PDA

View Full Version : No bull: Mavericks' Howard may be a Pippen clone

ElNono
10-17-2007, 08:04 PM
No bull: Mavericks' Howard may be a Pippen clone

11:00 PM CDT on Tuesday, October 16, 2007
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/101707dnspohoward.2cb4236.html)

Scottie Pippen was one of a kind.

Josh Howard has said all along that he would like to change that.

And while the world mostly remembers Pippen as the best sidekick in NBA history, and that Howard is merely a one-time All-Star who has yet to win one-sixth as many NBA titles as Pippen was part of, a couple of facts link them.

After four seasons, they both had the same number of trips to the NBA Finals – one, although Pippen also had a ring with the Chicago Bulls.

They both were just finding out how good they can be playing behind – and beside – an MVP.

Howard has said since he came into the league that he's patterned his game after Pippen's, trying to do the slithery, sneaky stuff that Pippen mastered in midcareer.

And, by the way, being a 20-point scorer wouldn't hurt, either. But it's not just about the scoring. It's about everything. It's about having the kind of overall game that made Pippen so unique. He wasn't Michael Jordan. But he wasn't bad.

Howard is no Dirk Nowitzki. But he is a rare talent nonetheless.

"It's a step I would love to take. It's just a matter of time," Howard said. "I love being the sidekick to Dirk. I think Scottie played that role great. He was the greatest No. 2 of all time. And on any other team, he'd have been No. 1.

"So he respected other players. That's one thing I took from him when I was watching him growing up. MJ was the star, and Scottie knew his role. It's kind of like me. Dirk's our star, and I know my role. Hopefully, I can do it."

Howard is aware that any comparisons when his career is over will hinge on earning championships. The Mavericks are 0-for 1 in trips to the Finals. The Bulls went 6-for-6 with Jordan and Pippen.

Those sort of comparisons are unfair, of course. But life's never been fair. Howard has gone through a rough summer with the death of his college coach, Skip Prosser. Howard learned to deal with life and basketball while playing at Wake Forest under Prosser. Those lessons have served him well.

Now, Howard understands that he has the talent and drive to be a special player.

Efforts to reach Pippen were unsuccessful, but he told Mavericks coach Avery Johnson during off-season meetings that he was a big fan of Howard.

"[Pippen] was impressed with him, he just thought there was a whole other level for him to go," said Johnson, who has made a point of showing Howard videos of Pippen, Sean Elliott and other players with games similar to the 6-7 Howard.

Robert Horry, San Antonio's seven-ring-owning forward, understands the potential that Howard has and gives him the utmost respect.

"He's like I was when I was young," Horry said. "That's the one thing we don't have on our team – a long, lanky wing guy that is athletic and can do pretty much everything. I used to be able to, but now I can only do it for one possession, maybe."

Johnson emphasizes that Howard is going to get every opportunity to be a Pippen clone. He already has the scoring ability, the shooting, the slashing and the defensive instincts.

He's Pippen without the big nose in so many ways.

But one thing is missing. Pippen averaged 5.2 assists for his career.

Howard has averaged fewer than two assists per game in all four seasons. And that's something Johnson and Howard expect to change if he's to become the new-age Pippen.

"I think he's maturing to that level, and that's a good example for him," Johnson said of Howard. "We let him run the offense a little bit more, get us into some plays last year. I think that can be effective for us.

"More than anything, I think Josh just needs to keep his body strong. Josh is a warrior. Josh is a stud. Josh can just flat-out play. But he needs to get better, he needs to get stronger and keep his body strong all year."

A lot has been made of Howard's fast start to games. By far, his production in the first quarter was his best of the game, on average. The flip side to that is he often faded in the second half.

"He's one of the guys I'm really looking forward to working with," new Mavericks assistant coach Mario Elie said. "Josh always gets off to these great starts and then disappears. We're going to work hard on that. He plays pretty much the same position I did, so I hope to lend some expertise there."

It would be another step in Howard's progression. And he understands that it isn't a trip that he can fast-forward. He won't become what he wants to be in a day or a year. It will take a career that evolves and grows.

"There's not many guys who come in and can get a championship in their first four or five years," Howard said. "I know we had an opportunity two years ago, but I'm in it for the long haul. Hopefully, I can get it here in Dallas. I'd love to stay here my whole career."

