PDA

View Full Version : Tim sighting!

Brianna
10-18-2007, 12:48 AM
He was at Rudy's Bar B Q off I-10 I just froze! Should I had said hi, or asked him for an autograph? I feel as though I will never get that opportunity back.

:depressed

Duncan
10-18-2007, 12:51 AM
You did the right thing let the Spurs have some space!

Last Comic Standing
10-18-2007, 12:53 AM
You should of had him sign your Ribs!

jaffies
10-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Why in the shit does that never happen to me?
I've always wondered what I would say if the opportunity came around.
It would prolly sound something like "uh...heh, yaa...oooh, you ummm...souu.....BRAVATARS!!!"

=RTM=
10-18-2007, 12:58 AM
=I saw David Robinson's brother at the Taco Cabana off Fred road around 10 years ago! He was in a white 5.0 and with a girl that was not black! it was a night I will never forget for some reason.=

Trainwreck2100
10-18-2007, 01:01 AM
I saw Tony and Eva at la madeline on huebner once. I thought to myself you're a millionaire, da fuck are you eating @ la madeline for.

Purple Rain
10-18-2007, 01:03 AM
:lmao

urunobili
10-18-2007, 07:39 AM
He was at Rudy's Bar B Q off I-10 I just froze! Should I had said hi, or asked him for an autograph? I feel as though I will never get that opportunity back.

you did the right thing... we have to let them be when they're trying to be normal people :hat

Taco
10-18-2007, 08:24 AM
You should of had him sign your Ribs!
:lol :hungry: :lol

PM5K
10-18-2007, 08:31 AM
MMM Rudy's...

I see those guys in that area all the time.

Funny you mentioned it, I just saw Oberto while I was getting gas at the same place, he was getting gas as well.

Also about ten feet away, towards the rear of Rudy's was Armando Montelongo having a very animated cell phone conversation, for those who know who he is.

G-Nob
10-18-2007, 09:17 AM
You pus*y!
Now he'll never know how you feel about him!

spursfan09
10-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah thats cool. Let him have his space. You know how laid back Tim likes to keep things. this reminds me when I saw Tony Parker at the Quarry. It was the night Passion of the Christ came out and I saw Tony walk to the end of the line. Then a few moments later they were taking him to the front. He got some boos for that. :lol
Not by me ofcourse

lefty
10-18-2007, 11:31 AM
You should have told him you were Kurt Thomas, then he would have schooled you en route to 35, 15 and 9.

SpursDynasty
10-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I saw Dennis Rodman years and years back leaving the Subway that used to be by HEB on Jackson Keller and West Ave. 1994 I believe.

newbiefan
10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
seen tim a couple of times at the burger place on the other side of ih 10. everyone seems to just smile at him and leave him alone to enjoy his food..

angel_luv
10-18-2007, 01:08 PM

That's cool you saw Timmy.

Oh, Gee!!
10-18-2007, 01:09 PM
you shoulda blocked that rib out of his hand, and then stood above him while beating your chest

Jimcs50
10-18-2007, 01:19 PM
You should have brought pen and paper to his table, walked away w/o saying a word, except your name and if he signed it great, if not, then ok.

Oh, Gee!!
10-18-2007, 01:24 PM
you shoulda given him your phone number

Galileo
10-18-2007, 02:05 PM
you should have asked him if he's backing Ron Paul for president.

They're both Texans.

LilMissSPURfect
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
You shoulda told him bout the bill millers o'er here in da southside!!! y u at it...tell him the put up a best buy too!!!!

GO TIM!

Soul_Patch
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
You should have went up to him and said, "whats up mah nigga" and gave him some dap...then stood there and acted like you knew him and that you guys were eating bar b que together.

duncan228
10-18-2007, 04:16 PM
All jokes aside, I would have frozen too.
He's such an important part of the Spurs success, he's brought so much joy to SA and the league. It would be intimadating to me to be that close to him.
I think leaving him alone to have his dinner was the respectful thing to do.
If he's somewhere where it's more appropriate to approach him to ask for an autograph or picture I think that's okay to do.
But to respect his privacy is always a safe choice, especially when he's having dinner.

mbass
10-18-2007, 04:46 PM
All jokes aside, I would have frozen too.
He's such an important part of the Spurs success, he's brought so much joy to SA and the league. It would be intimadating to me to be that close to him.
I think leaving him alone to have his dinner was the respectful thing to do.
If he's somewhere where it's more appropriate to approach him to ask for an autograph or picture I think that's okay to do.
But to respect his privacy is always a safe choice, especially when he's having dinner.

