PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Stackhouse

SpursDynasty
10-18-2007, 11:35 AM
“They had, as we would see it, an easy road,” Stackhouse said. “Really, their main threat was Phoenix, who imploded and messed up their chances."

Such jealous comments are expected when the Spurs, this current NBA era's most successful franchise, have won 3 championships in 5 years.... while Dallas continues to win 60+ games year after year with no championship. It's funny to see comments like that and Dirk's after the 2006 Finals "We gave them the championship".

Dallas Mavs are officially the could've-would've-should've-excuses-excuses-excuses franchise of this decade.

And our only threat was Phoenix? Stackhouse makes it sound like the other 2nd round teams (GS and Utah) weren't good. Guess what, Jerry....your team was 1-5 vs. those teams during the season! Because success is measured against Dallas, right? :lol

lefty
10-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Who the hell is Jerry Stackhouse ?

Findog
10-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Jerry Stackhouse lives in Dallas, Jeff Drums. You better retract your comments, or he'll show up at the next Josh Daniels Band gig ready to shank your ass.

"I'M FROM DETROIT, BEYOTCH!"

Dirk Nowitzki
10-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Jerry Stackhouse lives in Dallas, Jeff Drums. You better retract your comments, or he'll show up at the next Josh Daniels Band gig ready to shank your ass.

"I'M FROM DETROIT, BEYOTCH!"

I dont think he can do that. The Josh Daniels band is on the rise now. That performance at Fouts Field was fucking epic. They now have body guards as well.

Taco
10-18-2007, 11:56 AM
that STEAKhouse is a Funny guy :lol

stretch
10-18-2007, 12:13 PM
steak goes good in tacos.

Findog
10-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I dont think he can do that. The Josh Daniels band is on the rise now. That performance at Fouts Field was fucking epic. They now have body guards as well.

Jeff is currently laying Lindsay Lohan and the latest exploits of the JDB are being chronicled on defamer, gawker, the superficial and all the other celebrity gossip blogs. In fact, Jeff was photographed getting out of a limo with his vagina exposed.

TDMVPDPOY
10-18-2007, 12:27 PM
easy road hhahahaa

first round opponent was GSW, how easier can that be

nkdlunch
10-18-2007, 12:44 PM
LMAO sour grape!

Golden State was outmuscled by Utah, Utah was outmuscled by Spurs. Golden State embarrassed Dallas. Do the math stackho

ChumpDumper
10-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Shit, we gave Dallas the championship the year before and they choked it away.

Don't hate us for being able to close the deal, Stack.

mavsfan1000
10-18-2007, 12:51 PM
I like most of the mavs players. Stackhouse is the exception to that. I can't defend those words as I totally disagree. San Antonio was too good.

ElNono
10-18-2007, 01:04 PM
:toast Here's to regular season champion, Jerry Stackhouse

atxrocker
10-18-2007, 01:14 PM
fucking classless

Findog
10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
fucking classless

Brad Miller, Ron Artest and Justin Williams.

Thugs, rapists, wifebeaters, animal abusers...

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2007-08 Sacramento Queefs.

JMarkJohns
10-18-2007, 02:08 PM
I remember half a dozen or so pretty well regarded posters on this site who said this was the Spurs easiest run to a Title ever. Why is a message from a non-Spur/non-Spurs fan taken differently than the same message from a Spur/Spurs fan?

Five, six, five, four... Compare to the other runs. I mean, 04-05 was 5-6-5-7... or 23 games to win the Title. Last year was only 20 games.

mardigan
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
It was a pretty easy run.
A team that didnt get fully assembled until around the AS break in the 1st round.
A team with a shit coach an no depth (not to mention the suspensions) in the second
A team with very little playoff experience playing for the first time in the WCF with a young team
And then the worst team to ever make into the Finals
It was a easy road, but Stack should still shut his mouth, losing in the 1st round to an 8th seed gives you no room to talk ever

JMarkJohns
10-18-2007, 02:25 PM
It was a pretty easy run.
A team that didnt get fully assembled until around the AS break in the 1st round.
A team with a shit coach an no depth (not to mention the suspensions) in the second
A team with very little playoff experience playing for the first time in the WCF with a young team
And then the worst team to ever make into the Finals
It was a easy road, but Stack should still shut his mouth, losing in the 1st round to an 8th seed gives you no room to talk ever

I don't disagree that Stackhouse shouldn't be the one breaking a story like this. It's not smart. but I think he was point out the obvious more than slighting the Spurs. Perhaps I'm wrong... It happens frequently...

ElNono
10-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I think the stupidity lies in that they had it easier than anybody else. They were the number 1 seed, playing the 8th seed. And they blew it. And now this same guy comes out talking about how easy another team had it, when they had it easier than anybody else.
Moral of the story: Shut the hell up, play the games and win, before talking about anybody else.

MavericksDynasty
10-18-2007, 02:42 PM
I think the stupidity lies in that they had it easier than anybody else. They were the number 1 seed, playing the 8th seed. And they blew it. And now this same guy comes out talking about how easy another team had it, when they had it easier than anybody else.
Moral of the story: Shut the hell up, play the games and win, before talking about anybody else.

Why the fixation on seeds? In 2006 the Spurs drew the Kings, who were a much better team than the 5th-seeded Grizzlies that the Mavs got.

Stackhouse wasn't calling out the Spurs, he was just pointing out the obvious. What a bunch of sensitive vaginas.

lefty
10-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Why the fixation on seeds? In 2006 the Spurs drew the Kings, who were a much better team than the 5th-seeded Grizzlies that the Mavs got.

Stackhouse wasn't calling out the Spurs, he was just pointing out the obvious. What a bunch of sensitive vaginas.

What's obvious ? that the Mavs got their vaginas violated in the 1st round ?

If the Mavs can't get past the 1st round, that means they can't win the title; the Spurs won and deserved it.

Troll

MavericksDynasty
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM

If the Mavs can't get past the 1st round, that means they can't win the title; the Spurs won and deserved it.

Troll

What's obvious is that the 87-88 Mavericks would wipe the floor with Steve Crap, Tim Pusscan and whatever other shit you could throw at them. Roy Tarpley was a beast!

Stack didn't say the Spurs didn't deserve their title, he just pointed out that they had a pretty easy route, all things considered.

JMarkJohns
10-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Stack didn't say the Spurs didn't deserve their title, he just pointed out that they had a pretty easy route, all things considered.

Great point. Too bad it will get lost as most people won't read beyond this...

What's obvious is that the 87-88 Mavericks would wipe the floor with Steve Crap, Tim Pusscan and whatever other shit you could throw at them. Roy Tarpley was a beast!

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM

Troll

Of course the Spurs deserved it. They won. The point is that they had an easy road to the trophy this season, with their only real competition being eliminated by the NBA front office. The Spurs are wily, play dirty, use cheap shots and get bailed out by the refs and Stern, but they are still the most dominant team of the last 10 years or so.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of them they have won 4 rings now, something that most teams cannot lay claim to.

That's about as much props as can be reasonably expected from a Laker fan.

Stop being such vaginas with rabbit ears sensitive to the slightest criticism and enjoy the Spurs success.

There is not too much left before placing that team into a retirement home.

1Parker1
10-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I remember half a dozen or so pretty well regarded posters on this site who said this was the Spurs easiest run to a Title ever.

Why is a message from a non-Spur/non-Spurs fan taken differently than the same message from a Spur/Spurs fan?

Who cares what posters think? Tim Duncan and many of the players have gone on record and said this was probably their hardest title run in terms of competition they had to go through to get the ring.

JMarkJohns
10-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Who cares what posters think? Tim Duncan and many of the players have gone on record and said this was probably their hardest title run in terms of competition they had to go through to get the ring.

Then why the fewest amount of games needed to win a Title since the expansion to a 7-7-7-7 format?