Especially if it means eventually being mentioned in the same breath as the player he's emulating.

JOSH WANTS TO BE LIKE SCOTTIE
Scottie Pippen won six NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls. The Mavericks' Josh Howard wants to pattern his game after Pippen's. Staff writer Eddie Sefko compares the two at the same point in their careers:

Pippen's progression
ROOKIE SEASON: 7.9 points, 3.8 rebounds

SECOND SEASON: 14.4 points, 6.1 rebounds

THIRD SEASON: 16.5 points, 6.7 rebounds

FOURTH SEASON: 17.8 points, 7.3 rebounds

FIFTH SEASON: 21.0 points, 7.7 rebounds

Howard's progression
ROOKIE SEASON: 8.6 points, 5.5 rebounds

SECOND SEASON: 12.6 points, 6.4 rebounds

THIRD SEASON: 15.6 points, 6.3 rebounds

FOURTH SEASON: 18.9 points, 6.8 rebounds

da_suns_fan__
10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Edit...story does mention he doesn't come close in assists.

da_suns_fan__
10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
But what about steals?

ElNono
10-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Plus Pippen was Pippen because he ended up with 6 rings and had a dude named Michael Jordan next to him. Who does Howard has? Chokewitzki?

dirk4mvp
10-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Howard>Ginobili

ElNono
10-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Ginobili 3 rings, 1 olympic gold medal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Mav in history

dirk4mvp
10-17-2007, 08:58 PM
that doesn't change the fact that Howard is better than ginobili.

ElNono
10-17-2007, 09:01 PM

What fact? There's no fact. It's your opinion. Fact is what I told you. Facts are rings and medals. Come back to me when Howard earns any of those facts.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Howards shooting>>>Manu

Manu in the clutch(taking over a game especially in the playoffs)>>>>>>>>Howard

Manu's mental toughness>>>>>>>Howard

I fucking love Josh Howard but there are alot of things Manu is just much better than him at.

SenorSpur
10-18-2007, 01:03 AM
All of this wont matter much when Cuban ships him to the Fakers as part of the Kobe deal.

mavs>spurs2
10-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Howards shooting>>>Manu

I fucking love Josh Howard but there are alot of things Manu is just much better than him at.

Dude there is alot more to basketball than those few points.

Howard > Ginobili in rebounding, defense, scoring, any area except clutchness.

mavsfan1000
10-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Howards shooting>>>Manu

Manu has Parker and Duncan while Howard has only Dirk and Terry. Therefore Howard>Manu.

B and P Cats
10-18-2007, 03:00 AM
All of this wont matter much when Cuban ships him to the Fakers as part of the Kobe deal.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but, who coached Pippen? JACKSON!! He could easily make Howard another Pippen if he wanted.

sprrs
10-18-2007, 03:08 AM
Pippen without the big nose? This guy needs to get his information straight.

EJFischer
10-18-2007, 03:14 AM

This isn't actually true. Howard's per-game averages are slightly higher, but he also plays 35 minutes a game to Ginobili's 27. These are their per-40-minutes averages from last season (via basketball-reference.com):

Howard: 21.5pts 7.7rb 2.1ast 1.3stl 0.9blk
Ginobili: 24.1pts 6.3rb 5.1ast 2.1stl 0.5blk

So, last season, Howard was significantly better rebounder and a slightly better shot-blocker while Ginobili a significantly better stealer of the ball. Defensively they are pretty similar. But Ginobili was a significantly superior scorer, in terms of both his own points and getting his teammates involved.

atxrocker
10-18-2007, 03:18 AM
what a fucking insult to pippen. and lmao @ dirk4mvp. not a personal fan of ginobili but he is more of a special player then howard. fuck howard.

