 tonight
INCREDIABLE

in 18 fucking minutes.

Bet Manu has never pulled that off.

DAF86
04-16-2008, 10:02 PM
hes much better than manu for sure

No he's not and you know it.

BIG z
04-16-2008, 10:02 PM
in 18 fucking minutes.

Bet Manu has never pulled that off.

They shouldn't play him in the second half to ruin that rating....

Louie Vega
04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I was critical of another thread that was started about Parker after he went off on the lowly Kings! Calling Parker the best player in the NBA. I said let's wait and see what he does against Utah tonight! So far so good!

mookie2001
04-16-2008, 10:12 PM
i think we all know tony is more talented and more valuable to the team than manu

anakha
04-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Cue the furious CoM reply in 3, 2, 1...

SuperManu!!!
04-16-2008, 10:15 PM
i think we all know tony is more talented and more valuable to the team than manu
Whatever makes you sleep at night :rolleyes

BIG z
04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
He is the most selfish spur.....

DAF86
04-16-2008, 10:17 PM

No we don't

anakha
04-16-2008, 10:19 PM
He is the most selfish spur.....

And the stupidity never ceases... :lmao

BIG z
04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
And the stupidity never ceases... :lmao

oh wait a minute he has 12 assist, my bad....

anakha
04-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Big z, are you looking to get a second thread enshrined in the Classics board for sheer level of muleheadedness? Be my guest. :lol

mookie2001
04-16-2008, 10:24 PM
not to mention the french parker fan is more informed, a more dedicated spursfan, less pompous and a better english typer than the argentine manu fan

Hemotivo
04-16-2008, 10:25 PM
tony parker best basketball player ever

BIG z
04-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Big z, are you looking to get a second thread enshrined in the Classics board for sheer level of muleheadedness? Be my guest. :lol

thats just my opinion....he is selfish....

SequSpur
04-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Lick my balls....

:smokin

Cry Havoc
04-16-2008, 10:30 PM
thats just my opinion....he is selfish....

And you're a fucking idiot.

anakha
04-16-2008, 10:30 PM
thats just my opinion

Doesn't make it any less stupid.