What if he was having lunch?

LEONARD
10-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I saw Dennis Rodman years and years back leaving the Subway that used to be by HEB on Jackson Keller and West Ave. 1994 I believe.

I'm surprised you remember that since you were only 4 yrs old at the time...

callo1
10-18-2007, 05:25 PM
You did the right thing let the Spurs have some space!

I agree 100%

Those guys need to have their private time even when they are in public. Especially now that Tim has two kiddos. Only time I ever talked to the players was back in '03. I went to a game against the T-wolves in Minne and before the game we went to Cheveys to eat and Jarrin Jackson was there with Mike Brown. They saw us with spurs shirts on and talked to us, so we sat down a sec and chatted a bit. I remember calling JJ "laker Killer" to which he smiled ear to ear. Only talked a few mins and then went to get our own table.

Shelly
10-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Tim was sitting behind us at Champps during the lockout. He was with AD and someone else. I didn't know who he was at the time :oops

Drob and family were next to us at PF Chang's at La Cantera. Everybody left him alone which I thought was cool.

smrattler
10-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Since we are sharing, a couple of frozen moments for me...

Uhm, in th e 90's during college, I was pumping gas at an Exxon off 1-10 (north of 410) and on the same pump, but opposite side of it, I saw Antoine Carr pull up and pump. He was huge. I was too scared he would think I was trying to rob him or something to say anything.

I saw Terry Cummings once coming out of Northwest Theatre with some chick, and I pulled one of those "Uhm, hey.....", again, it was dark and in a parking lot of a late movie, didn't want him to take a preventive strikiing kick to my head. We were both parked out aways from the theatre and the only two cars near us. Kinda shady. :fro

My friend was working security at these tower condos in Alamo Heights (off Broadway) and I was waiting in the lobby for him to go to lunch, saw JR Reid with another guy (cant remember) coming out of the elevator. Didnt know he lived there. Froze.

Only time I didn't freeze: Saw TP and Eva at CrackleBarrel (how do you spell?) last year. My niece took a camera phone pic with them. Eva is tiny so that makes them approachable, at least by my niece.

duncan7721
10-18-2007, 07:32 PM
You guys are lucky....i live in China...My brother saw some of the lakers once here they were playing the Rockets.

Joe Schmoogins
10-18-2007, 07:34 PM
As long as we are sharing stories... I was at a Spurs Kings game in Sac last season... I had a grand plan to sneak down to courtside (I had nose bleed tickets) at half time and try to get Tim's attention. So everything was going fine, I managed to get to courtside and I was about 15 ft. away from Tim and Pop. The plan was to try to get his attention and say something encouraging like "keep up the good work Tim!" Or, "Go Spurs go!" Or something... Anyway, when I got down there I froze because I have never been so close to Duncan in my life and I absolutely could not remember what I was going to say. The only thing that kept coming into my head was, "I love you Timmy!" I didn't want to say that because I didn't want to sound like a homosexual stocker. So I just stood there frozen and staring. Anyway, security soon came and asked if I belonged where I was and I tried to make up some excuse but they saw right through my plan. I guess I stood out. I was the only one wearing a Duncan jersey in a sea of purple. I froze, they took me away, and that was it.

cbinge
10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I saw tim and his future wife at the movie theater on Wurzbach the summer after his rookie season-98. He was wearing a baseball cap and slouching as we were walking to our cars after the movie-I heard his distinctive voice, I wanted to go and give him a kiss on the mouth-didn't think my wife would like that too much... Anyway I shot a look his way, he looked at me like give me some space and I did. I think thats part of the reason he likes SA vs la or ny because he can go places and not be bothered...