Dirk Nowitzki
10-18-2007, 07:39 AM

Howard still has a short temper and lacks composure. In terms of scoring and rebounding sure Howard>Manu. In terms of heart, slashing, stealing, getting under the other teams skin,toughness, to extent leadership and taking over in the clutch then it is easily Manu>>>>>>>>>>>>>Howard.

nkdlunch
10-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Ginobili 3 rings, 1 olympic gold medal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Mav in history

LMAO

except Michael Finley

mavsfan1000
10-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Howard still has a short temper and lacks composure. In terms of scoring and rebounding sure Howard>Manu. In terms of heart, slashing, stealing, getting under the other teams skin,toughness, to extent leadership and taking over in the clutch then it is easily Manu>>>>>>>>>>>>>Howard.
Howard was our best player against Golden State. Maybe he exerts too much effort and is fatigued in the 4th quarter because of it but he gives a lot in the 3 quarters.

da_suns_fan__
10-18-2007, 01:39 PM
This isn't actually true. Howard's per-game averages are slightly higher, but he also plays 35 minutes a game to Ginobili's 27. These are their per-40-minutes averages from last season (via basketball-reference.com):

Howard: 21.5pts 7.7rb 2.1ast 1.3stl 0.9blk
Ginobili: 24.1pts 6.3rb 5.1ast 2.1stl 0.5blk

So, last season, Howard was significantly better rebounder and a slightly better shot-blocker while Ginobili a significantly better stealer of the ball. Defensively they are pretty similar. But Ginobili was a significantly superior scorer, in terms of both his own points and getting his teammates involved.

What a load of garbage.

Ginobili's per 48 stats are better....well I should HOPE SO!!
He only has to play 27 minutes a game. Could you imagine how much better everyone's efficiency numbers would be if they knew they were only playing 27 minutes a night?

Hemotivo
10-18-2007, 01:45 PM
:tu

mavsfan1000
10-18-2007, 01:48 PM
What a load of garbage.

He only has to play 27 minutes a game. Could you imagine how much better everyone's efficiency numbers would be if they knew they were only playing 27 minutes a night?
True. Howard would be perfect if he only had to play 27 minutes. He just can't play his best for the total game as he gets fatigued.

ElNono
10-18-2007, 02:00 PM
What a load of garbage.

He has played over 27 minutes and still kept his efficiency up. Should I remind you when he dropped 48 points in your gym? Didn't think so.

dirk4mvp
10-18-2007, 04:46 PM
what a fucking insult to pippen. and lmao @ dirk4mvp. not a personal fan of ginobili but he is more of a special player then howard. fuck howard.
:cry

Just go ahead and take it out on the Mavs and whoever else you want. Just be prepared for the shit season the kings are about to have. :toast

Fillmoe
10-18-2007, 04:50 PM
ginobili had one good year and playoffs and everyone jumped on his nuts....

mavs>spurs2
10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Great take

your takes are always awesome, keep up the good work :tu

EJFischer
10-18-2007, 06:03 PM
True. Howard would be perfect if he only had to play 27 minutes. He just can't play his best for the total game as he gets fatigued.

If this is true, then his minutes are being seriously mismanaged by Avery Johnson. Running your players into exhaustion is just plain poor coaching.

I haven't watched enough mavs games to know, how much trust does Johnson have in his bench?

hater
10-19-2007, 09:15 AM
he is as ugly as Pippen, that's about it

ambchang
10-19-2007, 10:52 AM
he is as ugly as Pippen, that's about it
:lol
BTW, Pippen's defense >>>>>>>>>>> Howards, it's not even close. We are talkign about one of the best perimeter defender of all time vs. a potential top-tier defensive forward in the game today.

mavsfan1000
10-19-2007, 01:29 PM
BTW, Pippen's defense >>>>>>>>>>> Howards, it's not even close. We are talkign about one of the best perimeter defender of all time vs. a potential top-tier defensive forward in the game today.
If you think that way than Pippen is one of the most overrated defenders of all-time. :lol He was a solid defender though but no Bruce Bowen.

ambchang
10-19-2007, 01:36 PM
If you think that way than Pippen is one of the most overrated defenders of all-time. :lol He was a solid defender though but no Bruce Bowen.
I think you haven't seen Pippen play, Pippen was as good as, or better than, Bowen, Cooper, Moncrief, Payton, or any other perimeter players. He got great lateral quickness and long arms, so it is almost impossible to drive past him, yet he has the length and strength to defend the post if larger players (see 91 Finals) try to post him up, he also plays the passing great superbly
There is not one thing Pippen could not do defensively on the perimeter.

Slinkyman
10-19-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't remember Pippen ever being stupid enough to call a time out when his team had none left at the end of a game, much less a finals game.