It doesn't take anything away from a four-time Champion that a run wasn't terribly difficult. Save for a few instances in the Phoenix series, the Spurs Title was never in doubt.

lefty
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Of course the Spurs deserved it. They won. The point is that they had an easy road to the trophy this season, with their only real competition being eliminated by the NBA front office. The Spurs are wily, play dirty, use cheap shots and get bailed out by the refs and Stern, but they are still the most dominant team of the last 10 years or so.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of them they have won 4 rings now, something that most teams cannot lay claim to.

That's about as much props as can be reasonably expected from a Laker fan.

Stop being such vaginas with rabbit ears sensitive to the slightest criticism and enjoy the Spurs success.

There is not too much left before placing that team into a retirement home.

Easy road ? okay let's refresh

GS beat Dallas; then Utah destroys GS in 5; then we destroyed Utah in 5 games.

Spurs are the BEST team right now; period

Yeah the road was easy for Spurs because they are too good :clap

1Parker1
10-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Then why the fewest amount of games needed to win a Title since the expansion to a 7-7-7-7 format?

Maybe because the Spurs were just playing that good at the time??? Take a look at the Spurs record and stats post all star break. It wasn't an easy road to the championship, it looked easier than it was because of the level of play the Spurs had at the time.

Spurs swept the Cavs and made it look easy. But people forget that this was the same Cavs team that just won 4 straight against a very good Detroit team. Lebron was coming of the best series of his career and he could have ridden that momentum right into the Spurs series. Denver was also a great team that I'm sure could have beaten or at least take any other team in the post season to at least 6-7 games. Jazz team just beat out a surging GS team that was coming off a high beating the Mavs.

It wasn't an easy road at all I don't think. Esp the Suns series.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Easy road ? okay let's refresh

GS beat Dallas; then Utah destroys GS in 5; then we destroyed Utah in 5 games.

Spurs are the BEST team right now; period

Yeah the road was easy for Spurs because they are too good :clap

conveniently leaving out the part about your only competition being eliminated by Stern and the NBA front office, effectively paving the way to another ring. spurs, Suns and Dallas were the only teams last season with any hope of winning it all. Dallas got punked in the first round, leaving an easy win for the Spurs against whichever team was left in the WCF, and everyone knows what how they got past the Suns. I'm sure that the Spurs did flips when the Mavs chocked, they probably would have beaten SA. Cleveland had no more chance against the WC champ than did New Jersey in 03. Easy road to a ring.

stretch
10-18-2007, 03:53 PM
That is ridiculous. The road they went on in 2003 was a very talented road. That suns team was not a team to be taken lightly. We all know how great the Lakers were. And that Mavs team was pretty damn good too, until Dirk got hurt.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Shit, we gave Dallas the championship the year before and they choked it away.

Don't hate us for being able to close the deal, Stack.

good point as well. if there is one thing that the Spurs do well, it is closing out games.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 04:13 PM
That is ridiculous. The road they went on in 2003 was a very talented road. That suns team was not a team to be taken lightly. We all know how great the Lakers were. And that Mavs team was pretty damn good too, until Dirk got hurt.

that was a very talented Mavs team, maybe your best shot at a title to date. You guys has SA on the ropes, even without Dirk, until Kerr and his slew of timely threes crushed the Mavs spirits.... Mavs would have easily dismisses the Nets in the Finals.... but then again, I thought that the Mavs were going to easily dismiss the Heat also. Guess you never know until the games are played.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
I think that the Spurs may have made it look a little easier than it really was, but there's really no way in hell you can make the case that this year was the toughest. I might believe it was the most physical of them, but not the toughest. Especially for Tim.

I might argue that the teams faced in 99 were worse. Minnesota was young and way overmatched. In L.A. Shaq was out of shape and possibly injured (IIRC) and Kobe wasn't Kobe yet. They were also led by Kurt Rambis, 'nuf said. Player for player the Jailblazers were probably better but that talent was more than matched by their immaturity. And in the Finals were the remnants of the New York Knicks. No Ewing, LJ on a bum wheel. It took the combined efforts of Houston, Spree, and Bavetta for them to even steal one game in that series. The final record was 15-2. Even if the first round had been best of 7 I think it wouldn't have gone past game 5, which would have bested their 16-4 mark this year.

Stack needs to watch his mouth though about other teams imploding. As long as he doesn't throw around the "A" word I can live with it.

LEONARD
10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
IT'S NOT FRIDAY YET BITCH!!! (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79462)

Findog
10-18-2007, 04:50 PM
IT'S NOT FRIDAY YET BITCH!!! (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79462)

another broken promise

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 04:51 PM
As long as he doesn't throw around the "A" word I can live with it.

that phrase originally had some legitimacy to it, but the following decade of dominance and three additional titles make anyone who says that SA needs an asterick look ignorant. there is no asterick, just four O'Brien trophies in SA's trophy case.

At the time though, the Spurs were known for not being able to get it done in the post-season.

Findog
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
that was a very talented Mavs team, maybe your best shot at a title to date. You guys has SA on the ropes, even without Dirk, until Kerr and his slew of timely threes crushed the Mavs spirits.... Mavs would have easily dismisses the Nets in the Finals.... but then again, I thought that the Mavs were going to easily dismiss the Heat also. Guess you never know until the games are played.

Uh what? On the ropes in Game Six? Maybe. On the ropes for the series? Not really.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Uh what? On the ropes in Game Six? Maybe. On the ropes for the series? Not really.

what the hell else could i mean??

Spurs won the series 4-2, but needed 6 three pointers late in that game from a seldom used Kerr to go ahead, win the game and crush your team's spirit (the little they had left).

if you are looking to start a meaningless debate, at least choose at topic of contention that makes sense. :rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
10-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Spurs won the series 4-2, but needed 6 three pointers late in that game from a seldom used Kerr to go ahead, win the game and crush your team's spirit (the little they had left).

if you are looking to start a meaningless debate, at least choose at topic of contention that makes sense. :rolleyes

Actually, it was Stephen Jackson who got the Spurs back into that game.

Steve Kerr just hammered nails into the coffin.

As for Stackhouse's statement, I could see where someone might take it as being dismissive of the Spurs' title. It suggests that the Spurs might not have earned the title. In an era where fans of other teams routinely suggest that the Spurs' championships are somehow mere quirks of fate and not testament to a great team and organization, I can see where some fans might find the comments offensive. It's one thing for a group of fans to say that their team's run was the easiest one yet; it's something else for another player in the league to say that the run was easy.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter one bit -- Stackhouse has provided bulletin board material, in a sense, to Cleveland, Utah, and Denver more than he has done anything to diss the Spurs.

Finally, as to the notion that the league office got rid of the Spurs' greatest foe, I don't get why the Suns were entitled to have a rule that had expressly calls for a suspension and has been consistently enforced in NBA history applied differently to them. Nobody has ever explained that to me. Are the Suns so freakin' special that they deserve to have the rules bent in their favor? If you don't want to get suspended, don't leave the bench during an altercation. Pretty simple stuff.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Finally, as to the notion that the league office got rid of the Spurs' greatest foe, I don't get why the Suns were entitled to have a rule that had expressly calls for a suspension and has been consistently enforced in NBA history applied differently to them. Nobody has ever explained that to me. Are the Suns so freakin' special that they deserve to have the rules bent in their favor? If you don't want to get suspended, don't leave the bench during an altercation. Pretty simple stuff.

maybe so, but the "spirit of the rule" was broken there. The bottom line is that the Spurs were rewarded and the Suns were punished for yet another dirty, cheap shot from Robert Horry (who now has a history of this type of play). any different take is simply homerism.

that being considered, it is still the responsibility of the Suns' players to remain on the bench during an on the court conflict.

my point is that that series was decided in the front office in Manhattan, not on the courts of SA and Phoenix.

Chris
10-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Ultimately, it doesn't matter one bit -- Stackhouse has provided bulletin board material, in a sense, to Cleveland, Utah, and Denver more than he has done anything to diss the Spurs.