HighLowLobForBig-50
10-18-2007, 08:04 PM
ive got a pretty nice autograph collection. at resturants i have seen bruce, malik, mike brown ( who was very nice and had a convo fer a while) D Rob , tim , nolan ryan,avery and tony eva and tony's bro a bunch. once while workin at tonys fav. resturant eva stopped me to get her some more sweet n low. call me crazy, but i think she thought i was hot, the way she looked me up and down and smiled. after having seen her up close in real life, im not impressed. she is so tiny, huge head and her arms could fit through the middle of a roll of toilet paper, ha guess i coulda just said TP

exstatic
10-18-2007, 09:24 PM
I saw Tony and Eva at la madeline on huebner once. I thought to myself you're a millionaire, da fuck are you eating @ la madeline for.
They eat at the one on 281N, too. My co-worker sees them there when she lunches with her daughter sometimes.

Roadrunners
10-18-2007, 10:12 PM
i saw sean elliot today. actually i got to carry his golf bag to his cart because he was playing at the pro am for the atat championship. also my girlfriend shopped next to manu and fabricio at best buy at the rim. and about 3 months ago just happened to be at fiesta texas and d. robinson was there with his son. man that guy is huge.

TheAuthority
10-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I mean... come on... let the guy have everything. I mean... he's got a rough life. Living in a mansion. Driving a car worth more than your house. Give the guy his space, show a little compassion.

angel_luv
10-19-2007, 08:24 AM
The first time I met Timmy, I was down at the railing before a game.
I was actually waiting for Rasho, but I wanted to see Tim too.

I had Timmy's card with me for him to sign, but I was distracted by guess who :) and didn't see Timmy until he was right in front of me.

I wanted to talk to him but I was just too in awe.
I couldn't get my basketball card out of the plastic case for him to sign and I wouldn't have dreamed of asking him to wait a second, so I just handed him the whole thing.
He autographed the case for me and I still have it.

The only other time I froze in the presence of a Spurs player was the time I caught up with Rasho in the lobby after the 2004 Tip Off Luncheon.

I had a whole great speech planned but got wrapped up in how I was standing right beside Sho and forgot the whole thing.
He hadn't seen me yet. I was a little bit behind him.
Next thing, I know Sho keeps walking and I was like, "Oh no! He's leaving!"
So I reached out and took his arm and said, " Rasho."

He turned and looked at me, waiting for me to say whatever it was I was going to say.
But I still hadn't remembered my speech. So we just stood there for a second, him looking at me, me looking at him.
Then I realized I still had him by the arm and so I let go.
He still stood there for a second ( the whole thing only lasted a minute).
I didn't know what to say so I just sort of smiled and shrugged and off he went.

Oh and then there was the time at the Open Practice later that same year when the players did a meet and greet with some of us beforehand.

I got to take a picture with Sho and had those two minutes to tell him whatever I wanted.
So I looked up at him meaning to say something to the effect of how he is my favorite player, but instead I said, with all the admiration in the world, " You're tall!'
Sho laughed at me- can't say I blame him.
I couldn't focus. He was just too cute and so close.

Those were the days. :)

drunkendan
10-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Man I saw Oberto w/ his wife at Babies R' Us about a year and half ago. I kept telling my wife I think that's him but I'm not sure. Then I saw his freakin' silver cap (or whatever that is) and I knew it was him. When I was stationed in Hawaii there was this one club where a lot of famous people went to. In the three years I was there I saw Shaq, The Rock, Damon Wayans, Cuba Gooding Jr., and Pauly Shore (getting turned down by chicks).

smrattler
10-19-2007, 04:30 PM
If it were me, I would delete Pauly Shore's name from that list for good when re-telling that story. :)

drunkendan
10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
But Pauly Shore was the most memorable. He was emceeing at the club and was either drunk or on drugs and I'm pretty sure he wanted to say "let's see some tits" but ended up saying "dicks" It was like they stopped the music and everyone stopped dancing. At the end of the night Damon Wayans had some chick spread eagle on a car in the parking lot. Oh yeah that chick Gina from Martin was at the club the same time Damon Wayans was there too.

Timmy!
10-19-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm in LA & i ran into Kandi-Man (when he was w/ the Clips) at an ATM in Redondo Beach in the middle of the night.

smrattler
10-19-2007, 04:47 PM
LOL, Ok, combine that with the earlier part of the story... NOW it sounds better! :-)