J.T.
10-19-2007, 02:27 PM
I could respond with "Six rings, no rings" smack but I'll save that for after the Spurs win two more.

mavsfan1000
10-19-2007, 03:01 PM
I think you haven't seen Pippen play, Pippen was as good as, or better than, Bowen, Cooper, Moncrief, Payton, or any other perimeter players. He got great lateral quickness and long arms, so it is almost impossible to drive past him, yet he has the length and strength to defend the post if larger players (see 91 Finals) try to post him up, he also plays the passing great superbly
There is not one thing Pippen could not do defensively on the perimeter.
Sorry I disagree. THe bulls were so great because Jordan was unstoppable and Pippen complimented his game very well. Pippen was not great at anything but he had no weaknesses. He was a solid scorer, defender, and rebounder and ran the floor well on fast breaks. Jordan was just as good of a defender as Pippen was as well. Jordan>>>>Pippen.

jmard5
10-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Sorry I disagree. THe bulls were so great because Jordan was unstoppable and Pippen complimented his game very well. Pippen was not great at anything but he had no weaknesses. He was a solid scorer, defender, and rebounder and ran the floor well on fast breaks. Jordan was just as good of a defender as Pippen was as well. Jordan>>>>Pippen.

Are you not contradicting yourself?

And also, no one ever said that Pippen >>>> Jordan.

jmard5
10-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't remember Pippen ever being stupid enough to call a time out when his team had none left at the end of a game, much less a finals game.

I also don't even remember Pippen calling out to the league that someone is out wanting to sprain his ankles.

Obstructed_View
10-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Josh didn't do that in the Finals, he did that in college. He called their last timeout in the Finals which made them have to bring the ball the length of the court. He's a mutton-head.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3987/2986/1600/JH%20College%20Timeout.jpg

mavsfan1000
10-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Are you not contradicting yourself?

And also, no one ever said that Pippen >>>> Jordan.
No I'm not. Pippen is getting highly overrated. He was riding Jordan's coattail along with some other solid players the bulls had like Rodman and etc.

resistanze
10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I think you haven't seen Pippen play
It must be said again.

mavsfan1000
10-19-2007, 05:17 PM
It must be said again.
I was a huge bulls fans in the 90's. Try again. Put Josh Howard with Jordan and something special would happen.

The Franchise
10-19-2007, 06:04 PM
I was a huge bulls fans in the 90's. Try again. Put Josh Howard with Jordan and something special would happen.
I'm sorry but now your overrating Josh Howard. Put Josh Howard with Jordan and Jordan has about three rings. Josh Howard couldn't hold Pippens Jock strap.

big3bigD
10-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Although their games are somewhat similar, I do not see how anyone could make the statement that Howard is a Pippen clone. Howard is a very good player, but hasn't proven to be in Pippen's class yet. The Mavs have to win at least a ring or two before he can even be considered.

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Howard stated that Pippen would be No.1 on another team without Jordan.

Howard couldn't be No.1 on another team. He's just not that good.

He manages to make a couple of shots here and there, but overall, he's pretty weak.

The LeBron/Jordan, Dirk/Larry Bird comparisons have been the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

The only comparison that comes close is Kobe to Jordan.

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Something special, like Howard wasting a crucial timeout in a championship-determining game?

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 06:49 PM

Ginobili can take over an entire game.

Josh Howard can't do anything without Dirk Nowitzki by his side.

3>0, enough said.

dirk4mvp
10-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Josh Howard can't do anything without Dirk Nowitzki by his side.

And Ginobili has how many nba rings w/o Duncan by his side?

ElNono
10-19-2007, 07:43 PM

He's got an olympic gold medal, beating Tim Duncan. How many mavs did the same?

dirk4mvp
10-19-2007, 08:14 PM
gee, I could have sworn I said nba championships.

ElNono
10-19-2007, 08:26 PM
gee, I could have sworn I said nba championships.

Why limit it to nba championships? Let's open it up to all sorts of competitions... I mean, if you're good, your resume probably has many titles and championships... Olympic Gold Medals, Euroleague championships, multiple MVP awards, NBA rings...
The only thing Howard has in his resume is one All Star Game appearance: That's the only similarity he has with Manu.

