PDA

View Full Version : Car Advice

angel_luv
10-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Can any of you recommend a reputable body shop?

The other day at the gas station, I was making a slow sharp turn and ran the right front of my bumper into the column by the tanks.

The light is not broken but when I make some ( not all) right turns there is a horrible scraping noise from where I bumped by bumper inward.

I went to one body shop today but did not at all feel comfortable with the repair man.
He told me that some brackets need to be replaced which I believe but he also seemed like the kind who would break other stuff while he was inside my car so he could charge me to repair that also.

Not only that, he was so condescending and tried to make me afraid by talking in all sorts of outlandish hypotheticals when I asked for practical answers.

I know that I do not know a lot about cars but I was asking smart questions and he treated me like I am a completely idiot.

Also is it too much to ask that he refrain from answering his cell for the ten minutes he is talking to me?

I am so annoyed and upset right now and I am supposed to be on vacation.
Ugh!

Anyway, help please!

I live on the North East side of town so if anyone knows any good shops over here, that would be great.
I'll take all your suggestions though.

Thanks!

sa_butta
10-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Most importantly are you paying out of pocket or going through your insurance??

ORION
10-18-2007, 12:50 PM
It could be your thrust vectoring

angel_luv
10-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Most importantly are you paying out of pocket or going through your insurance??

I don't know. If it is only a few hundred dollars than wouldn't it be best to just pay it myself?

johnsmith
10-18-2007, 01:14 PM
I don't know. If it is only a few hundred dollars than wouldn't it be best to just pay it myself?

Depends on your deductible.

sa_butta
10-18-2007, 01:18 PM
can you post a pic of the damage?

you may be able to salvage the bumper or buy parts from a junkyard.

sa_butta
10-18-2007, 01:19 PM
It could be your thrust vectoring
No way Ive seen this before, replace the flux capacitor and add some
turn signal fluid.

T Park
10-18-2007, 01:24 PM
The turn signals could prob just use some light bulb grease. Would explain the sound.

sa_butta
10-18-2007, 01:28 PM
The turn signals could prob just use some light bulb grease. Would explain the sound.:lol About a week ago I was getting my oil changed at a shop.There was a lady working in the shop, and they told her to get some turn signal fluid next door.
She actually walked to Auto zone to find the fluid.

T Park
10-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Did they all immediately bust out laughing as soon as she left? :lol

Shelly
10-18-2007, 01:44 PM
We've used Collision One on Oakland (Babcock/Huebner area) twice and they've done an excellent job each time.

Collision One

8803 Oakland Rd
San Antonio, TX 78240

(210) 696-6666
collisionone.net

PakiDan
10-18-2007, 02:54 PM
turn signal fluid.

:lol :lol :lol That's some funny shit.

10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
turn signal fluid.

Just make sure if it has over 50K to use the high mileage formula. I would highly discourage going with a synthetic.

CuckingFunt
10-18-2007, 04:07 PM
:lol About a week ago I was getting my oil changed at a shop.There was a lady working in the shop, and they told her to get some turn signal fluid next door.
She actually walked to Auto zone to find the fluid.:lmao

Misogyny is so funny.

spurster
10-19-2007, 09:09 AM
We've used Collision One on Oakland (Babcock/Huebner area) twice and they've done an excellent job each time.

Collision One

8803 Oakland Rd
San Antonio, TX 78240

(210) 696-6666
collisionone.net
I second this recommendation.

sa_butta
10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Did they all immediately bust out laughing as soon as she left? :lolWe were all rollin on that one.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-19-2007, 10:07 PM
:lmao

Misogyny is so funny.

Normally I agree with you, but that is not misogyny - it's hating on dumb people. I'm sure they've used that trick on idiot guys too.

By saying it's misogyny, you are buying into the stereotype that women are clueless about machines, and in effect hating on women yourself.

CuckingFunt
10-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Normally I agree with you, but that is not misogyny - it's hating on dumb people. I'm sure they've used that trick on idiot guys too.

By saying it's misogyny, you are buying into the stereotype that women are clueless about machines, and in effect hating on women yourself.
No. I was actually just making a joke.

angel_luv
10-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Way to hijack my thread. :lol

You guys should really not pick on people, girls especially, about their cars.

I am not stupid but I don't understand the inner workings of a car. If a professional car repairman recommends a product to me, I am going to tend to take his word on it.
After all, if I had known what I needed to do, I wouldn't have gone to him.

- End of Rant-

In other news, my car will be fixed this week.

blizz
10-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I was about to say, Joel's Collision on 410 does some really good work.