:tu

Chris
10-18-2007, 06:22 PM
maybe so, but the "spirit of the rule" was broken there. The bottom line is that the Spurs were rewarded and the Suns were punished for yet another dirty, cheap shot from Robert Horry (who now has a history of this type of play). any different take is simply homerism.

that being considered, it is still the responsibility of the Suns' players to remain on the bench during an on the court conflict.

my point is that that series was decided in the front office in Manhattan, not on the courts of SA and Phoenix.

contradictions left and right

FromWayDowntown
10-18-2007, 06:23 PM

The Suns were punished for leaving the bench in reaction to Horry's cheap shot. If they didn't want to be punished they shouldn't have left the bench, because the black letter penalty for leaving the bench -- the one that has been applied every time that a player has left the bench during an on-court altercation -- has been suspension. Thus, while you say:

the truth is that the series was decided (to the extent that Amare and Boris being suspended completely cost the Suns the series) in the minds of two young men who failed to maintain their poise in a situation that every NBA team talks about. What took place in the league office was simply the continued enforcement of a black-letter rule that has always been enforced in that manner.

Again, suggesting that the result should have been any different is necessarily an argument that the Suns were somehow entitled to special treatment. I'm not sure what entitles the Phoenix Suns to be treated differently than every other team in basketball.

Chris
10-18-2007, 06:30 PM
the truth is that the series was decided (to the extent that Amare and Boris being suspended completely cost the Suns the series) in the minds of two young men who failed to maintain their poise in a situation that every NBA team talks about. What took place in the league office was simply the continued enforcement of a black-letter rule that has always been enforced in that manner.

Exactly, Amare and Boris thought it was go-time at the playground.

sprrs
10-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't disagree that Stackhouse shouldn't be the one breaking a story like this. It's not smart. but I think he was point out the obvious more than slighting the Spurs. Perhaps I'm wrong... It happens frequently...

Stackhouse also fails to realize that their road to the championship would have been similar. They would have played Utah in the second round, Spurs/Suns in the Third, and Cleveland in the finals. And Denver arguably > Golden State. As a matter of fact, the Mavs theoretically could have had an easier road to the championship.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 06:38 PM
The Suns were punished for leaving the bench in reaction to Horry's cheap shot. If they didn't want to be punished they shouldn't have left the bench, because the black letter penalty for leaving the bench -- the one that has been applied every time that a player has left the bench during an on-court altercation -- has been suspension. Thus, while you say:

Again, suggesting that the result should have been any different is necessarily an argument that the Suns were somehow entitled to special treatment. I'm not sure what entitles the Phoenix Suns to be treated differently than every other team in basketball.

I understand all of your listed points, as they are all basically saying the same thing, so allow me to be redundant as well.

Horry was rewarded for a cheap shot. He got the desired reaction from the Suns with the desired result. The letter of the law worked in the Spurs favor, allowing them to advance past a team that they would not have otherwise beaten. It is poorly constructed rule that should be revisited. No where has anyone, at any time suggested that the Suns are special when rules are concerned, just that the Spurs were rewarded for playing dirty.

I conceded in my previous post that the two young men for the Suns should have stayed on the bench, and I am very aware of the letter of the rule.

This result is not dissimilar to the civil case that rewarded a judgment to the thief that twisted his ankle on an old lady's roof while trying to rob her house. ..letter of the law.

resistanze
10-18-2007, 06:54 PM
It was a rather easy route to the championship, at least compared to the Spurs run in say, 2005.

What's ironic about Stack's comments though, is that the Mavericks were the main reason why the route was pretty easy for the Spurs. I mean, if the Mavs had beaten the Warriors, the Spurs and Mavs probably meet in the WCF in an epic showdown. So the statement doesn't make much sense coming out of Stack's mouth or any of their players.

Findog
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM

Up 3-1 without Dirk, and losing at one point in Game 6, doesnt mean the Spurs were on the ropes. You're the one who needs to start making sense.

Findog
10-18-2007, 07:13 PM
The letter of the law worked in the Spurs favor, allowing them to advance past a team that they would not have otherwise beaten.

Down 20 points in the fourth quarter of a close-out game with their full complement of players. Lost 3 games at full strength in the series while only winning two. Helpful hint: You don't know anything about basketball.

Have a Nice Day.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Up 3-1 without Dirk, and losing at one point in Game 6, doesnt mean the Spurs were on the ropes. You're the one who needs to start making sense.

they were for that game. again, stop trying to create meaningless debates, and if you do select a point of contention that makes sense.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Down 20 points in the fourth quarter of a close-out game with their full complement of players. Lost 3 games at full strength in the series while only winning two. Helpful hint: You don't know anything about basketball.

Have a Nice Day.

you are a spur ass kissing jackass. if you would like to debate something of substance, please do so. you are just making random, ignorant replys to fragments of posts.

helpful hint: kissing spur poster ass is not an acceptable substitute for basketball knowledge. it is being a punk.

some of the worst posts i've seen on this board...

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 07:40 PM

Have a Nice Day.

have a nice evening of admiring your teams' trophy case.

Findog
10-18-2007, 07:41 PM
they were for that game. again, stop trying to create meaningless debates, and if you do select a point of contention that makes sense.

You were the one who brought up a very old series and couldn't even get the details right about it. I was simply correcting you. I'm sorry if your vagina is tender and sore over that, but that's your problem, not mine.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 07:42 PM
You were the one who brought up a very old series and couldn't even get the details right about it. I was simply correcting you. I'm sorry if your vagina is tender and sore over that, but that's your problem, not mine.

fuck you pussy. find a fact that i posted that was incorrect.

Findog
10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
you are a spur ass kissing jackass. if you would like to debate something of substance, please do so. you are just making random, ignorant replys to fragments of posts.

helpful hint: kissing spur poster ass is not an acceptable substitute for basketball knowledge. it is being a punk.

some of the worst posts i've seen on this board...

I hate the silver and black, but I'm also a fan of truth. The truth is, the Spurs are a better team than Phoenix, suspensions or no suspensions. And I would be careful about accusing others of lack of substance when you troll this board making statements like the Phx-Sas series was decided in mid-town Manhattan, not on the basketball court. If speaking the truth makes me a "spur ass-kissing jackass," in the minds of a cretin, then so be it. Good luck with all of your issues.

Findog
10-18-2007, 07:46 PM
have a nice evening of admiring your teams' trophy case.

Ooh! Championship smack talk! Let's get a Celtics fan in here to talk smack about Bill Russell and Larry Bird. How old are you? 12? 13?

Findog
10-18-2007, 07:46 PM
fuck you pussy. find a fact that i posted that was incorrect.

You're foaming at the mouth and drooling. Such an expansive vocabulary you have.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I hate the silver and black, but I'm also a fan of truth. The truth is, the Spurs are a better team than Phoenix, suspensions or no suspensions. And I would be careful about accusing others of lack of substance when you troll this board making statements like the Phx-Sas series was decided in mid-town Manhattan, not on the basketball court. If speaking the truth makes me a "spur ass-kissing jackass," in the minds of a cretin, then so be it. Good luck with all of your issues.

i'll be fine, just keep your ignorance away from posts that do not concern you unless you have something of substance to bring to the table. you are a spur kissing jackass, and most of your posts from today alone support that. so again, go fuck yourself pussy, and find something that i posted that is non-factual.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 07:48 PM
You're foaming at the mouth and drooling. Such an expansive vocabulary you have.

just going to verbage that you might understand. you are the clown that brought the weak "sore vagina" smack.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Ooh! Championship smack talk! Let's get a Celtics fan in here to talk smack about Bill Russell and Larry Bird. How old are you? 12? 13?

old enough to have seen my team win three rings and have attended several of the preceding games.

Findog
10-18-2007, 07:51 PM
i'll be fine,

The things you post and your demeanor suggests otherwise. Aside from brain damage, you appear to have anger-management issues.

just keep your ignorance away from posts that do not concern you unless you have something of substance to bring to the table.