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 10:05 PM

None, but I do know the Spurs never beat the Phil-Shaq-Kobe Lakers or won three in five years until Ginobili showed up.

As for Dallas, lost without Howard and Howard arrives and they still lose :lol

mavs>spurs2
10-19-2007, 10:21 PM

Pippen was probably the best perimeter defender of all time, although Bowen is good too. The thing about Pippen is he is so underrated from living in Jordans shadow throughout his prime. Hell, even Pippens defense was overshadowed because Michael was one of the best perimeter defenders to play the game as well.

ambchang
10-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Hmmm ... first, just because Jordan is as good a defender as Pippen doesn't mean that Pippen wasn't good, it meant that Pippen was fantastic, because Jordan was widely known as one of the best defensive players in the history of the league (which I don't necessarily agree).
Pippen was on 8 All-D 1st team, and twice on the 2nd team. It was a wonder he was never named DPoY, but that is hardly a surprise given that the award is voted in by the media who somehow never voted for Bowen and got Camby in last year over Duncan.
2nd, Pippen was a great defender, was a fantastic passer, is only behind Larry Bird as the best forward in directing an offense , plays the passing lane, and ran the break as good as anyone. That explains why he was 3 time all-nba 1st, twice 2nd, and twice 3rd. The man was a fantastic player, unique in every way. He was Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway before injuries, and LeBron James actually reminds me more of Pippen (or an athletic Magic) than the next Jordan.

ambchang
10-19-2007, 11:36 PM
No I'm not. Pippen is getting highly overrated. He was riding Jordan's coattail along with some other solid players the bulls had like Rodman and etc.
There is a reason Jordan never won anything before Pippen emerged. I know people kept saying that Jordan was the best ever yada yada yada, but Pippen was as instrumental to Jordan's successful career (as in 6 rings) as anybody (maybe Phil Jackson). The reason the Bulls were so unstoppable in those days were because they had an absolutely dominant perimeter defense (Jordan and Pippen), and solid post defense (Cartwright, Grant, Rodman), and their offense was unpredictable and quick (Pippen and Jordan penetrate and kick to 3 pt shooters, Jordan post up, Pippen cuts, etc...).
Just because Jordan was one of the best players of all-time doesn't mean that he didn't have excellent teammates. It seems to me that revisionist history is having Jordan as the sole reason for the Bulls success, much like Willis Reed scoring 4 points in a game 7 instead of Walt Frazier's amazing performance vs. the Lakers was somehow the sole reason the Knicks won the championship that year.

resistanze
10-20-2007, 09:09 AM
There is a reason Jordan never won anything before Pippen emerged. I know people kept saying that Jordan was the best ever yada yada yada, but Pippen was as instrumental to Jordan's successful career (as in 6 rings) as anybody (maybe Phil Jackson). The reason the Bulls were so unstoppable in those days were because they had an absolutely dominant perimeter defense (Jordan and Pippen), and solid post defense (Cartwright, Grant, Rodman), and their offense was unpredictable and quick (Pippen and Jordan penetrate and kick to 3 pt shooters, Jordan post up, Pippen cuts, etc...).
Just because Jordan was one of the best players of all-time doesn't mean that he didn't have excellent teammates. It seems to me that revisionist history is having Jordan as the sole reason for the Bulls success, much like Willis Reed scoring 4 points in a game 7 instead of Walt Frazier's amazing performance vs. the Lakers was somehow the sole reason the Knicks won the championship that year.
That's because people remember Jordan more for his iconic status than they do for what actually happened in his career. A lot of the people probably witnessed his last 2 years with the Bulls and are now making evaluations based on that.

No one remembers the first round beatdowns from the Bucks and Celtics. Shit, Jordan scores 63 points in a game and the STILL got swept that year. He missed like 75% of the season that year and they STILL made the playoffs. It's weird how in a matter of years after that point people believe he should take all the credit for playing on some of the most balanced teams in NBA history.

No doubt he is one of the best players in NBA history, if not the best, but no need to elevate his status to a point that is just inconsistent with history.

I mean Pippen overrated? Riding Jordan coattails? Never heard that one before.

exstatic
10-20-2007, 10:52 AM
You're fucking stupid. No, you're beyond fucking stupid. Put 30 GMs in a room, and I guarantee you that at least 25 will pick Ginobili's big balls over Howards stupid tough guy get suspended poser attitude.

exstatic
10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
As for the whole "Duncan effect"? Let's turn it around and look at it from Duncan's perspective...

Duncan w/o Ginobili 1 ring in 5 years.
Duncan w/ Ginobili 3 rings in 5 years and 2 near misses.

The defense rests, your honor.

mavsfan1000
10-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I highly doubt it. You are underestimating a great young talent in Josh Howard compared to a player breaking down due to playing year round in Ginobili. Howard has fresher legs and it will show this year as it did last year. If Dirk plays like a superstar than the mavs are the better team. If he doesn't than the spurs are the better team. Howard is going to get his along with better rebounding. Howard is a beast.

exstatic
10-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Ginobili is breaking down? :lmao He played in the summer of 06 internationally, and came back and posted better numbers in FG% 3G% FT% rebs and scoring and played 10 more games last year.

dirk4mvp
10-20-2007, 04:13 PM
You're fucking stupid. No, you're beyond fucking stupid. Put 30 GMs in a room, and I guarantee you that at least 25 will pick Ginobili's big balls over Howards stupid tough guy get suspended poser attitude.

Right. And your poser hardass attitude you're putting on the internet makes you look pretty fucking stupid as well.

dirk4mvp
10-20-2007, 04:14 PM
But that doesn't matter as long as Manu's cock is placed firmly in your mouth.

ElNono
10-20-2007, 05:46 PM
But that doesn't matter as long as Manu's cock is placed firmly in your mouth.

Didn't we have this conversation in at least other 2 threads where you got completely pwned? That you repeat to yourself that Howard is better than Manu doesn't make it so.

Howard has great potential, but still has not won anything, and until then, he's just another 'could-be' player...

Obstructed_View
10-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Didn't we have this conversation in at least other 2 threads where you got completely pwned? That you repeat to yourself that Howard is better than Manu doesn't make it so.

Howard has great potential, but still has not won anything, and until then, he's just another 'could-be' player...
Just accept that if you dare to suggest that Manu takes more legitimate contact than Devin Harris does or that he is near the player Josh Howard is, that the conclusion by Mavs fans is that you just want to put your mouth somewhere on Manu's lower body. They don't really have a basketball argument to make.

ElNono
10-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Just accept that if you dare to suggest that Manu takes more legitimate contact than Devin Harris does or that he is near the player Josh Howard is, that the conclusion by Mavs fans is that you just want to put your mouth somewhere on Manu's lower body. They don't really have a basketball argument to make.

I'm can already see the lame, unfounded reply:

Howard>Manu

dirk4mvp
10-20-2007, 05:58 PM

completely pwned? I bet you make yourself feel better when you say that.

ElNono
10-20-2007, 06:07 PM
completely pwned? I bet you make yourself feel better when you say that.

We're not talking about me. We're talking about Howard and Manu. Unless you have ADD, please stick to the topic at hand. So, your solid basketball take on why Howard is a better player than Manu?

dirk4mvp
10-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I thought we were talking about Howard being a Pippen clone.

ElNono
10-20-2007, 06:12 PM
I thought we were talking about Howard being a Pippen clone.

I thought so too, but you dragged Manu in the conversation, not me:

dirk4mvp
10-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Because my main objective was to piss somebody off. I succeeded.

ElNono
10-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Because my main objective was to piss somebody off. I succeeded.

I'm pretty calm here, in case you were referring to me.
I'll be around whenever you want to talk basketball.
In the meantime, don't try so hard to make a fool of yourself with every post.

exstatic
10-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Don't get me wrong. JHo is pretty damn good. He'll have to become more than a 3 quarter player to ever be considered better than Manu, though.

dirk4mvp, shouldn't you be changing your name? Dirk got his MVP and Dallas went home empty yet again. Maybe mavs4secondround?

mavs>spurs2
10-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Don't get me wrong. JHo is pretty damn good. He'll have to become more than a 3 quarter player to ever be considered better than Manu, though.

dirk4mvp, shouldn't you be changing your name? Dirk got his MVP and Dallas went home empty yet again. Maybe mavs4secondround?

damn that was hilarious

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-20-2007, 08:35 PM