Are you familiar with the concept of projection?

you are a spur kissing jackass, and most of your posts from today alone support that. so again, go fuck yourself pussy, and find something that i posted that is non-factual.

What is a "spur kissing jackass?" For starters, the Spurs don't win that game without Stephen Jackson. Steve Kerr would never have had the opportunity to do what he did without Jackson. Secondly, the Spurs had a 3-1 lead, the opposition had its best player out, the Spurs were never on the ropes. Maybe if you had you know, actually watched that game or the series you would know that. If you want to be taken seriously and not be mocked and laughed at, do take care to familiarize yourself with what you're talking about. Otherwise you look silly. Again, have a nice day and start watching basketball, it's a great game and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Findog
10-18-2007, 07:52 PM
old enough to have seen my team win three rings and have attended several of the preceding games.

You're a Faker bandwagon fan, like most of that fanbase. I'm not sure you've ever actually even seen a basketball game, based on what you post here.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 08:02 PM
The things you post and your demeanor suggests otherwise. Aside from brain damage, you appear to have anger-management issues.

Are you familiar with the concept of projection?

What is a "spur kissing jackass?" For starters, the Spurs don't win that game without Stephen Jackson. Steve Kerr would never have had the opportunity to do what he did without Jackson. Secondly, the Spurs had a 3-1 lead, the opposition had its best player out, the Spurs were never on the ropes. Maybe if you had you know, actually watched that game or the series you would know that. If you want to be taken seriously and not be mocked and laughed at, do take care to familiarize yourself with what you're talking about. Otherwise you look silly. Again, have a nice day and start watching basketball, it's a great game and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

no anger management issues, but i admit that i cannot suffer fools easily.

where did you get your starting point? directly from FromWayDownton's post? it's almost word for word with you providing no further explanation. weak. the spurs were on the ropes, down late in the fourth quarter and needed a miracle against a depleted Mavs team to win that game. that is being on the ropes.

you are again making replies to fragments of posts and choosing completely irrelevant topics of debate. you have still been unable to produce one item that i have posted incorrectly. very weak.

it is increasingly apparent with each post you make, that you are the one lacking any real basketball knowledge at all. being mocked by you simply confirms that i know what i am talking about. you have got to be the most ignorant basketball fan that i have had the misfortune to debate. i would love to continue this further, but you bring nothing to the table. you just have your panties in a wad for being shown as an ignorant poster (undoubtedly not the fist time, even today). massively weak.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 08:05 PM
You're a Faker bandwagon fan, like most of that fanbase. I'm not sure you've ever actually even seen a basketball game, based on what you post here.

again, if you would like to actually debate some knowledge of the game, i would certainly welcome it. if you think that i am ignorant, come get some. I have yet to see any knowledge that you have to offer, other than juvenile thought fragments and lame insults.

your debate methods are reminiscent of our current president: maybe if you say something often enough, you can convince yourself it's true!

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 08:06 PM

that's ironic, coming from a fake Mavs fan.

Findog
10-18-2007, 08:12 PM
no anger management issues, but i admit that i cannot suffer fools easily.

You must not like looking the mirror.

where did you get your starting point? directly from FromWayDownton's post? it's almost word for word with you providing no further explanation. weak. the spurs were on the ropes, down late in the fourth quarter and needed a miracle against a depleted Mavs team to win that game. that is being on the ropes.

No, I watched the game, something you apparently didn't.

you are again making replies to fragments of posts and choosing completely irrelevant topics of debate. you have still been unable to produce one item that i have posted incorrectly.

The topic is Jerry Stackhouse. You were the one who brought up a 4-year-old series you didn't watch.

i
t is increasingly apparent with each post you make, that you are the one lacking any real basketball knowledge at all. being mocked by you simply confirms that i know what i am talking about. you have got to be the most ignorant basketball fan that i have had the misfortune to debate. i would love to continue this further, but you bring nothing to the table. you just have your panties in a wad for being shown as an ignorant poster (undoubtedly not the fist time, even today). massively weak.

Hyperbole much? The Office is on, so I can't babysit you any longer. Again, I hope you take an interest in basketball, I think you'd like it.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 08:22 PM

You must not like looking the mirror.

No, I watched the game, something you apparently didn't.

The topic is Jerry Stackhouse. You were the one who brought up a 4-year-old series you didn't watch.

i

Hyperbole much? The Office is on, so I can't babysit you any longer. Again, I hope you take an interest in basketball, I think you'd like it.

i hope that you can use that time during the Office to think of something else to post. it seems that you pull the ol' "you didn't even watch the game" smack with any poster that you debate (looked at some of your old ass kissing posts). you can keep typing the same shit over and over, but repetitive statements with nothing to back them up just perpetuate your image of ignorance. i watched that entire series. you apparently did not or you would be able to produce an original point instead of regurgitating other people's posts.

have a good evening though. no hard feelings, just gather some actual knowledge before instigating your next debate and you will find the result enlightening.

mavs>spurs2
10-18-2007, 08:48 PM
i'll be fine, just keep your ignorance away from posts that do not concern you unless you have something of substance to bring to the table. you are a spur kissing jackass, and most of your posts from today alone support that. so again, go fuck yourself pussy, and find something that i posted that is non-factual.

Well your screen name is non-factual, for starters

Findog
10-18-2007, 08:49 PM
i hope that you can use that time during the Office to think of something else to post.

So says the guy that claims the League handed the Spurs a victory and they were in danger of losing to us in 2003.

it seems that you pull the ol' "you didn't even watch the game" smack with any poster that you debate

No, just you.

(looked at some of your old ass kissing posts).

that's creepy, and, as an aside, you have reading comprehension issues.

you can keep typing the same shit over and over, but repetitive statements with nothing to back them up just perpetuate your image of ignorance.

I'm sorry, did you have something to say to me? You're talking about yourself again.

i watched that entire series. you apparently did not or you would be able to produce an original point instead of regurgitating other people's posts.

have a good evening though. no hard feelings, just gather some actual knowledge before instigating your next debate and you will find the result enlightening.

You're a troll who comes on here to shit on another team, not engage in debate. I hate the Spurs too, but I'm rational about it. There's no way anybody could ever have an enlightening and satisfying exchange with a troll. No hard feelings on my part either, you amuse me.

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Well your screen name is non-factual, for starters
:smokin

TonyParkerSux
10-18-2007, 09:02 PM
So says the guy that claims the League handed the Spurs a victory and they were in danger of losing to us in 2003.

No, just you.

that's creepy, and, as an aside, you have reading comprehension issues.

I'm sorry, did you have something to say to me? You're talking about yourself again.

You're a troll who comes on here to shit on another team, not engage in debate. I hate the Spurs too, but I'm rational about it. There's no way anybody could ever have an enlightening and satisfying exchange with a troll. No hard feelings on my part either, you amuse me.

you do not amuse me. your level of ignorance is no laughing matter.

you are the one with comprehension issues. if you refer to any of my previous posts, you will find me giving the Spurs the respect that they deserve.

get creeped out if you want to, but i knew that i remembered you using the same tired shit in another thread, so i went and found it.

you are the troll here, throwing yourself ignorantly into a debate with no basketball knowledge, just weak smack and childish insults.

this is the third or fourth post that you have produced that contains only opinion and insult. although i harbor you no ill will, i challenge your ignorant ass one last time to present some real, actual knowledge about the game of basketball. until you can do that, i will have to terminate this discussion due to your lack of any substance. there is no way that you will have any sort of enlightening conversation until you begin speaking about the game of basketball instead of useless irrelevant post fragments.

now that you have been served your medicine for the night, go to sleep son.

mavsfan1000
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I think you 2 need to get a room. :lol

Findog
10-18-2007, 10:12 PM
you do not amuse me. your level of ignorance is no laughing matter.

okay, tonyparkersux

you are the one with comprehension issues. if you refer to any of my previous posts, you will find me giving the Spurs the respect that they deserve.

the spurs didnt beat phoenix, david stern did. gotcha. giving them the respect they deserve.

get creeped out if you want to, but i knew that i remembered you using the same tired shit in another thread, so i went and found it.

if i use condescension and insults, then your name is probably da_suns_fan, spursdynasty or tonyparkersux. say something serious, and you'll get a serious reply.

you are the troll here, throwing yourself ignorantly into a debate with no basketball knowledge, just weak smack and childish insults.

this is the third or fourth post that you have produced that contains only opinion and insult.

act like a troll and you'll be treated like one.

i challenge your ignorant ass one last time to present some real, actual knowledge about the game of basketball.

what would be the point of talking basketball with somebody that says david stern beat the suns, tony parker sucks, and the 2003 spurs were "on the ropes" and in danger of losing the 2003 conference finals?

until you can do that, i will have to terminate this discussion due to your lack of any substance.

That and you being a troll.

there is no way that you will have any sort of enlightening conversation until you begin speaking about the game of basketball instead of useless irrelevant post fragments.

I admit I can't be "enlightened" by somebody who says tony parker sucks, david stern rigged the 2007 western conference semis and the 2003 spurs were in danger of getting beat by the mavs. The topic is Jerry Stackhouse, you were the one who brought up a 4-yr-old series that had nothing to do with the topic at hand. If you don't want to be called on your idiocy, accept the fact that discretion is the better part of valor.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 01:58 AM
okay findog

same lame shit as your last few posts. this whole thing is my fault for feeding the trolls anyway.

still though, it is facts and knowledge will enlighten you, and if you were able to read, you would know that has been my contention all along. i am amazed at how much you type about absolutely nothing. your only intention is to argue about anything, that is the definition of troll as far as i am concerned.

you jumped into a legitimate discussion arguing an irrelevant point, and bravo at least for drawing me into this much of a response without ever actually engaging me in one bit of actual basketball related debate. :clap

it seems that your inability to read is the much more pressing issue, but following the completion of that task, you should next focus on acquiring some basketball knowledge if you are posting on a basketball message board. start with the internet for your information, you at least seem to be familiar with that.

Findog
10-19-2007, 05:55 AM
it seems that your inability to read is the much more pressing issue, but following the completion of that task, you should next focus on acquiring some basketball knowledge if you are posting on a basketball message board. start with the internet for your information, you at least seem to be familiar with that.

The Spurs didn't beat Phoenix, David Stern did. Tony Parker sucks. And the 2003 Spurs were in danger of losing the conference Finals to Dallas. Tell me more oh wise and benevolent one.

stretch
10-19-2007, 08:16 AM

And telling someone to "fuck yourself, pussy" is not a childish insult? Pull your head out of your ass, you're full of shit. I've never seen you post anything worth reading or debating. It's been nothing but mindless nonsense. You literally make people in this forum dumber with your worthless, fuckfaced posts. I wish Kori would have banned your ass a long time ago.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
And telling someone to "fuck yourself, pussy" is not a childish insult? Pull your head out of your ass, you're full of shit. I've never seen you post anything worth reading or debating. It's been nothing but mindless nonsense. You literally make people in this forum dumber with your worthless, fuckfaced posts. I wish Kori would have banned your ass a long time ago.

fuck you idiot. whoever asked you anything? i see you get owned on a daily basis on this forum. i only went to that level after "weak vagina" smack was brought in. you actually have threads calling for you to be banned, and i see that you get no respect from anyone else either. so once again, i will go to verbage that a simple minded fuck like you might comprehend: go fuck yourself pussy.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:31 AM
The Spurs didn't beat Phoenix, David Stern did. Tony Parker sucks. And the 2003 Spurs were in danger of losing the conference Finals to Dallas. Tell me more oh wise and benevolent one.

keep making shit up and you might eventually believe yourself.

can you find quotes that i said any of those things? no you cannot. stop your useless trolling clown.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:34 AM

also, as suggested to you in a previous post, learn to read. an expanded vocabulary will result. the word benevolent makes no sense there in that sentence, but that should be no surprise as all of your posts are illogcal nonsense.

stretch
10-19-2007, 09:39 AM
fuck you idiot. whoever asked you anything? i see you get owned on a daily basis on this forum. i only went to that level after "weak vagina" smack was brought in. you actually have threads calling for you to be banned, and i see that you get no respect from anyone else either. so once again, i will go to verbage that a simple minded fuck like you might comprehend: go fuck yourself pussy.
Could you repeat that again? My mind kind of wandered toward the end.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Could you repeat that again?

gladly,

go fuck yourself pussy

stretch
10-19-2007, 09:42 AM
gladly,

go fuck yourself pussy
Huh?

stretch
10-19-2007, 09:43 AM
lol, Kwame Brown

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Huh?

that's about what anyone should expect from you on both an information and written level. Huh? is as eloquent and well spoken as you seem to get.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:45 AM
lol, Kwame Brown

lmao, Mavs in the post season

stretch
10-19-2007, 09:46 AM
lol, struggling to make post season

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:50 AM
well stretch and findog,

i am done with you two idiots. i started in this thread having a legitimate basketball conversation with some actual fans of the NBA, but it has now deteriorated into mindless banter with a couple of ignorant trolls.

i have to end this circle jerk now, before one of you ends up hurting yourself with your keyboard.

Good Day to both of you brilliant young posters.

Findog
10-19-2007, 09:51 AM
keep making shit up and you might eventually believe yourself.

can you find quotes that i said any of those things? no you cannot. stop your useless trolling clown.

So which is it? Did they beat Phoenix because they're the better team and they deserved it, or did they receive a gift from the commissioner's office? Pick a lane please.

"The letter of the law worked in the Spurs favor, allowing them to advance past a team that they would not have otherwise beaten."

Let's take away Game Five. We're still left with three Spurs victories to the Suns' two. Forget about Phoenix not having an answer for Tim Duncan, and having to bring a seldom-used big off the bench to guard him and how that negatively affects how they run their offense. Forget about them not being able to control the boards against San Antonio. Forget about the fact that for the past three years, they've been beaten consistently by the Spurs. Forget about the fact that San Antonio is the only team in the League that can beat them at their own game, an up-tempo running style. We're supposed to believe that Phoenix was definitely going to win that series if the Horry-Nash sequence hadn't taken place. Would having Amare and Diaw available for Game Five increase the Suns' chances of winning? Sure. But the Spurs won three other games just fine with them playing.

As for your comments regarding the 2003 conference finals, you claimed the Spurs were "on the ropes." In danger of losing Game Six and having to play a Game Seven on their home court against a depleted Mavericks squad that couldn't effectively guard Tim Duncan and had a coach uninterested in doing so? Sure. "On the ropes" and in danger of losing that series? Nope. Maybe if that Game Seven had taken place and the Mavericks were ahead late in the fourth quarter, that would be true, but you're getting ahead of yourself. There has to be a Game Seven first for that to be true.

Here's more diarrhea:

"that (2003 Dallas squad) was a very talented Mavs team, maybe your best shot at a title to date."

Very talented? Yes. Best shot at a title to date? Uh, no. That would be the team that was 5 minutes away from taking a 3-0 lead in the Finals and blew it. Just FYI, it takes 16 games to win a title. The 06 Mavs came within two wins. The 03 team came up 6 short. Of course they would've beaten New Jersey, but they weren't nearly as good as the Spurs that time around, so it's a moot point. The 06 Mavs were a much better defensive team on the interior, allowing them to get away without double-teaming Duncan all the time so they could stay home on the Spurs' perimeter players. The 03 team got by with a zone against lesser teams and couldn't handle a team like San Antonio that runs its half-court sets with precision and had Tim Duncan at his 25 and 15 peak.

As for your name: TonyParkersux? Is that hyperbole or do you honestly believe that? Are you here to troll or do you honestly think he is a below-average NBA player? Either you're a douchebag or you don't know anything about basketball. Pick a lane please.

Humble Billy Hayes
lmao who is this TonyParkerSux douche?

we're about to rape you of your best player and you want to talk shit?

enjoy being the laughingstock of the league again.

Findog
lol, Kwame Brown

lol, Jim Buss running things

Findog
10-19-2007, 09:52 AM

lol, As Kobe Turns

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:53 AM

maybe then you can finally get a trophy in your case?? who the hell is a douchebag wannabe BillyHayes Mavs fan to ever talk mess?

win something.

Findog

lol, Brian Cook

Findog
maybe then you can finally get a trophy in your case?? who the hell is a douchebag wannabe BillyHayes Mavs fan to ever talk mess?

win something.

lol, 2007 Lakers. Go masturbate to Showtime clips on youtube.

Findog
10-19-2007, 09:54 AM

lol, Mitch Kupchak

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:55 AM
lol, Brian Cook
lOL Dallas Mavericks and their eternally championship-less history

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:55 AM
lol, Mitch Kupchak

lol first round exit

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
lol, Mitch Kupchak

lol mark cuban

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:57 AM
lol, 2007 Lakers. Go masturbate to Showtime clips on youtube.

at least my team has championship footage that i can reference.

go masturbate to dirk being fouled by Manu in game 7.

Findog
lOL Dallas Mavericks and their eternally championship-less history

lol, bandwagon 14-yr-olds bringing up ancient history

TonyParkerSux
lol, Brian Cook

lol dirk nowitzki

Findog
lol mark cuban

lol, a once-proud franchise being run into the ground while a once-terrible franchise is now among the league's elite.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:58 AM
lol, bandwagon 14-yr-olds bringing up ancient history

lol, asshole 7 year olds with no history to bring up.

Findog
10-19-2007, 09:58 AM
lol dirk nowitzki

lol, Brian Cook vs. a top-five player

Findog
10-19-2007, 09:59 AM

lol, bandwagoner 14 yr old frontrunner vs somebody who sticks with his team through bad times all the way back to the Aguirre-Blackman days.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 09:59 AM
lol, a once-proud franchise being run into the ground while a once-terrible franchise is now among the league's elite.

LMFAO at dallas as an "elite team"

elite inidcates that you might actually win something. elite teams are not eliminated in the first round by 8th seeds.

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:00 AM

go masturbate to dirk being fouled by Manu in game 7.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm not gay. Thanks for your inquries though, but you're barking up the wrong tree.

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:00 AM
LMFAO at dallas as an "elite team"

elite inidcates that you might actually win something. elite teams are not eliminated in the first round by 8th seeds.

lol, Laker fan talking smack about first-round eliminations. Good luck getting to the playoffs this year.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:01 AM
lol, Brian Cook vs. a top-five player

LOL @ dirk being called a top 5 player.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:02 AM
lol, Laker fan talking smack about first-round eliminations. Good luck getting to the playoffs this year.

good luck making it out of the first round without Kobe.

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:03 AM
LOL @ dirk being called a top 5 player.

lol, Laker fan can't evaluate talent.

Duncan, Wade, Kobe, LeBron > Dirk. That's it.

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:04 AM
good luck making it out of the first round without Kobe.

Considering we've done that 6 out of 8 times, I'm not sweating it. Good luck making it out of the first round with Kobe, Lamar Odom's vagina and 10 D-Leaguers.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm not gay. Thanks for your inquries though, but you're barking up the wrong tree.

LMFAO at you claiming not to be gay. you are the one referencing masturbation and homosexuality. be proud of what you are, even though you don't seem to be much of anything.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:05 AM
lol, Laker fan can't evaluate talent.

Duncan, Wade, Kobe, LeBron > Dirk. That's it.

LMFAO at homerism. only a mavs fan would try to put Dirk in the top 5 in the league.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Considering we've done that 6 out of 8 times, I'm not sweating it. Good luck making it out of the first round with Kobe, Lamar Odom's vagina and 10 D-Leaguers.

LOL @ all of that gum bumping about how the Lakers suk and your team can't do any better in the postseason than a first round exit...

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:07 AM
LMFAO at homerism. only a mavs fan would try to put Dirk in the top 5 in the league.

So would 30 NBA gms, scouts, beat writers and other players. Btw, I thought you wanted to talk X's and O's.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2013579&postcount=87

Is trolling all you're capable of? Or are you just completely full of shit?

ambchang
10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
I understand all of your listed points, as they are all basically saying the same thing, so allow me to be redundant as well.

Horry was rewarded for a cheap shot. He got the desired reaction from the Suns with the desired result. The letter of the law worked in the Spurs favor, allowing them to advance past a team that they would not have otherwise beaten. It is poorly constructed rule that should be revisited. No where has anyone, at any time suggested that the Suns are special when rules are concerned, just that the Spurs were rewarded for playing dirty.

I think people are giving to much credit to Horry's ability to see the future. That hip check he took was a) a hard foul, b) amplified by Nash's flailing, and c) an act of frustration. There was no desired reaction, not in a million years would a reasonable person expect two men being paid millions of $ to completely forget about a simple rule that was repeated ad nausea throughout the season, and a bunch of assistants who’s main job during such a situation was to keep everything in check to completely lose their minds and join in the fracas, thinking that a Game 5 of the WCF is a game on the playground.

People also conveniently dismissed the fact that Horry was suspended for two games for a push that has never gotten that harsh a suspension, and that Raja Bell didn’t get anything more than a slap on the wrist for his retaliation.

It is a reflection of the sad state of society where everybody has a sense of entitlement that they, for some unknown reasons, deserve special treatment over everybody else, and that their own failures are always somebody else’s fault.

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
LOL @ all of that gum bumping about how the Lakers suk and your team can't do any better in the postseason than a first round exit...

2004-05: Lakers miss playoffs
2005-06: Lakers lose in first round to Phoenix
2006-07: Lakers lose in first round to Phoenix

2004-05: Mavs lose in second round to Phoenix
2005-06: Mavs lose in the Finals
2006-07: Mavs lose in the first round

Whatever you say, troll

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:09 AM
2004-05: Lakers miss playoffs
2005-06: Lakers lose in first round to Phoenix
2006-07: Lakers lose in first round to Phoenix

2004-05: Mavs lose in second round to Phoenix
2005-06: Mavs lose in the Finals
2006-07: Mavs lose in the first round

Whatever you say, troll

ok TROLL, there you go making shit up again:

last season, Dallas Mavericks= FIRST ROUND EXIT.

stretch
10-19-2007, 10:10 AM
i am done with you two idiots...
Good Day to both of you brilliant young posters.

Are you still posting here?

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:12 AM

He also said he wanted to talk X's and O's. When I did that, he just ignored it. I guess you can't take anything he says seriously, like Tony Parker sucks, David Stern beat the Suns, not San Antonio, and the 2003 Spurs were on the ropes against Dallas, he's done posting. He's more full of shit than a septic tank.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:13 AM
I think people are giving to much credit to Horry's ability to see the future. That hip check he took was a) a hard foul, b) amplified by Nash's flailing, and c) an act of frustration. There was no desired reaction, not in a million years would a reasonable person expect two men being paid millions of $ to completely forget about a simple rule that was repeated ad nausea throughout the season, and a bunch of assistants who’s main job during such a situation was to keep everything in check to completely lose their minds and join in the fracas, thinking that a Game 5 of the WCF is a game on the playground.

People also conveniently dismissed the fact that Horry was suspended for two games for a push that has never gotten that harsh a suspension, and that Raja Bell didn’t get anything more than a slap on the wrist for his retaliation.

It is a reflection of the sad state of society where everybody has a sense of entitlement that they, for some unknown reasons, deserve special treatment over everybody else, and that their own failures are always somebody else’s fault.

Horry was frustrated and acted accordingly. he did not know exactly what would transpire, but he definately wanted a reaction out of someone and he got it. I know that Horry was suspended as well, but his team was still rewarded for a dirty play.

i have always agreed that the Suns should have stayed on the bench, it is just unfortunate that Horry was able to play them like that.

stretch
10-19-2007, 10:13 AM
lol, amazing comeback

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:14 AM
ok TROLL, there you go making shit up again:

last season, Dallas Mavericks= FIRST ROUND EXIT.

You might consult the league records, those records are accurate. Since the 2004 offseason when Shaq was shipped out for 60 cents on the dollar, Dallas and the Lakers have retained about 70% of their respective rosters year to year. In that time, Dallas has greatly outperformed the Lakers in both the regular and postseason. But who am I talking to? Tony Parker sucks, David Stern rigged the 07 semis against Phoenix, and the 03 Spurs were on the ropes against Dallas.

stretch
10-19-2007, 10:14 AM
He also said he wanted to talk X's and O's. When I did that, he just ignored it. I guess you can't take anything he says seriously, like Tony Parker sucks, David Stern beat the Suns, not San Antonio, and the 2003 Spurs were on the ropes against Dallas, he's done posting. He's more full of shit than a septic tank.
oh well. can't please em' all.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:15 AM

you and I are far past that point. you will just continue your trolling, and frankly I am done feeding the trolls.

Dirk is the best player in the league and the Mavs have a deep championship history to be envied by all teams.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
lol, amazing comeback

LOL stretch pretending that he has ever typed anything worth a shit

TonyParkerSux

are you?

Humble Billy Hayes
LOL you need a VCR for that shit!

Findog
Dirk is the best player in the league and the Mavs have a deep championship history to be envied by all teams.

Still full of shit I see. Should we take this at face value like your other comments regarding Tony Parker, the 03 conference finals and the 07 semis?

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
You might consult the league records, those records are accurate. Since the 2004 offseason when Shaq was shipped out for 60 cents on the dollar, Dallas and the Lakers have retained about 70% of their respective rosters year to year. In that time, Dallas has greatly outperformed the Lakers in both the regular and postseason. But who am I talking to? Tony Parker sucks, David Stern rigged the 07 semis against Phoenix, and the 03 Spurs were on the ropes against Dallas.

LMAO. to whom am i speaking? Dirk is a top 5 player and the Mavs are 10X champions! LMFAO :lol

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
you and I are far past that point. I can't refute what you said. I will just continue trolling, and frankly I am done being mocked and ridiculed.

Findog
10-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Dirk is a top 5 player

Fixed.

Humble Billy Hayes
10-19-2007, 10:18 AM
I will just continue my trolling

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Still full of shit I see. Should we take this at face value like your other comments regarding Tony Parker, the 03 conference finals and the 07 semis?

no but feel free to fabricate as many issues and comments as you like. it is your only contribution to this thread, and your only apparent skill.

dirk is the least in the league and his post season performances prove it. that's it.

stretch
10-19-2007, 10:19 AM
are you?
I'm not the one who said I was done with you, mofo.

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
You seem to be trolling along just fine, fake BillyHayes.

Findog
dirk is the least in the league and his post season performances prove it. that's it.

Don't forget, Tony Parker sucks too.

TonyParkerSux
I'm not the one who said I was done with you, mofo.

:toast

TonyParkerSux
Don't forget, Tony Parker sucks too.
:lol

TonyParkerSux
10-19-2007, 10:22 AM
again, fabrication being your only contribution

Taco
10-19-2007, 10:23 AM
steak goes good in tacos.

A Steak Taco is gooooooood!!! :clap

Humble Billy Hayes
10-19-2007, 10:26 AM
You seem to be trolling along just fine, fake BillyHayes.
weren't you "done" with this conversation like 10 posts ago?

excellent work troll.

Findog
again, fabrication being your only contribution

Then give us your scouting report on Tony Parker then, Mr. X's and O's. After all, you're not a troll.

Findog

excellent work troll.

After a while you start to feel sorry for him. It's like picking on Corky from Life Goes On.

Humble Billy Hayes
10-19-2007, 10:27 AM
i have to end this circle jerk now, before one of you ends up hurting yourself with your keyboard.
that was two pages ago.

looks like you're the one enjoying your own personal circle jerk.

stretch
10-19-2007, 10:27 AM
A Steak Taco is gooooooood!!! :clap
what about a "cheese" taco?

stretch
10-19-2007, 10:29 AM

excellent work troll.
lol, owned for the 192nd time this thread.

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I remember half a dozen or so pretty well regarded posters on this site who said this was the Spurs easiest run to a Title ever. Why is a message from a non-Spur/non-Spurs fan taken differently than the same message from a Spur/Spurs fan?

Five, six, five, four... Compare to the other runs. I mean, 04-05 was 5-6-5-7... or 23 games to win the Title. Last year was only 20 games.

I'll tell you why.

When a Spurs fan says it, it means "The Spurs are the best team and they had an easy road to the championship because they are just too good for anyone to beat"

Stackhouse's comment meant "The Spurs wouldn't have won it if such and such played them on the way to the championship". He's saying we won it because we didn't have tough competition, not because we're good.

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Horry was rewarded for a cheap shot. He got the desired reaction from the Suns with the desired result.

That may be so, but if Amare and Diaw had stayed on the bench, the effect of Horry's cheap shot would have been a suspension for Horry and a detriment solely to the Spurs.

Do you really think that Horry -- in that split-second -- made a calculation that if he laid a cheap shot on Nash, he'd be able to draw two key Suns off the bench and get suspensions out of his foolishness? If so, I think we can end the conversation here, because I'm not sure how attributing such omniscient wherewithal to a player in that circumstance is at all reasonable.

The letter of the law worked in the Spurs favor, allowing them to advance past a team that they would not have otherwise beaten.

So the Spurs 3 other wins in the series were mere flukes while the Suns' failure to win 3 games is somehow indicative of their superiority?

It is poorly constructed rule that should be revisited.

Funny you should say that -- the league did try to revisit it this summer (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/news/story?id=2897178&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines), but not one owner offered a proposal to change the rule:

"We recently brought the subject up for discussion at our competition committee meetings," Stern said before Game 1 of the finals between the Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers.

"There was no proposal to change it. Our teams are satisfied with the enforcement and generally felt that any other enforcement would have been quite questionable given the past enforcement."

Perhaps you should buy an NBA team to bring your singularly-informed view of the rule to the table.

No where has anyone, at any time suggested that the Suns are special when rules are concerned, just that the Spurs were rewarded for playing dirty.

Yet the truth remains that had the league chosen NOT to suspend Amare and Diaw, it would have been making an unprecedented exception for them. I'd be interested in hearing how an argument to do that is somehow anything other than a plea for special treatment.

This result is not dissimilar to the civil case that rewarded a judgment to the thief that twisted his ankle on an old lady's roof while trying to rob her house. ..letter of the law.

I'd be surprised if such a verdict could ever withstand the rigors of an appeal, absent the possibility that defense counsel in the trial court had acted in pure incompetence. That a jury might reach that conclusion wouldn't surprise me; that any state court would ignore rules of law that largely prohibit recovery by trespassers for injuries sustained while trespassing would surprise me greatly. And, in this case, because there are rules of law that would prohibit such a recovery by your hypothesized thief, your example is wholly inapt. If there was a rule in the NBA rulebook that permitted players to come off the bench to respond to cheap shots, you'd have a point -- but there isn't such a rule.

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 04:05 PM

Wrong. Both teams were punished.

I mean, Horry was suspended too right? That's punishing the Spurs. Hasn't he made some of the biggest championship-determining shots in NBA history? Without him the Lakers don't win the championship in 2002 (Game 4 vs. Kings) and without him we don't have our 2005 championship (Game 5 vs. Pistons). He has been more underappreciated since he left the Lakers. His biggest shot this year? Putting away the Nuggets and stopping them from tying the series at 2-2 in the first round, which could have put us in jeopardy. His three put us up by four with under a minute to go in Game 4.

And as far as I saw, there were 5 other games with no suspension, and the Spurs won three of them, and face it, Game 4 was HANDED to Phoenix at the end....It was a defensive collapse on the part of the Spurs.

Rules are rules. That just goes to show that no team gets special treatment, and just because you got 61 wins from beating all the East teams doesn't make you good.

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 04:12 PM

I conceded in my previous post that the two young men for the Suns should have stayed on the bench, and I am very aware of the letter of the rule.

I don't see how you can reconstruct that rule. I'd like to hear the suggestion. The SPURS did not play dirty. It was ONE PLAYER who did, and he got suspended. That ONE player got punished. He got suspended.

Two other guys, who know the league rules, came off the bench.

No special treatment.

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 04:22 PM
And I think TonyParkerSucks is still mad over us ending the Lakers' 3-year run and last chance to win a championship.

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Crucial pwnage by FWD.

The Franchise
10-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Damn all that made my head hurt. :lol

Findog
10-19-2007, 05:52 PM
lol, TonyParkerSux

big3bigD
10-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Hopefully I do not draw the wrath of either one of you two bball gurus by adding my two cents here.

TonyParkerSux: there is no way that last season's Suns were going to beat the Spurs with or without their full squad. Spurs have proven time and time again that they own the Suns. Same thing every time they play...Amare gets his points, Spurs win the game. Also, saying that the Mavs best chance for a ring was in 2003 does not even make sense. They were one game and a few bad calls away from winning the whole thing against Miami. How does being eliminated in the WCF in six games qualify as being a better shot at the title?!

Findog: I am a Mavs fan as well and I like Dirk, but he is absolutely not a top 5 player in the NBA. He is maybe not even a top 5 PF. I would put, Amare, Garnett, DHoward, and Duncan all ahead of Dirk at the 4 spot with Boozer being pretty close also. More realistically, I would say that Dirk is in the top 20 in the NBA.

big3bigD
10-19-2007, 06:39 PM
what about a "cheese" taco?

stretchman21 from FWST and MC?

Findog
10-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Findog: I am a Mavs fan as well and I like Dirk, but he is absolutely not a top 5 player in the NBA. He is maybe not even a top 5 PF. I would put, Amare, Garnett, DHoward, and Duncan all ahead of Dirk at the 4 spot with Boozer being pretty close also. More realistically, I would say that Dirk is in the top 20 in the NBA.

Wow. I really don't have anything to say to that. I never said Dirk was a flawless player, but I couldn't disagree more. If top-five is debatable, then he is for sure top 10.

If one puts on a GM cap and takes age and salary into the equation, then there's all sorts of players you'd take over Dirk, such as Greg Oden, Chris Bosh, etc. But there's a very, very, very short list of guys better than him.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/19/votml-dallas-wont-get-the-love-it-deserves/

I'm not a big fan of Tom Ziller but he gets it right here. This team and Dirk in particular are suffering from an overreaction from the Warrior series. Hopefully they can use the slights and disrespect as fuel for the upcoming season.

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 06:57 PM
I wasn't originally looking forward to the Dallas/SA games this season, but since Jerry Stackhouse wants to talk like he has some superior authority over the Spurs, I can't wait for the Spurs to sweep Dallas in the regular season. Hopefully no hand from the referees will be lent to the Mavs, such as in the following situations:

Game 3, 2006: Spurs held a 99-98 lead with 1:05 to go in the game. Dirk steps on Duncan's foot and sprains his ankle. Duncan didn't foul. But they call a foul anyway and foul Duncan out, handing Nowitzki two free points.
Game 7, 2006: Duncan's put-back attempt at the end of regulation should have been a foul called on Dallas. No foul called. Goes into OT and Dallas runs away with a fake win.
November 24, 2006: Dallas leads by three, Finley attempts a game-tying three as time expires, is fouled by Nowitzki, but to everyone's surprise, no foul is called.
April 15, 2007: Joey Crawford.

So with those fake wins, Stackhouse thinks he has some superior authority over the Spurs. Hey Jerry, the Spurs showed up to the Western Conf. Finals, where were you, bitch? :ihit

Findog
10-19-2007, 07:00 PM
I wasn't originally looking forward to the Dallas/SA games this season, but since Jerry Stackhouse wants to talk like he has some superior authority over the Spurs, I can't wait for the Spurs to sweep Dallas in the regular season. Hopefully no hand from the referees will be lent to the Mavs, such as in the following situations:

Game 3, 2006: Spurs held a 99-98 lead with 1:05 to go in the game. Dirk steps on Duncan's foot and sprains his ankle. Duncan didn't foul. But they call a foul anyway and foul Duncan out, handing Nowitzki two free points.
Game 7, 2006: Duncan's put-back attempt at the end of regulation should have been a foul called on Dallas. No foul called. Goes into OT and Dallas runs away with a fake win.
November 24, 2006: Dallas leads by three, Finley attempts a game-tying three as time expires, is fouled by Nowitzki, but to everyone's surprise, no foul is called.
April 15, 2007: Joey Crawford.

So with those fake wins, Stackhouse thinks he has some superior authority. Hey Jerry, the Spurs showed up to the Western Conf. Finals, where were you, bitch? :ihit

I hope the Josh Daniels Band doesn't get screwed over by biased reviews in Rolling Stone and Magnet. Nobody can accuse Jeff of being a fake drummer. He showed up to Buffalo Wild Wings for the latest gig, what about the rest of you lazy bitches? I'm looking in your direction Josh.

SpursDynasty
10-19-2007, 10:20 PM
If only Detroit didn't let LeBron get confident at the end of Game 5, we would have had a grind-out NBA Finals with the Spurs and Pistons, much more entertaining then glorified high school baller LeBron James.

It was more of what Detroit didn't do, rather than what Cleveland did do, that took Cleveland to the Finals.

I'm not the jeffdrums from Josh Daniels Band. For that to be true I'd have to be 6'4" and married.

mavs>spurs2
10-19-2007, 10:27 PM
If only Detroit didn't let LeBron get confident at the end of Game 5, we would have had a grind-out NBA Finals with the Spurs and Pistons, much more entertaining then glorified high school baller LeBron James.

It was more of what Detroit didn't do, rather than what Cleveland did do, that took Cleveland to the Finals.

I'm not the jeffdrums from Josh Daniels Band. For that to be true I'd have to be 6'4" and married.

Dude you know you can update your myspace information if you made some mistakes..

ElNono
10-19-2007, 10:30 PM

You can pin that one on Flip Saunders. Not only he refused to double up on Lebron James until the last game of the series, but once he did, he didn't think that running to an open Boobie in the corner was a good idea.
Watching that series just reinforced my opinion that Flip is truly a terrible coach. He only worries about the offense, and thinks the defense will take care of itself. It's a shame too, since the Pistons were a terrific defensive team since the Larry Brown era.

stretch
10-20-2007, 01:06 AM
stretchman21 from FWST and MC?
yea. whats up big3bigD?

stretch
10-20-2007, 01:09 AM

Do you recall the end of game 5, or 6, when Tony Parker grabbed Dirk's jersey on his putback? If they called a foul on that, Dirk gets the points, and the series is over. Now go sniff Francisco Elsons ass crack.

SpursDynasty
10-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Do you recall the end of game 5, or 6, when Tony Parker grabbed Dirk's jersey on his putback? If they called a foul on that, Dirk gets the points, and the series is over. Now go sniff Francisco Elsons ass crack.

I just saw the video and Tony is a couple of feet away from Dirk as Dirk is attempting the put back. Nice try though.

monosylab1k
10-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I just saw the video and Tony is a couple of feet away from Dirk as Dirk is attempting the put back. Nice try though.
Post the video if you saw it. Nice try though.

P.S. I really don't get why you will deny your existence in the Josh Daniels Band....SpursTalk is one of the most heavily trafficked sports boards in the world, you could get some big time publicity from this. Buffalo Wild Wings could really be rockin' some balls if you'd promote yourselves a little more.